HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers Games at Yankee Stadium (1/26 at Devils; 1/29 at Islanders)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-18-2013, 07:45 PM
  #326
DevilChuk*
(not that -chuk)
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 7,879
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by abev View Post
Why are they (the Devils) making it so difficult to sell the tickets? I can give them the benefit of the doubt : maybe its an NHL policy?



I wonder if the Devils have a investigative division to determine if the additional tickets are for Devils fans?
I'd bet they are using this opportunity to grow their contact lists.

You put down tickets for your friend and now they know to contact your friend with other offers/in the future for Devils STH.

Just like the playoffs, this is another great (and even more unique) opportunity for teams to grow their STH and ticket base... can't blame them for taking such measures.

DevilChuk* is offline  
Old
08-18-2013, 08:08 PM
  #327
trueblue9441
Registered User
 
trueblue9441's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bronx, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,414
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilChuk View Post
I'd bet they are using this opportunity to grow their contact lists.

You put down tickets for your friend and now they know to contact your friend with other offers/in the future for Devils STH.

Just like the playoffs, this is another great (and even more unique) opportunity for teams to grow their STH and ticket base... can't blame them for taking such measures.
thats a very good point

trueblue9441 is online now  
Old
08-18-2013, 08:45 PM
  #328
DevilChuk*
(not that -chuk)
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 7,879
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue9441 View Post
thats a very good point
Didn't read through the thread that much but I'm sure you guys saw the prices the Devils STH got (and since the NHL sets the prices, I'd assume the Rangers STH would get the same offer)... what do y'all think?

Seems pretty spot on to me based on what I expected.

I went to the WC last year (tickets off secondary market) and loved it despite hoping a gorge would open up in the middle of CBP and consume both teams. Such a cool atmosphere.

Paid a pretty penny for those tickets too.. I sat in some club section that had an indoor section to warm up, which was nice. Thinking of going for the yellows this year (217ish).. though those $350 blues are really a damn good deal. Ones behind home plate at least.

Dunno if there are any club sections as I've never been to the new Yankee Stadium.

DevilChuk* is offline  
Old
08-19-2013, 07:07 AM
  #329
patnyrnyg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 4,650
vCash: 500
The prices are about what I expected, maybe even a little less. This is a cash-grab for the league and they are going to try to get every dollar. By setting the prices this high, they are taking away a lot of the potential profit for those who would buy only to re-sell. Take away their profit, and they aren't interested in the product.

patnyrnyg is offline  
Old
08-19-2013, 08:28 AM
  #330
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015
 
GordonGecko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 3,765
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by patnyrnyg View Post
The prices are about what I expected, maybe even a little less. This is a cash-grab for the league and they are going to try to get every dollar. By setting the prices this high, they are taking away a lot of the potential profit for those who would buy only to re-sell. Take away their profit, and they aren't interested in the product.
Except that it's super bowl week and the average face value of those tickets has got to be over $1500 never mind what they actually pay ($3000+ ??). People are going to be in town with suitcases full of money looking to have a good time

GordonGecko is offline  
Old
08-19-2013, 08:48 AM
  #331
trueblue9441
Registered User
 
trueblue9441's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bronx, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,414
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilChuk View Post
Didn't read through the thread that much but I'm sure you guys saw the prices the Devils STH got (and since the NHL sets the prices, I'd assume the Rangers STH would get the same offer)... what do y'all think?

Seems pretty spot on to me based on what I expected.

I went to the WC last year (tickets off secondary market) and loved it despite hoping a gorge would open up in the middle of CBP and consume both teams. Such a cool atmosphere.

Paid a pretty penny for those tickets too.. I sat in some club section that had an indoor section to warm up, which was nice. Thinking of going for the yellows this year (217ish).. though those $350 blues are really a damn good deal. Ones behind home plate at least.

Dunno if there are any club sections as I've never been to the new Yankee Stadium.
i think our prices might be a tad cheaper since we have 2 games.

delta club is behind home plate in light blue, audi club in left field is completely inclosed (in light blue also) and the mohegan sun sports bar (in light blue) in center field also inclosed (worst seats out of these three options) also, the 300 sections in yellow are part of the jim beam suites for yankee games, not sure if the lounge will be open for the stadium series.


out of all 4 options, id pick the delta club or the 300 level seats

trueblue9441 is online now  
Old
08-19-2013, 08:50 AM
  #332
ThePSEGPowerPoster
LOSER POINTS!
 
ThePSEGPowerPoster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 9,573
vCash: 50
Just to give you guys some info. It's been confirmed that the Devils do get more tickets than the Rangers by a (now friend) of mine who is a Devils rep. He said that the additional tickets will be treated just like any other "additional" seats for regular season games.

Meaning, no special verification. You just buy the additional tickets. We all get "buying windows" to get the additional seats our deadline is the 31st, I think.

ThePSEGPowerPoster is offline  
Old
08-19-2013, 08:52 AM
  #333
superyan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 84
vCash: 500
I reread the email that the Devils sent and yes, it seems that they want your 'friend's' info to grow a list.

Reselling them is still going to be easy, but they will only be mailed out as hard tickets like the Winter Classic last year. No e-tickets for this thing.

superyan is offline  
Old
08-19-2013, 08:59 AM
  #334
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015
 
GordonGecko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 3,765
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePSEGPowerPoster View Post
We all get "buying windows" to get the additional seats our deadline is the 31st, I think.
Sounds like seniority based opportunities. Did they tell you how the primary allocation is going to take place? I don't remember exactly but I think for the Winter Classic we had to choose a 1st 2nd & 3rd choice for seating category and they gave you whatever they wanted

GordonGecko is offline  
Old
08-19-2013, 09:04 AM
  #335
patnyrnyg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 4,650
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
Except that it's super bowl week and the average face value of those tickets has got to be over $1500 never mind what they actually pay ($3000+ ??). People are going to be in town with suitcases full of money looking to have a good time
Face on Super Bowl XLVI were 800, 900, 1000. Secondary depends on the teams playing. Unless the Giants or Jets are in, you will be able to get tickets for A LOT less than 3000 if you know how to buy. Most tickets for the Super Bowl are actually comped by the NFL. They give to companies that spend a lot of advertising on the NFL, who in turn give to their employees, vendors, customers. Most regular people would rather just get some cash in their pocket. My cousin's husband went every year from 92 (first D*ll*s-Buffalo game) until around 2004. Only once was he unable to find a ticket for face or under. Giants-Ravens. That year, NFL gave out so many comps, they actually went back to the scalpers to buy them up. Drove prices up that week. I was down there with a friend who knew the VP of NFL Properties. Was the only year he couldn't hook up my friend. SB tickets are the ultimate game of chicken. Once the 2nd championship game is over, a price will be set on stubhub. Then, for the next 2 weeks, the cheapest available will drop by about $5 every half-hour or so until the day of the game. Then, they start to drop fast,get bought up, go up again, then drop again. By half-hour, hour before, you can get for face or less.

patnyrnyg is offline  
Old
08-19-2013, 09:07 AM
  #336
ThePSEGPowerPoster
LOSER POINTS!
 
ThePSEGPowerPoster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 9,573
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by superyan View Post
I reread the email that the Devils sent and yes, it seems that they want your 'friend's' info to grow a list.

Reselling them is still going to be easy, but they will only be mailed out as hard tickets like the Winter Classic last year. No e-tickets for this thing.
From what I was told the tickets will be made available to me through normal means. We have an e-portal, as I'm sure you do, which allows us to pay and get e-tickets. I was told the process will be the same as for the regular season.

You do not need to disclose your "friend's" info to grow any list. It's just if you want additional seats. No explanation, just pay and you get additional tickets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
Sounds like seniority based opportunities. Did they tell you how the primary allocation is going to take place? I don't remember exactly but I think for the Winter Classic we had to choose a 1st 2nd & 3rd choice for seating category and they gave you whatever they wanted
I'm not sure if it's seniority or random. It's a free for all. During your window you have access to any section you want. As long as your debit card is good, the seats are yours.

ThePSEGPowerPoster is offline  
Old
08-19-2013, 09:10 AM
  #337
patnyrnyg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 4,650
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by superyan View Post
I reread the email that the Devils sent and yes, it seems that they want your 'friend's' info to grow a list.

Reselling them is still going to be easy, but they will only be mailed out as hard tickets like the Winter Classic last year. No e-tickets for this thing.
I understand why they want to add to their friends list. I just question if it really helps them at all. The person who doesnt go to games, but wants to go to this game is only interested in the big event, not a game against Calgary on a Tuesday night in January. Just like my sisters co-worker who wanted to buy my tickets to Leetch's retirement night and was willing to pay double face. When I told her to add a zero to the back of the number she was surprised. I told her I had some other games available that season, but she couldn't be bothered.

patnyrnyg is offline  
Old
08-19-2013, 09:12 AM
  #338
patnyrnyg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 4,650
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePSEGPowerPoster View Post
From what I was told the tickets will be made available to me through normal means. We have an e-portal, as I'm sure you do, which allows us to pay and get e-tickets. I was told the process will be the same as for the regular season.

You do not need to disclose your "friend's" info to grow any list. It's just if you want additional seats. No explanation, just pay and you get additional tickets.



I'm not sure if it's seniority or random. It's a free for all. During your window you have access to any section you want. As long as your debit card is good, the seats are yours.
The windows are probably seniority based. Anyone who has had seasons since 82, is likely the first people with access. Someone who bought seasons yesterday, probably gets on last.

patnyrnyg is offline  
Old
08-19-2013, 09:13 AM
  #339
ThePSEGPowerPoster
LOSER POINTS!
 
ThePSEGPowerPoster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 9,573
vCash: 50
Also just to note I'm aware that there's a sentence in there about "contact lists" but you can just say "I want 2 more for my family" and be done with it. It's not obligatory.

ThePSEGPowerPoster is offline  
Old
08-19-2013, 09:15 AM
  #340
ThePSEGPowerPoster
LOSER POINTS!
 
ThePSEGPowerPoster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 9,573
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by patnyrnyg View Post
The windows are probably seniority based. Anyone who has had seasons since 82, is likely the first people with access. Someone who bought seasons yesterday, probably gets on last.
True. Figure we have approx 12k STH and maybe 18-19k tickets to the Devils, it's going to be close. So you're right they are likely doing it seniority based.

ThePSEGPowerPoster is offline  
Old
08-19-2013, 05:27 PM
  #341
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015
 
GordonGecko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 3,765
vCash: 50


August 19, 2013

Account Number: XXXXXX

Season Ticket Holder,

We are excited to offer you the opportunity to purchase tickets to the 2014 Coors Light NHL
Stadium Series™ at Yankee Stadium in January! The New York Rangers® will face the New Jersey
Devils® on Sunday, January 26, 2014, at 12:30 p.m., and go up against the New York Islanders®
on Wednesday, January 29, 2014, at 7:30 p.m. Both games will be "away", therefore these games
are in addition to your regular season home game subscription, and this first opportunity to purchase
them is being offered as a bonus to Season Subscribers.

Accordingly, we want to share some important information related to the purchasing of tickets to
these games:
  • Tickets will be available for purchase as a two-game plan, including both the Devils
    and Islanders games, with the same seating locations for each. Please note that tickets are
    limited at each of the various price points.
  • At this time, in order to accommodate all Season Subscribers, we are able to offer you the
    opportunity to purchase the same number of seats as your current subscription. We cannot
    fulfill requests for additional seats.
  • Every two-game ticket plan purchased includes an exclusive Rangers Fan Pack consisting of
    Official 2014 Coors Light NHL Stadium Series™/Reebok team-branded knit hat and scarf to show
    your Blueshirt pride at the games. These commemorative items have been secured especially for
    our Blueshirt Faithful, and are being included at a special price of $25 total per plan (retail value $60).
  • Additionally, Season Subscribers who purchase their tickets with their Chase credit or debit card
    will receive an exclusive commemorative Rangers pin.

Listed below is the specific date and time that you will have access to purchase tickets via your
2014 Coors Light NHL Stadium Series™ AccountManager.

While all 13-14 Season Subscribers will have access to purchase tickets, priority to purchase will
be based on current seating levels and tenure to allow equivalent access.
Your Login Access begins on: Wednesday, 8/28/2013 at X:XX AM.

You will have access for a one-time purchase beginning on your date and time listed above through
Friday, September 6th at 6:00 p.m. to complete your purchase; after which Season Subscriber
seats will be released.

To log in to the 2014 Coors Light NHL Stadium Series™ AccountManager, and enter
your current Rangers Account ID and password. Your Account ID and password are the same as
your My Rangers Account Manager. Please utilize the Forgot your Password? feature, if necessary.

During the online process, you will have an opportunity to indicate your interest in purchasing
additional seats. You will receive separate information related to that process at a later time, if seats
become available.

To view a seating chart please click here.

Should you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at
212-631-0000 or nyr.rep@msg.com.

We are excited for the opportunity to compete against our local rivals at Yankee Stadium.

We look forward to seeing you there. Let's Go Rangers!

Sincerely,
Rangers Representative
Your NY Rangers Dedicated Experience Manager


Last edited by GordonGecko: 08-19-2013 at 05:40 PM.
GordonGecko is offline  
Old
08-19-2013, 05:32 PM
  #342
trueblue9441
Registered User
 
trueblue9441's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bronx, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,414
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
We are excited to offer you the opportunity to purchase tickets to the 2014 Coors Light NHL Stadium Series™ at Yankee Stadium in January! The New York Rangers® will face the New Jersey Devils® on Sunday, January 26, 2014, at 12:30 p.m., and go up against the New York Islanders® on Wednesday, January 29, 2014, at 7:30 p.m. Both games will be "away", therefore these games are in addition to your regular season home game subscription, and this first opportunity to purchase them is being offered as a bonus to Season Subscribers.
can only buy 2 game packages and no additional seats.

prices are the same for us as they are for the islanders and devils STH

trueblue9441 is online now  
Old
08-19-2013, 05:33 PM
  #343
trueblue9441
Registered User
 
trueblue9441's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bronx, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,414
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
any STH that won't be buying their stadium series tickets, please let me know.

trueblue9441 is online now  
Old
08-19-2013, 05:33 PM
  #344
patnyrnyg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 4,650
vCash: 500
Your Login Access begins on: Thursday, 8/29/2013 at 11:00 AM.

patnyrnyg is offline  
Old
08-19-2013, 05:36 PM
  #345
trueblue9441
Registered User
 
trueblue9441's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bronx, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,414
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
Quote:
Originally Posted by patnyrnyg View Post
Your Login Access begins on: Thursday, 8/29/2013 at 11:00 AM.
im at 1. definitely going by tenure.

trueblue9441 is online now  
Old
08-19-2013, 05:37 PM
  #346
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck
 
NYRFAN218's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 11,948
vCash: 500
Quote:
At this time, in order to accommodate all Season Subscribers, we are able to offer you the
opportunity to purchase the same number of seats as your current subscription. We cannot
fulfill requests for additional seats.
Interesting the way that's worded. I guess they're going to offer all the STH tickets and then offer up extras if they have any left over after.

__________________
http://hfboards.com/image.php?u=53946&type=sigpic&dateline=1320361610
NYRFAN218 is offline  
Old
08-19-2013, 05:39 PM
  #347
patnyrnyg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 4,650
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue9441 View Post
im at 1. definitely going by tenure.
I only get a 2 hour lead on you? I have had my seats since 98. When did you start?

patnyrnyg is offline  
Old
08-19-2013, 05:45 PM
  #348
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,647
vCash: 500
anyone have a pricing chart yet?

broadwayblue is offline  
Old
08-19-2013, 05:45 PM
  #349
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015
 
GordonGecko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 3,765
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by patnyrnyg View Post
I only get a 2 hour lead on you? I have had my seats since 98. When did you start?
are you looking at just the time or the day also?

GordonGecko is offline  
Old
08-19-2013, 05:46 PM
  #350
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015
 
GordonGecko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 3,765
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
anyone have a pricing chart yet?
posted a few days ago:

GordonGecko is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:56 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.