HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

How many goals will Rick Nash score?

Old
08-20-2013, 07:25 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN88 View Post
It was also his first season in a new city (NHL intern), so I don't see why you bring that part up. We'll have to wait and see. Since I believed that the triple threat blew a tire, was because of the egos. Now it basically one threat, Nash.

He should definitely be more motivated playing in front of this Team and Hank. At the same time less blocking shots, more time to position and dangle ... yeah ... I want 40, what we are about to see might be different.
Oh yeah--blocking a shot every other game really affected Nash's game.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2013, 07:37 PM
Barnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Not enough to appease some fans and keep them from saying the trade was a failure.
If only we still had Artem Anisimov!! ;-)

Barnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2013, 09:26 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN88 View Post
It was also his first season in a new city (NHL intern), so I don't see why you bring that part up. We'll have to wait and see. Since I believed that the triple threat blew a tire, was because of the egos. Now it basically one threat, Nash.

He should definitely be more motivated playing in front of this Team and Hank. At the same time less blocking shots, more time to position and dangle ... yeah ... I want 40, what we are about to see might be different.
The point was that New York is quite a bit different than Columbus, less familiar with the coach, and team, etc... A small thing, and definitely not something I'd base an argument around but you have to imagine it factors in to some extent. Most professional athletes of a higher caliber should be able to perform in new surroundings up to their previous level, which he did and in some cases I think exceeded.

I agree it had to do with an ego, just not any of the players. It's always been one threat regardless of who we have had, all the way back to the '05-'06 lockout and even throughout some of the dark ages. It's just one of those things we have to accept as Rangers fans, we could have the entire Eastern Conference All-Star team and only one guy would produce up to his potential.

What we are about to see might be different? I guess, if you feel the need to be pessimistic, there are really no indications that things should change for the worse. He essentially joined a dysfunctional team, which was hidden from the public up until the trade deadline and off season, yet he still performed admirably. So I'd imagine his enthusiasm would continue to be high going into next season and seeing as a number of his teammates will have a positive outlook, I expect a better season all around. Has nothing to do with Torts system vs. AV's system, as most of us know they aren't polar opposites, but more the mental aspect. We have discussed that situation so much that it doesn't warrant any more attention, but I do think the players were tired of the side show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby View Post
I realize you're trying to be sarcastic/funny but he'd actually be an ideal 3rd C for us, he was the best player we lost in the trade. I would rather have him than Boyle, Pyatt, Moore, Pouliot, and a few others in the bottom six. Not bashing them as I actually like all four, but Anisimov would be an upgrade over each one of them.

Barbara Underhill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2013, 09:41 PM
Barnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
The point was that New York is quite a bit different than Columbus, less familiar with the coach, and team, etc... A small thing, and definitely not something I'd base an argument around but you have to imagine it factors in to some extent. Most professional athletes of a higher caliber should be able to perform in new surroundings up to their previous level, which he did and in some cases I think exceeded.

I agree it had to do with an ego, just not any of the players. It's always been one threat regardless of who we have had, all the way back to the '05-'06 lockout and even throughout some of the dark ages. It's just one of those things we have to accept as Rangers fans, we could have the entire Eastern Conference All-Star team and only one guy would produce up to his potential.

What we are about to see might be different? I guess, if you feel the need to be pessimistic, there are really no indications that things should change for the worse. He essentially joined a dysfunctional team, which was hidden from the public up until the trade deadline and off season, yet he still performed admirably. So I'd imagine his enthusiasm would continue to be high going into next season and seeing as a number of his teammates will have a positive outlook, I expect a better season all around. Has nothing to do with Torts system vs. AV's system, as most of us know they aren't polar opposites, but more the mental aspect. We have discussed that situation so much that it doesn't warrant any more attention, but I do think the players were tired of the side show.

I realize you're trying to be sarcastic/funny but he'd actually be an ideal 3rd C for us, he was the best player we lost in the trade. I would rather have him than Boyle, Pyatt, Moore, Pouliot, and a few others in the bottom six. Not bashing them as I actually like all four, but Anisimov would be an upgrade over each one of them.
Could we use Anisimov? Sure. I actually disagree, and think Dubinsky is a better player, but his contract is too high. I think Anisimov is pretty much a 45 point/decent 3rd line center. However, he's making over 3 million. I didn't make that crack because I don't like those players. I made that crack, because people get so infatuated with certain players that they forget about the return.

Old
08-20-2013, 09:52 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Could we use Anisimov? Sure. I actually disagree, and think Dubinsky is a better player, but his contract is too high. I think Anisimov is pretty much a 45 point/decent 3rd line center. However, he's making over 3 million. I didn't make that crack because I don't like those players. I made that crack, because people get so infatuated with certain players that they forget about the return.
if we still had AA, we wouldn't have Brassard..

Lundsanity30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2013, 10:51 PM
bettercallstaal
Custom User Title

vCash: 1120
I think about 36. I would say it would be more likely that he would top that than fall short.

bettercallstaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2013, 11:41 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Which is essentially all Dubinsky is at a higher cap hit...

Old
08-21-2013, 01:02 AM
Barnaby

Quote:
Your point?

I like both players. AA holds a little more value due to a better contract, but I prefer Dubinsky's game a little bit more. I'm not really sure what you're getting at...

Old
08-21-2013, 01:04 AM
Barnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
if we still had AA, we wouldn't have Brassard..
If we still had AA, then we might not have Nash... and we might still have Gaborik...

So....

Old
08-21-2013, 02:44 AM
Cresto
In the pantry

(42)

Cresto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2013, 05:52 AM
CaptainCally

35-40 depending on injuries on our roster and playing style of the team.

CaptainCally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2013, 08:52 AM
Jersey Girl

35-40 goals...because all those big meanies who key on Nash in the playoffs will take it easier on him in the regular season.

Perhaps more if the power play gets rolling for a change.

Jersey Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2013, 09:43 AM
Faxius

vCash: 2249
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcrusty View Post
(42)
(42) -2 = (40)

Faxius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2013, 12:03 PM
alves

High 30s I think. That would hopefully indicate a team that has 3 strong lines, and a more even spread of scoring.

That's of course not playing all 82 games. Even mostly healthy, he'll probably play around 75-78 games.

alves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2013, 08:07 AM
Lundsanity30

Who do you guys think he will play with to start the season? I would guess Richards gets the first crack at 1C and if Hags is out maybe Zucc?

Lundsanity30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2013, 08:49 AM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
Who do you guys think he will play with to start the season? I would guess Richards gets the first crack at 1C and if Hags is out maybe Zucc?
Zuccarello, Stepan and Kreider were 3 who showed great chemistry with him.

If Richards doesn't work out, Stepan gets paired with him at C, and I'm sure Kreider and Zucc will be tried at wing.

08-24-2013, 09:06 AM
IceBear86
Broadway Pride

Quote:
say what you want but Dubinsky - Anisimov - Callahan is still my favourite line, a.k.a Heart - Skill - Passion.....I'd love to have them back.

IceBear86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2013, 09:41 AM
Riche16
Pessimistic-Realist

Quote:
But with that cap hit you're buying a physical presence as well... Arty was pretty darn soft.

Not to turn this into a Dubi/Arty thread... I'd take Dubi back faster than Arty.

Riche16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2013, 10:32 AM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

BroadwayBlues is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2013, 12:05 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riche16 View Post
But with that cap hit you're buying a physical presence as well... Arty was pretty darn soft.

Not to turn this into a Dubi/Arty thread... I'd take Dubi back faster than Arty.
His first two seasons maybe, Dubinsky really started to soften up when he started thinking he was a skill player. Doesn't have anything to do with Nash though, and I don't make predictions so I'm not even sure why I'm in here.

Old
08-24-2013, 12:29 PM
free0717

The question should be "Who scores more goals this year, Nash or Gabby?"

free0717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2013, 12:29 PM
MatsA

vCash: 50
I have nothing to base this on, but I have a very good feeling about Nash and this upcoming season. A career high 43 goals!

MatsA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2013, 12:51 PM
Riche16
Pessimistic-Realist

Quote:
His first two seasons maybe, Dubinsky really started to soften up when he started thinking he was a skill player. Doesn't have anything to do with Nash though, and I don't make predictions so I'm not even sure why I'm in here.
But did you see what he did to that gatorade jug!?!?!

Riche16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2013, 07:16 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by free0717 View Post
The question should be "Who scores more goals this year, Nash or Gabby?"
Why? We didn't trade Gabby for Nash, it's irrelevant.

Old
08-25-2013, 09:44 AM
Oak
Hockey fan

vCash: 50
I'm hoping for 40 goals, but realistically I am thinking anywhere from 30-35.

Oak is offline   Reply With Quote