HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ALL JERSEY TALK HERE - [Who Needs Eisbaren Berlin When It's Flyers Season] Part five.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-18-2013, 10:05 PM
  #876
Crescent Street
Saturday Nite Hockey
 
Crescent Street's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Long Island
Posts: 2,538
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonHextall27 View Post
Decided to add a non Flyers sweater to my collection. This one will get the name bar stripped and converted to MacKinnon.
Interesting jersey choice there, especially since he ended up never playing a game for the Avs.

Crescent Street is offline  
Old
08-18-2013, 10:17 PM
  #877
RonHextall27
Registered User
 
RonHextall27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Halifax, NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 79
vCash: 500
It is a game issued Edge 2.0 from MeiGray. It was selected more for the size, number, and price. Not for Jeff Jillson lol. I was wanting to get a Nate sweater anyway but was waiting to hear what number he would be wearing. Since they announced 29 last week, that's what I bought. Strip off the old name bar and sew on the new one, no screwing with numbers.

RonHextall27 is offline  
Old
08-18-2013, 10:40 PM
  #878
Crescent Street
Saturday Nite Hockey
 
Crescent Street's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Long Island
Posts: 2,538
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonHextall27 View Post
It is a game issued Edge 2.0 from MeiGray. It was selected more for the size, number, and price. Not for Jeff Jillson lol. I was wanting to get a Nate sweater anyway but was waiting to hear what number he would be wearing. Since they announced 29 last week, that's what I bought. Strip off the old name bar and sew on the new one, no screwing with numbers.
That makes the jersey a lot less interesting

Good idea though.

Crescent Street is offline  
Old
08-19-2013, 09:20 AM
  #879
StandingCow
Registered User
 
StandingCow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 3,622
vCash: 500
So where is a good place to send a jersey to get altered? Any suggestions?

StandingCow is offline  
Old
08-20-2013, 10:28 AM
  #880
P0W3R 5E2G3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Senamensing, NJ
Country: Oman
Posts: 16
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StandingCow View Post
So where is a good place to send a jersey to get altered? Any suggestions?
In my limited experience, I've found that it all depends on what kind of jersey you have- From what I've read, Ruberti's seems to be the best bet as far as the older Edge Jerseys whereas Philly Express does the more recent Flyers customization.

Each team may have their own customizer for any given period of time so you have to be careful with how you approach it.

I recently joined the forum community over at Ice Jerseys and they seem to have a pretty good community who are all well informed on this topic so I would check there as well-- JohnnyOnTheSpot is the resident expert on Flyers jersey customization and is actually helping me get two of the old black Edges done so if that's the direction you're headed it can't hurt to get his opinion.

Hope that helps, I'm new to this as well and have already begun stockpiling random jerseys to get done.

P0W3R 5E2G3 is offline  
Old
08-21-2013, 09:02 AM
  #881
thk25
Registered User
 
thk25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 44
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by P0W3R 5E2G3 View Post
In my limited experience, I've found that it all depends on what kind of jersey you have- From what I've read, Ruberti's seems to be the best bet as far as the older Edge Jerseys whereas Philly Express does the more recent Flyers customization.

Each team may have their own customizer for any given period of time so you have to be careful with how you approach it.

I recently joined the forum community over at Ice Jerseys and they seem to have a pretty good community who are all well informed on this topic so I would check there as well-- JohnnyOnTheSpot is the resident expert on Flyers jersey customization and is actually helping me get two of the old black Edges done so if that's the direction you're headed it can't hurt to get his opinion.

Hope that helps, I'm new to this as well and have already begun stockpiling random jerseys to get done.
I would add that if you want to get anything done by Ruberti's go through Johnny. If not you are rolling the dice and will probably get something totally wrong.

thk25 is offline  
Old
08-21-2013, 09:31 AM
  #882
flountown
Registered User
 
flountown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 1,367
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by P0W3R 5E2G3 View Post
I'm new to this as well and have already begun stockpiling random jerseys to get done.
As you are new, take my recommendation, stop stockpiling and start getting them customized. I still have about 4-5 different jerseys I want to get done, but I always put them off because I would spend the money to customize on a SUPER GREAT DEAL GIMME type auctions and craigslist finds. Force yourself to never have more than 2 to get customized and go from there as opposed to accumulating projects. As of now, I currently have the following projects:

Keith Primeau - 2004 Black
Mark Howe w/ Lindbergh patch
Danny Briere 2010 SCF Edge 1.0
Theo Fluery Belfast Giants
Chris Pronger 2007 SCF Black Ducks
Rod Brind'Amour 2006 SCF White (Although I really want to find the red, but it's effin impossible to find 6100's it seems.)
Papelbon Cream jersey, was originally worn by a base coach so the 58 is already there, need to finish stripping it and get the name off.
Ninja Edit: Also have a Winter Classic jersey that I am still deciding on who to turn it into, will likely go Giroux.


See how that all adds up? It is frustrating.

flountown is offline  
Old
08-21-2013, 12:40 PM
  #883
leclair1088
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 309
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by P0W3R 5E2G3 View Post
I haven't yet gotten into the habit of immediately inspecting my jerseys yet, but when I get home I will check-- I'm pretty sure the stuff is sewn on
You ever get a chance to check it out?

leclair1088 is offline  
Old
08-21-2013, 01:04 PM
  #884
P0W3R 5E2G3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Senamensing, NJ
Country: Oman
Posts: 16
vCash: 500
Alright, I will definitely take that under advisement-- thanks for the tip : )

I already have 4-5 blanks to get done, a couple of which are non-Flyers which complicates things even more lol, I can definitely see what you mean

As far as the Datsyuk, honestly, no I forgot-- Sorry, I will do so tonight and maybe I'll take some pictures to make up for my absentmindedness

P0W3R 5E2G3 is offline  
Old
08-21-2013, 01:08 PM
  #885
P0W3R 5E2G3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Senamensing, NJ
Country: Oman
Posts: 16
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flountown View Post
Ninja Edit: Also have a Winter Classic jersey that I am still deciding on who to turn it into, will likely go Giroux.
Is that a 2010 or 2012 Winter Classic? I just bought a team-issue (supposedly) 2010 one and it arrived at my house today so I think I may do the same (Giroux)

If it's the 2012, may I ask where you got it and if you would kindly direct me to the aforementioned place/person of possible procurement? (alliteration FTW!) sorry for the double post


Last edited by P0W3R 5E2G3: 08-21-2013 at 01:16 PM.
P0W3R 5E2G3 is offline  
Old
08-21-2013, 06:02 PM
  #886
Flyers845
Registered User
 
Flyers845's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Philadelphia Pa
Country: United States
Posts: 698
vCash: 500
http://www.apimages.com/metadata/Ind...84ca68b304/6/0

http://www.meigray.com/edealinv/serv...4546&scId=4546

Is this a match? To the black mark on the lower left part of the hem?

I think it is

Flyers845 is offline  
Old
08-21-2013, 07:12 PM
  #887
P0W3R 5E2G3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Senamensing, NJ
Country: Oman
Posts: 16
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leclair1088 View Post
You ever get a chance to check it out?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/11999701@N05/9567171612/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11999701@N05/9564379127/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11999701@N05/9564378871/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11999701@N05/9564378717/

Do these work? As you can see... well, take a look and let me know if you want any more pictures

P0W3R 5E2G3 is offline  
Old
08-21-2013, 08:31 PM
  #888
leclair1088
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 309
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by P0W3R 5E2G3 View Post
So we can confirm it's sewn?

thanks

leclair1088 is offline  
Old
08-22-2013, 09:41 AM
  #889
StandingCow
Registered User
 
StandingCow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 3,622
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StandingCow View Post
Modell's is selling Briere premier jerseys for 50 bucks, figure this would be a good grab, then send it away to get altered, might turn out to be a good deal:

http://www.modells.com/product/phila...ellers&from=fn

What's a good place to get jerseys altered anyway?
BTW, these appear sewn. Got mine in the other day.

StandingCow is offline  
Old
08-22-2013, 06:05 PM
  #890
Flyers845
Registered User
 
Flyers845's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Philadelphia Pa
Country: United States
Posts: 698
vCash: 500
Darrol powe 2009-2010 set 3 playoffs









Photomatched to this hit (mark on lower left hem) in the famous comeback in game seven down 0-3 in the series then 0-3 in game seven to comeback and win the series will be a memory forever. Still looking to photomatch the red mark on the sleeve number

Flyers845 is offline  
Old
08-22-2013, 08:01 PM
  #891
flountown
Registered User
 
flountown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 1,367
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by P0W3R 5E2G3 View Post
Is that a 2010 or 2012 Winter Classic?
It is a 2012 WC 2.0. I got it from Pro League Authentics during the run up to the WC when it was believed that no authentics were going to be made. Only jersey I have ever paid full retail. Good luck, but I doubt those of us who ponied up for them have any plans of liquidating.

From another post, check out the IJ thread I started, should be stickied, on the official team customizers. I am lucky enough that I know Pro League can handle all of the jerseys I want excluding the Pronger Ducks. The Fluery is off the wall, but it is an easy enough kit to reproduce from pictures that I have gathered in my research.

flountown is offline  
Old
08-23-2013, 07:41 AM
  #892
RonHextall27
Registered User
 
RonHextall27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Halifax, NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 79
vCash: 500
Yeah thanks to that IJ thread I have Denver Athletics doing the MacKinnon name bar for my Av's sweater. They usually don't do one off's like this but since the 'new guy' as they call him is a home town kid for me they made an exception. Good thing too because the pattern on the letters would have been tough to replicate.

RonHextall27 is offline  
Old
08-26-2013, 10:43 PM
  #893
funghoul
retardo montalbon
 
funghoul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: upper drugs
Country: United States
Posts: 1,671
vCash: 500
does anyone know anything about a possible new third or bringing back the winter classics. Seems like a waste that we'll never wear em again considering how cool they are. It's also insane how rare those authentics are and impossible to find now. I almost said screw it they'll be around later. glad i got one when i did cause they weren't kiddin when they said they weren't makin anymore.

funghoul is offline  
Old
08-26-2013, 11:47 PM
  #894
Boxscore
#oldNHL
 
Boxscore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: 1974-94
Posts: 5,239
vCash: 500
Why would anyone, not related by blood, want a Powe jersey? Honestly.

Boxscore is online now  
Old
08-27-2013, 12:05 AM
  #895
Hollywood Couturier
Moderator
#NoHonorForConnor
 
Hollywood Couturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 20,568
vCash: 500

__________________

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Hollywood Couturier is offline  
Old
08-27-2013, 09:02 AM
  #896
flountown
Registered User
 
flountown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 1,367
vCash: 500
That is a super awesome photo match on the Powe, I just felt that it needed to be said.

flountown is offline  
Old
08-27-2013, 05:48 PM
  #897
Flyers845
Registered User
 
Flyers845's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Philadelphia Pa
Country: United States
Posts: 698
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustafsson View Post
Why would anyone, not related by blood, want a Powe jersey? Honestly.
Whatever floats your boat

Flyers845 is offline  
Old
08-29-2013, 10:12 AM
  #898
thk25
Registered User
 
thk25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 44
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustafsson View Post
Why would anyone, not related by blood, want a Powe jersey? Honestly.
As a proud owner of 9 Powe jerseys (7 authentics, 2 game worns) I can only speak for myself, but I think he is under appreciated. He plays a hard game, and is great on the penalty kill. I became a fan when I saw him playing his ass off when the Flyers were getting blown out, meanwhile everyone else on the bench was just going through the motions.

thk25 is offline  
Old
08-30-2013, 12:01 AM
  #899
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus
 
JohnnyOnTheSpot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 1,904
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thk25 View Post
I would add that if you want to get anything done by Ruberti's go through Johnny. If not you are rolling the dice and will probably get something totally wrong.
I am the Johnny this man speaks of. I'm happy to help anyone, so hit me up on here or IJ and I'll respond, albeit slowly half the time lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flountown View Post
As you are new, take my recommendation, stop stockpiling and start getting them customized. I still have about 4-5 different jerseys I want to get done, but I always put them off because I would spend the money to customize on a SUPER GREAT DEAL GIMME type auctions and craigslist finds. Force yourself to never have more than 2 to get customized and go from there as opposed to accumulating projects. As of now, I currently have the following projects:

Keith Primeau - 2004 Black
Mark Howe w/ Lindbergh patch
Danny Briere 2010 SCF Edge 1.0
Theo Fluery Belfast Giants
Chris Pronger 2007 SCF Black Ducks
Rod Brind'Amour 2006 SCF White (Although I really want to find the red, but it's effin impossible to find 6100's it seems.)
Papelbon Cream jersey, was originally worn by a base coach so the 58 is already there, need to finish stripping it and get the name off.
Ninja Edit: Also have a Winter Classic jersey that I am still deciding on who to turn it into, will likely go Giroux.


See how that all adds up? It is frustrating.
This man speaks the truth. I have like...30ish blanks and around 8 kits I'm too lazy to send to my pal to do up. I'm back-logged like whoa.

JohnnyOnTheSpot is offline  
Old
08-30-2013, 09:05 AM
  #900
pelts35.com
Registered User
 
pelts35.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 11,612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustafsson View Post
Why would anyone, not related by blood, want a Powe jersey? Honestly.
Perhaps the owner of the jersey has a personal connection with him? Maybe he shares the same birthday as Powe? Maybe he just likes how he plays? People start collections for various reasons.

The better question is why you feel the need to ask the question, especially in a manner that is pretty obnoxious?

pelts35.com is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:41 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.