HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Beginner - Need Skates for Wide Feet - Help Please!

Old
08-19-2013, 09:55 AM
OILW30

vCash: 500
Beginner - Need Skates for Wide Feet - Help Please!

I'm looking for a pair of skates for wide feet. I'm a beginner and I only want to spend around $200. Currently I'm trying the Bauer Nexus 400 skates in EE and I still find them too narrow. I'm wondering if the CCM RBZ 70s in EE might work better for me? It's the width at the ball of my foot and into the toe cap that I need.

I don't have access to a pro shop in my area, so I have to do this over the internet.

Thanks!

OILW30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2013, 10:02 AM
Hooah4

never tried the nexus on but I have terribly wide feet and Easton were one of the few skates I could get my foot into. Supremes in EE are just a bit too tight but I can suffer through it. Reebok in EE might help. I also haven't tried the new stealth series but they as well are supposed to run a bit wider.

Hooah4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2013, 10:08 AM
AIREAYE

Too narrow where?

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2013, 10:09 AM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Know this feel. I have a 4-5E foot width. and size 15. So hard to find skates, but Easton does a nice job, for me anyway

Silence Of The Plams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2013, 10:13 AM
OILW30

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIREAYE View Post
Too narrow where?
They're t0o narrow on the part of my foot right before my toes, i.e., the widest part the foot. And then my big toe rubs against the inside of the boot too sometimes.

Old
08-19-2013, 10:14 AM
OILW30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess What View Post
Know this feel. I have a 4-5E foot width. and size 15. So hard to find skates, but Easton does a nice job, for me anyway
I think I'm a 3- or 4E, in a size 9.5 or so. So Easton EE skates might work? Or do I need to custom order?

Thanks!

Old
08-19-2013, 10:16 AM
OILW30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooah4 View Post
never tried the nexus on but I have terribly wide feet and Easton were one of the few skates I could get my foot into. Supremes in EE are just a bit too tight but I can suffer through it. Reebok in EE might help. I also haven't tried the new stealth series but they as well are supposed to run a bit wider.
Nexus are wider than the Supremes. I couldn't wear Supremes. I might be able to suffer through with the Nexus skates, but I'm not sure. Just wondering if there's something else wider. Sounds like Easton might work. I thought the CCM RBZ 70 sounded promising, but I haven't tried them on.

Old
08-19-2013, 10:25 AM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:
Originally Posted by OILW30 View Post
I think I'm a 3- or 4E, in a size 9.5 or so. So Easton EE skates might work? Or do I need to custom order?

Thanks!
I usually have to end up going to actually order them unless by dumb luck I find a pair for my feet because I just have freakishly sized feet. Hell, I can't ever find normal shoes that fit my feet anywhere, and online it's hard as well. EE *should* work. I can't say much for that because of how wide mine are.

Silence Of The Plams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2013, 10:33 AM
OILW30

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagrsMullet View Post
You might have to get the EE's and have someone punch them out for you.
I was wondering about that. Does that really help?

The guy I ordered the Nexus pair from says a reebok 12K might work for me. Anyone have experience with those for wide feet?

Thanks for all the help guys.

Old
08-19-2013, 11:48 AM
AIREAYE

Try Reebok and CCM in E/EE. Read the skate guide too, those letters are just arbitrary.

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2013, 02:45 PM
jsykes

You'll just have to try some things on. I have very wide feet as well, however, Supremes work for me and Nexus do not, neither do RBK or Easton. The new RBZ series skates from CCM though are very wide.

Skates are different in their widths in different areas and it makes trying them on a necessity. You find Nexus wider than Supreme, I find it the opposite because obviously our feet are shaped differently.

Try them all on and see what works best for your foot.

jsykes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2013, 01:54 PM
r3cc0s

EE means 1/4" wider but with the same foot style

the only boots that fit me comfortably are:

RBK 8k/16k (wider than the 18/20)
Graf 709
Bauer Nexus

I need a boot thats wide everywhere

r3cc0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2013, 02:24 AM
kr580

Send a message via AIM to kr580
My feet flair out towards the toes and are widest just before the toes, where the first knuckles are. I also have a high instep so I needed skates that were deeper than the Flexlite/Nexus and Easton skates. I ended up with 7EE CCM U+12's that needed to be punched out further at the wide point of my feet. After a thorough punch-out they're golden.

Personally, when trying on skates I found the widths to be in this order, widest to most narrow: Nexus/Flexlite, Easton, CCM, Supreme, Reebok, Vapor. They didn't have the Grafs that would have fit me so I can't speak on any of those.

Good luck finding a solution.

Edit: Dang it, didn't notice the old date. Ah well, hopefully this helps someone in the future.

kr580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2013, 07:12 AM
MNWild9

I know your pain. Its hard to find good fitting skates for me. Reebok boots then to be a little wider then most. If your looking Bauer you will want to go with the Supreme line in a standard. If you go with a Vapor you will have to go with a EE as a D will be to narrow. Ccm's run almost like a Bauer Vapor boot. If its to narrow your local hockey store can punch out area's to make sure they fit better. Also baking your skates will help to. Your local hockey store will most of the time do it for free with a purchase of a pair of skates.

MNWild9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2013, 01:51 PM
jorbjorb
BROWN TOWN

bauers

jorbjorb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2013, 03:13 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

all of them feel too narrow before you get your knots. Then you embrace them, name them and they become family....

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2013, 11:44 PM
Bure All Day

I have 9D's and they're for a wide fit, not sure if this helps, Easton brand

Bure All Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2013, 02:30 AM
MikeModano9

I have some wide feet and suffered for a year with my grafs. Then I got them punched at Pro Hockey Life and it's been night and day difference. No pain at all. It was also free.

MikeModano9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2013, 11:00 AM
Devo1212

Quote:
Originally Posted by OILW30 View Post
I'm looking for a pair of skates for wide feet. I'm a beginner and I only want to spend around $200. Currently I'm trying the Bauer Nexus 400 skates in EE and I still find them too narrow. I'm wondering if the CCM RBZ 70s in EE might work better for me? It's the width at the ball of my foot and into the toe cap that I need.

I don't have access to a pro shop in my area, so I have to do this over the internet.

Thanks!
any skates would work those are pretty nice skates.

Devo1212 is offline   Reply With Quote