HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Could the Habs offersheet Kadri?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-20-2013, 11:08 PM
  #51
Rscorpio
Epic Meal Time!
 
Rscorpio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Santiago, Chile
Country: Chile
Posts: 2,822
vCash: 500
sooo we get rid of Moen???



Yeah! sure

Rscorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2013, 11:28 PM
  #52
Corncob
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,910
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Some of you guys didn't read the article. Yeah, they'd match. the fun part is ****ing over their cap structure.
And the less fun part is when they do it back.

Corncob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2013, 11:39 PM
  #53
Stripper
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 645
vCash: 500
He's 6'00? too small... doesn't fight... has no grit.. close the thread .

Stripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2013, 11:45 PM
  #54
Teufelsdreck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 14,264
vCash: 500
It's futile to tender an offer sheet to a RFA when the team holding his rights can easily match it. Besides, while Kadri is talented, he wouldn't meet the Habs' most pressing needs.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2013, 11:45 PM
  #55
Issacar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 943
vCash: 500
I'd rather keep my draft picks then have Kadri.

Issacar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2013, 11:46 PM
  #56
Issacar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 943
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
It's futile to tender an offer sheet to a RFA when the team holding his rights can easily match it. Besides, while Kadri is talented, he wouldn't meet the Habs' most pressing needs.
Easily match it is a big word for a team that has only 4.9M$ Under the cap and still has Cody Franson to resign. David Clarksson's contract might just bite the Leafs in the ass sooner then they expected.

Issacar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2013, 12:03 AM
  #57
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service
 
Watsatheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,304
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corncob View Post
And the less fun part is when they do it back.
We only have Eller/Subban/Galchenyuk/Gallagher/Tinordi/Beaulieu that'll be RFAs in 1 or 2 years.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2013, 12:06 AM
  #58
WhiskeySeven
President of Canada
 
WhiskeySeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 13,992
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Issacar View Post
I'd rather keep my draft picks then have Kadri.
Low 20s draft picks versus Kadri + infuriating the Leafs??

No brainier.

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2013, 12:11 AM
  #59
Issacar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 943
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Low 20s draft picks versus Kadri + infuriating the Leafs??

No brainier.
We're probably looking at 4x 1st round picks. Let's see some of the last low 20s we drafted...

2013 - McCarron
2010 - Tinordi
2007 - Pacioretty

You sure you are ready to give up on these players + another pick? For Kadri who had what? Half a good season so far in his career? (Not saying he doesn't have potential, but still...).

And yes I believe that if you want to make an offer sheet with the serious intention of drawing Kadri out of Toronto it'll need to be beyond 5M$.

Issacar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2013, 12:15 AM
  #60
Issacar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 943
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Issacar View Post
We're probably looking at 4x 1st round picks. Let's see some of the last low 20s we drafted...


And yes I believe that if you want to make an offer sheet with the serious intention of drawing Kadri out of Toronto it'll need to be beyond 5M$.
Actually that's not exact, I misread the wiki page :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Offer_sheet

I was lookign at the first column instead of the 2nd. It'd be more around the likes of 1st + 2nd + 3rd picks rather then 4x 1st picks.

Issacar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2013, 12:21 AM
  #61
Frozenice
the random dude
 
Frozenice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,343
vCash: 500
Something along the lines of Gallagher + a 1st for Kadri I'd be okay with. They have a shortage of centers so I don't see how they could not match. As far as retaliation goes, who cares?

Frozenice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2013, 12:25 AM
  #62
Issacar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 943
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
Something along the lines of Gallagher + a 1st for Kadri I'd be okay with. They have a shortage of centers so I don't see how they could not match. As far as retaliation goes, who cares?
They have 4.9M$ under the cap and has also Cody Franson to resign. Both wants more then 3M$ per. If you throw in a 5M$+ offer they might match. But then they would have to trade Kessel or Phaneuf before the season start so they can roll Under the cap. (Could always trade someone else too, I was just pointing out 2 potable UFA).

Issacar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2013, 12:36 AM
  #63
Frozenice
the random dude
 
Frozenice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,343
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Issacar View Post
They have 4.9M$ under the cap and has also Cody Franson to resign. Both wants more then 3M$ per. If you throw in a 5M$+ offer they might match. But then they would have to trade Kessel or Phaneuf before the season start so they can roll Under the cap. (Could always trade someone else too, I was just pointing out 2 potable UFA).
What do you mean they "could always trade someone else, too" instead of trading Kessel or Phaneuf?

No more hanging around Habsterix for you, you're becoming undone, lol.

Frozenice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2013, 12:46 AM
  #64
Draft
Registered User
 
Draft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,978
vCash: 500
A point often forgotten - Players need to sign and agree to the offer sheet.

If Kadri wants to play here and will sign an offer sheet, I'd never say no to a young, highly skilled player who seemed capable of top-6 responsibilities. Do whatever you can to make room for him for the right price.

If they attempt to sign our players to offer sheets; good riddance to the players that would sign with the Leafs.

Draft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2013, 12:55 AM
  #65
WhiskeySeven
President of Canada
 
WhiskeySeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 13,992
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Issacar View Post
We're probably looking at 4x 1st round picks. Let's see some of the last low 20s we drafted...

2013 - McCarron
2010 - Tinordi
2007 - Pacioretty

You sure you are ready to give up on these players + another pick? For Kadri who had what? Half a good season so far in his career? (Not saying he doesn't have potential, but still...).

And yes I believe that if you want to make an offer sheet with the serious intention of drawing Kadri out of Toronto it'll need to be beyond 5M$.
What the hell are you rambling about? It's not 4 first rounders we're talking about, it's one.

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2013, 01:05 AM
  #66
Issacar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 943
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
What the hell are you rambling about? It's not 4 first rounders we're talking about, it's one.
Maybe you want to look at the next post? Mr. Captain Obvious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
What do you mean they "could always trade someone else, too" instead of trading Kessel or Phaneuf?

No more hanging around Habsterix for you, you're becoming undone, lol.
I meant, I suggested Kessel and Phaneuf because they might be UFA but they could trade anyone else to free up cap space if necessary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
A point often forgotten - Players need to sign and agree to the offer sheet.

If Kadri wants to play here and will sign an offer sheet, I'd never say no to a young, highly skilled player who seemed capable of top-6 responsibilities. Do whatever you can to make room for him for the right price.

If they attempt to sign our players to offer sheets; good riddance to the players that would sign with the Leafs.
If you make an hostile offer sheet, it won,t be for the right price, you will have to overpay, otehrwise the team who owns the right of said player will match your offer (see Shea Weber for an example).

Issacar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2013, 03:24 AM
  #67
Wolfgang Krauser
LETS BURN IT UP
 
Wolfgang Krauser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,618
vCash: 500
It would be a smart tactic for any rival team to use, however it's important to note that many GM's have a high level of respect for each other. Players like Subban not receiving an offer while he was an RFA will just show to prove that the Habs likely won't be offering RFA's contract(out of respect).

Wolfgang Krauser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2013, 06:57 AM
  #68
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan
 
Dr Gonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bat Country
Posts: 4,367
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singh66 View Post
It would be a smart tactic for any rival team to use, however it's important to note that many GM's have a high level of respect for each other. Players like Subban not receiving an offer while he was an RFA will just show to prove that the Habs likely won't be offering RFA's contract(out of respect).
I heard whispers that the Flyers tried to OS Subban twice, but he refused to sign both times.

Now I can't actually prove it, and the Flyers are well...the Flyers, so it doesn't really count in terms of respect.

Dr Gonzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2013, 07:05 AM
  #69
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis
 
Blind Gardien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Four Winds Bar
Country: France
Posts: 19,560
vCash: 500
It's safer to do the offersheets to teams which might be cash-strapped moreso than cap-strapped, like the Sens, say, instead of the Leafs. I'd rather offersheet Cowen, therefore, at least there would be some miniscule chance of actually getting the player. You wouldn't get Kadri. The Leafs can trade or bury Liles if they want, free up another $3M there, for example, they aren't going to be stuck to match on Kadri. And they have ample money to engage in revenge attempts down the road.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2013, 07:23 AM
  #70
Miller Time
Registered User
 
Miller Time's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 8,167
vCash: 500
That would be a sure fire way to kiss Subban goodbye...

Could you imagine his reaction after getting lowballed on the "bridge" only to see GMMB then offer up a huge payday to some other 1 st year RFA.

We couldn't be that stupid, could we ?

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2013, 07:25 AM
  #71
PricePkPatch
Registered User
 
PricePkPatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,956
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
You know what ****ing sucks? That this offseason is killing me and it's probably the shortest one we'll see in a long time. This is ****ing brutal.
For me, the offseason started the 7th of May. So I have a shorter offseason.. Let's say, if we get in the finals

PricePkPatch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2013, 07:26 AM
  #72
dreamingofdrouin*
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,677
vCash: 500
If we did this...I would make sure Subban is signed up long term first. But I still don't think I would do it. And I'm 99% sure Bergevin wouldn't. Wouldn't show much character on his part....the offer sheet is thought of as a grease ball move.

We would never get kadri....anything beyond the leafs reach would be an idiotic overpayment and anything within it would be matched...the most damage we would do is force them to maybe not resign franson and trade a less wanted part for nothing...liles most likely.

That damage to them would not be worth the damage it would do to bergy's reputation, (closing doors with other gm's) and the birth of potential pushback from the leafs in a year or two or forever.

dreamingofdrouin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2013, 07:42 AM
  #73
Teufelsdreck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 14,264
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Issacar View Post
Easily match it is a big word for a team that has only 4.9M$ Under the cap and still has Cody Franson to resign. David Clarksson's contract might just bite the Leafs in the ass sooner then they expected.
Toronto would find a way to retain Kadri, easily or not.

What would it do to the Habs' cap? And how would they be able to retain Subban when he becomes a UFA? Not to mention the loss of draft picks and the flexibility to plug other holes. Bad idea, Issacar.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2013, 07:45 AM
  #74
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,511
vCash: 500
Not a fan of offer sheets.

1-you overpay just like UFA's
2-you still give up big assets(1st round picks)
3-you piss off taht team and others so your RFA's are at risk the following year

Monctonscout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2013, 08:16 AM
  #75
habsfanatics
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,707
vCash: 500
Kadri is a stud imo, definitely worth the picks required to make a push, however, there is no chance the leafs don't match, their cap problems aren't really a problem at all. They'd maneuver their way through this without issue, I don't see the point in it tbh.

habsfanatics is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:27 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.