HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What are we Missing...Team Identity

Old
11-07-2006, 01:21 PM
Halifax Hellfish

vCash: 500
What are we Missing...Team Identity

Who is this team?
What is their style?
What do you think of when you hear "The Philadelphia Flyers?"

This team has no identity at all. The Flyers used to be feared and respected, but it seems like all of a sudden we are an expansion team trying to build a future from nothing. How did we lose our identity? I have no idea. But what we do need is a clear direction from someone.
Someone needs to start kicking A** in the room and get some of the Philadelphia spirit back. As it stands now we are going down without a fight.

Halifax Hellfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 02:13 PM
FlyersFanJS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifax Hellfish View Post
loads of talent with no effort and no results

FlyersFanJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 02:22 PM
M4

Quote:
Embarrassment.

to the city, the franchise, and to the fans

M4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 03:29 PM
facts

I agree, I live in Ontario and am granted the luxury of Centre Ice. I feel it is like paying $175 for the flyers season. I could not imagine paying top dollar to watch this team live- you guys desreve the utmost respect.
Team Identity- how about recognizing reality, man we are even starting to see backup goaltenders. Esche is terrible, Nitty is a wrist shots dream and our defense as a whole.. yes Pitkanen too suck. Freddy Meyer, Randy Jones- the dream is over fellas you are phantoms on the flyers ice.
Richards, Carter, Calder, Gagne and Forsberg should be shot with a ball of their own s#@!. And while we are talking forsberg get him to waive the no trade and get it done, he is not coming back. Maybe to Yotes for Doan. He would be a hit here and would be a easy resign, and he has captain credentials.
Trade Richards while his stock is still high, 3rd line is his destiny, hookup with Nashville they have the defense needed.
I like Knuble but not that much use his salary for a goalie- take the prospect or pick at the deadline. As much as Umberger has been the aftermentioned he has been light years better that Carter and Richards. Carter has speed so he will eventually begin to produce but he must be given the proper wingers for a period of time. I love this team with all my heart but it is time to take the hit and blow this up.

facts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 04:26 PM
marioooo!*

Heart and balls are what's missing. Big time.

marioooo!* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 04:33 PM
BringBackStevens

stop making threads

BringBackStevens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 04:38 PM
JXC
#LaviPondHockeyFail

Quote:
Originally Posted by kz View Post
stop making threads
LOL

JXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 05:06 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
stop making threads
+1

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 05:22 PM
dedhed

The Flyers former captain is a tough act for anyone to follow.Primeau was a" leader by example" sort of captain. Forsberg is trying the same tactic,however he doesn't have the personality of Preem's.
I feel bad for this team,because before Primeau they had Rod Brind'Amour to be their on-ice spokesman (who should've been their captain).The team also had Roenick after Brindy was traded for Preems.
All of the players I've just named had a feeling of leadership that carried the team. What the team has now is a bunch of guys who did well in the AHL but don't have a clue what to do in the NHL. They also have a laid back captain and their new coach is a "player-friendly" coach.They also have Gagne,who is supposed to be a star in this game,but has never shown up when his top center is out of the line-up.Gagne sucks and should be traded immediately.
The team also has no tough guys or decent goalies. Nitty and Ecshe couldn't hold Hextall's jock strap let alone compete at the level that Hexy gave us,(a great goalie who could fight and score too).
This team has no true leader(s).That is why their style is ponderous and pointless.That is also why they NEVER get any rebounds.They don't work hard enough for rebounds.They just glide endlessly from loss to loss.
They are sickening to watch,and should be booed very loudly by every PAYING spectator who actually goes to their games.Maybe the fans should take over the leadership of this team.

dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 06:24 PM
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

We're the Pavel Brendl of the NHL

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 06:31 PM
txpd

The Flyers missed the game change. They are a team of Battleships in the new Aircraft carrier world. They could beat the daylights out of other ships all day, but have no defense when the attack comes from the air.

txpd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 07:10 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

The Flyers fell for the new rules. They thought that they don't need to be physical anymore. They used to have an intimidator and play a rough game every night, putting fear into the opposition. I can now safely say with this Flyers team, that fear is gone

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 07:20 PM
FlyersFanJS

Quote:
stop making threads

FlyersFanJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 08:10 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue View Post
The Flyers fell for the new rules. They thought that they don't need to be physical anymore. They used to have an intimidator and play a rough game every night, putting fear into the opposition. I can now safely say with this Flyers team, that fear is gone
You keep saying this...

But I don't see how it has any bearing on crappy defense, crappy goaltending, and crappy goal scoring.

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 08:45 PM
FlyersWillRockU
Too Old? Rookies

Who is this team?

Quote:
Who is this team?
What is their style?

This team has no identity at all. The Flyers used to be feared and respected, but it seems like all of a sudden we are an expansion team trying to build a future from nothing. How did we lose our identity? I have no idea. But what we do need is a clear direction from someone.
Someone needs to start kicking A** in the room and get some of the Philadelphia spirit back. As it stands now we are going down without a fight.
This team has been lost and without any identity ever since Primeau and Desjardins hung up their skates. I agree that someone needs to start Freaking out in the dressing room cause the nice guy approach aint working.

FlyersWillRockU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 10:29 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm in a Teacup View Post
You keep saying this...

But I don't see how it has any bearing on crappy defense, crappy goaltending, and crappy goal scoring.
Well I think it's the key reason to the downfall. That was your team identity...and Hatcher was great last year, I guess he's really taken a turn and I mean you're team still has a solid core...it's just lacking chemistry if you ask me

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 10:46 PM
flyersfan97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodu View Post
We're the Pavel Brendl of the NHL

flyersfan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 11:18 PM
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdwilgus View Post
The Flyers former captain is a tough act for anyone to follow.Primeau was a" leader by example" sort of captain. Forsberg is trying the same tactic,however he doesn't have the personality of Preem's.
I feel bad for this team,because before Primeau they had Rod Brind'Amour to be their on-ice spokesman (who should've been their captain).The team also had Roenick after Brindy was traded for Preems.
All of the players I've just named had a feeling of leadership that carried the team. What the team has now is a bunch of guys who did well in the AHL but don't have a clue what to do in the NHL. They also have a laid back captain and their new coach is a "player-friendly" coach.They also have Gagne,who is supposed to be a star in this game,but has never shown up when his top center is out of the line-up.Gagne sucks and should be traded immediately.
The team also has no tough guys or decent goalies. Nitty and Ecshe couldn't hold Hextall's jock strap let alone compete at the level that Hexy gave us,(a great goalie who could fight and score too).
This team has no true leader(s).That is why their style is ponderous and pointless.That is also why they NEVER get any rebounds.They don't work hard enough for rebounds.They just glide endlessly from loss to loss.
They are sickening to watch,and should be booed very loudly by every PAYING spectator who actually goes to their games.Maybe the fans should take over the leadership of this team.
Nope never. He only had 9 goals in the 21 games without Forsberg last year and 2 in one game without him this year

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2006, 08:41 AM
dedhed

Sorry Mike,but he is not a leader.......and probably never will be. The team needs an identity,but will never find it with players like "Gags"

dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2006, 10:19 AM
Nacho
Special

A recovered Forsberg is what we need... It's kinda sad, but true, not much else on this roster to brag about...

Nacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2006, 01:43 PM
jfc64

The problem is that...

1. We have a first line and other lines. The other lines don't know that.

2. Lack of sense and skating from our defenders, letting our forwards get outnumbered on the attack and locked up on defense.

solution:

1. Hatcher 12 min DEFENSE
2. Play three lines for a while.
3. Trade for a defender with offensive ability. Willing to give up Hum-Wee and a second. Let one dinosaur sleep.
4. Jonsson in.
5. Every draw is good. Pig hockey.

Gagne-Foot Note-Kanooble
Sandy-Nedved-Ruzicka
Calder-Richards-Kapanen
Eager-Robitaille-Randy Jones or whatever

Pitkänen-Jonsson
Hamrlik-Gauthier
Hatcher-Meyer

Wow, can you feel the offensive FORCE from the defense and front...NOT! But worth a try.

jfc64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2006, 01:45 PM
jfc64

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue View Post

Undefeated last december in regular...

jfc64 is offline   Reply With Quote