HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

New Eklund Rumer - 11-06-06

Old
11-08-2006, 11:26 PM
hockeyphan25

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Charisma View Post
I'm sorry, but I think you guys are seriously undervaluing Regehr here.

If Leopold netted Tanguay, I'm sure a Regehr trade could fetch more than that. Regehr is arguably the better defenceman of the two.

Tanguay >>> Umberger.

All things considered, if Regehr is > than Leopold, and Tanguay is > than Umberger, why would Regehr be traded for a return less than Tanguay?

Some of guys need to realize that you're not offering enough here.

It'd be similar to me proposing Matthew Lombardi and oh, let's say, Kris Chucko for Joni Pitkanen. It's simply undervaluing Pitkanen severly. It just wouldn't fly.
Wasn't that because Tanguay still had to sign? I'm not positive but I thought that was the case. Anyway I wouldn't give up Umberger but if you still want Pitkanen, please take him, Kipprusoff's GAA will double if they use him the way the Flyers do.

hockeyphan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2006, 05:39 AM
Hammerwise

Exactly, Tanguay was a bargain because he wanted 5 million plus.

While it might take more than Umberger, meyer and 2nd for Regehr. Regehr is struggling by his standards and if CALG doesn't do anything for its forwards, they will fall out of contention. If I'm CALG do I do that deal? Probably not, unless something else is added, but I don't think its a long way off as the West is vicious this year.

Is Umberger a cure for CALG? No, but he brings something CALG forwards lack other than Iginla, size, sandpaper, and some good hands. Some of their scoring forwards are tanguay, lombardi, langkow, kobasew, huselius and amonte. I think Umberger would look good in that mix.

I see CALG looking at this deal the same way OTT should be looking at Forsberg NOW. Both teams are falling back early and might not be able to catch up, unless you think OTT would prefer the 4-7 seed.

Hammerwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2006, 09:33 AM
krantan

I like Umberger, but if I can get Regehr for Umberger, any prospect in our system (Giroux or Picard have the most value I believe) and our first round pick I do it, and send Sutter a gift basket with a very nice selection of cheeses and pate. Regehr would be the best defenseman we have had since Desjardins was underrated. If this deal went down Pitkanen should be contractually required to wash his car twice a week.

krantan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2006, 10:58 AM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerwise View Post
Exactly, Tanguay was a bargain because he wanted 5 million plus.

While it might take more than Umberger, meyer and 2nd for Regehr. Regehr is struggling by his standards and if CALG doesn't do anything for its forwards, they will fall out of contention. If I'm CALG do I do that deal? Probably not, unless something else is added, but I don't think its a long way off as the West is vicious this year.

Is Umberger a cure for CALG? No, but he brings something CALG forwards lack other than Iginla, size, sandpaper, and some good hands. Some of their scoring forwards are tanguay, lombardi, langkow, kobasew, huselius and amonte. I think Umberger would look good in that mix.

I see CALG looking at this deal the same way OTT should be looking at Forsberg NOW. Both teams are falling back early and might not be able to catch up, unless you think OTT would prefer the 4-7 seed.
They also need centremen. Umberger may not be that first line centre, but two solid guys down the middle in Langkow and Umberger is better than just Langkow.

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2006, 05:51 PM
Ice Cream Man
$1 Oysters

Sorry guys, it'd still be a no-go.

We're giving up Regehr, and for reasons I mentioned before, his value is at a premium for that type of defenseman. If you think you're going to get Regehr with Umberger as the centre piece in return, start looking elsewhere for a different defenseman.

Regehr should land us either Richards or Carter and a top-level prospect at the minimum. If you want to offer Umberger and a mid-level prospect, maybe you should go after someone like Brewer instead. Regehr would realistically be out of your price margin if that's all you want to give up.

Oh, and the price for Tanguay was also along two second round picks, one of them conditional on Tanguay signing for more than one year. It cost us a pretty penny to get Tanguay, even before he signed. We miss Leopold like you wouldn't believe on the backend. That said, Regehr still, at his age, pricetag and what he brings to the team, is returning us alot more than what Leopold would. That return is not Umberger... or, atleast not the centrepiece. Sorry.

Ice Cream Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2006, 06:06 PM
Coburnfan05

I would trade either Carter or Umberger + picks and prospects for Regehr. Carter may not even pan out to what most of us think. Why not get a guaranteed top pairing dman who is only 26. The flyers have a pretty good young core of guys in the system and giving up one of the better ones is the only way they can improve thier dreadful defense.

Coburnfan05 is offline   Reply With Quote