HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Confirmed with Link: Space Jam 2 in Production

Closed Thread

Old
08-20-2013, 04:17 AM
LightningStrikes
SFY

vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious Python View Post
http://sobadsogood.com/2013/04/28/22...s-infomercials

Old
08-20-2013, 09:14 AM
The YzerJesus
Turns Piss Into Wine

vCash: 50
Quote:
I hate it when that bullspit happens.

Old
08-20-2013, 11:58 PM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

vCash: 500
Appropriate since we had the 'whom' crisis/opportunity recently.

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/who_vs_whom

Old
08-21-2013, 10:25 AM
Crabby Williams

I hate people whom us the word "whom" incorrectly.

Old
08-21-2013, 02:24 PM
B2k3
#Yzerteam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabby Williams View Post
I hate people whom us the word "whom" incorrectly.
Whom did that?

Old
08-21-2013, 02:27 PM
LightningStrikes
SFY

Old
08-21-2013, 02:56 PM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

Old
08-21-2013, 04:15 PM
Crabby Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by B2k3 View Post
Whom did that?
I didn't mean anyone specifically, just whom general.

Old
08-21-2013, 04:28 PM
Going Back to Cally
Sons of Pirates

vCash: 286
So some of you know this and some don't but I was diagnosed with Nodular Sclerosis which is a form of Hodgkins Disease and underwent my first EBRT treatment today and will continue almost daily until mid October. Anybody ever undergo that or know someone who has? I'm interested in how I will feel in October because I understand it will wear you out. Today went fine though so I'm hoping for the best.

Old
08-21-2013, 07:40 PM
MattM92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killorn View Post
So some of you know this and some don't but I was diagnosed with Nodular Sclerosis which is a form of Hodgkins Disease and underwent my first EBRT treatment today and will continue almost daily until mid October. Anybody ever undergo that or know someone who has? I'm interested in how I will feel in October because I understand it will wear you out. Today went fine though so I'm hoping for the best.
Oh wow, sorry to hear that. When was the diagnosis if you don't mind me asking? I'm not very familiar with Nodular Sclerosis or Hodgkins, kinda curious. But no, sorry, don't know of anybody that has had any sort of radiation treatment.

Old
08-21-2013, 08:14 PM
Going Back to Cally
Sons of Pirates

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattM92 View Post
Oh wow, sorry to hear that. When was the diagnosis if you don't mind me asking? I'm not very familiar with Nodular Sclerosis or Hodgkins, kinda curious. But no, sorry, don't know of anybody that has had any sort of radiation treatment.
I was diagnosed early August. My first treatment wasn't bad at all and I'm hoping I wont be feeling too bad by the end since I will be done right around the beginning of hockey season. I actually expected much more than 5 minutes of radiation.

Old
08-21-2013, 11:21 PM
MattM92

Quote:
I was diagnosed early August. My first treatment wasn't bad at all and I'm hoping I wont be feeling too bad by the end since I will be done right around the beginning of hockey season. I actually expected much more than 5 minutes of radiation.
Do they focus the radiation in your treatment? 5 minutes seems pretty short to me. And I'm sure you'll be feeling just fine around the time hockey starts. Hockey has the toughest players and fans

Old
08-22-2013, 12:42 AM
stryfe604
Believes in Yzergod

So my girlfriend of 8.5 years told me she cheated on me about an hour ago. I am completely devastated by this. It is killing me suppressing this rage. I am lost, hurt, and angry. So I am just sitting here blank. I can't tell my friends because I don't want them to look at her any differently.

So here I am, to you guys just telling someone. I know this isn't a place for this, but over the year that I have been here, I have talked to quite a few of you. We have no relations to each other but at the same time you guys will just listen, offer unbiased advice (if you can), and I can just let it out.

I love her to death, but I can't be with someone who could do that. I am also afraid of what she will do to herself if I leave right away. Also I don't want to leave her but I know I could never look at her the same way again. We were just recently talking about having our wedding next year, and planning to have a baby the year after. But now...I just don't know. I don't know what to do and what to do with myself.

I am sorry guys to lay this out here, but I just needed to let it out somewhere. Thanks for listening and reading everyone.

Old
08-22-2013, 12:58 AM
stryfe604
Believes in Yzergod

Quote:
Sorry to hear that bud. I'll have a beer ready for you when you beat that ****.

Old
08-22-2013, 01:59 AM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

Quote:
Sorry to hear that. I don't know much about it, but keep us updated on it. I hope everything goes well with your treatment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stryfe604 View Post
So my girlfriend of 8.5 years told me she cheated on me about an hour ago. I am completely devastated by this. It is killing me suppressing this rage. I am lost, hurt, and angry. So I am just sitting here blank. I can't tell my friends because I don't want them to look at her any differently.

So here I am, to you guys just telling someone. I know this isn't a place for this, but over the year that I have been here, I have talked to quite a few of you. We have no relations to each other but at the same time you guys will just listen, offer unbiased advice (if you can), and I can just let it out.

I love her to death, but I can't be with someone who could do that. I am also afraid of what she will do to herself if I leave right away. Also I don't want to leave her but I know I could never look at her the same way again. We were just recently talking about having our wedding next year, and planning to have a baby the year after. But now...I just don't know. I don't know what to do and what to do with myself.

I am sorry guys to lay this out here, but I just needed to let it out somewhere. Thanks for listening and reading everyone.
I'm no expert on stuff like this and I can't tell you what to do but it's probably best to take it slow. Don't make any decisions on your future together now while your heart and head are telling you different things. Wait until you feel your emotions are in check.

Definitely try to talk to someone you trust that you can vent to and have a conversation with. Get out of your house tomorrow. If you try analyzing it by yourself, you'll feel like ****. If you're not sure, pm me and I'll send you my number and you can call me if you want.

Quote:
Sorry to hear that bud. I'll have a beer ready for you when you beat that ****.
If you guys are ever in New Jersey or if I'm ever in Vancouver or Tampa, drinks are on me.

Old
08-22-2013, 02:56 AM
stryfe604
Believes in Yzergod

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaysOf 04 View Post
Sorry to hear that. I don't know much about it, but keep us updated on it. I hope everything goes well with your treatment.

I'm no expert on stuff like this and I can't tell you what to do but it's probably best to take it slow. Don't make any decisions on your future together now while your heart and head are telling you different things. Wait until you feel your emotions are in check.

Definitely try to talk to someone you trust that you can vent to and have a conversation with. Get out of your house tomorrow. If you try analyzing it by yourself, you'll feel like ****. If you're not sure, pm me and I'll send you my number and you can call me if you want.

If you guys are ever in New Jersey or if I'm ever in Vancouver or Tampa, drinks are on me.
Thanks for that Days. I am getting out tomorrow with a friend and I will talk to him about it maybe. If I need someone to talk to, I'll hit you up for sure. Thanks again.

Old
08-22-2013, 03:41 AM
LightningStrikes
SFY

Quote:
I'm very sorry to hear that! As the others I don't know much about it unfortunately. I wish you the best! Stay strong!

Quote:

As Days has said you should definitely talk in detail to someone you can trust. Don't rush into making a decision. If I may ask you: When did she cheat on you? Just recently? How old is she?

Old
08-22-2013, 03:46 AM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

I'm also in agreement with Days and LS.

Best of luck to both of you.

Old
08-22-2013, 03:53 AM
stryfe604
Believes in Yzergod

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningStrikes View Post
I'm very sorry to hear that! As the others I don't know much about it unfortunately. I wish you the best! Stay strong!

As Days has said you should definitely talk in detail to someone you can trust. Don't rush into making a decision. If I may ask you: When did she cheat on you? Just recently? How old is she?
About 2 weeks ago but she told me today. And she is 26 and I am 27.

Quote:
I'm also in agreement with Days and LS.

Best of luck to both of you.
Thanks to both of you.

Old
08-22-2013, 11:40 AM
jg39
SFY is great

vCash: 517
Killorn-good luck with all of your treatments, and know that we all support you here on the Lightning boards. I do know that exercise, when ever you're up for it, should help your body. I don't recommend Insanity or 2 hour cardio circuits, but a good stretching routine, light walks, and mindless activities like shooting a basketball/kicking a soccer ball against a wall may help. Basically, whatever exercise you can manage without excessive fatigue. Your body needs all the strength it can get, and exercise will help with keeping the body strong and a capable immune system.

-----

Stryfe-Take some time and do some talking with trusted friends...something like golf or fishing with some buddies could help. Buy yourself a fancy beer you enjoy. Good luck figuring everything out and know the Lightning boards are here for you as needed.

Old
08-22-2013, 01:26 PM
stryfe604
Believes in Yzergod

Quote:
Originally Posted by jg39 View Post
Killorn-good luck with all of your treatments, and know that we all support you here on the Lightning boards. I do know that exercise, when ever you're up for it, should help your body. I don't recommend Insanity or 2 hour cardio circuits, but a good stretching routine, light walks, and mindless activities like shooting a basketball/kicking a soccer ball against a wall may help. Basically, whatever exercise you can manage without excessive fatigue. Your body needs all the strength it can get, and exercise will help with keeping the body strong and a capable immune system.

-----

Stryfe-Take some time and do some talking with trusted friends...something like golf or fishing with some buddies could help. Buy yourself a fancy beer you enjoy. Good luck figuring everything out and know the Lightning boards are here for you as needed.
Thanks mate. I'm told a couple of friends and we are going to meet up and have some drinks and talk it over. I am pretty much telling her I need to be away from her for a while. I'm just going to take a month or two away from her. Just need to see after that amount of time, I can look at her and not be angry and disgusted. Upside probably go to Tampa to watch a few games this year.

Old
08-22-2013, 05:01 PM
Follower of Yzlam
Believe the Yzerplan

vCash: 1159
Quote:
Thanks mate. I'm told a couple of friends and we are going to meet up and have some drinks and talk it over. I am pretty much telling her I need to be away from her for a while. I'm just going to take a month or two away from her. Just need to see after that amount of time, I can look at her and not be angry and disgusted. Upside probably go to Tampa to watch a few games this year.
That's absolutely rough, man. I don't think there's a right way to handle it, just take your time and don't do anything rash.

Old
08-22-2013, 05:06 PM
Going Back to Cally
Sons of Pirates

Thanks guys. I'm doing well, radiation is not nearly as bad as I expected.

Sorry stryfe, I can't imagine being in a relationship that long and having that happen. I always said I would never be with someone who cheated on me and then it happened and I stayed with her and the relationship failed quickly anyway. I can't speak for you but I couldn't look at her the same ever again. Taking time away from her is probably the best thing you can do right now. Good luck to you.

Old
08-22-2013, 05:39 PM
stryfe604
Believes in Yzergod

Quote:
Thanks guys. I'm doing well, radiation is not nearly as bad as I expected.

Sorry stryfe, I can't imagine being in a relationship that long and having that happen. I always sOn thed I would never be with someone who cheated on me and then it happened and I stayed with her and the relationship failed quickly anyway. I can't speak for you but I couldn't look at her the same ever again. Taking time away from her is probably the best thing you can do right now. Good luck to you.
Thanks man, in comparison to you my problems seem like complete ****. So I'm manning up. Fight through your ****, beat it, and dance naked at the times forum for doing it. You are a inspiration to me.

On the other hand, who here is a season ticket holder? I'm playing to go to watch some games during October.

Old
08-22-2013, 07:14 PM
MattM92

Quote:
Thanks man, in comparison to you my problems seem like complete ****. So I'm manning up. Fight through your ****, beat it, and dance naked at the times forum for doing it. You are a inspiration to me.

On the other hand, who here is a season ticket holder? I'm playing to go to watch some games during October.
My dad and I have season tickets, and I'm happy that I only have to miss a few home games due to my school schedule this year as opposed to having to miss 10+ last year

Closed Thread