HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

HF Boards Benchwarmers Fantasy Football league #2 (Draft Order Post #54)

Old
08-20-2013, 06:48 PM
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!

vCash: 500
A few changes I'd make, but I guess it's up to you or the majority:

1. You should change the settings so that you get points for every yard, and not just at 25 for passing, 10 for rushing, 10 for receiving, etc. Same amount of points, but then there's decimals and a more accurate count. That way I don't get 19 yards and get 1 point, I get 1.9.

2. End the regular season at week 12 since week 17 a lot of starters sit out which would mess up a lot of people's playoff chances if it comes down to it.

3. Only have 1 division. If the 4 best records are all in 1 division, 1 of them (or 2 depending on settings) won't make the playoffs. Having 1 division eliminates this problem.

Last edited by TorMenT: 08-20-2013 at 07:05 PM.
TorMenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2013, 10:29 AM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorMenT View Post
A few changes I'd make, but I guess it's up to you or the majority:

1. You should change the settings so that you get points for every yard, and not just at 25 for passing, 10 for rushing, 10 for receiving, etc. Same amount of points, but then there's decimals and a more accurate count. That way I don't get 19 yards and get 1 point, I get 1.9.

2. End the regular season at week 12 since week 17 a lot of starters sit out which would mess up a lot of people's playoff chances if it comes down to it.

3. Only have 1 division. If the 4 best records are all in 1 division, 1 of them (or 2 depending on settings) won't make the playoffs. Having 1 division eliminates this problem.
1. In all my years of fantasy football I have never played that way. Scores would be outrageous. I know Yahoo uses decimal points but I don't think ESPN does. This is the standard fantasy formula.

2. Week 12 is way too early to end the regular season, I want to play a season up until week 16 which is what every league does. Teams that are fighting for a playoff birth will want that extra week or two. Teams do not sit players until week 17 which by then the leagues are over.

3. I do not care about the divisions, I have always liked 2 different groups which breaks things up but if everyone prefers one single group, I have no problems with that.

AmericanDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2013, 11:41 AM
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
1. In all my years of fantasy football I have never played that way. Scores would be outrageous. I know Yahoo uses decimal points but I don't think ESPN does. This is the standard fantasy formula.

2. Week 12 is way too early to end the regular season, I want to play a season up until week 16 which is what every league does. Teams that are fighting for a playoff birth will want that extra week or two. Teams do not sit players until week 17 which by then the leagues are over.

3. I do not care about the divisions, I have always liked 2 different groups which breaks things up but if everyone prefers one single group, I have no problems with that.
I'm not trying to cause problems, or even complaining. I'm just offering my opinion. Ill do whatever the majority/you want. See my points below though. Hopefully others can weigh in.

1. Scores are only slightly different, but much more accurate. If I rush for 19 yards and receive for 49, ill have 6.8 points. If my opponent rushes for 20 (1 more yard) and receives for 50 (1 more yard), they'll have 7 points. In the "standard scoring" I'll have 5 points, my opponent will have 7. I'm seeing more and more leagues going to fractional points to be more accurate. 2 yards shouldn't equal 2 points.

2. Right now you're ending week 13. With 2 week matchups, the 2nd week of the championship ends on week 17, while star players in the NFL have the week off if their team is a lock for the playoffs. This really dilutes the final week of the finals in the fantasy league playoffs.

Old
08-21-2013, 11:56 AM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
I'm not trying to cause problems, or even complaining. I'm just offering my opinion. Ill do whatever the majority/you want. See my points below though. Hopefully others can weigh in.

1. Scores are only slightly different, but much more accurate. If I rush for 19 yards and receive for 49, ill have 6.8 points. If my opponent rushes for 20 (1 more yard) and receives for 50 (1 more yard), they'll have 7 points. In the "standard scoring" I'll have 5 points, my opponent will have 7. I'm seeing more and more leagues going to fractional points to be more accurate. 2 yards shouldn't equal 2 points.

2. Right now you're ending week 13. With 2 week matchups, the 2nd week of the championship ends on week 17, while star players in the NFL have the week off if their team is a lock for the playoffs. This really dilutes the final week of the finals in the fantasy league playoffs.
I didn't take what you said as complaining at all, hopefully I didn't come off as such.

1. I understand the decimal love as Yahoo does do that. Most sites do not allow for decimal scoring. I know CBS and NFL.com does not allow for decimals. Maybe ESPN does and I can look into that as I agree with you that I shouldn't be punished if my player gets 69 rushing yards yet only gets 6 points.

Just looked into ESPN and so far not seeing a way to change to decimal scoring.

2. The schedule for playoffs was incorrect as I didn't have a chance to edit it. I will make a separate post concerning this so all can address it.

Thanks

Last edited by AmericanDream: 08-21-2013 at 12:28 PM.
Old
08-21-2013, 11:58 AM
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU

vCash: 50
Only fools don't use fractional points. 10 yards is the same as 19? **** that.

IU Hawks fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2013, 12:13 PM
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!

Quote:
I didn't take what you said as complaining at all, hopefully I didn't come off as such.

1. I understand the decimal love as Yahoo does do that. Most sites do not allow for decimal scoring. I know CBS and NFL.com does not allow for decimals. Maybe ESPN does and I can look into that as I agree with you that I should be punished if my player gets 69 rushing yards yet only gets 6 points.

Just looked into ESPN and so far not seeing a way to change to decimal scoring.

2. The schedule for playoffs was incorrect as I didn't have a chance to edit it. I will make a separate post concerning this so all can address it.

Thanks
NFL.com does use fractional, and it's also possible on ESPN. View the other league on the board and the settings and you can see how it's set up. We did it last year, and it's set up the se this year.

Old
08-21-2013, 12:17 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Okay this is for the playoff format.

I have played in leagues that only allow 4 teams into the playoffs, but the ones I enjoy the best are to allow 8 out of 10 teams into the playoffs.

The reason for that is it simply keeps everyone active and into it longer. I have done many leagues where once a team is out of the playoffs during the regular season (only 4 teams make it) they simply give up as there is no point. Which has led to cheap wins and better seeding for playoffs to certain teams. Or even worse, terrible trades that benefit a playoff bound team.

I currently changed it to having 8 out of 10 make the playoffs with playoffs starting week 14 and ending week 16. 1 week playoff matchups for each round.

Let me know what you guys think as I happy to adjust to what majority want. 8 out of 10 teams or 4 out of 10 teams those are the only logical options as 6 teams is too hard to do and involves a bye.

Old
08-21-2013, 12:22 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
NFL.com does use fractional, and it's also possible on ESPN. View the other league on the board and the settings and you can see how it's set up. We did it last year, and it's set up the se this year.
I will look harder into NFL.com as I have a league on there but still not seeing any decimal scoring system.

Just found it on ESPN, but man they really do not advertise it...kind of hidden when looking for it.

So yes there is fractional scoring on ESPN, and it is up to the majority of owners if you want decimal scoring or straight up 1 point per 10 yards..etc..

Old
08-21-2013, 12:27 PM
digdug41982

I vote for decimal.

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2013, 12:30 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

if you haven't already chimed in, please do so and let us know if you want decimal or standard scoring...and 4 or 8 teams to make the playoffs

Fractional Scoring

torment
AD
coldsteel

Standard Scoring

Disgruntled
ChiHawk21

8 out of 10 teams make playoffs

AD

4 out of 10 teams make playoffs

Torment
Disgruntled
ChiHawk21

Last edited by AmericanDream: 08-23-2013 at 08:54 AM.
Old
08-21-2013, 01:24 PM
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!

Quote:
if you haven't already chimed in, please do so and let us know if you want decimal or standard scoring...and 4 or 8 teams to make the playoffs

Fractional Scoring

torment
AD
coldsteel

Standard Scoring

8 out of 10 teams make playoffs

AD

4 out of 10 teams make playoffs
Based on last years league, everyone was pretty much in it and 4 teams went to playoffs. I've always played 4, and never really experienced unfair trades when playing in a league with people we regularly interact with. I vote 4 with 2 week playoff matchups starting week 13. I'm fine with majority decision though.

Old
08-21-2013, 04:46 PM
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!

1 more week til the draft. I hope everyone remembers they're in this league and knows when the draft is. Not much activity in this thread compared to last year.

Old
08-21-2013, 05:22 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU

8 of 10 in the playoffs? Why bother with the season?

Old
08-21-2013, 06:07 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan
Blackhawk Down

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan View Post
Yup. 4 team playoffs. Standard scoring. Your TE caught a 19 yard TD? 7 Points. Deal.

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2013, 10:20 AM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan View Post
I play in double digit leagues a year (it is a sickness I know!!), when teams are out of the playoffs, the majority just give in. they don't go after waiver pick ups, they don't make trades, they start guys that are injured or have been demoted. See it every year. Which is fine with me as it makes my teams more lethal, just be prepared for those that just give up...and if your worried about a lack of activity a week before the draft, just wait until week 9 when some teams are out..you will only hear crickets..

I am fine with either 4 or 8, just hope people don't complain is all I am saying!

Old
08-22-2013, 10:41 AM
Wrigley
The Lollipop Guild

vCash: 3495
Quote:
I play in double digit leagues a year (it is a sickness I know!!), ...
I hope your wife finds out about this spending!

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
Wrigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2013, 10:43 AM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
I hope your wife finds out about this spending!
the funny part is she is in 2 leagues with me!! hahaha

I invited Coldsteel to play in my August 31st draft and her ass will be in it as well.. she does pretty damn well which surprises everyone as she seems to be the clueless blonde chick that knows nothing about football...then WHAM!! You get destroyed come week 2...she knows her stuff.

but yes she doesn't know the overall total of leagues I am in..helps to have a secret side account for spending money

Old
08-22-2013, 10:46 AM
Wrigley
The Lollipop Guild

vCash: 3495
Quote:
the funny part is she is in 2 leagues with me!! hahaha I invited Coldsteel to play in my August 31st draft and her ass will be in it as well...
I'm only in one league, but it also drafts on my bday.

Wrigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2013, 12:03 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
Yup. 4 team playoffs. Standard scoring. Your TE caught a 19 yard TD? 7 Points. Deal.
6 is the best, IMO, for both 10 and 12 teamers. I like the fights for the byes, without them the top teams don't need to bother when they're guaranteed to get in. And still enough positions to where teams 7-9 usually are involved down the stretch.

Old
08-23-2013, 08:53 AM
ChiHawk21

4 teams make the playoffs and standard scoring....I still have to do the league safe (do i need to do an E-Check?)

ChiHawk21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2013, 08:54 AM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiHawk21 View Post
4 teams make the playoffs and standard scoring....I still have to do the league safe (do i need to do an E-Check?)
yes to e-check...I have to do the same still!! hahaha

Old
08-23-2013, 08:59 AM
ChiHawk21

Quote:
yes to e-check...I have to do the same still!! hahaha
can you just make it so i can put my debit card number in...I really dont wanna start looking around for my routing number and put all that stuff online

Old
08-23-2013, 09:37 AM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiHawk21 View Post
can you just make it so i can put my debit card number in...I really dont wanna start looking around for my routing number and put all that stuff online
it is set up as e-check since it is free...I don't think I can change it...will have to look into it or maybe Coldsteel can comment on that since he has done this before.

Old
08-23-2013, 09:55 AM
digdug41982

For the other league, if we had someone that wanted to pay credit/debit, I was going to let everyone that wanted to pay check pay first, then attempt to change it and let the other people go last. I don't know if that would have worked but you can try.

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2013, 11:42 AM
ChiHawk21

or i can quickpay or paypal one of you guys and just hope that you put in the money for me