HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blackhawks sign Teuvo Teravainen

Closed Thread

Old
08-24-2013, 11:14 AM
Jussi
Dat Times Square

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagged View Post
They are propably afraid he will actually hit some of those bonuses.

http://europeantrophy.com/live.php?id=261

Game on. Teravainen on the second line. 10 minutes in and he has tipped one wide and one great setup for a team mate (Tyrväinen) but as usual, you need a whole lot of great set ups for finnish to finish. That's why there's so many great finnish play makers.
Jokerit lost the game 1-2 and Teräväinen was fairly invisible again.

Old
08-24-2013, 11:19 AM
xX Hot Fuss

I'd prefer not to stress of Teuvo on a game-by-game basis. Seems like its too much micro-analyzing and a lot of big picture stuff can get overlooked IMO.

Although i do appreciate the effort (and excitement) from you Finnish posters giving us updates, i think i'll just trust that Stan made a great selection with the 18th overall and patiently wait until he comes over to NA.

Old
08-24-2013, 11:58 AM
MurrayBannerman
Fishbulb

Old
08-24-2013, 09:47 PM
EbonyRaptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
Jokerit lost the game 1-2 and Teräväinen was fairly invisible again.
I appreciate the updates. Got to take the bad news with the good. It's early and he is going to need some time to settle in to the center position - or maybe he's just not ready to play center and at some point he should be moved back to wing. Another part of the equation is the team around him which I believe has had some personnel changes and it simply may be the team needs to learn how to play with each other before getting good results.

I'm still excited about TT's prospects and a few games aren't going to change that.

Old
08-24-2013, 10:56 PM
Oh_so_saad

Blackhawks lost a few games last year. Towes and kane were invisible at times. He will be fine

Old
08-25-2013, 02:40 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

european trophy is still preseason...

Old
08-25-2013, 07:50 AM
Hagged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
european trophy is still preseason...
Teravainen is also taking his first steps at the center spot. But it's nice to hear about his games, will be easier to follow the development pace. Sometimes just looking at the regular season stats don't give the true picture of where a prospect is at his development curve. As a center, Teravainen is near the bottom of his curve and the pace of development will be seen only looking at this season as a whole.

Old
08-25-2013, 08:11 AM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

I like the updates, too. He's hard to follow from where I live so it's nice hearing first hand from people watching the games.

As far as him being invisible, I'm not that worried. It's the beginning of the season and he's 18. If he is still bad 5 on 5 3 years from now, i might get a bit concerned.

Old
08-25-2013, 09:04 AM
Hagged

And there's also a reality check to be made: A lot of the best finnish players didn't crack FEL rosters until their 20's. Mikko Koivu did, but he had 30 points in FEL as a 21 year old, 20 points as a 20 year old and 7 point as a 19 year old and 1 point in his draft year (being half a year older than Teravainen).

As far as European Trophy goes, there are some teams that have 10 times the payroll of Jokerit. It's quite ok for an 18 year old to look invisible when playing his 3rd game as a center.

If Teravainen is able to switch to center and get similar production during the season as the last one, I think he shows promise enough.

Old
08-25-2013, 10:09 AM
wladyslaw

Kane looked invisible in Cup finals when he played with Sharp-Handzus. When he lined up with Bickell and Toews, Kane was very effective. TT will be better on the Hawks team which has finishers, skaters, and Higher IQ players players.
I think TT could throw up some great numbers with higher end talent- Just like he seems to do when skating with Elite U20 players vs. other Elite U20's! Because TT is more of playmaker- he needs guys who can skate, shoot, and THINK the game at highlevel/speed.

Old
08-25-2013, 01:50 PM
bookjones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagged View Post
And there's also a reality check to be made: A lot of the best finnish players didn't crack FEL rosters until their 20's. Mikko Koivu did, but he had 30 points in FEL as a 21 year old, 20 points as a 20 year old and 7 point as a 19 year old and 1 point in his draft year (being half a year older than Teravainen).

As far as European Trophy goes, there are some teams that have 10 times the payroll of Jokerit. It's quite ok for an 18 year old to look invisible when playing his 3rd game as a center.

If Teravainen is able to switch to center and get similar production during the season as the last one, I think he shows promise enough.
THIS.

To the extent that I am in N.A. and therefore disadvantaged in seeing entire Jokerit games I still followed and tracked his play/development like a hawk and when possible watched any games I could all last year and this one. And on the forum I post at with some prospects updating even I wouldn't bother posting what would be essentially micro-analysis of his play and development on a game-by-game by others. . .or for any other prospect for that matter. Hockey seasons are long and sometimes periodic news about a prospect's play will not be positive and other times it will be.

Eh, I am of the opinion that if Jokerit wants to really see if he can become an effective Center in a men's Pro league environment (as opposed to International Jrs. play) then they simply have to give it time to succeed or fail on its own merits. If they simply lather, rinse, and repeat the beginning of last season where they experimented and tried for the first 7 or so games before moving him back to wing then that's their coaching prerogative but then I don't see the point of doing it again for a season that is 60 games long.

Last edited by bookjones: 08-25-2013 at 01:59 PM.
Old
08-25-2013, 01:55 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

TT will show what he's got when he's gets here. He's young and has flashes of greatness. He will be fine.

Old
08-25-2013, 03:10 PM
Kentti

Quote:
Originally Posted by wladyslaw View Post
I went to the Jokerit website last week to buy TT jersey. The translations were not that great. Are any of you Fins/Swedes familiar with their Website/store regarding purchasing and receiving goods in U.S.? Or am I sol? How long should it take to ship to U.S.?
You can see the jersey from here: http://www.jokerit.com/shop/index.php

Go to "Pelipaidat". It's the one on the far bottom of the page, jersey that costs 105 euros (about 130 USD). You cannot order products online from Jokerit store outside of Finland but you can do it if you call them or send them email.

The jersey isn't game worn (game worn jerseys usually cost hundreds of euros when they are available) and it's ad-free.

For phone service, dial +358 204 194 609.
Email: jokerit@hartwall-areena.com

When you contact them, say you want the 105 euro jersey with name TERÄVÄINEN and number 86 on the back. And say the size of the jersey, S, M, XL or XXL.

There's also the 69 euro replica jersey that has all the ads on it. It seems Teräväinen jersey is available on sizes S, M or XL. The jersey is the one above the 105 euro jersey.

It usually takes 2 weeks for the jersey to arrive in Finland, probably takes a week more to US.

http://www.jokerit.com/?id=35

Old
08-25-2013, 03:30 PM
Kentti

Highlights from yesterday's game against ZSC Lions that Jokerit lost 1-2. I don't think TT was invisible in the game, he had a couple of great passes and a goal opportunity that he missed and was very good on PP. He just didn't have any points in the game. As usual, TT is #86.

Old
08-25-2013, 08:45 PM
wladyslaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentti View Post
You can see the jersey from here: http://www.jokerit.com/shop/index.php

Go to "Pelipaidat". It's the one on the far bottom of the page, jersey that costs 105 euros (about 130 USD). You cannot order products online from Jokerit store outside of Finland but you can do it if you call them or send them email.

The jersey isn't game worn (game worn jerseys usually cost hundreds of euros when they are available) and it's ad-free.

For phone service, dial +358 204 194 609.
Email: jokerit@hartwall-areena.com

When you contact them, say you want the 105 euro jersey with name TERÄVÄINEN and number 86 on the back. And say the size of the jersey, S, M, XL or XXL.

There's also the 69 euro replica jersey that has all the ads on it. It seems Teräväinen jersey is available on sizes S, M or XL. The jersey is the one above the 105 euro jersey.

It usually takes 2 weeks for the jersey to arrive in Finland, probably takes a week more to US.

http://www.jokerit.com/?id=35
Thanks- Kentti! But I am a little confused. I went to the Jokerit store online, filled out all the info (using my phone for Fin-English translation. Ordered, gave Credit Card info. Address, etc. But I am really surprised that they never sent an email confirming purchase ( evertime I buy something online- the companies always send purchase info, confirmation, etc.). I called my CC company- and they said the charge went thru. I was also surprised that they didn't up charge me for the longer shipping- which makes me worry- that it will not ship correctly.

I Appreciate the insight on shipping.

Old
08-26-2013, 12:28 AM
Kentti

Quote:
Originally Posted by wladyslaw View Post
Thanks- Kentti! But I am a little confused. I went to the Jokerit store online, filled out all the info (using my phone for Fin-English translation. Ordered, gave Credit Card info. Address, etc. But I am really surprised that they never sent an email confirming purchase ( evertime I buy something online- the companies always send purchase info, confirmation, etc.). I called my CC company- and they said the charge went thru. I was also surprised that they didn't up charge me for the longer shipping- which makes me worry- that it will not ship correctly.

I Appreciate the insight on shipping.
I think the best way of knowing about the status of your order is by calling Jokerit or sending them email and asking them to verify your order status.

Old
08-26-2013, 05:52 AM
Kennel

I actually contacted the Jokerit office last week while helping another HFB member and they don't currently sell stuff to NA due to low demand and relatively laborous process. They've planned improvements but it might take a while. They still promised to handle the order I was helping with, so sending email won't hurt (at least it proves that there's demand).

Old
08-26-2013, 07:37 PM
BBH
34|38|61|10|13

Send a message via Skype™ to BBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by brtriad View Post
Wicked. Seems like management is following the same timeline they did with Kruger.
A philosophy that worked remarkably well.

Old
08-26-2013, 10:27 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

going back to the bonus issue, like i said, i'm surprised he didn't get performance bonuses the way that other first rounders tend to get. the hawks generally give them (they did to danault and mcneill). i'm wondering if they told teuvo that they thought he had the potential to get nhl time soon and he would help his cause if his potential cap hit was low

Old
08-27-2013, 12:31 AM
Kentti

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
going back to the bonus issue, like i said, i'm surprised he didn't get performance bonuses the way that other first rounders tend to get. the hawks generally give them (they did to danault and mcneill). i'm wondering if they told teuvo that they thought he had the potential to get nhl time soon and he would help his cause if his potential cap hit was low
According to this article, the contract includes bonuses:

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/blac...uvo-teravainen

Quote:
Lehto wouldn't go into financial details about Teravainen's contract, but he said the contract included bonuses and was designed for the Blackhawks to not take a significant salary cap hit. Unless Teravainen appears in 10 regular-season games this season, his contract will slide and he won't become a restricted free agent until after the 2016-17 season.

Old
08-27-2013, 12:43 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

good to see that they were willing to structure the deal our favor. This will only help us going forward

Old
08-27-2013, 01:10 AM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentti View Post
According to this article, the contract includes bonuses:

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/blac...uvo-teravainen
yes, as per capgeek, he got a signing bonus: http://www.capgeek.com/player/2572

...but he got 0 performance bonuses, which, like i said, is odd for a #18 overall pick (see the mcneill/danault contracts as comparison).

...that's why i was wondering if there was a casual agreement b/w the hawks and teuvo that if he didn't sign for any performance bonuses it would be easier for him to make the team.

re his draft year...if you go to capgeek and do a search of any of the following you'll see that they got some availability for performance bonuses (doesn't mean they'll get the $, just means it's accessible to them): laughton, gaunce, samuelsson

maybe i'm looking at something that is nothing - but it's just interesting that teuvo signed for a ceiling "caphit" which is lower that early hawks prospects signed for and is lower than similar players from the '12 draft.

...this is why i'm wondering if there was some casual conversation that resulted in teuvo signing a contract that didn't carry the same available cap hit of other contracts.

Old
08-27-2013, 08:11 AM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 50
TT doesn't have any performance bonuses in his contract?!?!?!

Old
08-27-2013, 09:00 AM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
TT doesn't have any performance bonuses in his contract?!?!?!

according to capgeek, no - he just has the signing bonus

it's odd. better for us...but i just wonder why...if it's, like i said, they told him he could make the team easier that way...although i think the bonuses only count against the cap if you actually earn them...and the cap's going up next year so

Old
08-27-2013, 09:08 AM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 50
Yeah, it would be really nice to avoid a possible meltdown if he were to win ROY and/or Conn Smythe. As for why, I don't know either, maybe the signing bonus was important so they gave him more there in exchange for the bonuses.

Closed Thread