HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospect Thread XIX

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-20-2013, 10:42 AM
  #26
PRNuck
Retain Kevin Lowe
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,959
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefeebster View Post
So that Biosteel camp started today and the highlights are up if you are interested (warning for music)



Briefly, i think there is a Gaunce medicine ball throw. Two Canucks pants during the on ice session. I believe the Blue jersey RHS is Tanev, Grey LHS is Gaunce. Tanev scores on a nice feed from Stamkos. Gaunce makes a nice pass to Hodgson for a goal. Then Tanev scores another i believe.
Haha thanks for the music heads up. That was pretty cool despite being one giant product placement.

Man alive Hodgson has a big head

PRNuck is offline  
Old
08-20-2013, 11:52 AM
  #27
crazycanuck
Registered User
 
crazycanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 8,498
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefeebster View Post
So that Biosteel camp started today and the highlights are up if you are interested (warning for music)



Briefly, i think there is a Gaunce medicine ball throw. Two Canucks pants during the on ice session. I believe the Blue jersey RHS is Tanev, Grey LHS is Gaunce. Tanev scores on a nice feed from Stamkos. Gaunce makes a nice pass to Hodgson for a goal. Then Tanev scores another i believe.
It's official I want the season to start now.

crazycanuck is offline  
Old
08-20-2013, 02:11 PM
  #28
crazycanuck
Registered User
 
crazycanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 8,498
vCash: 500
@SteveEwen1m
Hearing that Vancouver Giants F Cain Franson will be part of the Vancouver Canucks contingent at the Young Stars tourney in Penticton. #WHL

Wasn't sure where else to put this.

crazycanuck is offline  
Old
08-20-2013, 02:24 PM
  #29
Wisp
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 5,069
vCash: 500
Is Cain really 6 feet 160 lbs? That doesn't sound right.

Wisp is offline  
Old
08-20-2013, 02:45 PM
  #30
thedavid
Registered User
 
thedavid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 181
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisp View Post
Is Cain really 6 feet 160 lbs? That doesn't sound right.
I saw him play a few times last year. It doesn't sound right, but it's not too far off either. He's very, very lanky.

thedavid is online now  
Old
08-20-2013, 03:34 PM
  #31
PRNuck
Retain Kevin Lowe
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,959
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisp View Post
Is Cain really 6 feet 160 lbs? That doesn't sound right.
Wow, 6'1", 167 lbs according to the team site. You know he's skinny when he's 167 lbs after their fudge factor.

PRNuck is offline  
Old
08-20-2013, 07:29 PM
  #32
thefeebster
Registered User
 
thefeebster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 5,659
vCash: 500
Finished two of five Wolves videos; Lain and Blomstrand. Warning, Lain's is probably the most boring i've done this year I even added some faceoffs to fill some time.





Cannata up next.

thefeebster is offline  
Old
08-20-2013, 08:45 PM
  #33
How Ya Drouin
12/08/13 GM GamesRIP
 
How Ya Drouin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,063
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefeebster View Post
Finished two of five Wolves videos; Lain and Blomstrand. Warning, Lain's is probably the most boring i've done this year I even added some faceoffs to fill some time.





Cannata up next.
I really like the look of Blomstrand.

How Ya Drouin is online now  
Old
08-20-2013, 09:00 PM
  #34
Tiranis
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 21,166
vCash: 500
His skating is just insane for how big he is. Not just a straight line skater either, his edges are pretty much perfect. Wouldn't surprise me if he gets a call up as soon as this year.

Tiranis is online now  
Old
08-20-2013, 09:03 PM
  #35
How Ya Drouin
12/08/13 GM GamesRIP
 
How Ya Drouin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,063
vCash: 500
Imagine Hansen and Blomstrand on the same line... wow I am excited now lol

How Ya Drouin is online now  
Old
08-20-2013, 09:27 PM
  #36
Bleach Clean
Registered User
 
Bleach Clean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 15,822
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
His skating is just insane for how big he is. Not just a straight line skater either, his edges are pretty much perfect. Wouldn't surprise me if he gets a call up as soon as this year.
Even while carrying the puck...

Watched the STL pre-draft insider video for this year and Jarmo remarked that he didn't put much stock how a guy skates/how fast he is, just that he can get there. In this draft, the Canucks targeted Grenier, Labate and Blomstrad: All bigger forwards that can skate very well overall. Interesting how one team can emphasize this aspect while another is taught not to. I wonder what it means to the probability of actually making the NHL...

Edit: Thanks for taking the time to make your vids feebster.


Last edited by Bleach Clean: 08-20-2013 at 09:36 PM.
Bleach Clean is online now  
Old
08-20-2013, 10:14 PM
  #37
synobyte
Canucks Cultist
 
synobyte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: 100 mile house
Country: Canada
Posts: 472
vCash: 500
Nice videos. Blomstrand looks great in the short period he was there, this full season in Utica 15 goals 20 assists seems realistic and would be great.

synobyte is offline  
Old
08-20-2013, 10:45 PM
  #38
synobyte
Canucks Cultist
 
synobyte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: 100 mile house
Country: Canada
Posts: 472
vCash: 500
My Utica Comets point predictions for this year, I didnt do all just the ones im interested in. I like to see how far off i am.

Alex Mallet 4 Goals 12 Assists
Peter Anderson 6 Goals 15 Assists
Nicklas Jensen 21 Goals 10 Assists
Ludwig Blomstrand 10 Goals 20 Assists
Yann Sauve 2 Goals 11 Assists
Henrik Tommernes 9 Goals 24 Assists
Darren Archibald 26 Goals 22 Assists
Alex Grenier 12 Goals 12 Assists
Adam Polasek 5 Goals 9 Assists
Kellan Lain 2 Goals 8 Assists
Alex Friesen 5 Goals 10 Assists
Zach Hamill 20 Goals 20 Assists
Frank Corrado 13 Goals 25 Assists

synobyte is offline  
Old
08-20-2013, 10:55 PM
  #39
How Ya Drouin
12/08/13 GM GamesRIP
 
How Ya Drouin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,063
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by synobyte View Post
My Utica Comets point predictions for this year, I didnt do all just the ones im interested in. I like to see how far off i am.

Alex Mallet 4 Goals 12 Assists
Peter Anderson 6 Goals 15 Assists
Nicklas Jensen 21 Goals 10 Assists
Ludwig Blomstrand 10 Goals 20 Assists
Yann Sauve 2 Goals 11 Assists
Henrik Tommernes 9 Goals 24 Assists
Darren Archibald 26 Goals 22 Assists
Alex Grenier 12 Goals 12 Assists
Adam Polasek 5 Goals 9 Assists
Kellan Lain 2 Goals 8 Assists
Alex Friesen 5 Goals 10 Assists
Zach Hamill 20 Goals 20 Assists
Frank Corrado 13 Goals 25 Assists
You're expecting Corrado to outscore Jensen? Big assumption.

How Ya Drouin is online now  
Old
08-20-2013, 11:31 PM
  #40
synobyte
Canucks Cultist
 
synobyte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: 100 mile house
Country: Canada
Posts: 472
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JI123 View Post
You're expecting Corrado to outscore Jensen? Big assumption.
I believe it will happen, Jensen is over rated, I like him a lot though just needs a little more time to develop.

synobyte is offline  
Old
08-21-2013, 01:49 AM
  #41
Wisp
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 5,069
vCash: 500
I love Corrado but he barely broke 7 goals in Junior last year. Expecting him to double production at the next level is silly.

Wisp is offline  
Old
08-21-2013, 05:46 AM
  #42
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck
 
ImGoingNucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Coquitlam BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,007
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by synobyte View Post
I believe it will happen, Jensen is over rated, I like him a lot though just needs a little more time to develop.
He was overrated..

I honestly do not think that is the case today...

Otherwise I agree, Jensen might get a lot of goals.. But he is not known for his A's.

ImGoingNucks is offline  
Old
08-21-2013, 08:09 AM
  #43
PG Canuck
Moderator
 
PG Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Prince George, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,374
vCash: 50
Really liked what I saw in that Blomstrand video. His skating....

PG Canuck is offline  
Old
08-21-2013, 10:36 AM
  #44
ItsAllPartOfThePlan
Registered User
 
ItsAllPartOfThePlan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,274
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG Canuck View Post
Really liked what I saw in that Blomstrand video. His skating....
Yeah. That was crazy. How is the rest of his game (i.e shooting, passing, etc)? Any idea if he will be in the Prospects Tournament?

ItsAllPartOfThePlan is online now  
Old
08-21-2013, 11:15 AM
  #45
synobyte
Canucks Cultist
 
synobyte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: 100 mile house
Country: Canada
Posts: 472
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisp View Post
I love Corrado but he barely broke 7 goals in Junior last year. Expecting him to double production at the next level is silly.
you may be right about that, only time will tell but i think he will do it.

synobyte is offline  
Old
08-21-2013, 11:23 AM
  #46
PRNuck
Retain Kevin Lowe
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,959
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImGoingNucks View Post
He was overrated..

I honestly do not think that is the case today...

Otherwise I agree, Jensen might get a lot of goals.. But he is not known for his A's.
Yeah he's not overrated.

PRNuck is offline  
Old
08-21-2013, 09:48 PM
  #47
Spectrefire
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 503
vCash: 500
Christ, whoever is doing the ratings for Canucks prospects on HF is absolutely ridiculous.

Someone how Schroeder dropped from a C to a B, after a season where he established himself as an NHL player.

Spectrefire is offline  
Old
08-21-2013, 10:03 PM
  #48
Wilch
Unregistered User
 
Wilch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Under your bed
Country: Taiwan
Posts: 9,354
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectrefire View Post
Christ, whoever is doing the ratings for Canucks prospects on HF is absolutely ridiculous.

Someone how Schroeder dropped from a C to a B, after a season where he established himself as an NHL player.
Here's a photo of the HF writers having a serious discussion about NHL prospects.


Wilch is offline  
Old
08-22-2013, 07:16 PM
  #49
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck
 
ImGoingNucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Coquitlam BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,007
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilch View Post
Here's a photo of the HF writers having a serious discussion about NHL prospects.


I could only imagine

ImGoingNucks is offline  
Old
08-22-2013, 07:20 PM
  #50
arsmaster
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 20,217
vCash: 500
Jensen needs to get back to being a 50/50 goals and assists guy especially if he's not scoring 35-50 goals.

25-25-50 is a fair expectation for him IMO.

arsmaster is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:17 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.