HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

What are you most excited about seeing this coming season?

Old
08-23-2013, 01:15 PM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 1050
I have half season tickets this year in a club box. Super excited about that. First time I've ever had Season tix. As for the actual team, I want to see how Brayden, Couturier, Voracek and Mason do this year. I think Schenn could have a monster year if he gets a fair shot at securing one of the top 2 lines LW spot. He's going to have an adjustment period to the wing though so I think Lavi is going to need a bit of patience and leave him in that spot for a little while.

PALE PWNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2013, 01:39 PM
flyersfan28

vCash: 500
schenn couturier voracek and i hope rosehill and mcginn play all games

flyersfan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2013, 02:05 PM
SeanCWombBroom
DownieFaceSoftener

Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
I have half season tickets this year in a club box. Super excited about that. First time I've ever had Season tix. As for the actual team, I want to see how Brayden, Couturier, Voracek and Mason do this year. I think Schenn could have a monster year if he gets a fair shot at securing one of the top 2 lines LW spot. He's going to have an adjustment period to the wing though so I think Lavi is going to need a bit of patience and leave him in that spot for a little while.
Hello, new best friend.

SeanCWombBroom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2013, 07:32 PM
Bernie Parent 1974

the goaltending & a healthy defense

Bernie Parent 1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2013, 07:37 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

vCash: 156
Watching the Flyers lift the Cup.

08-23-2013, 08:15 PM
BringBackStevens

Gustafsson

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2013, 10:40 PM
bennyprofane

Jakub winning the art ross.

bennyprofane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2013, 11:54 PM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by DownieFaceSoftener View Post
Hello, new best friend.
Me my dad and uncle split them so I don't have half on my own but I should be able to see a decent amount of games though I can't even think how many atm. Flyers shoot twice on one of the corners.

PALE PWNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2013, 12:07 AM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Vinny Lecavalier has always been one of my favorite players, so I'm really excited to see him healthy in a Flyers sweater.

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2013, 12:26 AM
LegionOfDoom91

No more Bryzgalov!

Last edited by LegionOfDoom91: 08-24-2013 at 01:02 AM.
LegionOfDoom91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2013, 12:47 AM
Devastate

I'm interested in seeing how the goalie situation plays out and whether or not Lavy lasts the full season.

Devastate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2013, 01:37 AM
phlocky

In this order, I want to see:

1). Coots taking the next step. I see a real potential in him to be just like Mike Richards.He needs to take that next step towards reaching that goal.

2) Gus building on how he ended last season. I want to see him step up and LEAD the 2nd pairing. We NEED him to do so.

3) . Voracek. He took a major step forward last year and he needs to continue being a dominant player.

4). B Schenn needs to start showing some of that promise he had when we acquired him.

I think that these 4 thinks are going to be key in our success this coming season. I have a strong belief that all can and will happen and I'm excited to see them.

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2013, 02:15 AM
OzFlyer
Registered Boozer

A full season!

OzFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2013, 07:17 AM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Four things that have me up for the season:

1) Luke Schenn. This past season, he really turned it around and delivered a strong, sound performance. Is this the year he finally breaks through and becomes an elite shut down defender?

2) Sean Couturier. We all know he had a bit of a rough season in the shortened year, but can he shake off all the trade rumour stories and put together a Selke-caliber season. In terms of offensive progression, this should be the year that he gets some decent line mates and that he begins to ramp up his offensive output.

3) Brayden Schenn/Vinny Lecavalier. Will the Flyers keep Vinny as the second line center and move Schenn to the wing or do they move Vinny to the left side with Giroux and let Schenn be the second line center. This will be one of the stories to watch.

4) The goaltending. This has the potential to be very understated or incredibly bad. The key to all of this is Steve Mason. The Flyers can talk all they want about how they brought Emery in to push Mason, but the physical limitations of Emery now means that he's going to be the second option. With that being said, Emery is also a very good team guy and he really helped Corey Crawford in Chicago. He's a good mentor and I can see him being a good influence on Mason. As for Mason, he's taken a liking to Jeff Reese and he's been very receptive to Reese's coaching. This is also Mason's last chance at being a starting goaltender, so the pressure is on him. Can he hold up under the pressure? Can he play 55 to 60 games and then keep it together in the playoffs?

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2013, 11:28 AM
TheKingPin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
Four things that have me up for the season:

1) Luke Schenn. This past season, he really turned it around and delivered a strong, sound performance. Is this the year he finally breaks through and becomes an elite shut down defender?

2) Sean Couturier. We all know he had a bit of a rough season in the shortened year, but can he shake off all the trade rumour stories and put together a Selke-caliber season. In terms of offensive progression, this should be the year that he gets some decent line mates and that he begins to ramp up his offensive output.

3) Brayden Schenn/Vinny Lecavalier. Will the Flyers keep Vinny as the second line center and move Schenn to the wing or do they move Vinny to the left side with Giroux and let Schenn be the second line center. This will be one of the stories to watch.

4) The goaltending. This has the potential to be very understated or incredibly bad. The key to all of this is Steve Mason. The Flyers can talk all they want about how they brought Emery in to push Mason, but the physical limitations of Emery now means that he's going to be the second option. With that being said, Emery is also a very good team guy and he really helped Corey Crawford in Chicago. He's a good mentor and I can see him being a good influence on Mason. As for Mason, he's taken a liking to Jeff Reese and he's been very receptive to Reese's coaching. This is also Mason's last chance at being a starting goaltender, so the pressure is on him. Can he hold up under the pressure? Can he play 55 to 60 games and then keep it together in the playoffs?
Yup exactly the players I am looking forward to watching as well as vinny both in his play and how his leadership will play into this team that needs it.

I am most hopeful for schenn this is absolutely his year to come through. No pressure on him with all the great fwds, plenty of time to learn. I am hoping for a 30 goal 30 assist season from him and with health that should be doable

Second I am hoping for mason to show what his got. He's mad philly helmet he needs to play well of he wants to stay here. I think that a change of scenery really could be the difference. If not I know emery. Will be great.

TheKingPin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2013, 11:54 AM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingPin View Post
Yup exactly the players I am looking forward to watching as well as vinny both in his play and how his leadership will play into this team that needs it.

I am most hopeful for schenn this is absolutely his year to come through. No pressure on him with all the great fwds, plenty of time to learn. I am hoping for a 30 goal 30 assist season from him and with health that should be doable

Second I am hoping for mason to show what his got. He's mad philly helmet he needs to play well of he wants to stay here. I think that a change of scenery really could be the difference. If not I know emery. Will be great.
I think this is also a contract year for Schenn, so you can bet he'll want to step up his performance and cash in on a big pay day. I'm surprised the Flyers didn't try to offer him a bridge contract like they did with Couturier.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2013, 12:10 PM
JayB

1. Brayden Schenn
2. Luke Schenn
3. Scott Laughton
4. Tye MGinn
5. Sean Couturier
6. Wayne Simmonds
7. Zac Rinaldo

I want to see that all the young guys take the next step to build up this journey to lift the Stanley Cup.

I also want to see the old Broad Street Bullies back in town. Nobodys is not going to stop us this year!

JayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2013, 01:42 PM
Flyerss

vCash: 145
also will be my first full season aand first time i see the Flyers play in the playoffs

Flyerss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2013, 02:03 PM
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

Carter, Richards and Umberger all had good third seasons, so I'm hoping third year guys like B.Schenn, Couturier, Gus all do the same

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2013, 02:24 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoDu View Post
Carter, Richards and Umberger all had good third seasons, so I'm hoping third year guys like B.Schenn, Couturier, Gus all do the same
That Claude Giroux guy did as well.

Old
08-24-2013, 02:27 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
I think this is also a contract year for Schenn, so you can bet he'll want to step up his performance and cash in on a big pay day. I'm surprised the Flyers didn't try to offer him a bridge contract like they did with Couturier.
Giroux didn't sign his previous deal until a month & a half into the season during his third year. Just because they didn't strike a deal doesn't mean they haven't been talking.

This the one area where Homer really excels. I'm fairly confident he'll have a deal done before next summer.

Old
08-24-2013, 02:42 PM

vCash: 50
Monstrously big year for Brayden. This needs to be the break through for him.

1865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2013, 03:26 PM
Phileeguy
G's got good hands.

Like a lot of other already pointed out: Voracek. He took a big jump last year in PPG, would like to see if he can put up numbers that are at least a good chunk above his career average, if not close to what he posted last year.

Phileeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2013, 03:27 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

to see if our defenseman our healed and ready to rock. grossmann, meszaros, coburn. They need to be ready for us to win. also for us to be successful so we don't have to deal with a coaching change which would suck mid season. We look good on paper with no injuries, there's no reason for us not to contend after the length of time this group has been together with this system. just sucks we don't have an official starter after all these years.

funghoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2013, 04:18 PM
Kevin Danko
Web Design

vCash: 897
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phileeguy View Post
Like a lot of other already pointed out: Voracek. He took a big jump last year in PPG, would like to see if he can put up numbers that are at least a good chunk above his career average, if not close to what he posted last year.
I think this year will help set perspective on what hes going to be. Really big fan of his attitude and game. Playing with Giroux is gonna continue to push him to new heights.

Kevin Danko is offline   Reply With Quote