HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Toronto - Calgary

Old
08-25-2013, 05:40 PM
SeaOfBlue
No Leaf Left Behind

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impatient View Post
I'd do it from a Leafs perspective, Gio is an upgrade over Franson on the right side, Liles is merely a cap dump and can help solidify CGY defense corps. They get a solid C prospect in Colborne who's better then Howse and the first will likely be in the 20-30 range so it's not a huge loss there...

CGY continues their rebuilding process by adding a younger growing D in Franson, a 1st and another good prospect, but you'll get the usual idiots in here that won't even look twice at the deal because Liles is in it.

Honestly, I'm not sure if CGY would pull the trigger on this one, the values there though. Good proposal.

Giordano = Franson, 1st
2nd, Howse =< Liles, Colborne it's close
That isn't true IMO. Giordano>=Franson (Because of contract) The second part though, is probably true, maybe add a pick in there from Toronto, and then its fair.

SeaOfBlue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2013, 05:42 PM
SeaOfBlue
No Leaf Left Behind

What was the great offer I got?

Well I had somebody offer me Franson for Tanev. Even though Tanev was just signed sadly, and that goes against GM's moral beliefs. Maybe if Vancouver threw in a prospect it wouldn't be bad?

And the other one involved Calgary, I'll get back to you.

Old
08-25-2013, 05:43 PM
penguins2946*

Quote:
You guys are on complete opposite sides of the spectrum and you're bringing personal bias into the equation.. Seriously it's not as bad as you too are saying it is or else why would either of you think your team is getting royally screwed??
I'm not a Flames fan though. I didn't think the original proposal was that bad. However, my issue is with posts that say stuff like "that would get us Weber" or other stuff like that. Or, in other terms, severely overrating one's players.

penguins2946* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2013, 05:45 PM
SyndicateProject
I'd risk everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorontoMapleLeafsFTW View Post
That isn't true IMO. Giordano>=Franson (Because of contract) The second part though, is probably true, maybe add a pick in there from Toronto, and then its fair.
The difference between Franson and Giordano may not be a first but they sure as hell aren't equal.

Gio 3 years of solid hockey greatly outweighs Fransons 1, even if you consider Fransons potential the value of Gio to CGY who indicate they're looking for the best possible deal.. This is a good deal, they could get more from someone, we don't know

SyndicateProject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2013, 05:46 PM
Lord Flacko*

Quote:
What was the great offer I got?

Well I had somebody offer me Franson for Tanev. Even though Tanev was just signed sadly, and that goes against GM's moral beliefs. Maybe if Vancouver threw in a prospect it wouldn't be bad?

And the other one involved Calgary, I'll get back to you.
As a Canucks fan I'm not interested in trading Tanev + for Franson because Franson will be a lot more expensive than Tanev and we barely have any cap space and we have enough offensive d-men.

Lord Flacko* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2013, 05:48 PM
SyndicateProject
I'd risk everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmError29 View Post
I'm not a Flames fan though. I didn't think the original proposal was that bad. However, my issue is with posts that say stuff like "that would get us Weber" or other stuff like that. Or, in other terms, severely overrating one's players.
Oh, just the way you were putting down the Leaf players I took it as you were offended by the offer, but ya Funk doesn't even spell Liles or Colborne properly so I wouldn't take him too serious.

Old
08-25-2013, 05:52 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 50
I like it I would even switch Howse to Nemisz to make sure we got it done.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2013, 05:59 PM
MastuhNinks

I'd love to do this if there was any way to not give up the first.

To Calgary: Cody Franson, JM Liles, Joe Colborne, 2014 2nd

To Toronto: Mark Giordano

I think that Colborne pretty much negates (and then some) Liles value if he's perceived to have negative value, and Franson + 2nd for Giordano seems to make sense for both teams. Franson isn't some throwaway piece, this is guy that would've been Calgary's 3rd leading scorer last year. He's also 3 years younger which isn't a huge deal in terms of value but when you look at where Calgary is as an organization, Franson will be in his prime when Calgary is on the upswing again.

MastuhNinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2013, 05:59 PM
SeaOfBlue
No Leaf Left Behind

Quote:
The difference between Franson and Giordano may not be a first but they sure as hell aren't equal.

Gio 3 years of solid hockey greatly outweighs Fransons 1, even if you consider Fransons potential the value of Gio to CGY who indicate they're looking for the best possible deal.. This is a good deal, they could get more from someone, we don't know
Like I said, the whole Gio for Johansson+ thing. That's probably going to get the most value. However, Franson is a good piece to start with for a rebuilding team.

Old
08-25-2013, 06:00 PM
SeaOfBlue
No Leaf Left Behind

Quote:
Originally Posted by MastuhNinks View Post

I think that Colborne pretty much negates (and then some) Liles value if he's perceived to have negative value, and Franson + 2nd for Giordano seems to make sense for both teams. Franson isn't some throwaway piece, this is guy that would've been Calgary's 3rd leading scorer last year. He's also 3 years younger which isn't a huge deal in terms of value but when you look at where Calgary is as an organization, Franson will be in his prime when Calgary is on the upswing again.
There needs to be another player involved from Calgary, or else theyy have too many players.

Old
08-25-2013, 06:01 PM
SeaOfBlue
No Leaf Left Behind

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
I like it I would even switch Howse to Nemisz to make sure we got it done.
Yes you reminded me. That was a good trade, but once again that won't be making a difference in terms of "getting it done"

Old
08-25-2013, 06:02 PM
SyndicateProject
I'd risk everything

Quote:
Like I said, the whole Gio for Johansson+ thing. That's probably going to get the most value. However, Franson is a good piece to start with for a rebuilding team.
Young defenseman are a bigger need for Calgary than young wingers.

Franson and a 1st is more than MoJo+(I'm assuming a 1st)

Old
08-25-2013, 06:05 PM
SyndicateProject
I'd risk everything

Quote:

That puts CGY pretty close to the contract limit, if not over.... Try again

Old
08-25-2013, 06:08 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Yes you reminded me. That was a good trade, but once again that won't be making a difference in terms of "getting it done"
As it stands now I think it is fair value the only reason I suggest swapping in Nemisz is he is from TO and would love to play there and a fresh start could do alot for him.

Right now
Gio = Franson + 1st (due to Franson having no contract and Gio being the better defensive player)
Liles +Colbourne = 2nd 2014 + Nemisz (due to the length and salary or Liles contract)

Last edited by TheHudlinator: 08-25-2013 at 06:17 PM.
Old
08-25-2013, 06:09 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
That puts CGY pretty close to the contract limit, if not over.... Try again
It puts us at 50 and if Monahan goes back to the OHL then we only have 49.

Old
08-25-2013, 06:11 PM
SyndicateProject
I'd risk everything

Quote:
It puts us at 50 and if Monahan goes back to the OHL then we only have 49.
Yep.

Old
08-25-2013, 06:15 PM
RandV
It's a wolf v2.0

vCash: 150
Quote:

Yes Giordano is probably being unappreciated here and he's signed 3 more years at a cap hit that's probably in the same ballpark that Franson is negotiating for. Then it looks like Liles is being dumped on Calgary as well because why not, and getting the Leafs an asset back in the process.

The tricky part is the 1st, if the Leafs bomb this season then it could be a decent deal for Calgary, otherwise I don't think Giordano (who certainly isn't on the block and who Calgary has no incentive to trade) for Franson + has the makings of a legitimate deal. And if the Leafs need to clear Liles contract for Kadri that should be done in a separate deal, rather than getting lumped in with this one.

RandV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2013, 06:16 PM
SeaOfBlue
No Leaf Left Behind

Quote:
As it stands now I think it is fair value the only reason I suggest swapping in Nemisz is he is from TO and would love to play there and a fresh start could do alot for him.

Right now
Gio = Franson + 1st (due to Franson having no contract and Gio being the better defensive player)
Liles +Colbourne = 2nd 1014 + Nemisz (due to the length and salary or Liles contract)
What if we were to take some of Liles' salary though? And that draft is way old man I'm just saying, you don't need to worry about that aspect of the deal; if Nonis was offered Nemisz or offered Howse, he would either take either one of them, or neither of them. Come to think of it, do you think it's possible just to do the second part of it but throw in half of Lile's contract?

Old
08-25-2013, 06:17 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandV View Post
Yes Giordano is probably being unappreciated here and he's signed 3 more years at a cap hit that's probably in the same ballpark that Franson is negotiating for. Then it looks like Liles is being dumped on Calgary as well because why not, and getting the Leafs an asset back in the process.

The tricky part is the 1st, if the Leafs bomb this season then it could be a decent deal for Calgary, otherwise I don't think Giordano (who certainly isn't on the block and who Calgary has no incentive to trade) for Franson + has the makings of a legitimate deal. And if the Leafs need to clear Liles contract for Kadri that should be done in a separate deal, rather than getting lumped in with this one.
We could protect the 1st (to avoid a Seguin again). So a 1st in 2014 (top 10 protected) if they finish bottom 10 we get their 4th this year and their 1st in 2015.

Old
08-25-2013, 06:21 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
What if we were to take some of Liles' salary though? And that draft is way old man I'm just saying, you don't need to worry about that aspect of the deal; if Nonis was offered Nemisz or offered Howse, he would either take either one of them, or neither of them. Come to think of it, do you think it's possible just to do the second part of it but throw in half of Lile's contract?
No the only reason the trade is appealing to us is the 1st and Franson, we already have to many 4-7 defensemen so Liles is purely a cap dump and we aren't giving up picks unless we have to.

Old
08-25-2013, 06:31 PM
Funk21

I didn't say that would get us Weber, if people would learn to read the comment was directed towards the gross over payment in my opinion for a player that is not anywhere close to a Weber caliber player. Am I entitled to my opinion, I think so. Nopebody knows what Franson wants other than his agent and management of the TML but if its around what Giradano makes then i'd rather keep him than loose our first for essentially one player even if it is a late first.

Funk21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2013, 06:31 PM
SeaOfBlue
No Leaf Left Behind

Quote:
We could protect the 1st (to avoid a Seguin again). So a 1st in 2014 (top 10 protected) if they finish bottom 10 we get their 4th this year and their 1st in 2015.
Don't have a 4th, traded it to Chicago.

Old
08-25-2013, 06:33 PM
CaptainCrunch67

Quote:

Calgary would have no interest in moving Gio unless a first round pick comes back.

Colborne has little value, Liles is a contract dump so we could live without him.

If Gio is moved its for a major rebuild piece.

Fransen really isn't it, nor is Liles, Colborne or a second.

CaptainCrunch67 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2013, 06:35 PM
SeaOfBlue
No Leaf Left Behind

Quote:
No the only reason the trade is appealing to us is the 1st and Franson, we already have to many 4-7 defensemen so Liles is purely a cap dump and we aren't giving up picks unless we have to.
Alright, makes sense. But I don't think this is the right year to be asking the Leafs for early picks. Even if we do get a second back. You should be interested in Franson, not our pick.

Old
08-25-2013, 06:36 PM
SeaOfBlue
No Leaf Left Behind

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch67 View Post
Calgary would have no interest in moving Gio unless a first round pick comes back.

Colborne has little value, Liles is a contract dump so we could live without him.

If Gio is moved its for a major rebuild piece.

Fransen really isn't it, nor is Liles, Colborne or a second.
He is one of our best prospects, beleive me he has more value than you are valuing him as.