Slovak youth hockey thread (NT´s, home leagues, CHL, the draft etc.) part II

Old
08-08-2013, 10:06 AM
ThrashersfanSVK
@Jakub_Homola

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by R3v3r3nd View Post
I am watching matches of Slovakia U18 on Ivan Hlinka Memorial and I have to say that the year 96 is very weak. Very weak.

But Adrian Holesinsky playing very well. The captain. A very respectable player. Often wins duels, two-way center, good PP player, good balance and very well forchecking. Very good passer.
Holešinský is not a center.

ThrashersfanSVK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2013, 10:20 AM
Czechexpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrashersfanSVK View Post
Agreed with czechexpert. Lantoši has played great tournament. It was a little bit surprise for me that he was able to compete at U20 level already.

Daňo and especially Cehlárik has played almost nothing. It seemed to me that Cehlárik was trying to avoid injury before the summer camp with Lulea. But that's just hypothesis.

I'm rather wondering what are the czechexpert's thoughts on Pajpach. Pretty dominant against Russia, but yesterday two five hole goals (if not three...) and was pulled after 1st period.
never seen him play, Slivka was in net in exhibition game, Skorvanek against Finland.

Czechexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2013, 10:21 AM
Czechexpert

Quote:
Holešinský is not a center.
you are right

Hascic is easily the best forward for Slovakia there.

Old
08-08-2013, 10:22 AM
ThrashersfanSVK
@Jakub_Homola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czechexpert View Post
never seen him play, Slivka was in net in exhibition game, Skorvanek against Finland.
I thought you were in Piešťany during the 1st day. Ah, OK.

How did Slivka look like? I wasn't there.

Old
08-08-2013, 10:26 AM
ThrashersfanSVK
@Jakub_Homola

Quote:
you are right

Hascic is easily the best forward for Slovakia there.
Haščič is the only skater who has been able to compete at international level for all three games out of Slovak team.

I mean, Jaroš was solid yesterday, in the first two matches Maier had some good plays, Halama too, Holešinský as well, but all of them were not able to continue in this fashion for the rest of the round robin. Same for Milý. Looked solid against Finns, yesterday invisible.

So far Krasničan and Paločko have been the biggest dissapointments for me. They are totally invisible. Totally... At least they're not so awful as for example Koch or Moravčík. Even Ivanič is not so bad as those two.

Old
08-08-2013, 11:07 AM
petoNHL

2Jakub: Do you already know what happened to Novák?

petoNHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2013, 11:11 AM
R3v3r3nd

Quote:
Haščič is the only skater who has been able to compete at international level for all three games out of Slovak team.

I mean, Jaroš was solid yesterday, in the first two matches Maier had some good plays, Halama too, Holešinský as well, but all of them were not able to continue in this fashion for the rest of the round robin. Same for Milý. Looked solid against Finns, yesterday invisible.

So far Krasničan and Paločko have been the biggest dissapointments for me. They are totally invisible. Totally... At least they're not so awful as for example Koch or Moravčík. Even Ivanič is not so bad as those two.

Holesinsky is center. Only on this tournament is winger. (Bartanus). Holesinsky play in Sweden with Lantosi at line.
And I see all 3 games and looked, that Holesinsky is better than Hascic. Very good performance from Holesinsky.

My opinion.

R3v3r3nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2013, 11:13 AM
ThrashersfanSVK
@Jakub_Homola

Quote:
Originally Posted by petoNHL View Post
2Jakub: Do you already know what happened to Novák?
Just personal assumption – dehydration

Old
08-08-2013, 11:19 AM
ThrashersfanSVK
@Jakub_Homola

Quote:
Holesinsky is center. Only on this tournament is winger. (Bartanus). Holesinsky play in Sweden with Lantosi at line.
Source? I cannot exclude that but I'm wondering where this information comes from (I mean that information he's playing on center in Vasteras). Definitely it doesn't come from official site of Swedish IHF since there he is listed as a defenseman (or at least he was on March when I checked it for the last time), which is also BS.

He's been playing on wing for almost all his national team career. I remember him from U16 tournament in Trnava. He played on a right wing with Surový on the center and Javorek as another wing. Last season (in U17) he's been playing all season long (if he was in the squad) in the first line with Halama, who is center.

I don't want to be rude, but please. Do not persuade me when you're talking about youth national teams in Slovakia. Thanks.

Old
08-08-2013, 11:28 AM
R3v3r3nd

Quote:
Source? I cannot exclude that but I'm wondering where this information comes from (I mean that information he's playing on center in Vasteras). Definitely it doesn't come from official site of Swedish IHF since there he is listed as a defenseman (or at least he was on March when I checked it for the last time), which is also BS.

He's been playing on wing for almost all his national team career. I remember him from U16 tournament in Trnava. He played on a right wing with Surový on the center and Javorek as another wing. Last season (in U17) he's been playing all season long (if he was in the squad) in the first line with Halama, who is center.

I don't want to be rude, but please. Do not persuade me when you're talking about youth national teams in Slovakia. Thanks.
Bokros plays too on other players in this post. Reway plays as winger, Dano plays as winger, but this U20 (94') in Poprad plays as center. And Lunter plays as LW but he play RW in BB.

For me is fact Eliteprospect info and sweden clubs info as repre " atemptts".

Old
08-08-2013, 11:30 AM
DrPabloRamirez

Maier was the best slovak D against Russia (althoug he didn´t play in 1st period due problems with skate), Jaros had very good moments against USA and that is all. Trashersfan named some D, I agree with him. Their skills are really far from international level of play, a lot of wrong moves and passes. Maybe Cernak can help this team.
Holesinsky is disappointment for me, no dynamic.

DrPabloRamirez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2013, 11:38 AM
ThrashersfanSVK
@Jakub_Homola

Quote:
I see... So this explains everything.

Old
08-08-2013, 11:41 AM
DrPabloRamirez

Quote:
Bokros plays too on other players in this post. Reway plays as winger, Dano plays as winger, but this U20 (94') in Poprad plays as center. And Lunter plays as LW but he play RW in BB.

1st line in Poprad was Lunter (LW) - Reway (C) - Dano (RW) - I was on stadium.
Holesinsky is playing on wing in Vasteras, he is not center. I have never seen him playing as center in national team.

DrPabloRamirez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2013, 12:55 PM
R3v3r3nd

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPabloRamirez View Post
1st line in Poprad was Lunter (LW) - Reway (C) - Dano (RW) - I was on stadium.
Holesinsky is playing on wing in Vasteras, he is not center. I have never seen him playing as center in national team.
Yes, Lunter LW, Reway C, this is it what i mean...
In repre SR plays boys at different positions. According to what we want to play.

Holesinsky is center

Hossa - Demitra - Gaborik ??? Hossa is LW ???

Old
08-08-2013, 04:09 PM
Czechexpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPabloRamirez View Post
Maier was the best slovak D against Russia (althoug he didn´t play in 1st period due problems with skate), Jaros had very good moments against USA and that is all. Trashersfan named some D, I agree with him. Their skills are really far from international level of play, a lot of wrong moves and passes. Maybe Cernak can help this team.
Holesinsky is disappointment for me, no dynamic.
Agree, Maier was the best D. Koch is easily the biggest disappointment for me. Sloboda too but I didn´t expect much after last season. He was better three years ago...

Old
08-09-2013, 03:28 AM
alko

In regard to Holesinsky dispute.

Browse to this site. It is schedule from J18 league, season 2012/2013. Click on some Västeras game , there is option LINE UP. And vuala - Holesinsky is alway listed as center.
In some games with Lantosi as a wing.

alko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2013, 06:08 PM
R3v3r3nd

Quote:
Originally Posted by alko View Post
In regard to Holesinsky dispute.

Browse to this site. It is schedule from J18 league, season 2012/2013. Click on some Västeras game , there is option LINE UP. And vuala - Holesinsky is alway listed as center.
In some games with Lantosi as a wing.
And on Facebook profile RW/C... some games in Allsv... U18 as LW !!

Old
08-16-2013, 06:27 PM
HC Bienne
@llopesso19

were is stanislav horansky? i tought the kid was supposed to play for 10 games for Biel jr. this season... and then have a Swiss Licence to play in Swiss LNA...

HC Bienne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2013, 06:49 PM
petoNHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Special One View Post
were is stanislav horansky? i tought the kid was supposed to play for 10 games for Biel jr. this season... and then have a Swiss Licence to play in Swiss LNA...
he plays with HK Orange 20 at the Rona Cup right now, it looks like he will start the season with them and try to make the WJC team

petoNHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2013, 01:30 PM
ThrashersfanSVK
@Jakub_Homola

I am waiting for czechexpert's thoughts from Trnava.

He told me that he liked Tomek and Grman. Cannot disagree, although Roman has impressed me more than Grman (afaik, czechexpert was not present at the first Slovak game against Czechs, where Grman did not play good).

I really like the play of Peter Horvath in the both ends of rink. Competes well, good skating, very good at defense, too. Sádecký had some nice plays, too.

Bondra huge dissapointment. Škamla too.

Anyway, as for skating, this age class seems to be pretty good at skating in comparision to the other groups. Definitely, we have there some bad skaters like Oško, Nemec, Bondra, but still it seems they do not have such a big trouble with skating as it was common in previous years.

Old
08-22-2013, 08:36 PM
cagney
cdojdmccjajgejncjaba

Quote:

He told me that he liked Tomek and Grman. Cannot disagree, although Roman has impressed me more than Grman (afaik, czechexpert was not present at the first Slovak game against Czechs, where Grman did not play good).

I really like the play of Peter Horvath in the both ends of rink. Competes well, good skating, very good at defense, too. Sádecký had some nice plays, too.

Anyway, as for skating, this age class seems to be pretty good at skating in comparision to the other groups. Definitely, we have there some bad skaters like Oško, Nemec, Bondra, but still it seems they do not have such a big trouble with skating as it was common in previous years.
Do you have any opinions regarding stand out players from other countries that participated? Sorry to go off topic but there's no thread for the tournament elsewhere.

cagney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2013, 01:59 AM
Czechexpert

Quote:

I actually saw Slovakian team against Czech. Tomek looked really well in net. I liked Grman a lot, very mobile, plays hard, physical game, hardly beaten one on one. Made mostly good decision with the puck a can move puck a bit. He was easily the best D on team in my opinion. Roman didn´t impress me that much, his defensive game is very raw. Has some offensive potential though. Vadovic was okay in last game against USA.
Saw Bondra last season so I didn´t expect that much. Sadecky is decent player as well as Patoprsty and Horvath. Valjent has skills but is not dynamic skater which hurts him considering his size. No one stood out among Slovakian forwards for me.

Old
08-23-2013, 05:59 AM
ThrashersfanSVK
@Jakub_Homola

Quote:
I actually saw Slovakian team against Czech. Tomek looked really well in net. I liked Grman a lot, very mobile, plays hard, physical game, hardly beaten one on one. Made mostly good decision with the puck a can move puck a bit. He was easily the best D on team in my opinion. Roman didn´t impress me that much, his defensive game is very raw. Has some offensive potential though. Vadovic was okay in last game against USA.
Saw Bondra last season so I didn´t expect that much. Sadecky is decent player as well as Patoprsty and Horvath. Valjent has skills but is not dynamic skater which hurts him considering his size. No one stood out among Slovakian forwards for me.
I have never been a fan of Bondra, but to be honest, I have never seen him play so bad as he did in Trnava. The only thing he did well was tapping the stick on the ice in order to request the pass.

Vadovič was okay against US, was okay against Germany, but in 1st and 3rd match he was terrible. Rash in defensive zone, made a couple of turnovers there, though as an apology serves he was in pair with Škamla, who was bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cagney View Post
Do you have any opinions regarding stand out players from other countries that participated? Sorry to go off topic but there's no thread for the tournament elsewhere.
Impose was easily the best player from Swiss team. Dynamic skater, good skills.
From German team no one stood out as Impose. Napravnik and Daubner had some good matches, I liked d-man Gläßl.
Czech team - same case. Kaše was solid in the first two matches, then he was stuck little bit. Špaček good scoring touch. Both netminders were okay.
US - Boeser easily the best forward of the tournament. I liked Floodstrand as well. Nobody from defense has impressed me, definitely Dello did not deserve to be named the best defenseman of the tournament. Henley was better. This tournament was not the best proving of US defense.

Old
08-23-2013, 07:44 AM
Czechexpert

Quote:

Vadovič was okay against US, was okay against Germany, but in 1st and 3rd match he was terrible. Rash in defensive zone, made a couple of turnovers there, though as an apology serves he was in pair with Škamla, who was bad.

Impose was easily the best player from Swiss team. Dynamic skater, good skills.
From German team no one stood out as Impose. Napravnik and Daubner had some good matches, I liked d-man Gläßl.
Czech team - same case. Kaše was solid in the first two matches, then he was stuck little bit. Špaček good scoring touch. Both netminders were okay.
US - Boeser easily the best forward of the tournament. I liked Floodstrand as well. Nobody from defense has impressed me, definitely Dello did not deserve to be named the best defenseman of the tournament. Henley was better. This tournament was not the best proving of US defense.
Agree, Skamla was bad and the worst D was Trska.

Glassl is decent prospect and liked forward Mayenschein. Swiss team was surprisingly bad, four players impressed me a bit: Impose, Thurkauf, Holdener and Haberstich.
Czech goalie Vladar is excellent prospect and like late 97´forward Stransky(Matej´s brother) from long term standpoint. Both 98´born D Hajek and Budik were ther best D on team.
Team USA was easily the best team. There were several really good forwards, Boeser probably the best one. Than Novak, Floodstrand, Aibel. For me Dello was the best D. Than Henley. Ruggiero good defensively but not very smart.

Old
08-24-2013, 03:51 AM
alko

Quote:
Agree, Skamla was bad and the worst D was Trska.

Glassl is decent prospect and liked forward Mayenschein. Swiss team was surprisingly bad, four players impressed me a bit: Impose, Thurkauf, Holdener and Haberstich.
Czech goalie Vladar is excellent prospect and like late 97´forward Stransky(Matej´s brother) from long term standpoint. Both 98´born D Hajek and Budik were ther best D on team.
Team USA was easily the best team. There were several really good forwards, Boeser probably the best one. Than Novak, Floodstrand, Aibel. For me Dello was the best D. Than Henley. Ruggiero good defensively but not very smart.
As a ordinary ice hockey fan, who watch the games only to see nice goals a hard checks. How is your system to evaluate talent? What should i look for, to make me some picture of the players?

alko is offline   Reply With Quote