Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bruins Prospect Thread Part IV

Closed Thread

Old
08-07-2013, 06:19 PM
caley

vCash: 500
He's a good player. His biggest problem is he's a bit of a tweener: not very big for a defensive defenceman, doesn't put up especially eye-popping offensive stats. I'm amazed that some team didn't draft him in the 2013 draft knowing Kelowna's history of producing defencemen (Just to name a few: Tyson Barrie, Tyler Myers, Luke Schenn, Alex Edler, Shea Weber, Duncan Keith).

08-07-2013, 06:19 PM
bruinsfan46

Don't know anything about Lees but I'm just curious if the Bruins have signed anybody who would be eligible to re-enter the draft since signing terrible Adam Courchaine? Can't remember any. It's an avenue available if a guy like Lees impresses.

Old
08-07-2013, 06:45 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxon Eric View Post
Its in Florida,9/6 9/7 9/8
Hopefully all our Euro's will be able to play in this, the 7 in college and HS can't, might be an ugly looking roster
aint going to be that ugly with JK, RS, and some other pretty good prospects in it

Old
08-07-2013, 07:37 PM
nycbruins*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsfan46 View Post
Don't know anything about Lees but I'm just curious if the Bruins have signed anybody who would be eligible to re-enter the draft since signing terrible Adam Courchaine? Can't remember any. It's an avenue available if a guy like Lees impresses.
I like to think I know everything & am hate for it, but I have no idea what the rules are for signing subsequent draft eligible players. What are the rules? Can they slide the contract since he's 18?

Thanks to anyone who might know

Old
08-07-2013, 08:14 PM
Colt.45Orr

Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post
He's a good player. His biggest problem is he's a bit of a tweener: not very big for a defensive defenceman, doesn't put up especially eye-popping offensive stats. I'm amazed that some team didn't draft him in the 2013 draft knowing Kelowna's history of producing defencemen (Just to name a few: Tyson Barrie, Tyler Myers, Luke Schenn, Alex Edler, Shea Weber, Duncan Keith).
There is not a ton of difference between him and the slightly bigger -sometimes partner- Bowey (who went right around #50 this year)... Obviously the 2'' and 20pds make a pretty huge difference. I'm a big believer that if a defender is sub 6 ft than he has to be elite at something or the other and I don't see that with him. Right now there is nothing there to excite me about him but he can still make a go of it though (see Spurgeon, Jared) but he's going to need to bust out offensively this year and he is young enough for this to be a possibility.

Old
08-07-2013, 10:09 PM
Alan Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleAAAA View Post
Interesting ... can't find much on him, but looks like he may have been overlooked in the draft. Very young, just barely made draft cut-off, had a break out offensive year, average sized defender. http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1449287

Kirk Luedeke had Lees as one of his underrated players before the draft:

Jesse Lees, D Kelowna (WHL) - As one of the youngest players in the 2013 draft class, he’s also overshadowed at times on the Rockets’ deep group of defenders. Although undersized for the position, he still has room to grow and plays a pretty effective game in his own end while exhibiting impressive power play potential at the next level. The Bruins have shown a tendency to go for smaller, speedy d-men with skill, so Lees has a shot at being the next in a pretty long line of “little engine that could” types inspired by Torey Krug’s breakthrough postseason.

http://www.hockeyjournal.com/blog/ki...d_or_overrated

Old
08-07-2013, 10:31 PM
bruinsfan46

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycbruins View Post
I like to think I know everything & am hate for it, but I have no idea what the rules are for signing subsequent draft eligible players. What are the rules? Can they slide the contract since he's 18?

Thanks to anyone who might know
Contracts slide like normal until the season they're 20 before December 31st. There's a deadline they have to be signed by which I believe is around September 15th and after that the player has to wait to re-enter the draft in the spring.

Old
08-07-2013, 11:24 PM
Shaun
beauty

Any chance of the prospect tournament being streamed? Lots of talent playing.

Old
08-08-2013, 08:00 AM
nycbruins*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsfan46 View Post
Contracts slide like normal until the season they're 20 before December 31st. There's a deadline they have to be signed by which I believe is around September 15th and after that the player has to wait to re-enter the draft in the spring.
Cool, thanks. So it seems like they could slide the K for 2 years. With guys like Tyler randell & Adam Morrison getting contracts, it probably can't hurt to sign him if he looks good at all in training camp.

Old
08-09-2013, 10:16 AM
GloryDaze4877
Stone Clode 3:17

Just a heads up for fans in Western MA, the USNTDP team will be playing UMass at the Mullins Center in January. Good opportunity to see some young talent.

Old
08-12-2013, 07:38 PM
chizzler

Quote:
Originally Posted by glorydaze4877 View Post
just a heads up for fans in western ma, the usntdp team will be playing umass at the mullins center in january. Good opportunity to see some young talent.
nice!!

Old
08-13-2013, 06:02 PM
KRM

Blidh on Frölunda's first line when the won 4-0 over Jokerit in the European Trophy. Played a good game, made himself not to popular with the Jokerit players.

Old
08-14-2013, 04:56 PM
Ogrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRM View Post
Blidh on Frölunda's first line when the won 4-0 over Jokerit in the European Trophy. Played a good game, made himself not to popular with the Jokerit players.
My (possibly premature) impression is that he might be ready to play with the big boys but Frölunda has plenty of depth ahead of him.
What do Frölunda fans project for him this season in terms of 'where' he will play?

Old
08-17-2013, 08:25 PM
bardown23
Live for hockey

Joe Morrow's ceiling?

Will he be a future top four defense man in the future or will he be a bust? To me it seems he has all the skills in the world and just needs to put all of that together to be a force. I think with the right coaching in providence he will eventually become a decent - top contributor for the bruins in a couple of years. Thoughts? Also who would you compare him to, maybe a Brent Seabrook less defense more offense?

Old
08-18-2013, 10:54 AM
Dom - OHL
http://ohlwriters.co

Send a message via MSN to Dom - OHL
As promised

Spoke with someone via email with SKA Saint Petersburg

Chudinov will not be coming to North America this year. Has an out clause in his contract (this season) to come to North America but will not be using it. The team is fully committed to re-signing him when his contract is expired. They are extremely happy with him and he is a major piece of their defense.

Have at it.

Old
08-18-2013, 11:39 AM
Ratty

With the depth the team has on defence, with Krug, Bart, Hamilton, Morrow and possibly Trotman, Chudinov's absence will not be felt this season. At some point, though, I'd like him come to a Camp to see where he could fit in the organizational structure.

Old
08-18-2013, 05:47 PM
bruinsfan46

Seems like a career KHLer to me, seeing Alexandrov fail in the organization wouldn't help convince him Boston is the place for Chudinov. If he ever comes over the great, if not then he was only a seventh round pick.

Old
08-20-2013, 12:35 PM
KRM

Blidh selected to the U20 national team for the four nations tournament in Finland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrim View Post
My (possibly premature) impression is that he might be ready to play with the big boys but Frölunda has plenty of depth ahead of him.
What do Frölunda fans project for him this season in terms of 'where' he will play?
He's one of the first guys to get called up. Frölunda have 15 forwards under contract though, but Blidh is at the top of the depth chart among juniors.

Old
08-20-2013, 04:50 PM
Dellstrom
We Like Eich

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/blogpost.htm?id=19652

P.J Axelsson hired as an Amateur scout. Keith Gretzky is now Head of Amateur Scouting, Keith Sullivan also hired.

Old
08-20-2013, 05:01 PM
Ratty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dellstrom View Post
http://bruins.nhl.com/club/blogpost.htm?id=19652

P.J Axelsson hired as an Amateur scout. Keith Gretzky is now Head of Amateur Scouting, Keith Sullivan also hired.
Wonderful news! The Bs have not had a solid European scouting presence since the Nikolai Bobrov, who was based in Prague..

Old
08-21-2013, 08:31 PM
The Special K
Hoss MOFO, Hoss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom - OHL View Post
Spoke with someone via email with SKA Saint Petersburg

Chudinov will not be coming to North America this year. Has an out clause in his contract (this season) to come to North America but will not be using it. The team is fully committed to re-signing him when his contract is expired. They are extremely happy with him and he is a major piece of their defense.

Have at it.
don't really matter honestly.....he was like what? a 7th rounder? Never really expected to see him here....ever.

Old
08-23-2013, 07:28 PM
KRM

Blidh with hos first senior goal in a 7-3 win over Inglostadt in the European trophy.

Old
08-24-2013, 09:04 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Special K View Post
don't really matter honestly.....he was like what? a 7th rounder? Never really expected to see him here....ever.
Theo Fleury was an 8th rounder...ya just never know

Old
08-24-2013, 02:22 PM
The Special K
Hoss MOFO, Hoss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
Theo Fleury was an 8th rounder...ya just never know
I got ya, I was just saying that it is no loss if he never comes over....being a 7th rounder and all.

Old
08-24-2013, 03:53 PM
Rookie Chargers

Send a message via ICQ to Rookie Chargers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratty View Post
With the depth the team has on defence, with Krug, Bart, Hamilton, Morrow and possibly Trotman, Chudinov's absence will not be felt this season. At some point, though, I'd like him come to a Camp to see where he could fit in the organizational structure.
That would be true is he had already been but he hasn't and he isn't dominating over there. Maybe if the PBruins only had 5 Ds. IMO

Closed Thread