HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

How many goals will Rick Nash score?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-19-2013, 05:59 PM
  #76
Drewbackatu*
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 3,048
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dactyl View Post
Drew, do you think Couture is a #1 center?
Couture is a much better player than Stepan is at this point in their careers. Is he a #1C? 6 of one, 1/2 dozen of the other when it comes to chosing between Thornton or Couture, both who are a lot better than any of our centers!

Drewbackatu* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2013, 06:02 PM
  #77
JeffMangum
~anger~
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 58,071
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbackatu View Post
Quit changing my words around dude; all I stated was that Stepan would be the #3C on the Bruins behind both Bergeron and Krejci.
Not changing your words around. That's what you were claiming, nay, insisting, when Stepan went through his little statisticsal rough patch early on during the season. I remember it. Don't pretend like you didn't make that claim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbackatu
If in your divine madness you think he would play ahead of those 2 guys, you need to take up another sport to follow!
You seriously think that's what I was referring to? How is that possible when your post about Boston was AFTER mine? I didn't know you could time travel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbackatu
I only deal with reality and the reality is that Stepan is a #2C at best!
Based on what? Your often misguided opinion? Reality: Stepan had 44 points in 48 games last season. Reality: Stepan was the team's best defensive forward by a mile last season. Reality: Stepan was the team's best penalty killer by a mile last season. Reality: he has linearly improved each year he has been in the league.

You don't deal in reality. You deal in overly negative and baseless claims that are often proven silly over time.

__________________
Soon.
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2013, 06:04 PM
  #78
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 18,382
vCash: 476
Let's be reality guys

Silence Of The Plams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2013, 06:05 PM
  #79
Drewbackatu*
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 3,048
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dactyl View Post
because all teams have #2 centers who are top 15 in scoring while being defensively responsible
Stop placing all your marbles into a 48 game, strike abbreviated season in which your legit #1C came into the season woefully out of shape and had a horrendous giving Stepan the #1C by default!

However, if Stepan produces as the de facto #1C this year over 82 game schedule, then I'll eat my words and have a change of heart!
August can't end soon enough for me! Enjoy the rest of the summer!

Drewbackatu* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2013, 06:08 PM
  #80
Dactyl
💙NASH💙
 
Dactyl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,477
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess What View Post
Let's be reality guys
killjoy

Dactyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2013, 06:14 PM
  #81
Drewbackatu*
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 3,048
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB v2 0 View Post
Not changing your words around. That's what you were claiming, nay, insisting, when Stepan went through his little statisticsal rough patch early on during the season. I remember it. Don't pretend like you didn't make that claim.


You seriously think that's what I was referring to? How is that possible when your post about Boston was AFTER mine? I didn't know you could time travel.



Based on what? Your often misguided opinion? Reality: Stepan had 44 points in 48 games last season. Reality: Stepan was the team's best defensive forward by a mile last season. Reality: Stepan was the team's best penalty killer by a mile last season. Reality: he has linearly improved each year he has been in the league.

You don't deal in reality. You deal in overly negative and baseless claims that are often proven silly over time.
I'll repeat myself so even you understand it; Stepan is a #2C at best right now; being our de facto #1C because Richards was horrible last year doesn't make Stepan a legit #1C in a league which is populated by terrific #1 centers who are all bigger(for the most part), faster, more skilled, much stronger and way better on faceoffs.

You seriously think that's what I was referring to? How is that possible when your post about Boston was AFTER mine? I didn't know you could time travel.

Drewbackatu* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2013, 06:17 PM
  #82
JeffMangum
~anger~
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 58,071
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbackatu View Post
I'll repeat myself so even you understand it; Stepan is a #2C at best right now; being our de facto #1C because Richards was horrible last year doesn't make Stepan a legit #1C in a league which is populated by terrific #1 centers who are all bigger(for the most part), faster, more skilled, much stronger and way better on faceoffs.
"Even me"? Haha. You're the one that needs to understand, bro. You're putting no concrete argument out there. Your argument is "I'm saying Stepan isn't a 1C, so he isn't a 1C".

You realize I just presented four facts that further prove that Stepan is a 1C or is developing into a very good one, while you're rambling away about nothing?

JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2013, 06:35 PM
  #83
Raspewtin
Early To The Party
 
Raspewtin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Howard Beach, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 12,367
vCash: 243
for ****s sake this argument again.

Raspewtin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2013, 06:50 PM
  #84
NickyFotiu
Registered User
 
NickyFotiu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,678
vCash: 500
He is not scoring 60
He is not scoring 50

He is a very good player but very few guys in todays NHL are locks to score 40. Nash will be in the 30-40 range and that is pretty darn good.

NickyFotiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2013, 06:52 PM
  #85
Bullseyes
Registered User
 
Bullseyes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 3,614
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbackatu View Post
Couture is a much better player than Stepan is at this point in their careers. Is he a #1C? 6 of one, 1/2 dozen of the other when it comes to chosing between Thornton or Couture, both who are a lot better than any of our centers!
I wouldn't say Couture is a much better player than Stepan. I think it's very close.

Stepan isn't that proven as a #1 center. But he did play like one last season. We'll see how he plays and develops this season, but if he plays like he did last season, he's absolutely a #1 center.

Bullseyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2013, 07:03 PM
  #86
Thirty One
portnor, pls
 
Thirty One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,686
vCash: 420
Stepan's skating ability.

Discuss.

__________________


Rangers Unlimited
Hockey Graphs
Thirty One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2013, 07:17 PM
  #87
Machinehead
Moderator
Hank, pls
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York New York
Country: United States
Posts: 37,156
vCash: 500
Somewhere between 35 and 42 like he's always had.

__________________
Machinehead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2013, 07:28 PM
  #88
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,744
vCash: 500
40 goals, 34 assists. 74 points

Lundsanity30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2013, 07:49 PM
  #89
ThisYearsModel
Registered User
 
ThisYearsModel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Country: United States
Posts: 7,050
vCash: 500
25-28

ThisYearsModel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2013, 07:50 PM
  #90
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 18,382
vCash: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Somewhere between 35 and 42 like he's always had.
Too logical.

Silence Of The Plams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2013, 08:32 PM
  #91
JohnC
#FreeSteve
 
JohnC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 4,792
vCash: 500
If a player is a 1C on a team but isn't a 1C, is he imaginary?

JohnC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2013, 08:47 PM
  #92
Drewbackatu*
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 3,048
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseyes View Post
I wouldn't say Couture is a much better player than Stepan. I think it's very close.

Stepan isn't that proven as a #1 center. But he did play like one last season. We'll see how he plays and develops this season, but if he plays like he did last season, he's absolutely a #1 center.
Now that's a sensible post, one which I agree with!

Drewbackatu* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2013, 08:50 PM
  #93
Drewbackatu*
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 3,048
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnC View Post
If a player is a 1C on a team but isn't a 1C, is he imaginary?
We're talking "legit" 1C.

Drewbackatu* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2013, 08:56 PM
  #94
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 18,382
vCash: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnC View Post
If a player is a 1C on a team but isn't a 1C, is he imaginary?
That's "i" not c

Silence Of The Plams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2013, 10:19 PM
  #95
Dactyl
💙NASH💙
 
Dactyl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,477
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnC View Post
If a player is a 1C on a team but isn't a 1C, is he imaginary?
If a goal is scored at Prudential Center but no one is there to see it, did it really happen?



I kid devils fans i kid

Dactyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2013, 10:37 PM
  #96
Ail
k.
 
Ail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mysidia
Country: United States
Posts: 18,128
vCash: 500
A dillion.

__________________

rip
Ail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2013, 10:37 PM
  #97
Nac Mac Feegle
wee & free
 
Nac Mac Feegle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,345
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Viper View Post
42 is my guess
Only if he carries a towel.

Nac Mac Feegle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2013, 11:12 PM
  #98
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke
 
Barbara Underhill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montana
Country: United States
Posts: 13,204
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN88 View Post
What?! Ehm nono and no to the nuclear explosion, whereever that came from.

Let's have a look at stats here. Nash is 29 ... which isn't very far from 30. He hasn't scored 40 in 4 seasons now, plus his point totals dropping constantly, not much, but they do. Which all in all is a decline by his standards.

All I am saying is, if doesn't bring it to the table this year, we can wait a long time for it. Gaborik is a non-issue here.
Which doesn't matter when you look at the games played column as well, his points per game has only dropped 3 times from 1 PPG in '05-'06 to .76 PPG in '06-'07 and 1.01 '08-'09 to .88 in '09-'10, and of course his final season in CBJ. In fact '10-'11 and '11-'12 are the only two years it's ever dropped consecutively and the assumption there is that he was completely unmotivated in CBJ. Last season was his 3rd highest in terms of PPG in a new city, and new system where he was still relied on to be the go to guy because the other two guys that were supposed to be part of a triple threat didn't show up.

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2013, 08:04 PM
  #99
NYRFANMANI
beyond good and evil
 
NYRFANMANI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Ye Old Saarbrücken
Country: Germany
Posts: 5,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
Last season was his 3rd highest in terms of PPG in a new city, and new system where he was still relied on to be the go to guy because the other two guys that were supposed to be part of a triple threat didn't show up.
It was also his first season in a new city (NHL intern), so I don't see why you bring that part up. We'll have to wait and see. Since I believed that the triple threat blew a tire, was because of the egos. Now it basically one threat, Nash.

He should definitely be more motivated playing in front of this Team and Hank. At the same time less blocking shots, more time to position and dangle ... yeah ... I want 40, what we are about to see might be different.

NYRFANMANI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2013, 08:24 PM
  #100
JohnC
#FreeSteve
 
JohnC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 4,792
vCash: 500
Dammit to hell...I slept through Nash's prime

JohnC is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:27 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.