HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > NHL Draft - Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL Draft - Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

If you haven't already....say hello to Nigel Dawes!

Closed Thread

Old
01-11-2004, 09:39 PM
HabLover

vCash: 500
If you haven't already....say hello to Nigel Dawes!

Should have been the Top Forward at the WJC, but because the USA got a lucky bounce he was robbed!

33 goals in 30 games so far for little Nigel in the dub, on a crappy Kootenay Ice team. All they have is Dawes and he's still lighting it up!

Old
01-11-2004, 09:51 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabLover
Should have been the Top Forward at the WJC, but because the USA got a lucky bounce he was robbed!

33 goals in 30 games so far for little Nigel in the dub, on a crappy Kootenay Ice team. All they have is Dawes and he's still lighting it up!
Dawes wasn't even a first team all-star, how can you make a case for him being best forward? Parise was easily the best.

Old
01-12-2004, 12:00 AM
Jacob

vCash: 399
Never-the-less, I was impressed by him. Very slick player. Too bad he's property of the Rangers.

Old
01-12-2004, 01:49 AM
BCCHL inactive

Parise got the top forward because he had a stellar round robin. He was almost invisible in the Gold Medal Game...when Dawes and Stewart ran the show for the first two periods. O'Sullivan was the show for the US in the 3rd period, with a little help from Fleury.

I think Dawes or Stewart could have gotten the top forward award.

Old
01-12-2004, 02:04 AM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
You Must Be Tired

vCash: 2626
Hello Nigel Dawes!

Old
01-12-2004, 04:39 AM
eyeofthetiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompenguin
Hello Nigel Dawes!
Parise did win the MVP but that doesn't mean that Dawes wasn't in the running for it! Great Job Dawes!

Old
01-12-2004, 05:21 AM
HfxMoose

He is truly a great player. I wish him all the best and hope he has a great future with the Rangers.

Old
01-12-2004, 07:36 AM
Hunter Gathers
Thx Ghost in a Jar

Send a message via AIM to Hunter Gathers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobv2
Never-the-less, I was impressed by him. Very slick player. Too bad he's property of the Rangers.

I pray to God we don't ruin him. I've liked the kid for a while and thought he slipped EXTREMELY far down.

Old
01-12-2004, 10:25 AM
Reign Nateo

I've always wondered why he was drafted so low? Looks like he has all the tools to me. Nice pick by the Rangers, but he should play in Hartford for a while.

Old
01-12-2004, 11:09 AM
thestonedkoala

vCash:
I think, and don't kill me for this, but size had to do with why he was picked a little low. Not the entire reason why he was picked low but the guy is kind of tiny (they list him at 5'8") and if people think Bouchard, who has world-talent, and Hudler, who has the same kind of talent was a reach for the first two rounds, then what about Dawes? HE should've been picked in the upper rounds (3rd/4th) but a lot of guys slipped in this draft due to weird reasons.

I mean I know why Couchraine slipped. Small, skating is a bit of a problem (which is strange since the Wild don't pick anyone with bad skating) but he's doing okay in the WHL.

Old
01-12-2004, 11:18 AM
Old Hickory

vCash:
Hi Nigel!

Old
01-12-2004, 01:59 PM
Hydroponic Harold

Its pretty safe to say if Harding would of played nets we would be celebrating Gold now .The game wasnt close until Fleury self destructed .It was like the Olympic finals ....total domination by Canada , but we didnt even get average goaltending from Fleury .
I know everyone in canada is saying on TV that it wasnt his fault ..but yep ..it was .If it was a best of 7 we would win the next 4 with Harding in net .
The US is definitely making huge strides in their development , and are indeed the 2nd best hockey playing nation in the world right now , but we are still #1 .
Yeah im still bitter .
Oh and Nigel Dawes , Anthony Stewart and Shawn Belle will help bring more minorities into the fantastic game of hockey ..3 up and coming stars .

Old
01-12-2004, 02:02 PM
DJ Spinoza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobv2
Actually, that's a good thing considering the Rangers willingness to trade prospects. Maybe they want Tarnstrom.

Sorry Rangers fans, I had to do it.

Old
01-12-2004, 08:01 PM
HabLover

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestonedkoala
I think, and don't kill me for this, but size had to do with why he was picked a little low. Not the entire reason why he was picked low but the guy is kind of tiny (they list him at 5'8") and if people think Bouchard, who has world-talent, and Hudler, who has the same kind of talent was a reach for the first two rounds, then what about Dawes? HE should've been picked in the upper rounds (3rd/4th) but a lot of guys slipped in this draft due to weird reasons.

I mean I know why Couchraine slipped. Small, skating is a bit of a problem (which is strange since the Wild don't pick anyone with bad skating) but he's doing okay in the WHL.
Ummm....he outplayed Hudler by a country mile!!

Closed Thread