HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread III: "Hemsky Off The Market" - MacT Presser

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-20-2013, 02:56 PM
  #301
No Good Names Left
Registered User
 
No Good Names Left's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 357
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by okgooil View Post
He should be looking to punish every one he sees, that is his only chance at staying in the NHL.
Hmmmm, I wonder if the ducks would be interested in a guy like Schultz? Would be nice to get him off our books.

dubnyk
schultz

Hiller

????

With Souray on LTIR, the ducks would actually save a mill on their cap with this. If they think Fasth and dubs can be a 1 and 1A

No Good Names Left is offline  
Old
08-20-2013, 02:59 PM
  #302
Sloth Slothersons*
They cut my beard
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Planet Earth
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,329
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Good Names Left View Post
Hmmmm, I wonder if the ducks would be interested in a guy like Schultz? Would be nice to get him off our books.

dubnyk
schultz

Hiller

????

With Souray on LTIR, the ducks would actually save a mill on their cap with this. If they think Fasth and dubs can be a 1 and 1A
Don't think they want him back

Sloth Slothersons* is offline  
Old
08-20-2013, 03:01 PM
  #303
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty
 
The Nuge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,728
vCash: 1026
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloth Slothersons View Post
Don't think they want him back
Wrong one...

The Nuge is offline  
Old
08-20-2013, 03:09 PM
  #304
Billybaroo*
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 737
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
"Alfredsson revealed he and the Senators structured his last contract under the mutual assumption that he would retire before playing the last year for $1 million"

http://www.senatorsextra.com/main/nh...-contract-daly

Thats not what Murray says.
Of course Alfreddson says that. It fits into his greed m.o.

Billybaroo* is offline  
Old
08-20-2013, 03:13 PM
  #305
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 25,017
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Good Names Left View Post
Hmmmm, I wonder if the ducks would be interested in a guy like Schultz? Would be nice to get him off our books.

dubnyk
schultz

Hiller

????

With Souray on LTIR, the ducks would actually save a mill on their cap with this. If they think Fasth and dubs can be a 1 and 1A
I don't do this. Hiller isn't a guy you put as your #1. You just don't know what you get with him.

I also don't see the need to get rid of Schultz at this point.

joestevens29 is offline  
Old
08-20-2013, 03:14 PM
  #306
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 25,017
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billybaroo View Post
Thats not what Murray says.
Of course Alfreddson says that. It fits into his greed m.o.
Oh yes, Mr. Murray the guy that was like a little kid and had to come out right away and say Alfie was lying and he was right.

Might as well listen to Eklund rumors if you are going to listen to Murray.

joestevens29 is offline  
Old
08-20-2013, 03:36 PM
  #307
Trafalgar Law
Waive Dallas Eakins
 
Trafalgar Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nailor Hopberle View Post
Not saying we could have gotten Fistric at that dollar figure, but is Ference @ $3.25M that big of an upgrade over Fistric at $.9M?
Ference can actually handle the puck, Fistric cannot.

Trafalgar Law is offline  
Old
08-20-2013, 04:07 PM
  #308
Distinct
Registered User
 
Distinct's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 148
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
I don't do this. Hiller isn't a guy you put as your #1. You just don't know what you get with him.

I also don't see the need to get rid of Schultz at this point.
Hiller is a lot more of a number 1 than Dubnyk is. Not sure we know what we are getting with Dubnyk either, unless it's a soft goal every other game.

Distinct is offline  
Old
08-20-2013, 04:07 PM
  #309
dustrock
Too Legit To Quit
 
dustrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,800
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trafalgar Law View Post
Ference can actually handle the puck, Fistric cannot.
He's a smarter hitter than Fistric, willing to fight and stick up for teammates guaranteed (any contact on the kids and he'll kill a man), better shooter from the point, faster and better puckhandler.

He's not really a top 2 d-man but he's far superior to Fistric.

dustrock is offline  
Old
08-20-2013, 04:17 PM
  #310
frag2
Registered User
 
frag2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,392
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Oh yes, Mr. Murray the guy that was like a little kid and had to come out right away and say Alfie was lying and he was right.

Might as well listen to Eklund rumors if you are going to listen to Murray.
No kidding. Same manager who leaked out the Heatley trade details and the Bishop offer.

frag2 is offline  
Old
08-20-2013, 05:54 PM
  #311
doulos
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,731
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Distinct View Post
Hiller is a lot more of a number 1 than Dubnyk is. Not sure we know what we are getting with Dubnyk either, unless it's a soft goal every other game.
Hiller is a better goaltender but has massive concussion issues.

doulos is offline  
Old
08-20-2013, 06:21 PM
  #312
Billybaroo*
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 737
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Oh yes, Mr. Murray the guy that was like a little kid and had to come out right away and say Alfie was lying and he was right.

Might as well listen to Eklund rumors if you are going to listen to Murray.
Yeah, cause when a guy & his agent misrepresents & lies you just sit there mute.
And Ill take virtually anybodies word over JP Barry

Billybaroo* is offline  
Old
08-20-2013, 06:33 PM
  #313
SK13
Mo'Linguish
 
SK13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,948
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Distinct View Post
Hiller is a lot more of a number 1 than Dubnyk is. Not sure we know what we are getting with Dubnyk either, unless it's a soft goal every other game.
Most #1's, including Hiller, have been known to give up soft goals. That's why they're simply #1's and not Henrik Lundqvist.

This is yet another case of suggesting we ditch Dubnyk for an older Goaltender that Dubnyk has outplayed for two straight seasons based on nothing but reputation. And then there's Hiller health.

The grass is greener mentality has never manifested more stupidly in our fanbase than with the perception of Dubnyk. We're starting to sound like Leafs fans.

SK13 is offline  
Old
08-20-2013, 06:46 PM
  #314
Usual_Suspect
Registered User
 
Usual_Suspect's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: 3 hours South
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,818
vCash: 500
@coreypronman
Former CGY 1st round pick goaltender Leland Irving will try out for Jokerit http://t.co/jWcOsD3Rjl

Usual_Suspect is offline  
Old
08-20-2013, 06:50 PM
  #315
Distinct
Registered User
 
Distinct's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 148
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SK13 View Post
Most #1's, including Hiller, have been known to give up soft goals. That's why they're simply #1's and not Henrik Lundqvist.

This is yet another case of suggesting we ditch Dubnyk for an older Goaltender that Dubnyk has outplayed for two straight seasons based on nothing but reputation. And then there's Hiller health.

The grass is greener mentality has never manifested more stupidly in our fanbase than with the perception of Dubnyk. We're starting to sound like Leafs fans.
and this will only continue, if Dubnyk proves he can't handle the pressure when this team needs him most.

Distinct is offline  
Old
08-20-2013, 07:02 PM
  #316
czar99
Registered User
 
czar99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Shultz'z Place
Posts: 3,932
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Usual_Suspect View Post
@coreypronman
Former CGY 1st round pick goaltender Leland Irving will try out for Jokerit http://t.co/jWcOsD3Rjl
Then who the hell is going to play net for those smucks this year? The dive is strong with this one.

czar99 is offline  
Old
08-20-2013, 07:35 PM
  #317
RipsADrive
Maybe next year?
 
RipsADrive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,632
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by czar99 View Post
Then who the hell is going to play net for those smucks this year? The dive is strong with this one.
They're not tanking. The Flames have too much pride for such a loser move unlike some teams.

RipsADrive is offline  
Old
08-20-2013, 07:37 PM
  #318
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty
 
The Nuge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,728
vCash: 1026
Quote:
Originally Posted by RipsADrive View Post
They're not tanking. The Flames have too much pride for such a loser move unlike some teams.
ya, they're actually a playoff team

The Nuge is offline  
Old
08-20-2013, 07:40 PM
  #319
RipsADrive
Maybe next year?
 
RipsADrive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,632
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
ya, they're actually a playoff team
Minimum.

I think it's between them and LA for the division title.

RipsADrive is offline  
Old
08-20-2013, 07:57 PM
  #320
topchowda
Registered User
 
topchowda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 6,424
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Usual_Suspect View Post
@coreypronman
Former CGY 1st round pick goaltender Leland Irving will try out for Jokerit http://t.co/jWcOsD3Rjl
They now have 3 of the best goalies not in the NHL. jealous

topchowda is online now  
Old
08-20-2013, 07:59 PM
  #321
nabob
Hall for captain
 
nabob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: HF boards
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,035
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by topchowda View Post
They now have 3 of the best goalies not in the NHL. jealous

nabob is offline  
Old
08-20-2013, 08:18 PM
  #322
Puritania
Skooma Addict
 
Puritania's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Omicron Persei 8
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,982
vCash: 1206
Quote:
Originally Posted by topchowda View Post
They now have 3 of the best goalies not in the NHL. jealous
Zing of the summer.


Puritania is offline  
Old
08-20-2013, 09:01 PM
  #323
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone
 
jumptheshark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: hf retirement home
Country: United Nations
Posts: 52,414
vCash: 1531
ducks signed Fistric to replace SS today

jumptheshark is offline  
Old
08-20-2013, 10:47 PM
  #324
belair
Registered User
 
belair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,907
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trafalgar Law View Post
Ference can actually handle the puck, Fistric cannot.


We're talking about Andrew Ference, right?

Ference is a much better positional defenseman than Fistric. Fistric is simply a banger and that's it.

And at 900k, he would've been a great signing. But obviously he was interested in a larger role here and we were unwilling to give him that opportunity along with the pay he was expecting. Kudos to him.

belair is offline  
Old
08-20-2013, 10:51 PM
  #325
SK13
Mo'Linguish
 
SK13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,948
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Distinct View Post
and this will only continue, if Dubnyk proves he can't handle the pressure when this team needs him most.
His team needed him the most every period of every game for the past two years, and his personal results over that time are better than average for a starting Goaltender, yet some will still claim he isn't even that.

Simple reality is that most Goaltenders are lacking in some way, suffer a poor goal here or there and that's what keeps them from being the elite in the league. These Goaltenders include every single "big" name I've heard as a potential replacement for Dubnyk.

SK13 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:22 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.