HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Roman Josi to Montreal.

Old
08-14-2013, 02:06 PM
Flair Hay

vCash: 50
Feel bad for Preds fans. Someone throws out a spitball offer for their long term #2 defenseman signed at a great cap hit. And then when they ask for the moon for a guy they don't want to trade, they get ridiculed for overvaluing him. Can't win on HF sometimes.

Flair Hay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2013, 02:19 PM
PredsHabs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
Forsberg was drafted as a center, wasn't he?
Yes he was. Thanks for stating that.

PredsHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2013, 02:27 PM
PredsV82
Polishing Turds

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhay1987 View Post
Feel bad for Preds fans. Someone throws out a spitball offer for their long term #2 defenseman signed at a great cap hit. And then when they ask for the moon for a guy they don't want to trade, they get ridiculed for overvaluing him. Can't win on HF sometimes.
Yeah thats the biggest fallacy of most of these threads... there is a huge difference between agreeing on what is "fair value" for a player and what kind of offer it would actually take to force a team to trade a player they really dont want to trade... to determine the latter you have to consider the actual situation that a team is in, ie are they rebuilding, transitioning, or competing for a cup right now.

trading Paco for Josi might make more sense a year from now when the Preds will know if Jones is the real deal and could replace Josi in the top pair, and if Ekholm looks like he could fill in on the 2nd pair.

But right now when we really dont know about those two, Poile cant afford to send Josi away

PredsV82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2013, 03:26 PM
ThirdManIn
Global Moderator
Aspiring Sinecure

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
Forsberg was drafted as a center, wasn't he?
He was, but he will be playing the wing for at least the foreseeable future. Even if he does eventually move back to center, there is absolutely no reason to trade him just to put together the line that was mentioned.

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2013, 11:40 PM
PredsHabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
He was, but he will be playing the wing for at least the foreseeable future. Even if he does eventually move back to center, there is absolutely no reason to trade him just to put together the line that was mentioned.
You are missing the point. It is not about the line mentioned.
I was only using those names as a comparison about the type of players they might become and showing the type of players in our top six someday.
Filip Forsberg is the best of the three anyways followed by Pontus Aberg whom we drafted in the second round that year(alot of rankings had him to go in the first,so we got a steal there). Sebastian Collberg was taken by Montreal in the second as well.
I was just trying to get some offense here seeing how we are always complaining about it. Who would not like this kind of team in the future. It amazes me people always say we cannot trade our crap for good players(agreed), but then when you make a half way decent trade offer and we cannot do that because we need them to badly. So How do we add offense to this team?

This trade helps both teams out and I would add one more player or 1 more draft pick if I was Poile and Montreal offered me those three players.

Pacioretty is only 24 so it is not like we are trading for a player like we always do headed to retirement. He has size at 6-2 219lbs, so we are adding a solid player, you cannot teach size like alot of other things. He can score, over the past two seasons(including the half or so last year) he has 48g and 56a. So what is the problem? He is still young, has size and can finish and not to mention he has a wonderful contract.

Gorges is no Josi but at least you get a solid Left handed defensemen back in the package. Not to mention for two seasons( I believe) Weber played with him on the Kelowna Rockets, even won the memorial cup together.

Collberg is a very good prospect that could add something to this team in 1-2 years.

This trade is not about Collberg he is just the incentive to do the deal, this is about Pacioretty and Gorges who help now.

I know Josi and Weber look great together but I do not believe a Weber-Gorges defense at the top would hurt Webers feelings very much seeing how him and Gorges have a little history together. But all the time we see people,even me, make offers on here that are crazy wanting good players for our bottom six. We cannot have it both ways we are going to have to give up something that may hurt if we want offense. If not we will continue to make the playoffs and that is it. If you are happy with that so be it but I want a cup here someday and defense is an important part of that but scoring might be a little more important to a team like ours who really is close to going deeper if we can just add to what we already have. I know everyone is tired of hearing this from me but we need some scoring help here in Smashville.

Last edited by PredsHabs: 08-15-2013 at 11:30 PM.
Old
08-15-2013, 11:30 PM
PredsHabs

I am going to try one more offer. See what you think.

To Montreal: Roman Josi, Nick Spaling, Taylor Beck, 2014 1st round draft pick- (Cap hit total of $6,386,667)

To Nashville: Max Pacioretty, Josh Gorges, Sebastian Collberg- ( Cap hit total of $9,325,000 but $925,000 of that belongs to Collberg)

Old
08-16-2013, 12:14 AM
vokiel
#FireBergerrien

No thanks, we're not giving away our best forward for futures.. It makes no sense.

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2013, 08:07 AM
Predsrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
No thanks, we're not giving away our best forward for futures.. It makes no sense.
Josi is already a very solid top pairing d.. and yet hes still a future? man thats gotta be really good.

Predsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2013, 11:23 PM
PredsHabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
Josi=futures ??

Old
08-17-2013, 01:43 AM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Originally Posted by predshabs View Post
Josi=futures ??
Dude stop trying to dish Pacioretty and Colberg. Next to Galchenyuk, Max is habs most important forward and Colberg is probably our best forward prospect. not happening. Josi is a nice piece but habs are loaded with D prospects.
bad trading partners.

Hugo Sham is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2013, 10:37 AM
Soundgarden

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
Dude stop trying to dish Pacioretty and Colberg. Next to Galchenyuk, Max is habs most important forward and Colberg is probably our best forward prospect. not happening. Josi is a nice piece but habs are loaded with D prospects.
bad trading partners.
You can say the same thing about Josi. Besides Weber he is our best defenseman, and is not a prospect.

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2013, 10:46 AM
Soundgarden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danadiens View Post
Haha every thread there is always someone to say: He's worth a whole lot to us. You will have to overpay to get him!

It's too funy.

HF is like a robot that keeps saying the same thing over and over.
It's almost as if young top pairing defensemen have some sort of value to his team.

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2013, 02:17 PM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundgarden View Post
You can say the same thing about Josi. Besides Weber he is our best defenseman, and is not a prospect.
perfect. close her up. no deal

Old
08-17-2013, 10:58 PM
PredsHabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
perfect. close her up. no deal
The original question was what would it take to get Josi. Not what can we give up and steal Josi away from you. It is like top pair defensemen are worth nothing.

Old
08-18-2013, 04:17 AM
Yeaoh

It would take serious overpayment. The Preds have him locked up at a very very sweet deal. Unless they can package him for a true #1C in his prime I have serious doubts Josi is going anywhere.

Besides, looking at the Habs depth chart I don't understand why they would want additional defenseman?

Yeaoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2013, 04:38 AM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Quote:
Originally Posted by stryfe604 View Post
Nothing that is available from Montreal.
Just curious, if everyone was available except Subban, because they're getting Josi to shore up the D and be Subban's partner, what would you want?

I don't think Josi's even available so I'd love to see what Nashville would want to gouge out of Montreal.

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2013, 06:17 AM
tony d
Is it though?

Tinordi, Plekanec and a 1st to Nashville for Josi and a 2nd.

08-18-2013, 09:55 AM
Viqsi
caution: bite hazard

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony d View Post
I don't think Tinordi wouldn't be ready quickly enough for this to work well. Plekanec's nice, but not that much of an upgrade. And it's still ultimately a deal that involves getting rid of Roman Josi, which damn near kills it right then and there.

Clever try, tho.

Congratulations to all Las Vegas area hockey fans, present and future!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2013, 12:19 PM
Dharvey33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
I don't think Tinordi wouldn't be ready quickly enough for this to work well. Plekanec's nice, but not that much of an upgrade. And it's still ultimately a deal that involves getting rid of Roman Josi, which damn near kills it right then and there.

Clever try, tho.
Hell no to this offer as a habs fan. Not even close.

Dharvey33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2013, 01:58 PM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony d View Post
Cowen, Zibanejad or Turris and a 1st to Nashville for Josi and a 2nd

Old
08-18-2013, 11:41 PM
PredsHabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
Just curious, if everyone was available except Subban, because they're getting Josi to shore up the D and be Subban's partner, what would you want?

I don't think Josi's even available so I'd love to see what Nashville would want to gouge out of Montreal.
I have already tried a couple of offers but since you asked how about this.

To Montreal: Josi,Spaling,Sissons,Beck,2014 2nd round draft pick

To Nashville: Pacioretty,Gorges,Collberg

Last edited by PredsHabs: 08-21-2013 at 02:22 AM.
Old
08-19-2013, 07:52 AM
triggrman

vCash: 557
nope

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote