HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

OT: Theodore pulled tonight - Aebischer/Theo comparison

Old
11-08-2006, 04:37 PM
x-bob

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesHabsRock View Post
LesHabsRock's Funfact of the day: The Montreal Canadiens have yet to lose back to back games this season and have followed every loss with a victory.
Yea...ususaly when you don't lose back to back that means you follow every loss with a victory

x-bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2006, 04:41 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 50
Quote:
LesHabsRock's Funfact of the day: The Montreal Canadiens have yet to lose back to back games this season and have followed every loss with a victory.
You mention the same thing 2 times in the same sentence.

If the Habs are yet to lose back to back games like you said, then its quite obvious they have followed every loss with a win considering their is no ties.

ur sentence should stop at..
The Montreal Canadiens have yet to lose back to back games this season.

...as for Abby and Theo, I find it amazing how all the haters have gone away.. when that trade went down it was all complaining...now everyone is happy.

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2006, 05:14 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedave View Post
Even if Theodore had returned (or will return) to form, the deal was a good one. He was finished here no matter what he does in the future.

It's a bit strange for Colorado though. Gauthier left his successor (Giguere?) with both a roster and cap mess. It's just strange when a GM makes a big move like that and then walks away, leaving someone else to hold the bag.

It's part of his legacy though, and so far it doesn't look like he pulled a repeat of the Roy deal.
Who's Gauthier...?

You meant Lacroix, right?

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2006, 05:26 PM
The Kingslayer

vCash: 291
To be fair to Theo your defense is way more mobile then the one being sported in Denver that may or may not be the difference right now. I really like seeing Abby play though when I watch the habs. Makes it seem fun.

The Kingslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2006, 10:08 PM
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Who's Gauthier...?

You meant Lacroix, right?
Yes.

Souffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2006, 10:15 PM
Artyukhin*

in 43 games last year
Total Mtl/Col NHL 3.41 GAA /.882%

in his first 10 this season
3.42 GAA / .891%

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2006, 10:54 PM
LesHabsRock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
You mention the same thing 2 times in the same sentence.

If the Habs are yet to lose back to back games like you said, then its quite obvious they have followed every loss with a win considering their is no ties.

ur sentence should stop at..
The Montreal Canadiens have yet to lose back to back games this season.

...as for Abby and Theo, I find it amazing how all the haters have gone away.. when that trade went down it was all complaining...now everyone is happy.
I agree. I was a little overzealous and just wanted to make my point very clear given the excitement of a fantastic shootout win over the Oilers. Typos and semantics take a back seat in these situations. My apologies sir.

Quote:
considering their is no ties.
This particular part of the sentence should have gone a little like this: "considering there are no ties"

LesHabsRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2006, 11:04 PM
LesHabsRock

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-bob View Post
Yea...ususaly when you don't lose back to back that means you follow every loss with a victory
Very funny With all the excitement after the win I was really trying to elude to the fact that the Habs show character which was my intention in adding the "follow every loss with a victory" comment.

Old
11-09-2006, 08:31 AM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

Yeah Lacroix really handcuffed Giguere with Theo's salary.

11-09-2006, 08:54 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie View Post
in 43 games last year
Total Mtl/Col NHL 3.41 GAA /.882%

in his first 10 this season
3.42 GAA / .891%
Don't you see an improvement???

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2006, 09:07 AM
habsfan44

Quote:
Well, Theo was yanked tonight vs LA in the second period. I bet Pierre Lacroix thought he was pretty smart acquiring Theo in that trade. Consider this our payback for the Roy deal. Gainey is winning most of his deals. How many bad deals has he made?

Anyway, here are the Theo/Aebischer stats comparison thus far.

David Aebischer - 7 GP, 5 wins, 1 loss, 2.60 GAA, .924 SV%

Jose Theodore - 9 GP (not including tonight Nov. 7th), 5 wins, 3 losses, 3.12 GAA, .901 SV
%

I'm so glad the drama is over with Theo. Colorado can have him. Theo is a good/average goalie at best, not a great goalie.

On a side note: We have beaten both Stanley Cup finalists from last year thus far. We also are only 2 points back of the Leafs with a whopping 3 games in hand Leafs play Thursday which will give Montreal 4 games in hand. We play the Leafs our next game on Saturday. That would be a huge win for the Habs.

let's not forget that by trading theodore and his inflated contract , it gave gainey the cap space to sign UFA samsonov . theodore for aebicher and samsonov equals huge upgrade for gainey and the habs .

habsfan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2006, 09:17 AM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfan44 View Post
let's not forget that by trading theodore and his inflated contract , it gave gainey the cap space to sign UFA samsonov . theodore for aebicher and samsonov equals huge upgrade for gainey and the habs .
And by trading Aebischer Colorado couldn't afford to keep either Rob Blake or Alex Tanguay. I'm not saying Regehr isn't good, but Theo+Regehr < Aebi+Tanguay or Aebi+Blake

coolguy21415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2006, 03:05 PM
Malefic74

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
I was one of the ones who thought for sure Theodore would rebound in Colorado, without the media spotlight and everything. So I'm surprised that he's continued to be so...well...bad. Talent usually doesn't just disappear overnight but Theo may just be an exception.
Paging David Duval......

I've been away from the boards from a while and I have to say I am so amused by the Aebischer love-in. All summer long it was trade Abby, trade Abby, trade Abby. For anything at all. I should have tried harder to keep track of who said what. It would be interesting to see how many have had a change of heart.

Back to the topic at hand. Theo's problems are between his ears. He has the same reflexes and ridiculously quick feet he always had; but his confidence is gone and it shows in how deep he plays in the net now. If you watch the old games when he won the Hart he was aggressive and challenging as a goalie. He would dare shooters to beat him. Now he looks very passive. Sure his defence is not great in Colorado, but it's no worse than the swiss cheese the Habs had back in the day. Oddly enough Brisebois is a member of both this underwhelming squads. Hmmmm.

Abby has been helped by Melanson too. He is much better at closing the holes around his body than he used to be. I've seen no difference or improvement in Theo's game at all from the end of his time in Montreal. If Theo is going to get back to where he was it will have to come from outside either with a coach or a consultant, because he clearly isn't able to do it on his own.

Malefic74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2006, 03:06 PM
LesHabsRock

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfan44 View Post
Very good point. That deal was two-fold for our Habs to their benefit. They cleared cap space and signed others. Gainey has won all of his deals thus far with the Habs. Would you agree?

Old
11-09-2006, 03:37 PM
HABit

Theodore is actually a 3.42 GAA and an .891 save% after the L.A. game and Aebischer is a 2.49GAA and a .925 save%.

So glad he's gone, the drama surrounding him was just too much.

HABit is offline   Reply With Quote