2013-14 Line Combos

Old
08-22-2013, 08:35 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkGio View Post
Yeah man. I wonder which of Horak, Arnold, Reinhart, and Granlund get converted to wing?
I'm gonna say Granlund, who may make our team this year. His defensive game isn't the best, so he should thrive being allowed to focus more on the offensive side of things. Horak already has shown some success on the wing. I think you need to keep guys like Knight and Arnold down middle because their two way game is top notch. I actually think Arnold may be our most underrated prospect we have.

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2013, 11:23 PM
ALI

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
I'm gonna say Granlund, who may make our team this year. His defensive game isn't the best, so he should thrive being allowed to focus more on the offensive side of things. Horak already has shown some success on the wing. I think you need to keep guys like Knight and Arnold down middle because their two way game is top notch. I actually think Arnold may be our most underrated prospect we have.
Arnold, Ramage, Kulak and Elson IMO are really underrated

ALI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2013, 11:29 PM
MarkGio

vCash: 67
Quote:
That sounds pretty good to me. Reinhart is one that I'm curious about too. I think he could stay a centre in the AHL and then play the wing as a NHLer.

MarkGio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2013, 02:02 AM
Adirondack Flames

lmfao @ Granlund making the team this year. I doubt he will even succeed in the AHL, forget the NHL.

Adirondack Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2013, 02:27 AM
MonahanTheMan
Pray for Flames

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbotsford Heat View Post
lmfao @ Granlund making the team this year. I doubt he will even succeed in the AHL, forget the NHL.
He probably won't make the NHL this year, but he looked really good at prospect camp from everything I've heard. His HIFK point totals haven't been bad, either. What makes you think he'll fail?

MonahanTheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2013, 07:05 AM
Adirondack Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonahanTheMan View Post
He probably won't make the NHL this year, but he looked really good at prospect camp from everything I've heard. His HIFK point totals haven't been bad, either. What makes you think he'll fail?
He's not a good skater, he is softer than a baby's butt, he is poor defensively, his playmaking is below average.

He does have a good shot though and in prospects camp that is all that impressed.

Old
08-23-2013, 08:36 AM
Hand of Gaudreau
Gaudreaubey Baker

Quote:
He's not a good skater, he is softer than a baby's butt, he is poor defensively, his playmaking is below average.

He does have a good shot though and in prospects camp that is all that impressed.
Now you're just making stuff up, every single thing I have read about him, puts him as a well above average play maker, with great hockey sense, and a solid center at both ends of the ice. He had 7 assists in the WJC in 6 games, to go along with a 12 point total. This was second only to what is considered an elite talent in RNH. Who had 15 points.

I honestly wasn't able to see any Fin games, but I watched some highlights of him doing some pretty special stuff. I don't think it's time to completely write him off.

Oh, and he won pretty much every faceoff.

Hand of Gaudreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2013, 10:01 AM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

Quote:

He's not poor defensively, that aspect of his game does needs work if he is to make the NHL though. And he's a very good playmaker and he does have a very accurate shot.

No offence, but I think Conroy has a better grasp on if he's close to the NHL or not. I'm pretty sure he made the comment they think he may be a dark horse to make the squad this year. I don't expect him to, but if someone steps up and surprises and steals a spot my money is on him (ie. Horak 2 seasons ago).

Old
08-23-2013, 10:02 AM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 133
Quote:

Stop being so negative about all of our prospects. God.

InfinityIggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2013, 10:45 AM
ALI

MA.Granlund will be better then MI.Granlund

ALI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2013, 10:49 AM
Hand of Gaudreau
Gaudreaubey Baker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALI View Post
Tough to say, they will be exceptionally different players, I wish we had both, as I believe their styles compliment eachother, ala Sedin twins, but I would prefer to have Markus over Mikael long run if I can't have both..

Hand of Gaudreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2013, 10:55 AM
MarkGio

vCash: 67
So what if we traded Cammy and Stempniak, what would our lines look like after the deadline?

Baertschi - Backlund - Hudler
Glencross - Stajan - Jones
Horak - Knight - Galliardi
Bouma - Reinhart - Granlund

I wonder if that would kill Abby's chances at the Calder?

MarkGio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2013, 11:06 AM
TylerSVT*

vCash: 1303
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALI View Post
MI Granlund is looking more like Marc Bouchard than the legit #1 he was penned to be.

TylerSVT* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2013, 11:07 AM
TylerSVT*

vCash: 1303
Quote:
So what if we traded Cammy and Stempniak, what would our lines look like after the deadline?

I cant see us winning the Calder anyways.

TylerSVT* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2013, 11:15 AM
Anglesmith
Fancyman of Cornwood

vCash: 400
Quote:

Depends if we assume that we won't get any roster players back, or new top prospects to jump over Horak or Granlund on the depth chart.

I honestly don't see those lines ever coming to fruition. Guys like Granlund won't be brought up if the only spot we have is on the fourth line. That's Big Ern's spot.

I'm also unsure about whether Reinhart belongs there. I think he has top-9 potential.

Anglesmith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2013, 11:34 AM
Adirondack Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
what the hell? I am usually defending our prospects.

Old
08-23-2013, 11:48 AM
Stewie Griffin
Benevolent Overlord

Quote:
I read this post in Napoleon Dynamite's voice. It was amusing.

(reference for those who don't get it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5X4UTXESMY)

I do question Granlund's ability to stay in North America, albeit based on extremely limited viewings of his play. If he makes either team, it's because he fills a need.

08-23-2013, 12:18 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

Quote:
what the hell? I am usually defending our prospects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
I read this post in Napoleon Dynamite's voice. It was amusing.

(reference for those who don't get it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5X4UTXESMY)

I do question Granlund's ability to stay in North America, albeit based on extremely limited viewings of his play. If he makes either team, it's because he fills a need.
Heck Yes.

His dance moves remind me of Irving's goaltending

Granlund is going to be one of those guys who will only make it if he can learn to play a full 200 foot game. He has the offensive skills, but no so much though that he can become a top-6 player with that alone.

Old
08-23-2013, 12:44 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

I really believe no one has an accurate read on Granlund's play. I just go by what I see, in the WJC's he impressed the hell out of me. He was always a threat, deadly shot, created offence on his own, and in no way did he look like a liability in his own end. His biggest flaws are his size and skating. Other than that, I've mostly seen highlights of him which obviously usually make a player look good.

Management seems to be pretty high on the kid, and he's definitely one of our most skilled prospects we have. He played on a weak team last year, and to me it seems as though every time he gets paired with higher skilled guys, he elevates his game which will be the case over here.

Again, I'm not expecting him to make the Flames this year, but it wouldn't completely surprise me if he did going by managements comments on him.

Old
08-23-2013, 01:11 PM
The Gnome

vCash: 500
Quote:
I really believe no one has an accurate read on Granlund's play. I just go by what I see, in the WJC's he impressed the hell out of me. He was always a threat, deadly shot, created offence on his own, and in no way did he look like a liability in his own end. His biggest flaws are his size and skating. Other than that, I've mostly seen highlights of him which obviously usually make a player look good.

Management seems to be pretty high on the kid, and he's definitely one of our most skilled prospects we have. He played on a weak team last year, and to me it seems as though every time he gets paired with higher skilled guys, he elevates his game which will be the case over here.

Again, I'm not expecting him to make the Flames this year, but it wouldn't completely surprise me if he did going by managements comments on him.
Yup, both feaster and conroy have stated that the player they are most excited to see in training camp is granlund. Both also said he has a shot at the team this year, if his stellar showing so far carries into training camp. This was from big show interviews on the fan. Granlund was a beast at the prospects camp, and management is very high on him.

I don't know where most on this board are getting their info from.

The Gnome is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2013, 01:16 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

Quote:

Lets hope you are on the money then, but from everything I have seen of him he is average in his own end, not a liability though. I just think its the thing he needs to improve on most.

Old
08-23-2013, 01:30 PM
Anglesmith
Fancyman of Cornwood

vCash: 400
Quote:
Lets hope you are on the money then, but from everything I have seen of him he is average in his own end, not a liability though. I just think its the thing he needs to improve on most.
Which is fine. Most players have something they need to improve on more than other things. That doesn't mean he can't play professional hockey, which is basically what AH was alleging.

Anglesmith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2013, 01:57 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

Quote:
That was my point basically to, being average and poor are two different things. A lot of Euro players need defensive work more than anything else if they are going to make it in the NHL, so that's not a huge surprise. Ward may actually be the perfect coach for him next season.

Old
08-23-2013, 02:00 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by wflames View Post
Which is fine. Most players have something they need to improve on more than other things. That doesn't mean he can't play professional hockey, which is basically what AH was alleging.
I know. I am just saying that its not untrue he needs to work on that part of his game.

Old
08-23-2013, 02:23 PM
Adirondack Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by wflames View Post
I guess we will see