HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Selanne?

View Poll Results: Selanne?
yes 21 42.00%
no 29 58.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old
08-21-2013, 05:53 PM
Stylizer1

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyGreene View Post
Conacher's performed admirably so far in his career. I don't understand why this guy get's so much crap..

He was our leading scorer last season; outscoring Turris, Alfredsson, Zibanejad and Silfverberg over the 48 game schedule... And he did this despite only averaging about 13 minutes a game and having to adapt to a completely different style of play over the last dozen games in the reg. season.(And he still put up 5 points and was a +6 over those 12 games.) He was also the only player on our team projected for 50 points or more in a full season this year.

The kids a fast, agile, gritty player that has a nose for the net and doesn't mind taking a couple shots to get to the blue paint.

Why wouldn't he deserve a top-6 spot? IMO anything else would be detrimental to his development.
He scored the majority of his points playing for a different team.

Stylizer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2013, 07:32 PM
DylanSensFan
Walk On!

vCash: 1470
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeddyp View Post
Alfie doesnt have a cup..Salami does... and why would a non Canadian choose sunny California over the cold weather in Ottawa especially at the end of his career?
Uhhh, because he has a real shot at a cup here playing with the best D man in the world and because the fans would love him on and off the ice.

DylanSensFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2013, 07:33 PM
zeddyp

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylizer1 View Post
The opportunity to win another stanley cup. I'm sure if Chicago offered him a contract, the cold weather would not even factor into his decision.

It's not like was born in Saudi Arabia. Finland gets cold too you know. They have almost the exact climate we do.
Chicago is a favorite... we're a contender...lets try to keep the apples with the apples when were making comparisons here

zeddyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2013, 08:45 AM
Matt The Ace
HFBoards Sponsor

Why is this back?

No Selanne. Please no.

First off, I highly doubt he'd even consider signing here. It looks like, as I said last time, Anaheim or bust.

Secondly, The way Melnyk was speaking and what's been reported with the whole Alfredsson-Ryan deal, it doesn't appear Ottawa is willing to spend anymore money on the team right now.

Lastly, the Senators are set in terms of forwards. Selanne coming in pushes a young guy back. There is enough veteran presence here on the team.

08-22-2013, 09:17 AM
tony d
The man

Looks like he's going back to Anaheim so the answer is no here for me.

People got to learn how to use punctuation. On our radio ads the other day a black man's wallet was reported as missing. Instead of a man's wallet black in colour missing a black man's wallet is missing.
tony d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2013, 10:50 AM
Lenny the Lynx

I can't believe this thread exists

Also I doubly can't believe I just read someone said Conacher was our leading scorer last year... wow

Lenny the Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2013, 11:05 AM
Powdered Toast Man
Is he a ham?

Since when does a mid season trade wipe a players production? We can talk about his totals with TB being inflated but he deserves at the very least partial credit.

Powdered Toast Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2013, 12:43 PM
Lenny the Lynx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powdered Toast Man View Post
Since when does a mid season trade wipe a players production? We can talk about his totals with TB being inflated but he deserves at the very least partial credit.
You can give him credit but the line was "he was our leading scorer last season" which takes it to a ridiculous level. Reckless stats use.

Not to mention the fact that I just checked tsn and if we are using this logic then Bobby Ryan was our leading scorer.

Lenny the Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2013, 10:24 AM
ScottyGreene
In Spezzini we trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylizer1 View Post
He scored the majority of his points playing for a different team.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BumperStumper View Post
I can't believe this thread exists

Also I doubly can't believe I just read someone said Conacher was our leading scorer last year... wow
The leading scorer is the player with the highest point totals. That was Conacher. Where does it state that for the points to be legitimate the player's restricted to a single team...?

The points he put up before the trade didn't just disappear when he got dealt away.

Anybody that follows the organization can tell you the majority of his points came in Tampa, but that doesn't change the fact that he scored them..

Quote:
Originally Posted by BumperStumper View Post
You can give him credit but the line was "he was our leading scorer last season" which takes it to a ridiculous level. Reckless stats use.

Not to mention the fact that I just checked tsn and if we are using this logic then Bobby Ryan was our leading scorer.
Ryan wasn't on the roster at any point during the 2012-2013 season. With Conacher it's a different story.

If it makes everybody feel better I didn't mean he was 'the Ottawa Senators' leading scorer' in the sense that he scored the most points for Ottawa this season, I just meant he was the player with the most points on the Ottawa Senators roster at the end of the season.

ScottyGreene is online now   Reply With Quote