HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

47th Obsequious Banter Thread - Patrick Thoresen is Titanium

Closed Thread

Old
08-08-2013, 08:01 AM
BernieParent

vCash: 500
Movie Network was running Rocky Horror Picture Show last night. That took me back to seeing it in the theatre for the first time: I was 15 and visiting my 20-year-old cousin, who took me with his girlfriend and another friend. I could hardly believe what I was seeing. The costumes, the props, flying toast, it was quite the experience.

Old
08-08-2013, 09:05 AM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetheflyers8 View Post
How much do you guys think I could get for an Eric Lindros stick signed by Lindros? I think it was one that he would've played/practiced with if it hadn't been given to me, as I got it from someone with connections to people with the Flyers but I'm not certain. I don't want to sell it but I may need to.
Probably a decent amount. Game used signed sticks by premiere players can get a decent coin. If you are looking to sell it for a reasonable price, let me know how much I may be interested.

08-08-2013, 09:38 AM
flyersguy33*

I got a game used Shanahan stick. They say he didn't sign too many autographs so its kinda cool

Old
08-16-2013, 10:47 AM
Phileeguy
G's got good hands.

World's worst kept secret finally confirmed as existing:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...1-cia/2663829/

Old
08-16-2013, 03:26 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

I met a guy named Krishna last night...

Old
08-16-2013, 03:28 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Uhhh... what?

Old
08-16-2013, 04:23 PM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
I met a guy named Krishna last night...
It was nice to meet you

Old
08-23-2013, 12:38 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Holy sweet mother of ****ing hell I hate Comcast. I switched to DirecTV about two years ago because I just couldn't deal with the incredible amount of ******** that Comcast was feeding me. I was able to deal with slower internet speeds with Verizon DSL and without getting the Phillies (the Flyers, for some reason, were not blacked out on Center Ice, but the Phillies were blacked out on Extra Innings). Well DirecTV just upped their prices and I really missed watching the Phillies on a daily basis, so I decided to switch to Comcast becuase there were good offers going on. I set up an appointment for today, and they don't show until an hour after the appoint window. They finally get there and tell me they have to come back because my house was disconnected from the pole (something I told them when I signed up and they said the tech would be able to handle). On top of that, I was told that the Comcast approved modem (which I bought through a link provided on their website) is not compatible with the equipment so I have to return it and get a different one (from the same website) or lease one from them. Then I got an email from Comcast talking about my changed appointment, and noticed that not only was the price higher than I was originally told, it also doesn't include the channels that I specifically asked for (Showtime and the sports package, which the person I ordered it from told me were included for free for the full two year contract).

How the ****ing **** does a company that is this incompetent still exist? I cannot express my hatred for this ****ing company enough. It is unbelievable. Luckily the last time I dealt with these *******s and they tried screw me over, I filed a complaint with the FCC and the NJ Board of Public Utilities and viola, I got a response from a corporate representative and everything was fixed. I plan on calling the same person after everything is all set up (hopefully) on Sunday.

Old
08-23-2013, 12:55 PM
Hollywood Couturier

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Holy sweet mother of ****ing hell I hate Comcast. I switched to DirecTV about two years ago because I just couldn't deal with the incredible amount of ******** that Comcast was feeding me. I was able to deal with slower internet speeds with Verizon DSL and without getting the Phillies (the Flyers, for some reason, were not blacked out on Center Ice, but the Phillies were blacked out on Extra Innings). Well DirecTV just upped their prices and I really missed watching the Phillies on a daily basis, so I decided to switch to Comcast becuase there were good offers going on. I set up an appointment for today, and they don't show until an hour after the appoint window. They finally get there and tell me they have to come back because my house was disconnected from the pole (something I told them when I signed up and they said the tech would be able to handle). On top of that, I was told that the Comcast approved modem (which I bought through a link provided on their website) is not compatible with the equipment so I have to return it and get a different one (from the same website) or lease one from them. Then I got an email from Comcast talking about my changed appointment, and noticed that not only was the price higher than I was originally told, it also doesn't include the channels that I specifically asked for (Showtime and the sports package, which the person I ordered it from told me were included for free for the full two year contract).

How the ****ing **** does a company that is this incompetent still exist? I cannot express my hatred for this ****ing company enough. It is unbelievable. Luckily the last time I dealt with these *******s and they tried screw me over, I filed a complaint with the FCC and the NJ Board of Public Utilities and viola, I got a response from a corporate representative and everything was fixed. I plan on calling the same person after everything is all set up (hopefully) on Sunday.
Yup, Comcast most definitely does suck. Spent two plus hours talking to them on the phone this past weekend. Kept getting tossed back and forth between people when all I was doing was trying to get the boxes activated and it wasn't working. At one point one lady said that she never heard of the error that was on the screen before. It was the most common error that comes up on Comcast. Literally thousands of responses when you look it up on Google. And later a person told me they couldn't help me because my box said it was midnight, when in reality it was like 9 and it only said 12:00 because it wasn't activated. I eventually gave up.

In regards to the tech showing up late. One time I had an appointment for 3PM and I woke up to the tech being in my room (that's where the modem is) because my housemate let him in after he was banging on the door. This was at 5:30 in the morning. The tech texted me asking if it was ok for him to come early. I'm like what the ****? 3PM does not equal 5:30AM. This was after I set up an appointment the day before telling them specifically to call my housemates number because i'd be in work. They didn't call either of us. I'm 100% sure that they had the right number too. So I called them still during the time window when they were supposed to come and ask what the story was. They said they didn't get a response from us so the tech skipped over our house. I told them well you didn't call me or anyone and they said well he can't come back now. Mean while 2 1/2 hours were left in my window of what time they said he'd be there.

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay

Last edited by Hollywood Couturier: 08-23-2013 at 01:12 PM.
Old
08-23-2013, 01:11 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
I love when they give you the wrong package and price. It's practically a rite of passage for new Comcast accounts...I've never been able to open an account and get the price they quoted me, it's always 20 bucks or more above what I was told.

My girlfriend is responsible for the current account. She raged at them hard enough to get our 6 month trial of HBO extended to indefinite free HBO.

08-23-2013, 02:44 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
I love when they give you the wrong package and price. It's practically a rite of passage for new Comcast accounts...I've never been able to open an account and get the price they quoted me, it's always 20 bucks or more above what I was told.

My girlfriend is responsible for the current account. She raged at them hard enough to get our 6 month trial of HBO extended to indefinite free HBO.
It really is truly amazing to me. When I was talking with the guy that I originally ordered the services from, I told him I would be willing to pay the higher price for all the channels. He said don't worry about it, he'll hook me up. He'll get me the channels for like $25 a month less. Why the **** would he say that and then not do it? I was willing to pay more. It isn't like I was trying to pull a fast one and get some kind deal by them. I wanted to orer their services and get the channels and such that I wanted without having to go through red tape and bull ****. Even if I got my first bill and it was more expensive, but the channels were there, I would be able to understand it. But why lie to me and not give me the channels? Doesn't that hurt your commission? What the **** is going on at Comcast? It doesn't make sense. I swear to God they are doing it on purpose because there is simply no other explanation. I refuse to believe that such a major corporation does not have one single employee that can properly do their job.

Sorry for the rant, but Comcast has got to be the absolute 100% worst ****ing company on the face of the planet and it gets under my skin like nothing else.

Old
08-23-2013, 03:16 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

The last account I opened had 110 bucks on the contract I signed. My first bill was something like 140+ dollars. There was rage.

Old
08-23-2013, 04:00 PM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

vCash: 955
#firstworldproblems

08-23-2013, 05:24 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 View Post
#firstworldproblems
People say stuff like this, but when you're paying for a service, you should get what you pay for. Maybe it is a first world problem, but just because it isn't a necessity doesn't mean it isn't a pain in the ass to be ****ed over with it.

Old
08-23-2013, 05:39 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 View Post
#firstworldproblems
Indeed.

Old
08-24-2013, 06:38 AM
kicksave27

I would have thought with the economy the way it is that businesses would have pretty decent customer service. Especially local people like pavers or exterminators, but whenever I try to get a job done around my place I always have to repeatedly call people before they get back to me. It's bad business

Old
08-25-2013, 11:21 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Update to my Comcast Hell:

They show up this morning and install everything. Was told I was getting whole home DVR from Comcast when I signed up (which I thought didn't exist). They get here and the guy has one box called an X1, one DVRs and three HD boxes. The X1, I am told by the guy, is the whole home DVR, only in this area (south jersey pine barrens) it doesn't work so he isn't sure why I wanted it. He tells me forget about it, just use the one DVR and call and ask for another one later for my other room. So he brings in all these boxes and I explain I only have three TVs, not five. He looks confused and looks at the work order and makes sure it is the right house. It is and he sets up the TVs. Then the internet.

Then gets ready to leave. I ask about the phone and he says what phone, you didn't order a Triple Play. So I get out my receipt from when I ordered, an email confirmation, and the ticket from the guy that showed up late Friday who couldn't install it that all say I got the Triple Play. So he has to call Comcast and they say I don't have it and go back and forth until he sets it up because I clearly ordered it.

So he leaves. I turn on the TV, and I don't have Showtime or the Sports and Entertainment Package, which I specifically asked for. Then about ten minutes later my alarm system starts going off because he didn't hook up my phone to my previously installed alarm system. So I call up and he'll be back between 2 and 6 tonight. This company is truly ****ing amazing.

1) How in holy sweet mother ****ing ******* hell can you get an order so wrong, even when I have several confirmations?

2) Why is there a product (the X1 box) that you are offering and charging people for, that doesn't work in my area? The guy said "I can give you the box, but you won't get whole home DVR and you won't be able to pull up the guide...you can just go up and down the channels and get On Demand." ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME?!

I feel like I am making all this stuff up because it is so ****ing insanely out of control ridiculous.

Old
08-25-2013, 12:00 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Comcast lives to bend you over. Easily the worst costumer services I ever dealt with.

I recently tried cutting my bill down so I got rid of a small little tv/cable box in my kitchen & the modem on my computer. In doing that I cut $20 a month off with not having to rent both of them every month.

So I call Comcast trying to figure what type of modem I have to buy & I told them a 100x's I need one that has a phone jack included in it because I have their phone service. As well so they tell me I order it off Best Buy online, it comes about a week later no phone jack included.

So I just went to the actual store & bought it there, a guy there showed me what I need. I probably should have done that from the start but it's still inexcusable for the Comcast's employee's not to know their own products.

Old
08-25-2013, 01:38 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

Comcasts customer service gets far worse if you live in a smaller metro area with less competition/less money to be made due to a small populace. They just care less, if such a thing can be possible. While still crap, the customer service I've gotten in Northern Virginia is far better than what I had in Richmond, and infinitely better in Blacksburg, where I'm convinced they employed only one tech for all of the county.

Old
08-25-2013, 01:59 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

More update:

I called them to straighten out my account and was told they would call me back in a half hour (about 45 minutes ago...still no call back). While on the phone, I asked the woman about the X1 box and why they offered it to me if it doesn't work in my area, and she assured me it did and that the tech was just misinformed. Either way, I don't have one and I am 100% expecting to get charged for it on my first bill because they are incompetent ****ing *******s. Hopefully they actually call me back (last time they said they were going to do that, they never did and I called back the next day and was accused of being rude the day before and abruptly ending the phone call without resolving the issue).

Old
08-25-2013, 02:49 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
More update:

I called them to straighten out my account and was told they would call me back in a half hour (about 45 minutes ago...still no call back). While on the phone, I asked the woman about the X1 box and why they offered it to me if it doesn't work in my area, and she assured me it did and that the tech was just misinformed. Either way, I don't have one and I am 100% expecting to get charged for it on my first bill because they are incompetent ****ing *******s. Hopefully they actually call me back (last time they said they were going to do that, they never did and I called back the next day and was accused of being rude the day before and abruptly ending the phone call without resolving the issue).
2 or 3 years ago Richmond got nailed by its annual tropical storm/hurricane. Comcast lost cable and internet in the area for 2 ****ing weeks. My mother had switched to exclusively online payments for bills, and they were all due. She spent an hour on hold, waiting, wanting only to hear an estimate on when they expected repairs to be completed. Finally, she gets a rep...who promptly hangs up on her. I got the call at 10am, right as the Verizon store was opening, asking for what smart phone she needed to get. Her math had shown the cost of late fees on the bills would have been equal to something like 3 month of a data plan, so she decided to end her long embargo on smart phones.

The cherry on top was when she got the monthly bill and they had not only charged her the full amount for that month (after hanging up on her and missing weeks of service), they charged a reconnection fee for fixing the cable and internet. My sister tells me this launched a multi-day blood feud on the phone and in stores which was hilarious to behold, and which resulted in them getting more sports channels for free in the end; likely to make my mom go away.

So, if you're enough of an ******* (like my mom and girlfriend were), eventually Comcast will bribe you to stop calling them.

Old
08-25-2013, 05:59 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
2 or 3 years ago Richmond got nailed by its annual tropical storm/hurricane. Comcast lost cable and internet in the area for 2 ****ing weeks. My mother had switched to exclusively online payments for bills, and they were all due. She spent an hour on hold, waiting, wanting only to hear an estimate on when they expected repairs to be completed. Finally, she gets a rep...who promptly hangs up on her. I got the call at 10am, right as the Verizon store was opening, asking for what smart phone she needed to get. Her math had shown the cost of late fees on the bills would have been equal to something like 3 month of a data plan, so she decided to end her long embargo on smart phones.

The cherry on top was when she got the monthly bill and they had not only charged her the full amount for that month (after hanging up on her and missing weeks of service), they charged a reconnection fee for fixing the cable and internet. My sister tells me this launched a multi-day blood feud on the phone and in stores which was hilarious to behold, and which resulted in them getting more sports channels for free in the end; likely to make my mom go away.

So, if you're enough of an ******* (like my mom and girlfriend were), eventually Comcast will bribe you to stop calling them.
Oh yeah. Last time this happened I filed a complaint with the FCC and the NJ Board of Public Utilities. I got a phone call from an "Executive Account Specialist" the next day. Fixed everything without a problem (shocking, right?). I kept her direct dial number and will be calling her first thing in the morning to let her know what is going on or another FCC/BPU complaint will be forthcoming.

Also, I have been on hold for ten minutes (at least) trying to get my On Demand to work. It was giving me an error code so I called up and told the lady what the code was. She said she didn't know what that code meant but I restarted the box and that fixed it...except now it is saying I don't have a subscription to HBO so I can't watch HBO On Demand...even though I have a subscription and am currently watching HBO.

Old
08-25-2013, 06:17 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

Yeah we have a direct number laying around too. It's the only way to go.

The On Demand thing is likely an issue with your cable box. Comcast's boxes are usually 3-4 generations behind.

Old
08-25-2013, 06:21 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

Oh, and summer seems to be the worst time to deal with Comcast. They hire a lot of high school and college kids on break to work their phones; we've noticed a distinct difference during school breaks. A lot of them just don't have as much knowledge.

Old
08-26-2013, 06:44 AM
kicksave27

I do not miss Comcast, fios has been good so far. At the very least I save a ton of money for the next 2 years.

Closed Thread