HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Subban has officially turned into a monster

Old
08-20-2013, 07:32 PM
poetryinmotion

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowski View Post
Don't want to start yet another bro science debate, but he has a decent amount of body fat % in these vids.
You can see it because his shorts are tight and theres a bit of fat going over.

But that's good because it's cushion for hard hits you don't want to be too lean look at Bifuglien.

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2013, 07:45 PM
Stripper

I was expecting him to be massive or something... You guys are making such a big deal out of this lol. He has an athletic body, but because he needs to eat a lot and especially because he isn't a bodybuilder, he isn't (that) ripped. Relax..

Stripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2013, 08:16 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripper View Post
I was expecting him to be massive or something... You guys are making such a big deal out of this lol. He has an athletic body, but because he needs to eat a lot and especially because he isn't a bodybuilder, he isn't (that) ripped. Relax..
I don't think we need all the gym monkeys comparing these guys to biggest and baddest they've ever seen in the world of body building. PK seems to be as cut/ripped as any hockey player out there with topless pictures (that just sounds wrong, lol) circulating. Reminds me of comparing Rod the Bod to the rest of his contemporaries. There are NFL running backs right now that wish they had quite the build/tone.

Ohashi_Jouzu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2013, 08:22 PM
Lebowski
El Duderino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
I don't think we need all the gym monkeys comparing these guys to biggest and baddest they've ever seen in the world of body building. PK seems to be as cut/ripped as any hockey player out there with topless pictures (that just sounds wrong, lol) circulating. Reminds me of comparing Rod the Bod to the rest of his contemporaries. There are NFL running backs right now that wish they had quite the build/tone.
PK isn't ripped at all. Like you said, he's athletic and muscular but he isn't cut by any mean.

Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2013, 08:23 PM
overlords
youmyboyblou!

TBH i think this entire thread blew up because gym rats and non-gym rats use terms such as 'ripped' 'cup' 'jacked' differently.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2013, 08:28 PM
Lebowski
El Duderino

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
TBH i think this entire thread blew up because gym rats and non-gym rats use terms such as 'ripped' 'cup' 'jacked' differently.
You're probably right... But I have a hard time calling someone ripped/cut when he has love handles and no apparent six-pack .

Then again, not being ripped != not being in shape. I'm sure Subban is in great shape and that he trains more/harder (and I'm being polite) than all of us here, but that doesn't make him ripped.

Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2013, 08:36 PM
Brainiac

Quote:
Hey there, stop with your words of wisdom and whatever... we want to argue!!

True, PK's in great shape but far from being 'ripped'. But hey, he prefers a keg to a 6 pack, who are we to judge!

edit: I'd like to know what you mean by 'cup'...

Brainiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2013, 08:48 PM
68*

TBH who gives a ****. It doesn't matter what body fat percentage PK is. He's not a bodybuilder, he's an athlete. I have seen videos of him training and it seems like he does strength/endurance type of training instead of training for hypertrophy only.

68* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2013, 08:54 PM
habsfanatics*

Quote:
tbh i think this entire thread blew up because gym rats and non-gym rats use terms such as 'ripped' 'cup' 'jacked' differently.
100 %

habsfanatics* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2013, 08:58 PM
onemorecup*

Quote:
Originally Posted by galchenyuktocollberg View Post
It looks like he is super constipated in that photo
who is the midget

onemorecup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2013, 09:01 PM
WhiskeySeven
Retired. Bye.

vCash: 300
PK looks like he can eat Erik Karlsson. And I hope he does, somehow.

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2013, 09:02 PM
Brainiac

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 View Post
TBH who gives a ****. It doesn't matter what body fat percentage PK is. He's not a bodybuilder, he's an athlete. I have seen videos of him training and it seems like he does strength/endurance type of training instead of training for hypertrophy only.
Yeah, we don't always see that on TV, but the few times I was at the Bell center, you could always see Subban going around between plays, like he was not tired at all.

Brainiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2013, 09:03 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
PK looks like he can eat Erik Karlsson. And I hope he does, somehow.
He can eat 3 of him in one sitting and still ask for dessert.

Old
08-20-2013, 09:04 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemorecup View Post
who is the midget
The trainer.

Old
08-20-2013, 09:05 PM
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
It's not only comparing the biggest we've seen...
I can compare myself to him and say that I AM ripped... And I'm far from a big guy.

Mrb1p is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2013, 09:10 PM
habsfanatics*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
It's not only comparing the biggest we've seen...
I can compare myself to him and say that I AM ripped... And I'm far from a big guy.
Who the **** cares? PK's in fantastic shape, whether we all agree on the definition of "ripped" isn't important even a little bit.

habsfanatics* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2013, 09:11 PM
WhiskeySeven
Retired. Bye.

vCash: 300
I just read through the thread... come on guys none you did the tight/thick gay bit? How could you miss such a golden chance?

Sigh.

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2013, 10:26 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 2154
I have abs, but by the sounds of 80% of this thread no one is going to want to touch them or be jealous. Sad mode engaged

Habsawce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2013, 11:01 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfanatics View Post
Who the **** cares? PK's in fantastic shape, whether we all agree on the definition of "ripped" isn't important even a little bit.
And if we aren't comparing between hockey players only, it is even less important.

Ohashi_Jouzu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2013, 11:34 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:
You're probably right... But I have a hard time calling someone ripped/cut when he has love handles and no apparent six-pack .

Then again, not being ripped != not being in shape. I'm sure Subban is in great shape and that he trains more/harder (and I'm being polite) than all of us here, but that doesn't make him ripped.
Seriously, it was about time someone said it. The actual bodyfat% of Subban in those pics are about the highest I went in the past 4 years. Doesn't make Subban any less in shape nor a lesser athlete, he's a tremendous athlete!

ChemiseBleuHonnete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2013, 11:43 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 2154
Well if what he says is true, it would be pretty hard to eat the amount of protein he does and trim down. An entire cow in 3 months is a lot, but if he's working out 8-9 times a week he needs it.

Also you have to take into account in the offseason he's doing max weight exercises to add strength not max rep exercises to cut.

Habsawce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2013, 11:47 PM
Alexdaman
Wolfman

vCash: 50
Quote:

you lost 100% of credibility when you said "love handles".

Alexdaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2013, 11:48 PM
SouthernHab
Summer Grilling

I wonder how many baby kittens were killed because of this thread.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2013, 12:27 AM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
You can see it because his shorts are tight and theres a bit of fat going over.

But that's good because it's cushion for hard hits you don't want to be too lean look at Bifuglien.
He's in the last legs on the body building phase of his program. In the next weeks, watch him shed water and get leaner. He'll be fit for camp. Build up the mass early then shed the water pounds in the latter stages, just like a boxer.

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2013, 12:37 AM
MarleauApologist
#FireDougWilson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexdaman View Post
The absurdities written here are beginning to be overwhelming. I have lots of guys at the gym with more muscle mass than PK, but these ****s can't run for 20mins at 9 km/h without getting a heart attack. I have seen all of PK's training videos and I'm pretty confident he's the most ripped and the best athlete on the team. At 6ft0 and 216lbs which is 1 inch more and 2 lbs less than me, I just know that to be lifting what PK does I would have to join the army and train for two years to go in JTF2 to be able to be in such good shape.

Maybe they are other guys in the league at (6ft0) with less body fat but I doubt that they have as much muscle mass. Being the Norris trophy winner it's not a stretch to go as far as to say that he could be the most physically in shape player of the league or at least in the top 5.
This is simply incorrect. At just about any prime hour, there are 5 guys at my gym who are more "physically in shape" than he is in this picture, why do you think PRO ATHLETES are in worse shape? You think of all the NHL players, there aren't 5 that are in better shape than PK?

Have you seen Stamkos and Bogosian dead lifting 500 lbs?

MarleauApologist is offline   Reply With Quote