HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

Medvescak Zagreb 2013/2014 season talk

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-20-2013, 05:43 PM
  #926
crik
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 81
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Papi Hr View Post
Looks like Gazprom sister company?! Idk
Maybe it's like ITERA? (Dinamo Riga main sponsor) It was a partner of Gazprom, but now it's ROSNEFT affiliate.

crik is offline  
Old
08-23-2013, 06:25 AM
  #927
Salavat Yulaev
Registered User
 
Salavat Yulaev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Almaty
Country: Kazakhstan
Posts: 477
vCash: 500
Medvescak Zagreb vs. Saryarka Karaganda
August 23, 2013. 18:00 Moscow Time

Salavat Yulaev is offline  
Old
08-23-2013, 07:09 AM
  #928
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Zagreb
Country: Croatia
Posts: 1,175
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salavat Yulaev View Post
Medvescak Zagreb vs. Saryarka Karaganda
August 23, 2013. 18:00 Moscow Time

This is fourth meeting between croatian and kazakh club since Croatia gained independence. So far Torpedo won three games (two against Medvescak and one against Zagreb) with GD 47-5

ficohok* is offline  
Old
08-23-2013, 11:32 PM
  #929
Salavat Yulaev
Registered User
 
Salavat Yulaev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Almaty
Country: Kazakhstan
Posts: 477
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroHabitant View Post
This is fourth meeting between croatian and kazakh club since Croatia gained independence. So far Torpedo won three games (two against Medvescak and one against Zagreb) with GD 47-5
Well yesterday Medvescak made the total score better.
5:1

Salavat Yulaev is offline  
Old
08-24-2013, 10:19 AM
  #930
bishonen91
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 276
vCash: 500
someone asked?

http://www.khl.hr/en/medvescak/rendu...ng-for-the-nhl

Rendulic

bishonen91 is offline  
Old
08-24-2013, 11:40 AM
  #931
Kshahdoo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Moscow, Russia
Posts: 4,110
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bishonen91 View Post
Does anybody in the NHL know he wanna play in the league?

Kshahdoo is offline  
Old
08-24-2013, 12:21 PM
  #932
Salavat Yulaev
Registered User
 
Salavat Yulaev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Almaty
Country: Kazakhstan
Posts: 477
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kshahdoo View Post
Does anybody in the NHL know he wanna play in the league?
So far Medevscak subscribed Canadian guys. And that's the only reason why people take this team as a serious competitor

Salavat Yulaev is offline  
Old
08-24-2013, 03:45 PM
  #933
bishonen91
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 276
vCash: 500
Reading=!understanging

@Khsahdoo - he was contacted by agents/scouts

@Salavat - to subscribe and to sign are two different words.

bishonen91 is offline  
Old
08-25-2013, 10:23 AM
  #934
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Zagreb
Country: Croatia
Posts: 1,175
vCash: 500
Kyle Klubertanz broke his lower leg in yesterday's exibithion game. He was very good so far in pre-season games. Now Kolesnikovs/Letang will start as 6th defender(s). All the best to Kyle, wish him fast recovery. It will take a several weeks according to official statement.


Last edited by ficohok*: 08-25-2013 at 10:33 AM.
ficohok* is offline  
Old
08-25-2013, 11:57 AM
  #935
loppa
Registered User
 
loppa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: No' 'Murica!
Country: Serbia
Posts: 1,611
vCash: 500
There is some troubling stuff going on. According to this link, http://www.khl.hr/medunarodni-hokej/...ila-15-seniora , hockey is stagnating in Croatia. Hence participating in EBEL has not really helped hockey in croatia, is what I conclude. Is this true, I ask you people who are actually the ground there? And if it is what kind of effect will the KHL have solely on the domestic hockey situation?

loppa is offline  
Old
08-25-2013, 12:45 PM
  #936
Latgale_fan
Registered User
 
Latgale_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 971
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by loppa View Post
There is some troubling stuff going on. According to this link, http://www.khl.hr/medunarodni-hokej/...ila-15-seniora , hockey is stagnating in Croatia. Hence participating in EBEL has not really helped hockey in croatia, is what I conclude. Is this true, I ask you people who are actually the ground there? And if it is what kind of effect will the KHL have solely on the domestic hockey situation?
I don't know about Croat situation but the article seems a bit hollow to me. You can't analyse the IIHF numbers because they're made up. Well, if not made up then every country counts its ''seniors'' differently. One country might count player licences or registered players, another might just count anyone who's ever been seen on skates as a player or just generalize.

Also it depends on how big is people's participation in beer leagues etc. The numbers do not show the health of professional hockey in a country. In Latvia e.g. there are 2, 348 male players and 1,515 juniors registered, while in Belarus there are 1,154 males and 2,747 juniors. By these numbers you could judge that Latvia has a more professional/bigger senior league than Belarus at home while in junior hockey we lag behind Belorussians. Instead it's the opposite- we don't even have a professional league and all these male players are counted just because we have a large beer league system and participation in the sport. And in junior rankings we're above Belarus and don't even know when we last lost to them in an official game in U20, U18 level.

Also the Czech numbers are actually lifted from the sky since 100 000 total hockey players?? Give me a break! Sweden and Russia has each 60 000 - 70 000 only....

The number of junior players also don't mean much in the long run since if they did, we'd be far behind Austria, Belarus and the likes in junior hockey which is just not true. What's important is the quality of coaching and I believe if Croat youth development is imporving there should be no concern about IIHF numbers.

Also, the raise in level of hockey is not something you can achieve in 5-6 years while you're playing somewhere. The same argument is constantly made here, in Latvia, about Dinamo and KHL but you just can't raise the level of hockey in a few years. Suppose you get more money, better coaches, more willingness of players to train harder when they see new perspectives- even with that you can already write off 14-15 year olds as they've already learn most of the skills old way and can not improve in many ways, then you have 10-11 years old guys who maybe get new training methods and watch the big team in arena or on TV and dream about it, but are still existing in the old hockey eco-system of the country.

I think 16-20 years...then you can perhaps start to look at something and reap some fruit, as happened with Latvia where 10 years ago the young players still sucked pretty much, now they can occasionally resist top dogs and are producing new talents like they did under Soviet system but still for the next step- 10, 15 maybe even more years.


Last edited by Latgale_fan: 08-25-2013 at 12:52 PM.
Latgale_fan is offline  
Old
08-25-2013, 01:14 PM
  #937
Agramer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 44
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by loppa View Post
There is some troubling stuff going on. According to this link, http://www.khl.hr/medunarodni-hokej/...ila-15-seniora , hockey is stagnating in Croatia. Hence participating in EBEL has not really helped hockey in croatia, is what I conclude. Is this true, I ask you people who are actually the ground there? And if it is what kind of effect will the KHL have solely on the domestic hockey situation?
Hockey in Croatia has been stagnating since breakup of Yugoslavia. In Yugoslavia there was a pretty decent league.
Since then until Medveščak joined EBEL, hockey in Croatia was on lifesupport. With Medveščak in EBEL, fans returned to the hockey games in big numbers and also kids are more interested in hockey schools, but there is still a big gap in production of players resulting from 20 years of low interest in hockey. main problem is lack of ice time for kids so sometimes they have practices very late at night. if Medveščak's participation in EBEL and now in KHL helps to get more ice rinks for kids to train then in the future there will be more native Croatian players. Right now many Croatian junior players are playing in Austrian, Czech and Slovak teams so they can advance their skills

Agramer is offline  
Old
08-25-2013, 02:23 PM
  #938
Latgale_fan
Registered User
 
Latgale_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 971
vCash: 500
What's the status with Kolesnikovs, still on try-out or signed?

Latgale_fan is offline  
Old
08-25-2013, 02:52 PM
  #939
CroKing
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 13
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latgale_fan View Post
What's the status with Kolesnikovs, still on try-out or signed?
Still on try-out

CroKing is offline  
Old
08-25-2013, 04:59 PM
  #940
bishonen91
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 276
vCash: 500
There are less than 120 players playing in national league, maybe add 50-100 "players" who have trained hockey at some time and now play beer leagues.

Its still very very small number

bishonen91 is offline  
Old
08-25-2013, 04:59 PM
  #941
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Zagreb
Country: Croatia
Posts: 1,175
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agramer View Post
. main problem is lack of ice time for kids so sometimes they have practices very late at night.
The truth is that there is not enough ice rinks for our hockey to take next step and develop in the way Hungary developed in last 10 or 15 years, but this "lack of ice time" is BS. Go to croatian hockey forum and ask some of members who's kids are actually training hockey and they will tell you same about "lack of IT". That phrase is perfect excuse among our youth coaches who dosen't have desire to teach kids something rather just collect money from parents.

ficohok* is offline  
Old
08-25-2013, 05:15 PM
  #942
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Zagreb
Country: Croatia
Posts: 1,175
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latgale_fan View Post

, more willingness of players to train harder when they see new perspectives-
That can work out in Latvia where young Latvians have their idols in Darzins, M.Redlihs, Ozolins and they hope one day they will succeed them. In Croatia when kids reaches age of 14-15 are slowly giving up on hockey or any serious thoughts about being pro. What is the point of pushing it hard when they (Medvescak) will sign medicore AHL-er or slovenian guy who is 13th forward on their NT (Koren). Only perspective for our young players is to go abroad and try to push their carrers there (Rendulic).


Kolesnikovs is still on try-out, but with Klubertanz out till the end September at least, I am sure he will stay.

ficohok* is offline  
Old
08-26-2013, 01:28 AM
  #943
loppa
Registered User
 
loppa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: No' 'Murica!
Country: Serbia
Posts: 1,611
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agramer View Post
Hockey in Croatia has been stagnating since breakup of Yugoslavia. In Yugoslavia there was a pretty decent league.
Since then until Medveščak joined EBEL, hockey in Croatia was on lifesupport. With Medveščak in EBEL, fans returned to the hockey games in big numbers and also kids are more interested in hockey schools, but there is still a big gap in production of players resulting from 20 years of low interest in hockey. main problem is lack of ice time for kids so sometimes they have practices very late at night. if Medveščak's participation in EBEL and now in KHL helps to get more ice rinks for kids to train then in the future there will be more native Croatian players. Right now many Croatian junior players are playing in Austrian, Czech and Slovak teams so they can advance their skills
Ebel did not come out of nowhere. There was participation in the panonian league, and the slovenian league. That was an improvement over the domestic league, and only then when the slovenian league was too weak for the team did they join the ebel league. Hence there has been a steady progression over the years. And now yes, I do not like there and have no clue how things are, but surely conditions for hockey improved over those several years? :/

The thing that I ponder is... if participation in EBEL has not produced a new ice arena, why (and/or how) would participation in the KHL produce that?


Also - Croatia was the most developed in terms of hockey in the former yugoslavia - then in the 1950s Partizan from belgrade killed croatian hockey by stealing their best players from zagreb and surrounding towns - varazdin, karlovac, sisak, totally killing their hockey. :/ It took quite some time for hockey to come back - but alas it only came back in Zagreb, not those other places to a significant level. But speaking of them - is there any hockey nowadays in Varazdin or Karlovac?

loppa is offline  
Old
08-26-2013, 01:52 AM
  #944
billy piton
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Zagreb
Country: Croatia
Posts: 703
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by loppa View Post
Ebel did not come out of nowhere. There was participation in the panonian league, and the slovenian league. That was an improvement over the domestic league, and only then when the slovenian league was too weak for the team did they join the ebel league. Hence there has been a steady progression over the years. And now yes, I do not like there and have no clue how things are, but surely conditions for hockey improved over those several years? :/

The thing that I ponder is... if participation in EBEL has not produced a new ice arena, why (and/or how) would participation in the KHL produce that?


Also - Croatia was the most developed in terms of hockey in the former yugoslavia - then in the 1950s Partizan from belgrade killed croatian hockey by stealing their best players from zagreb and surrounding towns - varazdin, karlovac, sisak, totally killing their hockey. :/ It took quite some time for hockey to come back - but alas it only came back in Zagreb, not those other places to a significant level. But speaking of them - is there any hockey nowadays in Varazdin or Karlovac?
croatian economy went to toilet just about at the same time when medveščak joined ebel so any major improvements on hockey infrastructure couldn't be done. situation isn't much better right now but city of zagreb has started to build another indoor rink.

unfortunately, that isn't nearly enough to have some significant developing program.

billy piton is online now  
Old
08-26-2013, 02:05 AM
  #945
loppa
Registered User
 
loppa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: No' 'Murica!
Country: Serbia
Posts: 1,611
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy piton View Post
croatian economy went to toilet just about at the same time when medveščak joined ebel so any major improvements on hockey infrastructure couldn't be done. situation isn't much better right now but city of zagreb has started to build another indoor rink.

unfortunately, that isn't nearly enough to have some significant developing program.
Every rink is a huge impact for hockey development!
(could you give me a link that talks about that? please/molim te?)

loppa is offline  
Old
08-26-2013, 03:46 AM
  #946
penepi
Registered User
 
penepi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: UK
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 669
vCash: 500
When will the sale for first 4 home games start, please? Thx.

penepi is online now  
Old
08-26-2013, 04:17 AM
  #947
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Zagreb
Country: Croatia
Posts: 1,175
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by penepi View Post
When will the sale for first 4 home games start, please? Thx.
Just follow Medvescak twitter and FB page and you will be informed on time

ficohok* is offline  
Old
08-26-2013, 06:06 AM
  #948
bishonen91
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 276
vCash: 500
no new rink will be built this season. the plans were voided.

there is some hockey in karlovac during winter ... but nothing serious.

bishonen91 is offline  
Old
08-26-2013, 03:15 PM
  #949
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Zagreb
Country: Croatia
Posts: 1,175
vCash: 500
Tickets for first four games will be on sale on 28.08.

ficohok* is offline  
Old
08-27-2013, 09:24 AM
  #950
Mikey09
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Bratislava
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 362
vCash: 500
I heard that Ivan Svarny is on his way back to Zagreb, is it true?

Mikey09 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:00 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.