HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Surprise players to make the jump this year. Or surprise cuts.

Old
08-21-2013, 07:23 PM
Dema

vCash: 500
Melart for the CBJ,

Jarmo picked him up from the Finnish league where he played on a bigger ice surface. If he can play D there, he should be better on a smaller (albeit faster) surface. He's only 24 and moving into the prime years of his career. I picture him following the career path of Jan Hejda turning into a top 4 shutdown d-man. He had a good training camp and outside of Prout, the CBJ are in need of PK/Shutdown types on D.

Dema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2013, 07:24 PM
7even
Deus Ex Machina

Fantasy land? From Toronto, surprise jump: Petter Granberg gets a call-up mid-November and doesn't look back.

Surprise cut: Fraser implodes, pulls a Komi, and finishes his career in the AHL.

Lol.

7even is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2013, 07:27 PM
Bleak

Ducks

Possible ins:
Rakell OR Holland - Fight for 2nd line AND/OR 4th line duties as Bonino is a lock.
Maroon - Has to REALLY play and compete
Vati - Souray is out, could be demoted after recovery barring a trade and performance
Lindholm - Souray is out, could be demoted after recovery barring a trade and performance

Possible outs:
Silfverberg or Etem - If Selanne comes back, no room in top 6. Though Winnik could be waived/traded as a solution?

I think that's the downlow for the ducks. Correct me if I am wrong fans! ^_^

Bleak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2013, 07:32 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

For the Sabres, the two guys to watch will be Armia and Ristolainen. (Not considering Grigs or Larsson surprises). Maybe an outside chance for Girgensons, but I imagine he'll be a call-up this year.

New Sabres Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2013, 07:35 PM
TheOllieC
Tampa Ba(ndwagon)y

vCash: 625
Zach Boychuk-70 point winger this year

Seriously though I think Ryan Murphy will excel if he's used comfortably..

TheOllieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2013, 07:38 PM
White Goodman
smell that fitness?

vCash: 50
Jean Gabriel Pageau won't be playing with his playoff magic and will be set to Bingo for top minutes.

Mike Hoffman will break out for the Sens.

White Goodman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2013, 07:44 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benedict Kovalchuk View Post
Between Poulin and Nilsson, I've always been more partial to Nilsson. That said, who knows where Nilsson is at after all that B12 business last season. I'm also not sure what exactly we have in Poulin after Nabby was played almost unceasingly. Didn't it take until April before the Isles won with someone other than Nabby in net last season?

As for De Haan....yeah we'll see. I'm like most Isles fans and rest more hope on Donovan panning out, but De Haan definitely would be the better player if his shoulder can hold up.
Yes. Late in the season, Poulin picked up his only nhl win of the season.

Cappy showed no faith in the kid. He really overworked Nabby.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2013, 08:08 PM
Brent Burns
TROTZTROTZTROTZTROTZ

Tomas Hertl, Sharks

Brent Burns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2013, 08:11 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Some people might be surprised to see Gilbert Brule back in the NHL but I won't be. I expect he'll win a spot on Phoenix's fourth line this season next to fellow first round pick Kyle Chipchura.

08-21-2013, 09:12 PM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

vCash: 526
I think Landon Ferraro gets a shot with the Wings and really surprises this year.

SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2013, 09:14 PM
DKQ
Generic User Title

I could see Danault winding up on the third line with Saad and Shaw in Chicago. Also Chris Bigras ending up being a standout rookie in Colorado

Last edited by DKQ: 08-22-2013 at 07:25 AM. Reason: Chris, not Chase...
DKQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2013, 09:28 PM
Coconut Head
Jack I Chel

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post
For the Sabres, the two guys to watch will be Armia and Ristolainen. (Not considering Grigs or Larsson surprises). Maybe an outside chance for Girgensons, but I imagine he'll be a call-up this year.
I wouldn't be too surprised if Armia is on the team, we don't have much depth on the wing let alone scoring. I agree with Risto though, he'll have to ouplay a few guys who may be fighting for time like Ruhwedel, McNabb,maybe McBain, etc

Coconut Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2013, 10:08 PM
IWantSakicAsMyGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKQ View Post
I could see Danault winding up on the third line with Saad and Shaw in Chicago. Also Chase Bigras ending up being a standout rookie in Colorado
Not impossible for Bigras to make the Avs, but unlikely. Too many guys in front of him on the depth chart with 1 way contracts. Unless he really impresses in camp, he'll most likely be in Lake Erie.

Same issue up front. Not a lot of space for Sgarbossa, Hishon or Aggozino to get a chance.

IWantSakicAsMyGM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2013, 10:13 PM
Marlowe Syn
R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D

Matt Dumba will probably be given an fair chance to make the Wild. Although it would be a surprise if he makes the jump.

Marlowe Syn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2013, 11:04 PM
JoeCool16

For surprise player I'll go with Joacim Eriksson beating out Eddie Lack for the backup role with the Canucks.

For surprise cut, I'll say Gilbert Brule not succeeding with his PTO and basically ending his pro career.

JoeCool16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2013, 11:12 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pouncebounce View Post
I wouldn't be too surprised if Armia is on the team, we don't have much depth on the wing let alone scoring. I agree with Risto though, he'll have to ouplay a few guys who may be fighting for time like Ruhwedel, McNabb,maybe McBain, etc
Agree re: Armia. I think he gets regular ice time in the NHL this year unless he looks bad at camp. We don't have many goal-scorers, and he scores goals.
Considering Rolston's (apparently) strong preference to play righties on the right side and lefties on the left, it's a safe assumption that McNabb won't be competing with either of those guys for ice time. Pysyk has likely secured a starting spot in the line-up, so that last spot on that side is up for grabs between McBain, Ruhwedel, and Risto. Since Ruh's already played decently in the NHL and Rolston has prior experience with McBain, I'd guess Ristolainen would have to outplay both by a pretty wide margin for the Sabres to keep him. I think McNabb will have a much easier task to win an NHL job in camp, despite coming off a knee injury and not having a great season last year. I mean, who is he competing with? Sulzer?

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2013, 11:54 PM
Bergeron47

vCash: 966
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKQ View Post
I could see Danault winding up on the third line with Saad and Shaw in Chicago. Also Chase Bigras ending up being a standout rookie in Colorado
I think Handzus was re-signed for that role

Bergeron47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2013, 12:00 AM
bansheebeat
Cherry-Coloured Funk

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWantSakicAsMyGM View Post
Not impossible for Bigras to make the Avs, but unlikely. Too many guys in front of him on the depth chart with 1 way contracts. Unless he really impresses in camp, he'll most likely be in Lake Erie.
Just curious: why Bigras and not Siemens?

bansheebeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2013, 12:04 AM
mattihp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dema View Post
Melart for the CBJ,

Jarmo picked him up from the Finnish league where he played on a bigger ice surface. If he can play D there, he should be better on a smaller (albeit faster) surface. He's only 24 and moving into the prime years of his career. I picture him following the career path of Jan Hejda turning into a top 4 shutdown d-man. He had a good training camp and outside of Prout, the CBJ are in need of PK/Shutdown types on D.
Hejda is so much smarter though. Melart could become a 3rd pairing enforcer type of defenseman if his physical game translates well to the NHL. He has a tendency to disrupt the rhythm of a game with an ill-timed ugly hit.

His passing is ok, but it could be so much better..

mattihp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2013, 12:10 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
Not this year it's not.
He could see a lot of power play time with Souray out. I don't think 35 points is out of the question.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2013, 12:14 AM
tigervixxxen
Optimism=Delusional

Quote:
Originally Posted by bansheebeat View Post
Just curious: why Bigras and not Siemens?
Because Roy said that Bigras had a chance to make the team while they expect Siemens to go to Lake Erie, something to that effect. Also, Bigras would go back to OHL, not Lake Erie.

tigervixxxen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2013, 12:18 AM
Erik Norrisson*
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleak View Post
Ducks

Possible ins:
Rakell OR Holland - Fight for 2nd line AND/OR 4th line duties as Bonino is a lock.
Maroon - Has to REALLY play and compete
Vati - Souray is out, could be demoted after recovery barring a trade and performance
Lindholm - Souray is out, could be demoted after recovery barring a trade and performance

Possible outs:
Silfverberg or Etem - If Selanne comes back, no room in top 6. Though Winnik could be waived/traded as a solution?

I think that's the downlow for the ducks. Correct me if I am wrong fans! ^_^
Silfverberg playes for you this year. He is an NHL ready commodity and he has the two way game to play bottom six if needed. I think he will sit on Getzlafs other wing.

Erik Norrisson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2013, 12:28 AM
Sharppi
Nothing to see here

vCash: 827
At least 3 of these guys will remain with the main team offensive corps: Granlund, Coyle, Zucker, Niederreiter. Haula is a possible surprise to make the offensive lineup, but Yeo talked about him getting a look at the training camp.

Dumba will be getting his chance also and if he makes the team, it will be a surprise.

Sharppi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2013, 12:38 AM
Honour Over Glory

Tom Kuhnhackl and Megna.

Penguins are 1m and some change over the cap. They are also looking heavily at Adam Payerl for the 4th line and Megna is starting to be looked at as a Kennedy type replacement from within. He has a load of speed and creativity, just too many brain fart gaps to put it all together, but you never know. Tom Kuhnhackl has the size, speed, and scoring touch to be an impact player, he also has the nastiness in his game, he wants to show it and prove it after an injury shortened season, he could be a perfect guy to flank Sutter, which could make someone expendable, even after the salary shedding to get under the cap.

Beau Bennett doesn't count, he's made the team already and is seen as a top 6 player, most likely with Geno or a surprise change with Kunitz moving to Geno's LW (which we would all like) and see Beau with Sid and Dupers. Who knows.

Honour Over Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2013, 01:31 AM
PeakMcOil
Loyal To The Oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlowe Syn View Post
Matt Dumba will probably be given an fair chance to make the Wild. Although it would be a surprise if he makes the jump.
How's he progressed since the draft? He was really hyped and for a time was in the conversation for number 1.

PeakMcOil is offline   Reply With Quote