HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Jersey Thread III

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-21-2013, 06:25 PM
  #76
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan
 
JACKETfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Tampa
Country: United States
Posts: 9,239
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by samkow View Post
ya know, i'm generally pro freedom of speech, but did they really have to make the new osu hockey jerseys a giant pro-legalization advertisement?

Kids: Just Say No to Dzingel


JACKETfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2013, 06:44 PM
  #77
CBJ Tiffin
Registered User
 
CBJ Tiffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 363
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKETfan View Post
Kids: Just Say No to Dzingel


I don't know, I'm kinda likin' that dude.

CBJ Tiffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2013, 08:12 PM
  #78
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/
 
Mayor Bee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 17,522
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkow View Post
Ya know, I'm generally pro freedom of speech, but did they really have to make the new OSU Hockey jerseys a giant pro-legalization advertisement?
Must've been designed by Gordon Gee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FANonymous View Post
You're already allowed to smoke buckeyes. The SEC did it a few years in a row last decade.

Mayor Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2013, 02:14 PM
  #79
Speedy Sanderson
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 607
vCash: 500
I've always thought we have some of the better home and road jerseys in the NHL - looks like this guy agrees. I agree with him about the backs of our third jerseys, but I think the front is pretty cool.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/stor...-uniforms-1-30

Speedy Sanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2013, 04:44 PM
  #80
futurcorerock
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Columbus, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 6,831
vCash: 500
Offbeat question:

Bobrovsky '12-'13 SKA St. Petersburg

Where do I find it?

futurcorerock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2013, 08:13 PM
  #81
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan
 
JACKETfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Tampa
Country: United States
Posts: 9,239
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurcorerock View Post
Offbeat question:

Bobrovsky '12-'13 SKA St. Petersburg

Where do I find it?
Holy Crap! Futurecrock! When did you get back in Cbus?

Who's next to reappear, Top Shelf?

JACKETfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2013, 12:30 PM
  #82
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman
 
1857 Howitzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 5,503
vCash: 500
Pick this up at yesterdays game. 2012-13 Adrian Aucoin gamer with trimmed NHL Shield.








1857 Howitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2013, 02:45 PM
  #83
CBJ Tiffin
Registered User
 
CBJ Tiffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 363
vCash: 500
There goes Howitzer, always finding gems.

CBJ Tiffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2013, 02:52 PM
  #84
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman
 
1857 Howitzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 5,503
vCash: 500
Thanks Kevin

1857 Howitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2013, 12:46 AM
  #85
TheOllieC
panthers #badnwagon
 
TheOllieC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Columbus, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 12,290
vCash: 600
How much was that Aucoin?

TheOllieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2013, 09:52 AM
  #86
Iron Balls McGinty
Registered User
 
Iron Balls McGinty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Sec. 203/Worthington
Country: United States
Posts: 2,096
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurcorerock View Post
Offbeat question:

Bobrovsky '12-'13 SKA St. Petersburg

Where do I find it?
Replica can be bought here. Game worn I can't help you.

http://lutchusa.com/index.php?page=s...emart&Itemid=3

Iron Balls McGinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2013, 09:37 PM
  #87
NickyMaz
Registered User
 
NickyMaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Omaha, NE
Country: United States
Posts: 375
vCash: 500
Question, I am interested in buying a CBJ jersey, either a Gaborik or Dubinsky. I think the ones at the arena are overpriced ($200), where would you recommend I look. The NHL Shop online has them for $185 (plus s/h). Sportsk.com has them for $165.

Anyone have any tips for me? Thanks.

NickyMaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2013, 10:28 PM
  #88
Iron Balls McGinty
Registered User
 
Iron Balls McGinty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Sec. 203/Worthington
Country: United States
Posts: 2,096
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyMaz View Post
Question, I am interested in buying a CBJ jersey, either a Gaborik or Dubinsky. I think the ones at the arena are overpriced ($200), where would you recommend I look. The NHL Shop online has them for $185 (plus s/h). Sportsk.com has them for $165.

Anyone have any tips for me? Thanks.
Sportsk has a pretty good reputation for their work on Rangers jerseys from what I've read on their forum. Don't know of anyone who has experience with them for CBJ stuff. I've personally bought a Gretzky oilers jersey from them but it was not completely stitched. They didn't do the custom work, just happened to be reselling an official nhl throwback replica.

Don't but from NHL.com. It's overpriced and they only heat press, not stitched. The only stitched ones they do are the winter classic jerseys from recent knowledge.

Iron Balls McGinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2013, 11:07 PM
  #89
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman
 
1857 Howitzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 5,503
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyMaz View Post
Question, I am interested in buying a CBJ jersey, either a Gaborik or Dubinsky. I think the ones at the arena are overpriced ($200), where would you recommend I look. The NHL Shop online has them for $185 (plus s/h). Sportsk.com has them for $165.

Anyone have any tips for me? Thanks.
This really is not an easy question to answer. First off this is just my opinion, but the Reebok replica's are garbage and IMO the extra spent on an authentic is well worth it. But then you run into another problem in that the correct authentics (Edge 2.0 with the wordmark logo) that someone like Gaborik or Dubinsky wear is not for sale to the public anyway so if you want an authentic you have to settle for the older style Edge 1.0's with the vector logo. Still IMO a Edge 1.0 is miles ahead of a replica and their screen printed patches. And for the sake of being brief I'm not even going to cover Indgo Edge jerseys.

Now on to the lettering. The Blue Line seems to get it right most of the time, but their E's are wrong and they use the wrong material for the nameplates, but they are sewn on and look good for the most part. NHL.com is heatpressed junk. Sports K I am not sure how their work looks, but a lot of pleases out there use the totally wrong font on the letters and numbers and they just look bad. I have sent jerseys to exclusivepro.com and other then their E's are wrong they do good work, but I'm not sure what they charge now days. If I had to guess somewhere around $65 for the lettering.

All of the info above is why I sold most of my replica and authentics and now only buy game worn jerseys.

If you're set on only buying a replica I would spend the $200 at the Blue Line. Sure it might be a little more, but at least you can see it in person before buying and you know what you're getting. If you buy from anywhere else you really don't know what you're getting.

If you're still reading this lol and are interested in an authentic let me know and I can try to help you out.

1857 Howitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2013, 12:03 AM
  #90
FreeBoomer61
Registered User
 
FreeBoomer61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 431
vCash: 500
Looking to move my JJ and Umby retail authentics, as well as a Gaborik replica Slovakian jersey

FreeBoomer61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2013, 06:54 PM
  #91
NickyMaz
Registered User
 
NickyMaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Omaha, NE
Country: United States
Posts: 375
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1857 Howitzer View Post
This really is not an easy question to answer. First off this is just my opinion, but the Reebok replica's are garbage and IMO the extra spent on an authentic is well worth it. But then you run into another problem in that the correct authentics (Edge 2.0 with the wordmark logo) that someone like Gaborik or Dubinsky wear is not for sale to the public anyway so if you want an authentic you have to settle for the older style Edge 1.0's with the vector logo. Still IMO a Edge 1.0 is miles ahead of a replica and their screen printed patches. And for the sake of being brief I'm not even going to cover Indgo Edge jerseys.

Now on to the lettering. The Blue Line seems to get it right most of the time, but their E's are wrong and they use the wrong material for the nameplates, but they are sewn on and look good for the most part. NHL.com is heatpressed junk. Sports K I am not sure how their work looks, but a lot of pleases out there use the totally wrong font on the letters and numbers and they just look bad. I have sent jerseys to exclusivepro.com and other then their E's are wrong they do good work, but I'm not sure what they charge now days. If I had to guess somewhere around $65 for the lettering.

All of the info above is why I sold most of my replica and authentics and now only buy game worn jerseys.

If you're set on only buying a replica I would spend the $200 at the Blue Line. Sure it might be a little more, but at least you can see it in person before buying and you know what you're getting. If you buy from anywhere else you really don't know what you're getting.

If you're still reading this lol and are interested in an authentic let me know and I can try to help you out.
Thanks for the info, I think I might just buy it at the arena so I can see what I'm getting and have it right away. I mean after shipping and taxes it will essentially be the same price. I'm not so concerned about authenticity per se but I want something that looks good.

I just hope when I go next they win, been to both home games and two loses...

NickyMaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2013, 02:22 PM
  #92
cjerina
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 1,111
vCash: 500
Anyone interested in a game-worn CBJ White #64 Dalton Prout? Was used in 2010/11 preseason/prospect camps.

Asking $150 shipped.

cjerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2013, 05:26 PM
  #93
dnmccoy
Registered User
 
dnmccoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Columbus
Posts: 173
vCash: 484
There doesnt seem to be much of a resell market for Jackets jerseys? Im looking for a authentic current jersey and short of buying one of the no name, game worn ones at the games, I dont see much out there. Forgive me if Im missing something as Im new to the boards

dnmccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2013, 05:41 PM
  #94
IBleedUnionBlue
Registered User
 
IBleedUnionBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,143
vCash: 2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnmccoy View Post
There doesnt seem to be much of a resell market for Jackets jerseys? Im looking for a authentic current jersey and short of buying one of the no name, game worn ones at the games, I dont see much out there. Forgive me if Im missing something as Im new to the boards
Authentics in the current style (Edge 2 with Reebok wordmark) are difficult to come by. You can get some Edge 1's, with the vector logo.

Easier to come by are some of the previous style authentic sweaters such as the CCM, KOHO, and Reebok 6100's. Then you can customize as one of your former favorite players. For instance, I have some with Nash, Whitney, Malhotra, etc. They look great and are a higher quality than replicas. These can be secured much cheaper than the Edge's.

IBleedUnionBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2013, 05:46 PM
  #95
dnmccoy
Registered User
 
dnmccoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Columbus
Posts: 173
vCash: 484
This is all kind of new to me, We're first time half season ticket holders but are immersing ourselves. Weve got the original style jerseys, but Id like to get one of the newer style for xmas

dnmccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2013, 06:24 PM
  #96
jackets4life
Movember
 
jackets4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Section 205
Country: Norway
Posts: 1,604
vCash: 400
What I did is bought an alternate blank replica for pretty cheap online then had the blueline do a sewn on customization with namebar. The problem with the home and away replicas are the chincy shoulder patches on them, but the alternate sweater has no should patches so its not a problem. Have to buy authentic to get the good ones, but as said above, they are hard to come by, especially for a decent price.

jackets4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2013, 06:28 PM
  #97
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman
 
1857 Howitzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 5,503
vCash: 500
These problems are why many of us have gone to game worn only.

1857 Howitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2013, 06:45 PM
  #98
dnmccoy
Registered User
 
dnmccoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Columbus
Posts: 173
vCash: 484
If I get one of the game worn with no name, will blue line sew a new namebar,number etc.. for me?

dnmccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2013, 06:50 PM
  #99
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman
 
1857 Howitzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 5,503
vCash: 500
They will do a name plate. Only problem is the blue line does not have the right name plates.

Also they will not strip the numbers and replace them.

1857 Howitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2013, 06:57 PM
  #100
dnmccoy
Registered User
 
dnmccoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Columbus
Posts: 173
vCash: 484
Figures...anyplace online youd recommend looking?

dnmccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:15 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.