HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

MLB Discussion Thread, Part II: Yanks pay Ellsbury

Closed Thread

Old
08-19-2013, 12:30 AM
17futurecap

vCash: 500
I love when Girardi gets ejected, he almost drilled the ump, ha.

Old
08-19-2013, 12:37 AM
Fire Sather
new Niclas Wallin?

Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
I love heel A-Rod.

Old
08-19-2013, 12:43 AM
17futurecap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather View Post
I love heel A-Rod.
It's hilarious that he is absolutely killing the ball,he is hitting 319 with a 407 obp. Trolling at its finest.

Old
08-19-2013, 02:48 AM
darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
Yankees have tons of prospects they are just a few years away. How far are they away? That should decide whether or not the Yankees want to sign Cano to a big deal if they r going to refuse to spend money? Sanchez, Murphy, Williams, Heathcott, Austin, Campos, Ramirez, Clarkin, Jaigelo, Judge. Obviously all wont pan out, but they are legit prospects

Greg Bird belongs on this list.

Old
08-19-2013, 02:50 AM
darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17futurecap View Post
It's hilarious that he is absolutely killing the ball,he is hitting 319 with a 407 obp. Trolling at its finest.

Good.

Hope he rakes.

Old
08-19-2013, 11:01 AM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by darko View Post
Good.

Hope he rakes.
I hope people keep throwing at and hitting him.

Old
08-19-2013, 12:39 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
because that happened to Bonds, McGwire, Sosa, Manny, etc?

Old
08-19-2013, 12:45 PM
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

I love how Derek Jeter is the most arrogant A-hole ever but nobody seems to notice, and people love him.

A-Rod get killed for everything. Oh yeah cuz nobody else took PED?

Sheep...

I hope he destroys the ball and the Yankees lose every single game.

Old
08-19-2013, 01:37 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
because that happened to Bonds, McGwire, Sosa, Manny, etc?
I was unaware that any of them leaked the names of fellow players to take the heat off of them.

Old
08-19-2013, 06:07 PM
Zil

The way Dillon Gee is going he could have some serious trade value to get the Mets a big bat in the offseason.

Old
08-19-2013, 06:33 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by KreiMeARiver View Post
I love how Derek Jeter is the most arrogant A-hole ever but nobody seems to notice, and people love him.

A-Rod get killed for everything. Oh yeah cuz nobody else took PED?

Sheep...

I hope he destroys the ball and the Yankees lose every single game.
Why is he an a-hole?

Old
08-19-2013, 07:27 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

If Flores keeps his plate discipline the way it is right now he's gonna be a stud. He has a sub .300 BABIP and he still has an OPS near .750 and a 107 WRC+. He's slow so his BABIP shouldn't suddenly rocket up but it should move up closer to .300.

Old
08-19-2013, 07:53 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil View Post
The way Dillon Gee is going he could have some serious trade value to get the Mets a big bat in the offseason.
I don't think he'll have the kind of value to the point where it makes sense to trade him. The Mets need to field a rotation. With Harvey, Wheeler, Niese and Gee there's a very solid 4/5 of a rotation.

08-19-2013, 08:57 PM
Zil

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
I don't think he'll have the kind of value to the point where it makes sense to trade him. The Mets need to field a rotation. With Harvey, Wheeler, Niese and Gee there's a very solid 4/5 of a rotation.
I'm not sure about that. Quality, cost-controlled starting pitchers have a lot of value. I'm not saying I'd give him away, but I'd certainly find out what could be had for him, especially with Mejia, Montero, and Syndergaard pushing their way into the picture.

Old
08-19-2013, 08:58 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Yeah, gee seems the perfect back of the rotation innings eater this team needs. He along with Jon niece form a nice 3/4 tandem. Gee just knows how to pitch. Every good staff needs a guy like gee.

With Harv and wheels 1-2 and those 2 guys 3-4 we need a mejia or montero for the 5 and eventually Noah works his way up then were in good shape. If gee is our 5 man, we are winning alot of games.

I keep gee if its me. Any injuries to those other guys and well wish with still had dillon.

I like this stable of young arms we have. Everyone under 28 yrs of age. Pretty sweet

Old
08-19-2013, 09:02 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil View Post
I'm not sure about that. Quality, cost-controlled starting pitchers have a lot of value. I'm not saying I'd give him away, but I'd certainly find out what could be had for him, especially with Mejia, Montero, and Syndergaard pushing their way into the picture.
He's a bottom of rotation guy. Those guys just aren't in demand. He's a good fit here. His value won't be to the point where it makes sense to deal him. And cost controlled seems to be something this team needs. They're not going out to add a big OF bat and two starting pitchers. What Gee gives the Mets will cost a lot on the FA market.

If Mejia (another injury), Montero (no need to rush) or Syndergaard (likely a '15 guy) win a spot, then you can trade him — at basically the same value. Or you keep as a fifth starter or the long guy in the pen.

It's Sydergaard or Montero who will be the (one of) major piece(s) for an OF bat, not Gee.

Last edited by SingnBluesOnBroadway: 08-19-2013 at 09:14 PM.
Old
08-19-2013, 09:12 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 145
Awards:
I think Syndergaard is absolutely going to debut some time next season. He's already dominant in AA, and there's a strong chance he opens in AAA. He's on the Harvey/Wheeler path.

Old
08-19-2013, 09:14 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
I think Syndergaard is absolutely going to debut some time next season. He's already dominant in AA, and there's a strong chance he opens in AAA. He's on the Harvey/Wheeler path.
Fine. Sydergaard now doesn't render Gee expendable. Or raise his trade value.

Old
08-19-2013, 09:19 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

I continue to hear very good things about Matz...#2 starter ceiling.

Old
08-19-2013, 09:58 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Matz needs to stay healthy. If he can do that, than look out.

Old
08-19-2013, 09:59 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Quote:
He's a bottom of rotation guy. Those guys just aren't in demand. He's a good fit here. His value won't be to the point where it makes sense to deal him. And cost controlled seems to be something this team needs. They're not going out to add a big OF bat and two starting pitchers. What Gee gives the Mets will cost a lot on the FA market.

If Mejia (another injury), Montero (no need to rush) or Syndergaard (likely a '15 guy) win a spot, then you can trade him at basically the same value. Or you keep as a fifth starter or the long guy in the pen.

It's Sydergaard or Montero who will be the (one of) major piece(s) for an OF bat, not Gee.
Well, it becomes Hefner vs. Gee once Hef is healthy. I'd like to keep Gee as long as he stays cheap.

Old
08-19-2013, 10:16 PM
16 To Stanley*

Quote:
I was unaware that any of them leaked the names of fellow players to take the heat off of them.
Actually, quite a few of them did.

And besides that, we have no clue what A-Rod did or didn't do, outside of the fact that he clearly took steroids.

That said, with how uncooperative he was during this entire ordeal, I have trouble seeing how he would leak names without a firm deal in place to cut his suspension down.

Good to know you'll believe anything the media throws at us though. It's like that commercial "he's a french model, I met him on the internet."

Especially in this entire saga, who knows what's true that's coming out and what's not.

And if you have read anything from today, you would actualy know that dempster hit him over a PERSONAL feud they had at some charity get together earlier this year. A-Rod apparently snubbed him and after the event dempster said that he was going to plunk a-rod the next time he saw him.

So it had nothing to do with him standing up for other fellow roiders.

Pathetic that in any way shape or form you support players getting beaned though. Says a lot about you as a human being, regardless of the player getting hit.

Old
08-20-2013, 12:04 AM
Zil

Quote:

If Mejia (another injury), Montero (no need to rush) or Syndergaard (likely a '15 guy) win a spot, then you can trade him at basically the same value. Or you keep as a fifth starter or the long guy in the pen.

I think you're underselling Gee a bit. He's got a 2.27 ERA in his last 15 starts. He doesn't have the ceiling of an ace, but he might be considered a legitimate number three starter.

Old
08-20-2013, 01:09 AM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 To Stanley View Post
Actually, quite a few of them did.

And besides that, we have no clue what A-Rod did or didn't do, outside of the fact that he clearly took steroids.

That said, with how uncooperative he was during this entire ordeal, I have trouble seeing how he would leak names without a firm deal in place to cut his suspension down.

Good to know you'll believe anything the media throws at us though. It's like that commercial "he's a french model, I met him on the internet."

Especially in this entire saga, who knows what's true that's coming out and what's not.

And if you have read anything from today, you would actualy know that dempster hit him over a PERSONAL feud they had at some charity get together earlier this year. A-Rod apparently snubbed him and after the event dempster said that he was going to plunk a-rod the next time he saw him.

So it had nothing to do with him standing up for other fellow roiders.

Pathetic that in any way shape or form you support players getting beaned though. Says a lot about you as a human being, regardless of the player getting hit.
Good to know that A-Rat has you fooled enough to not automatically know he's a lying sack of ****. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me 139834256823469235683 times, shame on 16 to Stanley.

Old
08-20-2013, 01:38 AM
darko

Quote:

Classy post.

Closed Thread