HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

First time in Philly

Closed Thread

Old
01-07-2004, 09:22 AM
Jackmangurl05

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Jackmangurl05 Send a message via Yahoo to Jackmangurl05
First time in Philly

My friend and I are coming down to Philly in February for a game and the carnaval. We were wondering if we are allowed to bring cameras to take pictures during the game and if there is there a maximum zoom lense rule.

Thanks

Old
01-07-2004, 09:42 AM
Flyers26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primeaugurl25
My friend and I are coming down to Philly in February for a game and the carnaval. We were wondering if we are allowed to bring cameras to take pictures during the game and if there is there a maximum zoom lense rule.

Thanks
yea, you can bring a camera. I believe that zoom lenses aren't allowed, but it depends who checks your bag when you go into the building. If you have the huge, ovver 300mm lense, I'd say no, but the smaller zoom, I'd bet your are ok.

Old
01-07-2004, 10:13 AM
Jackmangurl05

Send a message via MSN to Jackmangurl05 Send a message via Yahoo to Jackmangurl05
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers26
yea, you can bring a camera. I believe that zoom lenses aren't allowed, but it depends who checks your bag when you go into the building. If you have the huge, ovver 300mm lense, I'd say no, but the smaller zoom, I'd bet your are ok.
Thanks for the information.... I know there is some arena, like the Joe Louis Arena that you cannot bring a zoom exceeding 54mm.... but other arena don't care....

I will bring my 200mm zoom and see if they let me or not.

Thanks again

Old
01-07-2004, 10:18 AM
Flyers26

Quote:
Thanks for the information.... I know there is some arena, like the Joe Louis Arena that you cannot bring a zoom exceeding 54mm.... but other arena don't care....

I will bring my 200mm zoom and see if they let me or not.

Thanks again
Worse case, you take it back to your car. I think you'll be ok.
200mm isn't that big. They wand you, and ask to open your bag upon entry to the Wach. Center.

Old
01-07-2004, 11:37 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Or just get a digital camera with a 10x optical and even larger digital zoom.

Old
01-07-2004, 12:45 PM
Jackmangurl05

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade
That is a good idea, but unfortunately, we don't have a digital camera, just the good old SRL... LOL

Thanks for the info

Old
01-07-2004, 12:48 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
That is a good idea, but unfortunately, we don't have a digital camera, just the good old SRL... LOL

Thanks for the info
Please let us know what the Wach. center's policies are, i'm just wondering if it's standard across the board NHL or varries from arena to arena. I don't really see why having a 300mm + zoom would be a problem.

Old
01-07-2004, 12:54 PM
FlyersGuy69

Send a message via AIM to FlyersGuy69
my friend always brings his camera (nikon) and hides the zoom lense in his pants or somewhere they don't check. we usually would go for the warm-up skate ad he would get some great pics. if you put the lense on, try not to stand near any security.

good luck and have fun!

Old
01-07-2004, 02:25 PM
capn89*

What's the deal with not being allowed to have really high zoom lenses? Do they not want you taking pictures of the precious team after you just shelled out $50 bucks for tickets? That was sarcastic, but seriously, could someone explain to me why you can't?

Old
01-07-2004, 04:13 PM
FlyersFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade
digital zoom is crap.

Old
01-07-2004, 04:58 PM
FlyersGuy69

Send a message via AIM to FlyersGuy69
Quote:
Originally Posted by capn89
What's the deal with not being allowed to have really high zoom lenses? Do they not want you taking pictures of the precious team after you just shelled out $50 bucks for tickets? That was sarcastic, but seriously, could someone explain to me why you can't?
I don't know for sure but I would guess that it has to do with licensing and selling the pictures. or, maybe they don't want hundreds of people there snapping off pictures with high powered lenses. who knows?

Old
01-07-2004, 11:27 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan
digital zoom is crap.
Not completely, besides it's better than nothing, no?

Old
01-08-2004, 04:59 AM
Jackmangurl05

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyerGuy69
my friend always brings his camera (nikon) and hides the zoom lense in his pants or somewhere they don't check. we usually would go for the warm-up skate ad he would get some great pics. if you put the lense on, try not to stand near any security.

good luck and have fun!
Thanks for the information, I think that is what we gonna do, just hide the zoom lense...

Also, does the arena have metal detector at the doors ??? that's how at the Joe Louis Arena, you cannot hide your zoom, because it will beep and be detected.

Old
01-08-2004, 05:31 AM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:
Thanks for the information, I think that is what we gonna do, just hide the zoom lense...

Also, does the arena have metal detector at the doors ??? that's how at the Joe Louis Arena, you cannot hide your zoom, because it will beep and be detected.

Yes they do have people giving you a quick wanding over.

I have season tickets and IMO your best bet is to keep the lens in a bag and show it to the guard at the doors. I wouldn't imagine that you would have any problems.

Old
01-08-2004, 07:50 AM
Jackmangurl05

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
Yes they do have people giving you a quick wanding over.

I have season tickets and IMO your best bet is to keep the lens in a bag and show it to the guard at the doors. I wouldn't imagine that you would have any problems.

Thanks for the info and maybe we will see you at the game....

Old
01-08-2004, 09:34 AM
flybynite77

You may be able to find out by going to http://www.philadelphiaflyers.com/si...ontactForm.asp

and sending in a question to the flyers. I believe since Game Experience handles Parking and other things that may work for your inquiry. If anything it may save you a trip back to the parking lot, you can sometimes have a long wait in lines with increased security measures nowadays.

Old
01-13-2004, 06:16 AM
Jackmangurl05

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybynite77
You may be able to find out by going to http://www.philadelphiaflyers.com/si...ontactForm.asp

and sending in a question to the flyers. I believe since Game Experience handles Parking and other things that may work for your inquiry. If anything it may save you a trip back to the parking lot, you can sometimes have a long wait in lines with increased security measures nowadays.
Thanks for the suggestion, and they did reply to me. The reply said that "Still Cameras" are allowed, but not professional cameras. I'm not too sure of what "Still Cameras" means, but no matter what, i'm gonna bring my SLR with my 200 zoom lense.

Thanks

Closed Thread