HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

prucha = jan hlavac?

Old
11-06-2006, 10:16 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheresBarnaby View Post
Here here.

OT danno2530, and/or anyone else. Has Buffalo begun do a salute to the fans like the Rangers do? I forgot who, but someone's avatar is pretty much the same as yours except it has the Sabres doing it. Just wondering cause if so I think that's pretty lame. I know it's common in Europe, but the Rangers brought it over and It kinda makes me feel less warm and fuzzy to think other team are doing it too .
Who cares about Buffalo, if they want to bring the fan salute up north to their Canadian home, let them. They are usually in the middle of the pack attendance wise and played before empty houses when they sucked. Their fans are nothing special, and certainly don't deserve a salute from the players.

nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2006, 10:35 AM
Brooklyndevil
82nd Airborne

That's as lame as the Mets playing "Sadman" when Billy Wagner enters the game.

Brooklyndevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2006, 12:22 PM
Edge

You know push comes to shove, everything considered Prucha isn't having a bad start either.

His "off" start still has him on pace for 23 goals and 59 points.

In 82 career games (1 full season) he's got 34 goals and 57 points.

He's not a superstar but he brings energy and is probably the best goal scorer this team has on the south side of 30, something that should not be overlooked.

But if he's on pace for 23 goals and nearly 60 points without finding his groove, I think that's a pretty good reason to hold on to him and wait for him to actually find it.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2006, 12:23 PM
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyndevil View Post
That's as lame as the Mets playing "Sadman" when Billy Wagner enters the game.
Sadman?

Not a big Metallica fan eh?

Old
11-06-2006, 12:54 PM
SML

I don't think this comparison is very good. Hlavac was soft, and there was a reason why he bounced from team to team so much. Prucha is not soft. If Hlavac took one of the hits Prucha seems to get on a nightly basis, the guy would have disappeared for half the season. That being said, I would look into possibly moving Prucha for the right offer, only for the reason that the number of big hits he leaves himself open for is so high. It may never bother him, but I just don't think his shelf life is very long playing this way. I think once one of them really sticks, like a concussion, for example, the guy won't be able to change his game and will be hurt alot.

SML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2006, 12:56 PM
Ola

Jaromir Jagr=Valeri Kamensky?

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2006, 01:05 PM
in the hall

i wonder if hlavac would ever come back after getting his face rearranged by a hockey puck

in the hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2006, 01:57 PM
DutchShamrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall View Post
i wonder if hlavac would ever come back after getting his face rearranged by a hockey puck
Oh, that was a European puck that hit him in the face. It is made out of foam, but as you can see it caused alot of damage to Prucha's soft, finesse face. I'm sure that if a real North American granite puck would have hit a Sabre in his Canadian face he wouldn't have missed any ice time cough Paetsch cough. Just an observation.

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2006, 02:55 PM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheresBarnaby View Post
Here here.

OT danno2530, and/or anyone else. Has Buffalo begun do a salute to the fans like the Rangers do? I forgot who, but someone's avatar is pretty much the same as yours except it has the Sabres doing it. Just wondering cause if so I think that's pretty lame. I know it's common in Europe, but the Rangers brought it over and It kinda makes me feel less warm and fuzzy to think other team are doing it too .
I thought I saw them do it after they lost in OT to Atlanta the other day..maybe it was a one-shot deal..but if not, that's pretty unoriginal. Kind of like the Texans doing the Giants' "jump-shot" yesterday. But the Rangers originated that, so they can't take that part away

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2006, 03:32 PM
Fletch

Edge...

if Prucha scores 23 goals this season, I don't think I'd be too upset. That's about where I thought he'd be, minus a couple. It's tough to replicate last season's numbers with his PP time. I think Prucha played 11 minutes last night, despite OT, despite a lot of PP time vs. PK time, and despite getting a goal. If that's the way he's going to be played, then 23 goals will be an accomplishment.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2006, 03:50 PM
nyr7andcounting

Quote:
Originally Posted by vargas View Post
i really hope we can trade him for a bruising defenseman like cullimore if the rumors are true.
Prucha for Cullimore. Are you retarded?

nyr7andcounting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2006, 04:53 PM
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
if Prucha scores 23 goals this season, I don't think I'd be too upset. That's about where I thought he'd be, minus a couple. It's tough to replicate last season's numbers with his PP time. I think Prucha played 11 minutes last night, despite OT, despite a lot of PP time vs. PK time, and despite getting a goal. If that's the way he's going to be played, then 23 goals will be an accomplishment.
Exactly.

If he can still pop in the 20-25 goal range despite that role than that's pretty dang good. Having that many goals and 50-60 points out of a third line player isn't exactly chopped liver.

Personally I'd rather see him higher, but if that's where he's used and he produces like that, than so be it.

But again, what is funny to me, is that Prucha hasn't even gotten exceptionally hot yet and he's on that pace.

There's far more value there than people realize.

Old
11-06-2006, 05:15 PM
in the hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugerya View Post
Oh, that was a European puck that hit him in the face. It is made out of foam, but as you can see it caused alot of damage to Prucha's soft, finesse face. I'm sure that if a real North American granite puck would have hit a Sabre in his Canadian face he wouldn't have missed any ice time cough Paetsch cough. Just an observation.
what the **** are you talking about?

i have never cared whether prucha or hlavac or anyone is european or canadian.. way to confuse me for other people

in the hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2006, 05:39 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
Exactly.

If he can still pop in the 20-25 goal range despite that role than that's pretty dang good. Having that many goals and 50-60 points out of a third line player isn't exactly chopped liver.

Personally I'd rather see him higher, but if that's where he's used and he produces like that, than so be it.

But again, what is funny to me, is that Prucha hasn't even gotten exceptionally hot yet and he's on that pace.

There's far more value there than people realize.
What I love is how it seems like Prucha is still getting better and better. I honestly think only the sky is the limit for this kid.

In all honesty he just don't have much raw skill. He isn't especially fast, he aint even all that agile, not like a Gionta for example.

Though he just always executes on everything he is trying to do. He gets the passes through, he finds that little hole in the top corner, he wins the battles in the corners, he breaks up the passes in the neutral zone, he blocks the shots in his own end.

While he is struggling somewhat offensivly, he played a really good defense game agaisnt Buffalo for example. He also where more involved in the transition game.

I just don't expect him to stop developing anytime soon. I think there are allot of simularitys between Petr Prucha and Daniel Alfredsson.

Its funny reading the scouting reports on Alfie from his rookie year. Basically it says that he is all work ethic and a great shot. Not the typical finesse european, plays a very straight forward game, and is tough despite only beeing 511. At the time it where a good report, Alfie really had no playmaking skills or any hands to speak of. He worked extremely hard and had a really good shot. Now he is one of the elite playmakers in the game. Had 60 assists in 77 games last season.

With the workethic and determination Prucha have I could see him gooing in the same direction. Not beeing a identical player like Alfie, but beeing someone who maybe peaks offensivly when he is 32-34 y/o, like Alfie, and for Petr thats in 9 years.

I would defenitly not be shocked if Prucha at that age is a established top 15 scorer in the NHL, he got that magic, and a work ethic to go along with it. The skills aren't there now, but he is showing no signs whatsoever to stop developing. Its actually not unusual for hockeyplayers to keep developing allot late in their careers. Many players peak at the age of 32-34.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2006, 06:54 PM
Fletch

ola..

he seems to be rounding out his game nicely. What worries me currently is that it appears as though his puckhandling skills have deteriorated from last year and that he's not taking many shots. I think he's still trying to figure out how he fits in and the lack of PP times hurts him a lot (gets him out of flow, can lower his confidence in shooting), so it's an adjustment, but one I think he's handling well thus far.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2006, 06:56 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Guess no one liked my Malik=Kevin Hatcher

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2006, 07:47 PM
shoothepuck

After what he showed last night, how can anyone compare him to Hlavic. Prucha will get better and better, just give it time.

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2006, 03:23 PM
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoothepuck View Post
After what he showed last night, how can anyone compare him to Hlavic. Prucha will get better and better, just give it time.
Because of his injury, the kid has just now played the equivalent of one full NHL schedule.

Old
11-08-2006, 02:37 PM
25 A L I V E

Hahahahaha!!

What a laugher of a thread.

25 A L I V E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2006, 04:51 PM
Plato
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue View Post
Guess no one liked my Malik=Kevin Hatcher

Plato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2006, 06:48 PM
DutchShamrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall View Post
what the **** are you talking about?

i have never cared whether prucha or hlavac or anyone is european or canadian.. way to confuse me for other people
I wasn't bashing you, I was continuing the line of thought you started. It was merely a joke and I thought it was obvious that I wasn't taking you on... I've posted several times in this thread and have already addressed the opposition.

You seem so defensive that it's almost like you are hiding something.... maybe you have something against foam? I don't know.

That's a joke.

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2006, 07:18 AM
A-Train in Motion

Quote:
Originally Posted by vargas View Post
anyone else get the same impression?

like hlavac, prucha is always on his *** along the boards, gets destroyed by big hits and frequently plays too timid. hlavac had that one good year and then faded. prucha was a phenom last season but reality has now set in and he is on pace for not more than maybe 15 goals.

i really hope we can trade him for a bruising defenseman like cullimore if the rumors are true.
Are you kidding???

A-Train in Motion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2006, 03:51 PM
Fotiu22

Send a message via AIM to Fotiu22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugerya View Post
I wasn't bashing you, I was continuing the line of thought you started. It was merely a joke and I thought it was obvious that I wasn't taking you on... I've posted several times in this thread and have already addressed the opposition.

You seem so defensive that it's almost like you are hiding something.... maybe you have something against foam? I don't know.

That's a joke.
um... your post made no sense to me either, for the record....

Fotiu22 is offline   Reply With Quote