HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

[MOD] 10 goals for John Moore this year?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-18-2013, 10:06 AM
  #26
Dactyl
Registered User
 
Dactyl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 7,324
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Eat Crow View Post
Doubt he gets much power play time. Richards and Del Zotto will be on the points for one PP unit. Stralman and McDonagh should get time too. You just know Girardi will sneak his way into getting time as well.

I just don't see the opportunity for him to get to 7 or so, never mind 10. I'd say 4-5 is much more reasonable.
if richards doesnt bounce back, i would rather have moore on the pp. last season the pp looked good the few times he was on it.

Dactyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2013, 10:13 AM
  #27
Jabroni
The People's Champ
 
Jabroni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,584
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dactyl View Post
if richards doesnt bounce back, i would rather have moore on the pp. last season the pp looked good the few times he was on it.
Agreed. Moore wasn't afraid to shoot the puck and has a nice one timer.

__________________
Jabroni is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2013, 10:28 AM
  #28
BobMarleyNYR
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Alphabet
Country: Iraq
Posts: 2,917
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenrubber View Post
how many points would McIlrath put up against the US paralympic hockey team. I'm thinking he has the ability to be over 1PPG, but that's just me.
I think you'd be very surprised. At the highest level, an athlete is an athlete. As a disabled athlete, that's not my level, but these guys don't mess around.

BobMarleyNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2013, 10:36 AM
  #29
Dactyl
Registered User
 
Dactyl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 7,324
vCash: 500
DZ and Stralman should definitely get PP time no questions asked. McD, Moore, Richard and Staal and Brassard are the point options for the PP. McD and Staal could probably thrive there as both definitely have untapped offensive potential, however im not so sure overloading these guys with more minutes would be a good idea. Moore playing on the 3rd pairing and PP time would not overwork him and could be very successful. in the end i really dont care who AV uses as long as its not Girardi.

PLEASE AV KEEP GIRARDI AWAY FROM THE PP

Dactyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2013, 10:40 AM
  #30
Ail
k.
 
Ail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mysidia
Country: United States
Posts: 16,291
vCash: 500
Sure why not? I'm good for 3 or 4 watching from my bed or couch.

__________________
Ail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2013, 10:40 AM
  #31
Tawnos
A guy with a bass
 
Tawnos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Charlotte, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 11,497
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dactyl View Post
DZ and Stralman should definitely get PP time no questions asked. McD, Moore, Richard and Staal and Brassard are the point options for the PP. McD and Staal could probably thrive there as both definitely have untapped offensive potential, however im not so sure overloading these guys with more minutes would be a good idea. Moore playing on the 3rd pairing and PP time would not overwork him and could be very successful. in the end i really dont care who AV uses as long as its not Girardi.

PLEASE AV KEEP GIRARDI AWAY FROM THE PP
Of all the Rangers defensemen, Girardi is the most likely to actually get the puck on goal. It's a very underrated part of his game. There's a reason he scored 10 goals a couple of years ago. That being said, we need Girardi rested for other parts of the game, so I don't really want to see him on the PP too much either.

Tawnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2013, 11:03 AM
  #32
Jabroni
The People's Champ
 
Jabroni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,584
vCash: 500
Let's keep this thread on topic. There are other threads for PP and general team discussion. Thanks.

Jabroni is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2013, 11:40 AM
  #33
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss
 
Glen Teflon Sather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bloomfield, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 4,881
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
I think 10 would be a disappointment. I'm expecting Norris caliber stats

Glen Teflon Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2013, 01:04 PM
  #34
allbossesaredumb*
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 19
vCash: 500
Expecting 10 goals is not ridiculous at with a real offensive system if he plays the point on the PP. Again, people on this board made the same mistake with Moore that they did with Brassard. Going off of what they saw in Columbus and what Jackets fans said about him. The Jackets are a horribly run organization. The top picks on that team have had little to no help. You saw what Brassard did with a better supporting cast. The Rangers stole Moore. His offensive upside is very high.

allbossesaredumb* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2013, 10:09 AM
  #35
azaloum90
Registered User
 
azaloum90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The coop!
Posts: 2,660
vCash: 500
anywhere from 4 to 8 goals is my thought. He won't see much power play time YET (barring injuries), but he'll get half of his goals on that.

azaloum90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2013, 10:15 AM
  #36
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,356
vCash: 500
Can we stop with OFFENSIVE SYSTEM? AV doesn't employ an offensive system.

Anyway, I think he will get between 3 and 5 if he plays and gets opportunities on the PP

Silence Of The Plams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2013, 10:36 AM
  #37
azaloum90
Registered User
 
azaloum90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The coop!
Posts: 2,660
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess What View Post
Can we stop with OFFENSIVE SYSTEM? AV doesn't employ an offensive system.

Anyway, I think he will get between 3 and 5 if he plays and gets opportunities on the PP
He's plays an offensive system AFTER his defense is solid...

Thing is, our defense is one of the top 5 in the league. Offense will come, not to worry

azaloum90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2013, 10:59 AM
  #38
ck20
Registered User
 
ck20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 1,136
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
Of all the Rangers defensemen, Girardi is the most likely to actually get the puck on goal. It's a very underrated part of his game. There's a reason he scored 10 goals a couple of years ago. That being said, we need Girardi rested for other parts of the game, so I don't really want to see him on the PP too much either.
Girardi's ability to get a puck on net rivals MDZ's.

ck20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2013, 11:03 AM
  #39
azaloum90
Registered User
 
azaloum90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The coop!
Posts: 2,660
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by htk30 View Post
Girardi's ability to get a puck on net rivals MDZ's.
Girardi has the hardest shot.... he is far from accurate with his shot... I think even hitting the boards with the puck is a problem for him sometimes

azaloum90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2013, 11:04 AM
  #40
ck20
Registered User
 
ck20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 1,136
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by allbossesaredumb View Post
Expecting 10 goals is not ridiculous at with a real offensive system if he plays the point on the PP. Again, people on this board made the same mistake with Moore that they did with Brassard. Going off of what they saw in Columbus and what Jackets fans said about him. The Jackets are a horribly run organization. The top picks on that team have had little to no help. You saw what Brassard did with a better supporting cast. The Rangers stole Moore. His offensive upside is very high.
Brassard has played 2 dozen games in a Rangers uniform. Going to need to see a lot more and see it consistently before jumping on that train.

10 goals from a guy who hasn't breached 2 in an NHL season is pretty optimistic. Lot of "if" conditions (being on the PP at all; AV's super-ultra-high-octane offensive system that will obviously fit perfectly to all the Rangers) to be satisfied in addition to Moore actually capitalizing/getting lucky bounces.


Last edited by ck20: 08-19-2013 at 11:10 AM.
ck20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2013, 11:08 AM
  #41
ck20
Registered User
 
ck20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 1,136
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by azaloum90 View Post
Girardi has the hardest shot.... he is far from accurate with his shot... I think even hitting the boards with the puck is a problem for him sometimes
Honestly though, it's always looked like Girardi's MO is those wide shots in hopes of someone in front of the net getting the rebound/garbage goal. Relatively sure he's been told to shoot the way he does; when he actually does get shots on goal, they're pretty quality shots.

The real joke is the Rangers having someone in front of the net. The secondary joke is having someone scrappy enough to battle for a loose puck.

ck20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2013, 11:17 AM
  #42
azaloum90
Registered User
 
azaloum90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The coop!
Posts: 2,660
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by htk30 View Post
Honestly though, it's always looked like Girardi's MO is those wide shots in hopes of someone in front of the net getting the rebound/garbage goal. Relatively sure he's been told to shoot the way he does; when he actually does get shots on goal, they're pretty quality shots.

The real joke is the Rangers having someone in front of the net. The secondary joke is having someone scrappy enough to battle for a loose puck.
well with Torts, the MO was go behind the net...

azaloum90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2013, 01:37 PM
  #43
Drewbackatu*
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 3,048
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowe Knows Best View Post
I think 10 would be a disappointment. I'm expecting Norris caliber stats
Absolutely!

Drewbackatu* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2013, 02:01 PM
  #44
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...
 
Gardner McKay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Atlanta
Country: United States
Posts: 9,960
vCash: 50
I think 4 - 6 with about 18-23 points would be realistic. Anything else is gravy for such a young kid.

__________________
"Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear or a fool from any direction."
Gardner McKay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2013, 05:45 PM
  #45
hpNYR
HF Forecaster
 
hpNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Burbank, CA
Country: Armenia
Posts: 7,097
vCash: 500
Moore reminds me of a more aggressive and a more defensively sound Tom Poti.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2013, 05:54 PM
  #46
hpNYR
HF Forecaster
 
hpNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Burbank, CA
Country: Armenia
Posts: 7,097
vCash: 500
Or even a Jordan Leopold.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2013, 05:54 PM
  #47
Barnaby
Registered User
 
Barnaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Port Jefferson, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,500
vCash: 500
I'll say over if we change the thread to read "10 goals for John Moore's career."

Barnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2013, 06:06 PM
  #48
Barnaby
Registered User
 
Barnaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Port Jefferson, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,500
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
Moore reminds me of a more aggressive and a more defensively sound Tom Poti.
I don't really see that. Poti had a lanky build, and was master of the poke check. He played a different sort of game to me. He didn't seem to have any physical edge to his game either.

John Moore reminds me a lot more of Ryan McDonagh. He has the same slick skating, a similar build, he can be physical but you don't really look at him as an overly physical crease clearer. He can make some plays offensively, but he's never going to be Erik Karlsson or Brian Leetch. I'm not saying that he'll be as good as McDonagh, but I think he'll develop into a similar player style wise. I'd say he becomes a 2nd pairing 30ish points type of guy.

Barnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2013, 07:05 PM
  #49
hpNYR
HF Forecaster
 
hpNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Burbank, CA
Country: Armenia
Posts: 7,097
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby View Post
I don't really see that. Poti had a lanky build, and was master of the poke check. He played a different sort of game to me. He didn't seem to have any physical edge to his game either.

John Moore reminds me a lot more of Ryan McDonagh. He has the same slick skating, a similar build, he can be physical but you don't really look at him as an overly physical crease clearer. He can make some plays offensively, but he's never going to be Erik Karlsson or Brian Leetch. I'm not saying that he'll be as good as McDonagh, but I think he'll develop into a similar player style wise. I'd say he becomes a 2nd pairing 30ish points type of guy.
Hence why I said Moore as a more aggressive Tom Poti. Very similar skating styles with a very soft touch on the puck.

McD is built like a tank and that's why he has that nick name. The guys lower body is as as solid as they come which contributes to his stellar 2-way game, not so much the case with Moore. McD is fast but his skating is not as soft and smooth as a Moore or Poti, while Moore doesn't have that lower body physique you see with McD.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:36 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.