New additions further strengthen the Anaheim Ducks Top 20 ranking

Old
08-23-2013, 01:19 PM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Force951 View Post
Right now if i had to guess on the roster for Norfolk it would be something like below.

Laganiere
Sarault
Noeson
Friberg
Rackell
Whitney
Mitchell
Wagner
DSP
Stortini
Cramarossa
Kurtz

Gagne
Warg
Heed
O'Brien
Yonkman
Grant
Clark

Gibson
Andersen

So its a little young and could use some help up front and on the backend. But if Holland or Karlsson end up there then it will be a big boost. Similar on the backend if after Beauchemin is healthy Lindholm/Fistric comes down you will be good. So it might be a little rough at the start but after everything gets settled in Anaheim you will have a good decent team.
Don't forget about Kyle Cumiskey on defense, either. There could be growing pains with all the youth, but Jesus, that's a lot of talent.

Gibsons Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2013, 02:26 PM
AngelDuck

Quote:
Right now if i had to guess on the roster for Norfolk it would be something like below.

Laganiere
Sarault
Noeson
Friberg
Rackell
Whitney
Mitchell
Wagner
DSP
Stortini
Cramarossa
Kurtz

Gagne
Warg
Heed
O'Brien
Yonkman
Grant
Clark

Gibson
Andersen

So its a little young and could use some help up front and on the backend. But if Holland or Karlsson end up there then it will be a big boost. Similar on the backend if after Beauchemin is healthy Lindholm/Fistric comes down you will be good. So it might be a little rough at the start but after everything gets settled in Anaheim you will have a good decent team.
etem will probably be there too if Selanne is re-signed.

DSP-Holland-etem
Whitney-Rakell-Noesen
Laganiere-Sarault-Wagner
Friberg-Cramarossa-Kurtz

not bad at all. Good balance of scoring and some solid two-way play/size/physicality on the bottom two lines.

AngelDuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2013, 02:47 PM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelDuck View Post
etem will probably be there too if Selanne is re-signed.

DSP-Holland-etem
Whitney-Rakell-Noesen
Laganiere-Sarault-Wagner
Friberg-Cramarossa-Kurtz

not bad at all. Good balance of scoring and some solid two-way play/size/physicality on the bottom two lines.
We need one of Holland or Rakell for the main team. Unless a fourth line center is signed between now and then, but with the wingers we have, I kind of doubt it. So Sarault likely gets a top six role.

Old
08-23-2013, 02:53 PM
AngelDuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibsons Finest View Post
We need one of Holland or Rakell for the main team. Unless a fourth line center is signed between now and then, but with the wingers we have, I kind of doubt it. So Sarault likely gets a top six role.
Yep. you're right. Brain fart on my part. Still wish Steckel would have been signed...

AngelDuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2013, 03:00 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
For me, that Norfolk team has 3 X-factors: Gibson, Lindholm, and Etem

If Etem spends time in the AHL, I think he would have an argument as the best forward on that team(Noesen, Rakell, and Holland would all have something to say about that, with an honorable mention to Laganiere, I think). This is especially true if he can get his offensive game going, because he could be a force out there.

Lindholm kind of speaks for himself here. If he's in Norfolk is there really any doubt he would be the best defenseman on the team? The kid could, and should, be the backbone of the Admirals blue line.

Gibson is a kid who continues to impress, and if he continues to do so in Norfolk(and if he's the goaltender we think/hope he is, I expect he will) that team is going to be an absolute beast in the net, with both goaltenders capable of stealing games on any given night. I don't know enough about the goaltending situation for other teams, but I would be really surprised if this wasn't the best(or at least top 3) goaltending duos in the AHL, on paper.

Overall, I think Norfolk is young, but talented. Those are some good young players there. The team may run hot and cold, but when they are hot they should have a lot going for them.

08-23-2013, 03:04 PM
Gliff
Nick Bonino

I, like everyone else, would have liked to see Lindholm get some more love.

I

Gliff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2013, 03:05 PM
Vinegar Strokes
Grumkin

Quote:
Based on Duthie's comments about the talk of Gibson being not just the best goaltender prospect out there, but the best the league has seen in quite some time, I would say a 9.0C or a 8.5C would be more accurate. Lindholm should probably be an 8.0C as well. I think these two are very special prospects that just don't quite get the attention that they should.

Otherwise, no real complaints. Ranking our top 20 must be quite hard, seeing as there's probably 25-28 guys deserving of a top 20 ranking. I notice Whitney cracked the list, and I think I like that. The kid's pretty underrated, even around here, but he could be a nice one.
Where did you read this? I would love to read the article if there is one. If it was an interview comment, could you please summarize.

Vinegar Strokes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2013, 05:02 PM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

Etem's line doesn't matter, he can play on any line and contribute. You have to put his stats in context, he got very little PP time, bounced around alot of lines and played less than 12 minutes per game and a chunk of that is killing penalties. Prorate last year and it's about 25 pts per 82 games. if he could contribute about 10-15 goals and 30-35 points this year that'd be a very good year for him, depending on if he sees any PP time at all

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2013, 05:37 PM
LVDucks238

vCash: 479
Quote:

Laganiere
Sarault
Noeson
Friberg
Rackell
Whitney
Mitchell
Wagner
DSP
Stortini
Cramarossa
Kurtz

Gagne
Warg
Heed
O'Brien
Yonkman
Grant
Clark

Gibson
Andersen
It seems, according to Noesen's twitter, he's still playing in Plymouth this year.

LVDucks238 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2013, 05:48 PM
Paul4587

Quote:
Based on Duthie's comments about the talk of Gibson being not just the best goaltender prospect out there, but the best the league has seen in quite some time, I would say a 9.0C or a 8.5C would be more accurate. Lindholm should probably be an 8.0C as well. I think these two are very special prospects that just don't quite get the attention that they should.

Otherwise, no real complaints. Ranking our top 20 must be quite hard, seeing as there's probably 25-28 guys deserving of a top 20 ranking. I notice Whitney cracked the list, and I think I like that. The kid's pretty underrated, even around here, but he could be a nice one.
When did he say this?

Paul4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2013, 06:32 PM
Hockey Duckie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVDucks238 View Post
It seems, according to Noesen's twitter, he's still playing in Plymouth this year.
I don't see why he would need to stay at that level when the AHL is now available to him as well as start his ELC. If he is staying, then my brain's in a quandry why that would be when he hasn't participated in any of training camps to see even if he has a shot at the NHL level. Odd, though, because his center, Rakell, is already slated for Norfolk. (I state Rakell because of the same draft year with Noesen.)

Hockey Duckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2013, 06:49 PM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
When did he say this?
The interview with Burke at the draft. He's not an insider or a scout, but he is in that world, and said, and I quote, "people are talking about him like the best pro prospect we've seen in a long time in net". A very overlooked part of that video.

Old
08-24-2013, 10:18 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carelton CA View Post
I hate to even "quote" the article because it does such a poor job of ranking PROSPECTS. Please do some research on players and positions before you post this stuff. Have you seen these guys play at all? Go purchase a copy of The Hockey News and read and learn. BTW Etem and Silfverberg are NHL players, not prospects, neither will ever see the AHL.
Care to share anything more detailed into what was unacceptable? I'm always open to constructive criticism

08-25-2013, 12:10 AM
Paul4587

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Lewis View Post
Care to share anything more detailed into what was unacceptable? I'm always open to constructive criticism
I'm not sure you should worry about what that post had to say. It didn't seem very objective.

Old
08-25-2013, 01:28 AM
Kalvinators
Mindholm!!!!

Quote:
That would be very, very dissapointing

Kalvinators is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2013, 01:48 AM
Paul4587

I don't see anything on his twitter that points to Noesen going back for his overage year in juniors. The chance he goes back would be less than 5%. Guys who go back for overage years are generally fringe prospects, not guys expected to play in the top 6 at the AHL level.

Old
08-25-2013, 03:55 AM
Kalvinators
Mindholm!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
I don't see anything on his twitter that points to Noesen going back for his overage year in juniors. The chance he goes back would be less than 5%. Guys who go back for overage years are generally fringe prospects, not guys expected to play in the top 6 at the AHL level.
Few days ago he mentioned he is living in a billet house and ''need to buy a chocolate milk cow'' for them (i think). And also he tweets that season starts after 2 weeks (OHL starts on septemer 19th).

He didn`t say he will play for them, but there are some questionale tweets, so who knows, but this gives me an interest in where he will play.

Old
08-25-2013, 05:03 AM
LVDucks238

vCash: 479
My mistake for jumping to conclusions with Noesen. Appears he's just in Plymouth until the Ducks camp starts. Got this from the Whalers Facebook- Aug. 9 "A lot of good people come to Compuware Arena over the summer. Say hello again to Stefan Noesen, who is preparing for the Anaheim Ducks' training camp in September."

LVDucks238 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2013, 05:44 AM
Kalvinators
Mindholm!!!!

Quote:
My mistake for jumping to conclusions with Noesen. Appears he's just in Plymouth until the Ducks camp starts. Got this from the Whalers Facebook- Aug. 9 "A lot of good people come to Compuware Arena over the summer. Say hello again to Stefan Noesen, who is preparing for the Anaheim Ducks' training camp in September."
Makes so much more sense

Old
08-25-2013, 09:06 AM
Govment Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
That goal tending duo is just absurd(in a good way).
Between Andersen, Bobkov and Gibson, one will have to start with the Grizzlies.

Will be up to the coaches to decide how Gibson's development is better served. Higher competition (AHL) fewer starts backing up Andersen or lower competition (ECHL) as the starter.
Most of the time you want to get younger goalie as much ice time as possible. Not going to help his development as a true backup to Andersen. Unless the coaches set it up as 1A/1B splitting the starts, but that only seems to work for short periods of time.

For the rest of the team in Norfolk, would like to see skill spread out so that there is some depth to the team. Once the call-ups start the producers are the first to go. Need players to step up and fill in while players are up. Didn't have that depth last year and the offensive side of the ice was just not there once a couple players got called up.

Govment Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2013, 09:25 AM
Kalvinators
Mindholm!!!!

I think everyone is counting for Bobkov to start in Utah.

And as for talent the Admirals have - a lot, but the team could be too young and defense is defineteley worse than last season. We lost Guenin, Hendry and Smaby. All were veterans.

Old
08-25-2013, 10:07 AM
Hockey Duckie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalvinators View Post
I think everyone is counting for Bobkov to start in Utah.

And as for talent the Admirals have - a lot, but the team could be too young and defense is defineteley worse than last season. We lost Guenin, Hendry and Smaby. All were veterans.
We could also be losing at least one of Vatanen or Lindholm. If Vatanen, then we have his lite version in Kevin Gagne. Clark is our resident vet for now. O'brien is making it over to the A. That leaves three more spots left (two to fill the starting line up and a 7th defenseman). Yikes! That is a very young group in deed! I'm sure Norfolk will be able to find some veteran defensemen to sign because they kind of have to in order to fill out their roster.

Hockey Duckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2013, 10:27 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Duckie View Post
We could also be losing at least one of Vatanen or Lindholm. If Vatanen, then we have his lite version in Kevin Gagne. Clark is our resident vet for now. O'brien is making it over to the A. That leaves three more spots left (two to fill the starting line up and a 7th defenseman). Yikes! That is a very young group in deed! I'm sure Norfolk will be able to find some veteran defensemen to sign because they kind of have to in order to fill out their roster.
They added Warg, Grant, and Yonkman. There are also a lot of rumors that Cumiskey is coming back. We're covered.

Exit Dose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2013, 11:06 AM
duxfan8

Where are the reports of Cumiskey coming back? I know we kept his rights when he went overseas, but I haven't read anything about him yet. Interesting!

duxfan8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2013, 11:16 AM
Kalvinators
Mindholm!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by duxfan8 View Post
Where are the reports of Cumiskey coming back? I know we kept his rights when he went overseas, but I haven't read anything about him yet. Interesting!
Eliteprospects have him to play for the Ducks next season. We`ll see but we could really use him i guess.