HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Introduction Thread!

Closed Thread

Old
07-06-2013, 11:19 PM
SgtJoseph*

vCash: 500
I do not recall doing one of these when I started hanging out here a few years ago so I guess I better jump in..

Name: Joe

LOCATION : Grew up Westville New Jersey ( South Jersey), Retired from the Airforce and now live in North West Florida.

FAVORITE TEAMS : Flyers, Phillies, Iggles,

MOST HATED TEAMS : PENS

FAVORITE PLAYERS : Doug Favell,Bernie Parent, Bobby Clarke, Moose Dupont, Cowboy Bill Flett, Big Bird Saleski, Hammer Schultz, the whole Broadstreet bullies team .

FLYERS FAN SINCE : Day 1 1967, I was 9 years old and a happy lad that hockey was coming to Philly. I use to go watch the old EHL league Jersey Devils at the Cherry Hill arena back in those days as well.

POSITION : I played goalie, wore the old school Cooper pads filled with Deer hair etc.Doug Favell and Bernie Parent were my favorites in my early days, I remember painting my first mask Orange like Doug Favells.

Old
07-07-2013, 03:35 AM
OzFlyers
Registered Boozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtJoseph View Post
I do not recall doing one of these when I started hanging out here a few years ago so I guess I better jump in..

Name: Joe

LOCATION : Grew up Westville New Jersey ( South Jersey), Retired from the Airforce and now live in North West Florida.

FAVORITE TEAMS : Flyers, Phillies, Iggles,

MOST HATED TEAMS : PENS

FAVORITE PLAYERS : Doug Favell,Bernie Parent, Bobby Clarke, Moose Dupont, Cowboy Bill Flett, Big Bird Saleski, Hammer Schultz, the whole Broadstreet bullies team .

FLYERS FAN SINCE : Day 1 1967, I was 9 years old and a happy lad that hockey was coming to Philly. I use to go watch the old EHL league Jersey Devils at the Cherry Hill arena back in those days as well.

POSITION : I played goalie, wore the old school Cooper pads filled with Deer hair etc.Doug Favell and Bernie Parent were my favorites in my early days, I remember painting my first mask Orange like Doug Favells.

Same age as me. We probably fought over stray pucks at Devils games when we were kids! I was a big Devils fan!!!

Last edited by OzFlyers: 07-07-2013 at 04:32 AM.
Old
07-07-2013, 10:23 AM
SgtJoseph*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzFlyer View Post
Same age as me. We probably fought over stray pucks at Devils games when we were kids! I was a big Devils fan!!!
LOL..........Loved the old EHL , some damn good tough hockey back then. One of my favorites was Jamie Kanady the old enforcer.

Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 07-07-2013 at 06:59 PM. Reason: Fixed the quote feature
Old
07-07-2013, 04:45 PM
OzFlyers
Registered Boozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtJoseph View Post
LOL..........Loved the old EHL , some damn good tough hockey back then. One of my favorites was Jamie Kanady the old enforcer.
Have you checked out this EHL Facebook Group? Some great old photos. https://www.facebook.com/groups/129103506589/

Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 07-07-2013 at 07:00 PM. Reason: Fixed the quote feature
Old
07-07-2013, 06:44 PM
SgtJoseph*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzFlyer View Post
Have you checked out this EHL Facebook Group? Some great old photos. https://www.facebook.com/groups/129103506589/
Thank you ! : )

Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 07-07-2013 at 07:00 PM. Reason: Fixed the quote feature
Old
07-07-2013, 08:46 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broad Street Nj View Post
Name: Kevin
Favorite teams: Phillies Eagles Flyers
Favorite players: Giroux Couturier Schenn love them young guys but Pronger any 1 defenseman lol
Most hated team: Pens devils and rangers plus the bruins
Top Line: Giroux carter and Richards
Coburn timmonen
Never played hockey football baseball background but hockey is my new number one even after the Phillies championship
Welcome

Old
07-07-2013, 08:47 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pude View Post
Name: Lasse

Favorite Teams: Flyers, HIFK

Most hated team: Pens, Canucks, Jokerit, Sweden(ofc )

Favorite Players: Kimmo Timonen, Scott Hartnell, Claude Giroux, Daniel Briere(playoff switch eh?), Saku Koivu

Been a lurker of the flyers(and HFboards) for a while but what made it was the '10 finals run, HBL line, coming from 0-3 against boston, godlike timeouts by Lavi. Always liked the Flyers and their style before that but that season made it for me.

Anyways, Hi
Welcome!!

Old
07-07-2013, 08:51 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broad Street Nj View Post
Name: Kevin
Favorite teams: Phillies Eagles Flyers
Favorite players: Giroux Couturier Schenn love them young guys but Pronger any 1 defenseman lol
Most hated team: Pens devils and rangers plus the bruins
Top Line: Giroux carter and Richards
Coburn timmonen
Never played hockey football baseball background but hockey is my new number one even after the Phillies championship
Welcome. Lose the birds.
Cowboys

Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 07-08-2013 at 09:38 PM. Reason: Users have requested that fixed posts not be allowed
Old
07-17-2013, 06:15 AM
martz11

Name: Ryan

Favorite Team(s): Flyers

Most Hated Team(s): Everyone not associated with the Flyers

Favorite Player(s): Eric Lindros, Claude Giroux, Keith Primeau

Most Hated Player(s): Darcy Tucker, Tie Domi, Sidney Crosby

Position: Haven't played in a few years but defense

Flyers fan since: B.C.

Old
08-21-2013, 05:54 AM
Fragmuffin

Name: Matej

Favorite Team(s):Medvescak, Flyers, kinda like the Avs (because of Joe Sakic), Dinamo

Most Hated Team(s): Pens, Jets, Bruins, KAC, Hajduk Split

Favorite Player(s): Roman Cechmanek, Peter Forsberg, Chris Pronger, Joe Sakic, Claude Giroux, Jakub Voracek, Frank Banham, Jaromir Jagr

Most Hated Player(s): Chara, Lucic, S. Thornton, Cooke, kinde of a long list but here's to name a few

POstiton: RW (but i'm pretty bad)

Flyers fan since: 98

reading this board for 3-4 years now... i really like the posts even though people here tend to put the HFboards down a bit really the best forum for hockey! Generally think that the Flyers section is the best of the lot!

Looking forward to some good banter Cheerz!!

Old
08-21-2013, 07:18 AM
FlyersFan61290

Welcome

Old
08-21-2013, 09:45 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fragmuffin View Post
Name: Matej

Favorite Team(s):Medvescak, Flyers, kinda like the Avs (because of Joe Sakic), Dinamo

Most Hated Team(s): Pens, Jets, Bruins, KAC, Hajduk Split

Favorite Player(s): Roman Cechmanek, Peter Forsberg, Chris Pronger, Joe Sakic, Claude Giroux, Jakub Voracek, Frank Banham, Jaromir Jagr

Most Hated Player(s): Chara, Lucic, S. Thornton, Cooke, kinde of a long list but here's to name a few

POstiton: RW (but i'm pretty bad)

Flyers fan since: 98

reading this board for 3-4 years now... i really like the posts even though people here tend to put the HFboards down a bit really the best forum for hockey! Generally think that the Flyers section is the best of the lot!

Looking forward to some good banter Cheerz!!
Welcome!

Old
08-21-2013, 10:17 PM
The Couturier Effect

Just noticing this now...

Name: Ryan

Favorite Teams: Flyers, Phillies, Eagles

Most Hated Teams: Pens, Pens, Pens, Devils, Pens, Hawks (It'll pass, I'm still bitter)

Favorite Players: Lindros, Gagne, Richie, Giroux, Pronger, Marty St. Louis, Bergeron...there's a lot more I just can't think of them on the spot.

Most Hated Players: Crosby and the rest of his punk teammates, Matt Cooke, PK Subban...also a lot more. EDIT: Oh yeah, Patrick Kane!

Position: Uh, I never really played organized hockey but I like playing RW.

Flyers Fans Since: 93

Love talking hockey on here!

Old
11-04-2013, 02:18 PM
Tomanista

Name: Tommy

Favorite Team(s): Flyers, As Roma

Most Hated Team(s): Penguins, Lightning, Devils

Favorite Player(s): Renberg, Forsberg, Hextall, Primeau, Lindros, Lidström, Zetterberg, Johan Hedberg

Most Hated Player(s): Ruslan Fedotenko, Scott Stevens, Crosby, Brodeur (Love/hate)

Position: Can barely skate but I would've been a goalie.

Flyers fan since: Long Story in long form. 1992 Favourite Movie = Young Guns 2, got the soundtrack by Bon Jovi. Bon Jovi is from Jersey so in 93/94 when a kid in my class had a brochure with fan apparel and fan club addresses to NHL teams, New Jersey Devils caught my eye so I "picked" them. But then I started collecting Hockey Cards and for some reason I started collecting the Flyers, no idea why really, but they became my team in the group of kids trading cards.

Of course, the season after the switch the Devils won the Cup and that's pretty much sums up my life since then...

Spent every morning before school (pre-internet and channels showing games) watching the results on Swedish Television Teletext and there were ups and downs, the Legion of Doom-days, 96 finals that I didn't see a minute of live, only saw in printed form or on the Sports news. Keeping up with the roster through the hockey cards and NHL on the Playstation.

But it was the Playoff of 2000 that hooked me, Watching highlights with horrible quality on the 56k, waking up for school and having the WTF-moment when the game against Penguins wasn't finished yet and then seeing Primeaus goal in the computer room at school. Damn, those were the days. well, at least until the CF vs Devils...

The countless night not going to bed until 3-4 in the morning, the early summers watching the playoffs as the sun was coming up. The 03/04-playoffs with the OT-winner vs Maple Leafs after Kapanen getting leveled and JR scoring, f-ing Fedotenko scoring like crazy on us in the CF. The road to the latest Stanley Cup Final. the comeback vs. Bruins... When we were 3-0 down in the first in G7 I made the call of going to bed (I know, stupid). I just didn't wanna spend the night and facing the disappointment of losing and I had to work late the following day so I couldn't justify staying up.

So I wake up in the morning, half asleep I pick up my phone and start the NHL Gamecenter app to see what the damage was. I see the numbers "4-3". "4-3" in the series, no brain, the game ended 4-3. 4-3 to who? Well Boston right? No.. Flyers? WTF! Luckily I had taped the game so I just turned on the TV and watched it. I was shaking and even if I knew the result it felt like watching it live because I still couldn't believe it.

And here I am after lurking for maybe 4-5 years enjoying the GDT- and nostalgia threads and everything in between.

Old
11-04-2013, 04:54 PM
MadFerIt95*

Name: Frank

Favorite Teams: All Philadelphia teams, Also kind of like the Sharks and Canucks

Most Hated teams: Penguins, Bruins, Rangers, Devils, Cowboys, Giants, Steelers, Patriots, Redskins, Mets, Braves, Nationals, Celtics, Knicks, Lakers, and Nets. I hate a lot of teams lol

Most Loved players: Keith Primeau, Kimmo Timonen, Simon Gagne, Wayne Simmonds, Mike Richards, CHris Pronger, Joe Sakic, Jarome Iginla, LeSean McCoy, Brian Dawkins, Brian Westbrook, Sheldon Brown, Andre Iguadola, Allen Iverson, Jrue Holiday, Dikembe Mutumbo, Russel Westbrook, Chase Utley, Cliff Lee, Shane Victorino, Jimmy Rollins, Jose Mesa, Danny Briere

Most Hated Players: Evgeni Malkin, Sidney Crosby, Brad Marchand, Zdeno Chara, Jay Rosehill, Jeff Carter, Kevin Garnett, Ben Roethlisberger, Alex Rodriguez, Rick Nash, Terrel Owens, Dez Bryant, Victor Cruz, Andrew Bynum

Position: The biggest regret of my life is never playing hockey as a kid, hope to maybe play some later in my life

Flyers fan since: Keith Primeau's heroics in the 2004 Playoffs. Amazing team, pissed that we didn't win that year.

Old
11-09-2013, 10:51 AM
krasy

Name: Krasimir

Favorite Teams: Flyers, Levski Sofia (Bulgarian Soccer team)

Most Hated teams: maybe Devils

Most Loved players: Keith Primeau, Kimmo Timonen, Simon Gagne, Mike Richards, Claude Giroux, Sean Couturier, John Leclair, Eric Lindros

Most Hated Players: Evgeni Malkin, Brodeur

Position: i play volleyball as a setter

Flyers fan since: 1998

Old
11-09-2013, 11:08 AM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomanista View Post
Name: Tommy

Flyers fan since: Long Story in long form. 1992 Favourite Movie = Young Guns 2, got the soundtrack by Bon Jovi. Bon Jovi is from Jersey so in 93/94 when a kid in my class had a brochure with fan apparel and fan club addresses to NHL teams, New Jersey Devils caught my eye so I "picked" them. But then I started collecting Hockey Cards and for some reason I started collecting the Flyers, no idea why really, but they became my team in the group of kids trading cards.

Of course, the season after the switch the Devils won the Cup and that's pretty much sums up my life since then...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankM95149 View Post
Name: Frank

Position: The biggest regret of my life is never playing hockey as a kid, hope to maybe play some later in my life
It's never too late to start. I stopped playing for about ten years; got back into the game as a player/coach for a men's league team a couple years ago. Most of the guys on my team didn't play as kids and some had never skated before playing on the team. It's a lot of fun to see the guys improve over time. At any skill level, hockey is a blast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krasy View Post
Name: Krasimir

Position: i play volleyball as a setter

Welcome to you all!

11-09-2013, 11:12 AM
krasy

@CanadianFlyer88
Thanks!

Old
11-21-2013, 06:42 AM
Jordan14

Name: Jordan

Favorite Teams: Flyers, Collingwood (australian footy team)

completely new to nhl so I don't no anything, so I'll answers the next questions on afl (australian football league)

Most Hated teams: Carlton, Hawthorn, Essendon

Most Loved players: Nathan Buckley, Dane Swan, Scott Pendlebury

Most Hated Players: Dale Thomas

Position: centre/small forward/small back (they all afl positions ) I have recently being trying to learn to skate and had a look at some local hockey clubs, would love to play.

Flyers fan since: 2012

Old
11-21-2013, 07:51 AM
Flyersfan1493
Formerly Go For It

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan14 View Post

completely new to nhl so I don't no anything, so I'll answers the next questions on afl (australian football league)

Position: centre/small forward/small back (they all afl positions ) I have recently being trying to learn to skate and had a look at some local hockey clubs, would love to play.

Nice! How did you become interested in hockey?

Old
11-21-2013, 10:32 AM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

^

And if you're completely new to the NHL, why would you choose a team that, until two nights ago, was at the bottom of the worst division in the league?

Welcome!

Old
11-21-2013, 01:59 PM
OzFlyers
Registered Boozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan14 View Post

Welcome to another Aussie Flyers fan. That makes three (at least) on here now!

ps.. go Swans!

Last edited by OzFlyers: 11-21-2013 at 02:20 PM.
Old
11-21-2013, 09:20 PM
Jordan14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go For It View Post
Nice! How did you become interested in hockey?
hi, they showed a hockey game on tv don't remember who it was and I loved the fast paced game and the crashes and I decided to go to see Melbourne Ice which is the biggest hockey team in melbourne (I would think Australia) but they aren't even profesional and still loved it.

Last edited by Jordan14: 11-21-2013 at 09:27 PM.
Old
12-17-2013, 10:53 PM
loael

Name: John

Favorite Teams: Flyers

Most Hated Teams: pens,

Favorite Players: Briere, Couturier, Richards

Most Hated Players: pk subban , ovechkin

Flyers Fans Since: 2009-2010

I remember going to flyers games when I was younger but I got really into it after 2010 playoffs with my dad. My dad was a flyers fan since the 80s but stopped caring until I had the game on every night, and now we watch most games.

Old
12-31-2013, 06:15 PM
SalaciousCrumb

Name: Burg

Favorite Teams: Flyers, Mets, Bills - no secondary teams allowed...

Most Hated teams: NHL: Sabres, Rangers, Penguins, MLB: Phillies/Braves, NFL: Giants/Redskins/Cowboys...

Most Loved players: Hextall, Lindros, Parent, Lindbergh, Renberg, Leach, Macleish, Graves - 'cause he was cool to my nephews...

Most Hated Players: any Sabre, any Ranger, any Penguin...if I had to name names, Crosby, Malkin, Kunitz, Flower, Callahan, Hasek, B May, Kane, Avery, C Orr, Kessel, Chara...

Position: Goalie, with the back and knees to prove it...

Flyers fan since: 1978 f me, my dad was in the M&T boxes at the Aud for the Fog game, and also saw Rick Martin stretchered off against the Rangers...I'm obviously from Buffalo

Closed Thread