HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Mon-Van

Closed Thread

Old
08-20-2013, 12:22 AM
Beendair Donedat

vCash: 500
As usual when little common ground is found, pissing match ensues. There is no deal here to be made that either fan base likes... Certainly not a big deal, maybe minor pieces.

Old
08-20-2013, 12:27 AM
Cogburn

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beendair Donedat View Post
As usual when little common ground is found, pissing match ensues. There is no deal here to be made that either fan base likes... Certainly not a big deal, maybe minor pieces.
Emelin, Diaz, Bouillon, Drewski, and of course Tinordi or Beaulieu. I know the last two would fetch a pretty penny, but if this Murray deal fails, one of the first four on the cheap could appeal to us.

EDIT: That was my attempt at finding common ground, as on paper, the Canadiens have a lot of D. We have little to offer other then a mid to low pick or someone like Sestito or Weise. Not a great combination, but small pieces for small pieces.

Old
08-20-2013, 12:42 AM
Beendair Donedat

Emelin and Tinordi are our only defensemen with any snarl. I doubt they are moved. Beaulieu is a guy that is being looked at as a future Markov like player... Probably not as good but more physical...

Ellis, Dietz or Thrower would be more likely to be moved, although again I don't see any deal going down here that either side likes.

Old
08-20-2013, 12:53 AM
Horvat2Virtanen
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beendair Donedat View Post
Emelin and Tinordi are our only defensemen with any snarl. I doubt they are moved. Beaulieu is a guy that is being looked at as a future Markov like player... Probably not as good but more physical...

Ellis, Dietz or Thrower would be more likely to be moved, although again I don't see any deal going down here that either side likes.
I've liked Thrower sine his draft year, what would it take for Van to acquire him?

08-20-2013, 01:08 AM
Westcoasthabsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG Canuck View Post
Need? We already have a better goalie, we have no "need".
Really? You think Lou wants to play for Vancouver considering you all basically rode him outta town over the last 18 months and now after your boob of a GM trades away your real number one everybody is back on the Louongo bandwagon...I would split a gut if he held out.....but dont worry Lou will get to open the door for the defenceman in RUSSIA in Feb, watching Carey Price man the CANADIAN net....

Old
08-20-2013, 01:18 AM
Horvat2Virtanen
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westcoasthabsfan View Post
Really? You think Lou wants to play for Vancouver considering you all basically rode him outta town over the last 18 months and now after your boob of a GM trades away your real number one everybody is back on the Louongo bandwagon...I would split a gut if he held out.....but dont worry Lou will get to open the door for the defenceman in RUSSIA in Feb, watching Carey Price man the CANADIAN net....
Yes Carey Price the goalie with zero better seasons that Luongo, one playoff round win will start in favor of a goalie who's led his team to game 7 of the finals and won an Olympic Gold Medal as the starter, while Price wasn't even invited to play. Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Old
08-20-2013, 01:34 AM
Bankerguy

vCash: 633
Honestly, Canucks need a first line winger to play with Kesler to take pressure off the Twins. Young, goal scorer, with size.

Pacioretty for Edler is fair value.

top line winger for top pairing Dman. Both have great contract, both have youth and size.

Old
08-20-2013, 01:41 AM
Horvat2Virtanen
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bankerguy View Post
Honestly, Canucks need a first line winger to play with Kesler to take pressure off the Twins. Young, goal scorer, with size.

Pacioretty for Edler is fair value.

top line winger for top pairing Dman. Both have great contract, both have youth and size.
I've seen Habs fans say Pacioretty is close to Kopitar in terms of value, so good luck with that (Even though it's close to fair value)

Old
08-20-2013, 02:01 AM
Beendair Donedat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kesler2Burrows View Post
I've liked Thrower sine his draft year, what would it take for Van to acquire him?
I doubt he's moved. Bergevin is adamant about building through the draft and keeping those pieces. Thrower is a fine prospect but has had some issues over last the last season. I think he'll play in the WHL or AHL and develop some more.

I think you'd have to include him in a package for another deal. He's everything the Habs need though, mean, talented and can fight like a bear cat. Reminds me of Bieksa. It would take something nice to pry loose.

Old
08-20-2013, 02:29 AM
Lord Flacko*
Down to let it go

vCash: 907
Quote:
If Carey Price is Canada's goalie, we won't even medal.

Old
08-20-2013, 02:58 AM
Spectrefire

Quote:
You mean Carey Price, our 3rd string goalie for Team Canada?

Old
08-20-2013, 09:56 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kesler2Burrows View Post
Weber, Suter, Keith, Pietangelo, Karlsson and Chara are better than Subban. He isn't top 5.
Very arguable.

Old
08-20-2013, 11:26 AM
PG Canuck

vCash: 1512
Quote:
I never left the Luongo bandwagon, thank you very much - nor was I off the Schneider bandwagon either. And please, it's Luongo's spot to lose for Team Canada, and it shouldn't even be debatable. I'm worried if Price is the starting goalie, but that's just me. I see Price as the next Fleury, more talented, but you don't know what goalie you're getting - Price's numbers sure don't reflect the hype he gets.

Old
08-20-2013, 11:28 AM
PG Canuck

vCash: 1512
On that note, this thread is over. All that's left is pissing matches.

Closed Thread