HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Trotz Wants Wild Rivalry

Old
08-21-2013, 12:24 PM
KevFist
is best pony

vCash: 500
Trotz Wants Wild Rivalry

http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2013/8/2...-suter-rivalry

Even if he was laughing, I don't think he's actually joking

KevFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2013, 12:48 PM
PredsV82
Snot Doc

vCash: 162
the more of his crap I read, the more I believe Dirk Hoag is a douchecanoe.

Quote:
Dirk Hoag of On the Forecheck had a different opinion of the comment:

I know it was a casual remark, but Trotz is an experienced coach, and he knows that people pay attention to his words. This attitude that somehow the Predators were wronged by Suter doesn't reflect well at all on either the team or the fan base, especially when it's voiced by a leading member of the organization.
really??

Lighten up Francis.... personally, I love it! Sports needs more of this kind of thing... the canned bolierplate responses that most coaches and players give in media encounters are so predictable and meaningless that sometimes I wonder why they even bother to have media availability.

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2013, 12:56 PM
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd

Good on ya, Barry, and Leipold is certainly another reason to run that team through the glass. And Matt Cooke is well, you know...

struckbyaparkedcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2013, 02:28 PM
Viqsi
"They're back."

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
Oh, I've been quite certain of that for a very long time.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2013, 03:33 PM
Shea Weber

Quote:
I'm on board with this.

Shea Weber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2013, 05:36 PM
predfan98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Oh, I've been quite certain of that for a very long time.
me too...

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2013, 07:15 PM
brah

who doesn't love having a villain to root against?

brah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2013, 08:59 PM
analogkid
Thread Killer

douchecanoe....man that is epic, can't wait to drop that on someone tomorrow

analogkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2013, 09:09 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by analogkid View Post
That's a great one, but douchewaffle is my personal favorite.

Much ado about nothing. Trotz was having some fun. I hope we do have a rivalry with the wild. Also, I hope we want to "kick their butt" against every team in the NHL. That's what Trotz and the players get paid to do.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2013, 09:24 PM
glenngineer

Quote:

really??

Lighten up Francis.... personally, I love it! Sports needs more of this kind of thing... the canned bolierplate responses that most coaches and players give in media encounters are so predictable and meaningless that sometimes I wonder why they even bother to have media availability.
What took you so long to get on board with this? We finally agree on something 100%. Must be the full moon.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2013, 09:40 PM
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi

i had thought this was common knowledge.

CantbeatzPekka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2013, 10:55 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

These comments about dirk are a bit unwarranted don't you think? No reason to trash someone most of you don't know personally. There really is no reason for the personal attacks when someone writes something you disagree with.

There is a lot of resentment in the Preds front office regarding Suter. I got no problem with that really. At the same time though I really question just how much Minny "stole" anyone when Suter willingly left our club, it always sounded like he was planning on leaving according to Cooper Dirk and others.

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2013, 12:01 AM
Smilodon

I dont think Minny "stole" Suter. Suter left on his own, albeit in a deceitful and douchey way. I don't hate Minny because they "stole Suter," I hate them because of Liarpold and because I don't want Suter to do well after what he did.

Smilodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2013, 12:10 AM
PredsV82
Snot Doc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman Yoshi View Post
These comments about dirk are a bit unwarranted don't you think? No reason to trash someone most of you don't know personally. There really is no reason for the personal attacks when someone writes something you disagree with.

There is a lot of resentment in the Preds front office regarding Suter. I got no problem with that really. At the same time though I really question just how much Minny "stole" anyone when Suter willingly left our club, it always sounded like he was planning on leaving according to Cooper Dirk and others.
well, it may have sounded personal, but it was actually an comment on his douchey opinions/blogs.. so if I should have worded it differently, well then my bad...

but my point was, he got righteously indignant about Trotz saying something that was patently humorous and tongue in cheek... and that was, IMHO, feminine hygenically-watercraftish

Old
08-22-2013, 01:18 AM
Predsboro

Quote:
feminine hygenically-watercraftish
I literally did laugh-out-loud ... well done sir ...

Predsboro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2013, 01:20 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
As much as I love his use of advanced metrics to evaluate players, his editorial stuff is unreadable, as is much of the stuff from the rest of OTF's contributors.

I have zero problem with Trotz trying to stoke the rivalry fires with Minnesota, although it's really tough for me to think of them as a rival when thinking of them at all makes me convulse with rage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by analogkid View Post
That's an old winner from the NP.com boards in their prime. I have used it before and can attest to its appeal as a crowd-pleaser.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2013, 07:19 AM
PredsV82
Snot Doc

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post

That's an old winner from the NP.com boards in their prime. I have used it before and can attest to its appeal as a crowd-pleaser.
yes I certainly wasnt trying to act like that was my creation... it arose from the fact that the d-word wouldnt make it through the cuss filter but the watercraft version would..

Old
08-22-2013, 07:49 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Then we just agree to disagree. I like the way Dirk and the other writers at OTF operate. It's a grass roots, fan oriented operation that is meant to be informative and entertaining.

Trotz, it should be noted, isn't exactly a funny guy. The Dallas reporter situation from a few years ago anyone? Furthermore, what he said wasn't exactly true. Sure, tongue in cheek, stoking the flames is good and all but he is outright lying here. Minnesota did not STEAL Suter. Suter left on his own accord. It's not like they kidnapped him before putting a gun to his head and force him to sign a contract. Words matter. He is trying to paint Minnesota as the bad guy and not Suter, thereby insinuating Suter did not have a choice in the matter, making it look like Suter didn't spurn Nashville (which he did). Encouraging hatred of the opposition will sell tickets and that is Trotz ultimate goal here with these comments. It takes away attention from last years under achieving team and Suter's departure as being something totally out of Nashville's control and that somehow the Wild did not play fairly in contract negotiations.

Go ahead and say I am looking too deeply into things, but Trotz has been in this business long enough to know the ins and outs of it. Not saying I don't think he should be saying these things as I really want a heated rivalry with Minny, but recognize them for what they are.

Last edited by Roman Yoshi: 08-22-2013 at 07:56 AM.
Old
08-22-2013, 07:59 AM
MrJoshua

Quote:
Then we just agree to disagree. I like the way Dirk and the other writers at OTF operate. It's a grass roots, fan oriented operation that is meant to be informative and entertaining.

Trotz, it should be noted, isn't exactly a funny guy. The Dallas reporter situation from a few years ago anyone? Furthermore, what he said wasn't exactly true. Sure, tongue in cheek stoking the flames is good and all but he is outright lying here. Minnesota did not STEAL Suter. Suter left on his own accord. It's not like they kidnapped him before putting a gun to his head and force him to sign a contract. Words matter. He is trying to paint Minnesota as the bad guy and not Suter, thereby insinuating Suter did not have a choice in the matter, making it look like Suter didn't spurn Nashville (which he did).

Go ahead and say I am looking too deeply into things, but Trotz has been in this business long enough to know the ins and outs of it. Not saying I don't think he should be saying these things as I really want a heated rivalry with Minny, but recognize them for what they are.
Overseriousness, thy name be Roman Yoshi. (Which, by the way, is a really clever username.)

Relax, man. It's entertainment. Don't read more into it than is there. You can hate Minnesota because they lured Suter away. Or, you can hate them because Leipold ran off to the Wild after he couldn't make money in Nashville. Or, you can hate them because Suter strung the Preds along then ran off to the Wild after apparently intending to do that the whole time and now the douchenozzle is on the Wild. Or you can hate them because they're in the division and competing with Nashville for a playoff spot. Or you can hate them because their logo is a Preds ripoff. Or you can hate them for some other reason I haven't considered. Just whatever you like lol.

MrJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2013, 08:03 AM
predfan98

Quote:

no one is attacking him personally. they are commenting that they don't like what he writes about the Preds and haven't liked him for some time.

It's not personal, I don't care for his viewpoint or the bloggers that write under him at otf and haven't for some time.

Just cause someone is a Preds blogger, doesn't mean we read or agree with him.

Old
08-22-2013, 08:07 AM
predfan98

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
As much as I love his use of advanced metrics to evaluate players, his editorial stuff is unreadable, as is much of the stuff from the rest of OTF's contributors.

I have zero problem with Trotz trying to stoke the rivalry fires with Minnesota, although it's really tough for me to think of them as a rival when thinking of them at all makes me convulse with rage.

Yes, it has the same feeling with me. Hockey is better with a little rage against the opponents , isn't it?

(any comment about Balsillie has the same reaction with me also. I suspect it will always be there.... )

Old
08-22-2013, 08:11 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJoshua View Post
Overseriousness, thy name be Roman Yoshi. (Which, by the way, is a really clever username.)

Relax, man. It's entertainment. Don't read more into it than is there. You can hate Minnesota because they lured Suter away. Or, you can hate them because Leipold ran off to the Wild after he couldn't make money in Nashville. Or, you can hate them because Suter strung the Preds along then ran off to the Wild after apparently intending to do that the whole time and now the douchenozzle is on the Wild. Or you can hate them because they're in the division and competing with Nashville for a playoff spot. Or you can hate them because their logo is a Preds ripoff. Or you can hate them for some other reason I haven't considered. Just whatever you like lol.
To some degree I get that, but guys like Trotz are veterans who know how to work the media and use every opportunity to promote the team and sales.

It's an attempt to get Preds fans angry at the other team and stir the pot to sell tickets. It is also meant to deflect any blame from Preds management that Suter left when clearly Minnesota somehow stole Suter. Stole insinuates Minnesota didn't play by the rules. Again, just trying to give a bit of analysis here and I am not saying what Trotz did was wrong. But at least recognize what it is.

Old
08-22-2013, 08:15 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan98 View Post
no one is attacking him personally. they are commenting that they don't like what he writes about the Preds and haven't liked him for some time.

It's not personal, I don't care for his viewpoint or the bloggers that write under him at otf and haven't for some time.

Just cause someone is a Preds blogger, doesn't mean we read or agree with him.
There are different ways of saying you disagree with a writer than calling them a douchecanoe.

I understand that and get that. Frankly, I pretty much disagree with everything Paul writes at HB, but I don't call him a douchecanoe for it. I just think think a person who is on the team's payroll isn't a very reliable opinion writer.

Old
08-22-2013, 08:26 AM
PredsV82
Snot Doc

Quote:
There are different ways of saying you disagree with a writer than calling them a douchecanoe.

I understand that and get that. Frankly, I pretty much disagree with everything Paul writes at HB, but I don't call him a douchecanoe for it. I just think think a person who is on the team's payroll isn't a very reliable opinion writer.
oh for goodness sake get over yourself... its a message board...

but if it makes you happy, then I will amend my previous statement... he's not PERSONALLY a douchecane, he is PROFESSIONALLY a douchecanoe, especially if he's getting paid to write that drivel...

Quote:
To some degree I get that, but guys like Trotz are veterans who know how to work the media and use every opportunity to promote the team and sales.

It's an attempt to get Preds fans angry at the other team and stir the pot to sell tickets. It is also meant to deflect any blame from Preds management that Suter left when clearly Minnesota somehow stole Suter. Stole insinuates Minnesota didn't play by the rules. Again, just trying to give a bit of analysis here and I am not saying what Trotz did was wrong. But at least recognize what it is.
calling you out as wrong here(but not calling you a douchecanoe).... I do not think this was in any way an attempt to "deflect any blame from Preds management".... especially since there was pretty much nothing more Preds management could have done... they offered to match or beat Minnesotas money, after all..

Old
08-22-2013, 08:36 AM
Cashville
RIP Lindback

vCash: 1225
Dirk provides decent coverage of a team that is severely lacking in coverage. I don't agree with him a lot of the time, and I don't really care about the douchecanoe comments, but I appreciate his efforts and the visibility it brings to the team.

Cashville is offline   Reply With Quote