HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Montreal Impact Thread 18.0 - Champions League Edition

Closed Thread

Old
08-19-2013, 10:55 AM
JunglePete

vCash: 500
You guys miss my point, just forget it
and Im not a TFC fan.
Probably some days, you will realize what I was trying to say.

Old
08-19-2013, 10:56 AM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMLTH View Post
IMO Morgan is better than Brovsky offensively and def they both suck. Whos the most productive player RIGHT NOW if it aint Brovsky?
Eckersley is more complete and faster than Camara, versatile too. Yes we do have a Serie A goalscorer but that dont mean sh!-t anymore, he is too old and lazy. Forget about Justin Braun he is not even a regular. Koevermans and Earnshaw are a better duo than Di Vaio - Paponi/Wenger. Did u see Koevermans goal ratio ? :O and they add Urruti. Their forwards> Our forwards. Thats like saying Atletico’s offense is better than Chelsea’s. I give you the point for our CD. I wasnt comparing seats just to clarify.
Camara can play CM/CDM/CB/RB & Probably even LB. Can Eckersley play the whole pitch or what? I'd also argue that Camara>>>Eckersley technically and offensively. When Hassoun decides to make his trademark darting run down the line, hes basically unstoppable. Not to mention, he rarely delivers bad crosses.

Earnshaw started off hot, but he won't continue. I'd take MDV over him anyday. And where has Koevermans been the last 2 years? I've seen Tyson ****ing Wahl play more often than him Hard to disagree with the Urruti part though, that one is a very solid signing.

Old
08-19-2013, 10:58 AM
The Nightman

Quote:
You guys miss my point, just forget it
and Im not a TFC fan.
Your lack of knowledge for the sport amuses me.

Old
08-19-2013, 11:04 AM
JunglePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABbiest View Post
Your lack of knowledge for the sport amuses me.
Lack of knowledge? You will be surprised in how large my knowledge is, I probably know more than you. I said TFC have a better squad with more depth than us and you conclude that I said they were better

Old
08-19-2013, 11:07 AM
NelloMello

TFC in a nutshell have been poorly managed from the get go.

Old
08-19-2013, 11:10 AM
JunglePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post
Camara can play CM/CDM/CB/RB & Probably even LB. Can Eckersley play the whole pitch or what? I'd also argue that Camara>>>Eckersley technically and offensively. When Hassoun decides to make his trademark darting run down the line, hes basically unstoppable. Not to mention, he rarely delivers bad crosses.

Earnshaw started off hot, but he won't continue. I'd take MDV over him anyday. And where has Koevermans been the last 2 years? I've seen Tyson ****ing Wahl play more often than him Hard to disagree with the Urruti part though, that one is a very solid signing.
Camara sucks as CB its not about how many position you can play but how you play them and yea Eckersley can play LB/CB/RB perfectly. Do you realize how much you all rely on MDV ? A 37 year old striker? Thats like if Milan relied on Inzaghi 3 years ago. If he is injured then offense is done. And Yes I know Koevermans is always injured but when healthy he is a beast and now they sign Maximiliano Urruti.

EDIT : We are the only team to rely on one old striker

Last edited by JunglePete: 08-19-2013 at 11:16 AM.
Old
08-19-2013, 11:39 AM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

Quote:
Camara sucks as CB its not about how many position you can play but how you play them and yea Eckersley can play LB/CB/RB perfectly. Do you realize how much you all rely on MDV ? A 37 year old striker? Thats like if Milan relied on Inzaghi 3 years ago. If he is injured then offense is done. And Yes I know Koevermans is always injured but when healthy he is a beast and now they sign Maximiliano Urruti.

Fully aware of that. Also comparing Serie A & MLS isn't really the best of ideas. Udinesse rely on Antonio Di Natale and the last time I checked, they were doing pretty well. Yes they do have Luis Muriel, but Di Natale is their main guy.

And Camara can play CB very well. Hes amazing in the air. The only downside to him is that he loves bursting up offensively like David Luiz or Thomas Vermaelen, but at CB, I'd take Camara>Eckersley every day of the week.

Old
08-19-2013, 11:46 AM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

It's funny to say that we don't give a **** about MDV because he's old. He's one of the leading goalscorers of the league but no, that doesn't matter. What really matter is how potentially good a team can be.

Well I got news for you. Every year, TFC is potentially good and every year, they suck.

Also, Camara doesn't suck at CB. He had one bad game there after having played all the other games as a lateral D.

IMFC might not be as good at they look in the standings but we're still better than TFC and there's hardware to show it.

Old
08-19-2013, 12:03 PM
JunglePete

Quote:
Fully aware of that. Also comparing Serie A & MLS isn't really the best of ideas. Udinesse rely on Antonio Di Natale and the last time I checked, they were doing pretty well. Yes they do have Luis Muriel, but Di Natale is their main guy.

And Camara can play CB very well. Hes amazing in the air. The only downside to him is that he loves bursting up offensively like David Luiz or Thomas Vermaelen, but at CB, I'd take Camara>Eckersley every day of the week.
Lol are u kidding every team has their man guy and Muriel FYI was in the top 20 goalscorers in Serie A. They year before they played to play with like 6 midfielders lol, Di Natale is also a late-bloomer and the year before Sanchez was their CF with Inler & Asamoah in midfield 2 great playmakers so thats not really a problem.

And plz Camara is a very average CB.

Old
08-19-2013, 12:21 PM
JunglePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitaine Gionta View Post
It's funny to say that we don't give a **** about MDV because he's old. He's one of the leading goalscorers of the league but no, that doesn't matter. What really matter is how potentially good a team can be.

Well I got news for you. Every year, TFC is potentially good and every year, they suck.

Also, Camara doesn't suck at CB. He had one bad game there after having played all the other games as a lateral D.

IMFC might not be as good at they look in the standings but we're still better than TFC and there's hardware to show it.
Yes he is one the best CFs in the league no doubt but the problem is he has no support and if you want to win, one striker cant always make the diff. Stop denying it, You know it damn well Open your eyes and agree. A 37 year-old striker just cant play 90 minutes, Its impossible he can get injured very easily and what happens next ? We play Romero top striker? Our Goal Difference is +1, that is embarrassing.

And for the TFC, despite their constant weak performances, they have a squad for a 3-game weak.

Old
08-19-2013, 12:32 PM
Benzaza

Hi IMFC Fans!!! I really enjoy the conversation you guys/gals have here.

Your usual Mount Royal Soccer fodder :-)

Di Vaio's Brace Gives Important 3 points for the Impact over DC United
http://www.mountroyalsoccer.com/2013...tory-dc-united

Marco Di Vaio's 2-Goal Performance is more than just scoring goals
http://www.mountroyalsoccer.com/2013...-scoring-goals

Intense Week awaits the Montreal Impact: Practice, Guatemala City and the Houston Dynamo
http://www.mountroyalsoccer.com/2013...emala-city-and

Old
08-19-2013, 12:42 PM
PyrettaBlaze

Di Vaio, Bernier, and Nesta not making the trip to Guatemala according to Patrick Friolet. Not bad imo. We can still dress a pretty decent squad.

Old
08-19-2013, 02:08 PM
gelu88

Lol:

Mesures de sécurité spéciale pour le voyage au Guatemala. L'Impact a embauché une firme de sécurité et son propre chef cuisinier #imfc

Old
08-19-2013, 02:22 PM
Woland

Quote:

Thierry Henry says hello

Old
08-19-2013, 02:28 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gelu88 View Post
Lol:

Mesures de sécurité spéciale pour le voyage au Guatemala. L'Impact a embauché une firme de sécurité et son propre chef cuisinier #imfc
The team wants to avoid diarrhea.

Old
08-19-2013, 02:35 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Does no Nesta mean Piscu time?

Old
08-19-2013, 02:40 PM
JordanStaal#1Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markowicz View Post
Does no Nesta mean Piscu time?
Hopefully. Can't wait to see him in action - even though it won't be Wednesday cause I can't watch the game

Old
08-19-2013, 02:53 PM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woland View Post
Thierry Henry says hello
In fairness though, they have Fabian Espindola, and I personally would have NO problem having Espindola as our main guy.

Since this isn't under MLS' regulations, looks like Joey Saputo is trying to make the trip an enjoyable one for the players so that they are in Top shape for Game time..

Old
08-19-2013, 02:57 PM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

Quote:
In fairness though, they have Fabian Espindola, and I personally would have NO problem having Espindola as our main guy.

Since this isn't under MLS' regulations, looks like Joey Saputo is trying to make the trip an enjoyable one for the players so that they are in Top shape for Game time..

Actually, MLS teams are allowed by MLS to use charters for their CCL games.

Old
08-19-2013, 03:04 PM
NewBlood

I don't know if this has been discussed before but the team's official webpage states that the game will be played in Guatemala City rather than in San Jose. This might be a positive thing for the Impact since GC is a 4-hour drive from San Jose and I doubt that a lot of fans will have the means to make the trip. It also says that the stadium in GC has been using turf for a few years now.

Old
08-19-2013, 03:14 PM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitaine Gionta View Post
Actually, MLS teams are allowed by MLS to use charters for their CCL games.
But doesn't the MLS pay for "X" amount of charter flights in the Regular season? So since this is the CCL, ofc they are allowed, but isn't it paid out of Joey's pockets?

Old
08-19-2013, 03:16 PM
Habsolument

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt View Post
You've gotta be trolling.

Did YOU see Koevermans, period?! The guy is never healthy. Earnshaw hit the ground running and is a solid player but he's been slumping with his 6 goals. MDV is miles ahead of Earnshaw in scoring, accuracy and chance creating. Caldwell is on Ferrari's level but that's it. Brockie, Osorio and ODea are decent but seriously. Bekker and Morgan may get better in the future but we've got futures too. We're better now and for the foreseeable future.
The man so good he was released by TFC?

That organization is possibly the worst in NA. They have already dropped half the guys they brought in at the start of the year. Remember Ephraim, Califf, O'Dea, Bostock? Long gone. Dunfield and Emory were dropped as well.

And PMLTH must be joking about Morgan being better than Brovsky. I also have to wonder about how anyone could value Eckersley that highly. Both of these guys are mediocre. Pimp guys who have played in England in the lower leagues or sparsely in the EPL yet downgrade guys who have played in Italy and Spain. Talk about some awesome logic.

PMLTH, if you want to say that TFC has plenty of very young players and that they have potential, sure, go right ahead. That's a more defendable opinion. Saying that they're better than us on paper is rubbish, absolute rubbish. We have 18 more points than them. It didn't happen by accident.

Old
08-19-2013, 05:49 PM
Riverside Habs Fan

Send a message via AIM to Riverside Habs Fan Send a message via MSN to Riverside Habs Fan
Welcome to troll city.

Old
08-19-2013, 05:50 PM
Riverside Habs Fan

Send a message via AIM to Riverside Habs Fan Send a message via MSN to Riverside Habs Fan
Quote:
Lol:

Maybe brought the chef from La belle Province. Make a couple Guatemalan poutines.

Old
08-19-2013, 06:22 PM
Garo

Quote:
Lol:

Third DP?

Closed Thread