HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL

*OFFICIAL* Kitchener Rangers 2013-14 Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
08-14-2013, 05:18 PM
bobber

vCash: 500
This years camp should one of the more interesting camps we had in years. Lots of new faces vying for a few jobs. McInnis is suppose to be a great prospect. Hope he lives up to his billing.

Old
08-14-2013, 08:16 PM
kwrangersfan22

I agree bobber. I hope he lives up to expectations. Everyone is so excited to see him come and I'm sure many people has not seen him play. I dislike when there is so much hype about a player and live up to all the high expectations. I have rather reserve my comments until I see him play. I prefer players who are under the radar. Macinnis numbers have yet to impress me and that is with his age group. Looking forward to seeing him succeed though.

Old
08-19-2013, 11:56 AM
HamDangled

Just saw Cosman picking up what appears to be season tickets from the Aud. Something about Brownie's article was definitely off.

Old
08-19-2013, 12:55 PM
Ward Cornell

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamDangled View Post
Just saw Cosman picking up what appears to be season tickets from the Aud. Something about Brownie's article was definitely off.
He may have been picking something up for another event since the ST's aren't ready for pick-up.

Quote:
Season tickets will be available for pick-up starting Sunday, September 1st at 10 am. at the Kitchener Memorial Auditorium Box Office (400 East Ave). The box office will be open from 10am 4pm for those wishing to pick-up their tickets on Sunday.

The Aud Box Office hours from Tuesday, September 3 Friday, September 6 are 10am to 4pm daily. Please note the Box Office is closed Monday, September 2 for Labour Day.

Ticket Package includes:
September 13, 2013 exhibition game versus Erie Otters
34 regular season games
2 - $10.00 gift vouchers for Rangers Authentics (October & January)
VIP card
Season Ticket Holder information

A reminder that the Rangers first exhibition game versus the North Bay Battalion is not included in the season ticket package. Proceeds from the exhibition game on Sunday, September 1st benefit the Children's Wish Foundation. Tickets are a donation of $5 for one and $15 for a family of four and are available for purchase at the Rangers Fan Appreciation BBQ on Sunday from 11-2pm.

NOTE: In order to be able to pick up your tickets. You must be the person named to the account as well as provide photo ID. If you are picking up tickets for the person named to the account but you are not the account holder, you must provide a signed letter from the account holder.
http://www.kitchenerrangers.com/arti...package-pickup

Old
08-19-2013, 01:03 PM
Tim Wallach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward Cornell View Post
He may have been picking something up for another event since the ST's aren't ready for pick-up.
Jeff Dunham tickets are on sale. I heard a lot of dummies will be in attendance.

Old
08-19-2013, 02:16 PM
CharlieGirl

^^ LOL - well done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamDangled View Post
Also, his wife has a season ticket.

Old
08-20-2013, 07:19 AM
rangersfan88

When do you guys see the rangers being a serious contender again ? Maybe next year? or the year after ? With all the young prospects they have signed I wouldn't be surprised if they are right back in the thick of things next year . Might depend on the moves we make at the deadline assuming they sell off some veterans and the return we get for them . I am looking forward to seeing this young core grow . What is our goaltending situation gonna be like this year?

Old
08-20-2013, 08:32 AM
Ward Cornell

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangersfan88 View Post
When do you guys see the rangers being a serious contender again ? Maybe next year? or the year after ? With all the young prospects they have signed I wouldn't be surprised if they are right back in the thick of things next year . Might depend on the moves we make at the deadline assuming they sell off some veterans and the return we get for them . I am looking forward to seeing this young core grow . What is our goaltending situation gonna be like this year?
With London looking like the one true really good team, with maybe Saginaw and Guelph right behind them Kitchener would fall somewhere in the pack after that. I would have to say that Sarnia will be the team likely in last place in the West (maybe the entire O).
As for being a true contender again, that IMHO would entirely depend if Matt Greenwood (G) is as good as some reports has him be (with some typical magic by Piero Greco). The Rangers forwards in the next few years could be as good as any in the league. While the D may be missing some of the swagger of a Murphy I think they will be very underrated in both ends. The two defencemen I'm excited to watch this season is Owen Stewart (defensively I think will be the Rangers best by seasons end) and Doug Blaisdell who has the potential in a cpl years to be one of the leagues top 4 or 5 d-man.

For predictions?......6th in the midwest this year.
Next year?....Top 3 with a bullet in the midwest.

(btw...it's nice to be optimistic at this time of the year)

Other opinions?

Old
08-20-2013, 08:35 AM
Ward Cornell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Wallach View Post
Jeff Dunham tickets are on sale. I heard a lot of dummies will be in attendance.
I sure hope his "unknown client" sure paid him a boatload to totally embarrass himself at the AGMs and in the newspapers.

Old
08-20-2013, 08:43 AM
ErieOttersNews
#NewEra

vCash: 200
Quote:
With London looking like the one true really good team, with maybe Saginaw and Guelph right behind them Kitchener would fall somewhere in the pack after that. I would have to say that Sarnia will be the team likely in last place in the West (maybe the entire O).
As for being a true contender again, that IMHO would entirely depend if Matt Greenwood (G) is as good as some reports has him be (with some typical magic by Piero Greco). The Rangers forwards in the next few years could be as good as any in the league. While the D may be missing some of the swagger of a Murphy I think they will be very underrated in both ends. The two defencemen I'm excited to watch this season is Owen Stewart (defensively I think will be the Rangers best by seasons end) and Doug Blaisdell who has the potential in a cpl years to be one of the leagues top 4 or 5 d-man.

For predictions?......6th in the midwest this year.
Next year?....Top 3 with a bullet in the midwest.

(btw...it's nice to be optimistic at this time of the year)

Other opinions?
Kitchener sits somewhere around 6th at the deadline and sells a few vets for a good return, ends up finishing 7th place in the western conference, 4th in the midwest division, gives saginaw a good run in the first round but eventually falls. Just where I see them going this year after losing quite a bit of talent from last years squad. I think they'll rise up again to 3rd or 4th in the western conference in 2014/2015.

Old
08-20-2013, 09:05 AM
CharlieGirl

Quote:
I sure hope his "unknown client" sure paid him a boatload to totally embarrass himself at the AGMs and in the newspapers.
Yep. The shame of it is that some of the points and concerns he raised are legit and those processes should be reviewed. Unfortunately, the good stuff was overshadowed by all the nonsense, grandstanding, and general asshattery he brought.

I'm not entirely comfortable with the idea that the team has the ability to pull a season ticket from a long time subscriber, but I do think they weren't left with much of a choice in this situation. Mr. Cosman may have started out with good intentions, but then went way off the rails.

Quote:
"If you have the facts on your side, hammer the facts. If you have the law on your side, hammer the law. If you have neither the facts nor the law, hammer the table.
Mr. Cosman did ask legitimate questions, but then deteriorated into hammering the table and nothing more.

Old
08-20-2013, 09:16 AM
Ward Cornell

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
Yep. The shame of it is that some of the points and concerns he raised are legit and those processes should be reviewed. Unfortunately, the good stuff was overshadowed by all the nonsense, grandstanding, and general asshattery he brought.

I'm not entirely comfortable with the idea that the team has the ability to pull a season ticket from a long time subscriber, but I do think they weren't left with much of a choice in this situation. Mr. Cosman may have started out with good intentions, but then went way off the rails.

Mr. Cosman did ask legitimate questions, but then deteriorated into hammering the table and nothing more.
^ yeah, I said the same that he did have some good points but they were all overshadowed by his theatrics! Now here's hoping the Steve Bienkowski and company will go back and review his concerns!

Old
08-20-2013, 10:09 AM
bobber

This is from the article in the Record regarding the court case:

Court documents reveal that Cosman's seat was not resold as a season ticket during the past year. However, it was offered to the public — including Cosman — for purchase on a per-game basis.

It's not clear if Cosman can re-buy his season's ticket for the upcoming campaign. Both he and the Rangers would not comment on the settlement details.

"I can't comment," said Campbell. "I'm bound by confidentiality."

Reached by phone, Cosman also said he couldn't elaborate.

"I'm trying to be helpful, but I'm under restrictions," he said.

Cosman sought $25,000 in compensatory damages, $25,000 in punitive damages, $25,000 in aggravated damages and $25,000 in mental suffering. The Rangers believed the lawsuit had no merit.

Cosman unsuccessfully ran for a spot on the board of directors in 2011. He has sent mailings to team subscribers pointing out club shortcomings and has been outspoken at the franchise's annual general meetings over the years.

"I rock the boat," Cosman told The Record last year when he launched his lawsuit.

"If you speak up at all you get punished. I think that's the message they are trying to send. It's a chilling thing."

Old
08-20-2013, 11:12 AM
CharlieGirl

Poor delusional Mr. Cosman.

It's not that one can't speak up. It's how one goes about it, and how many times one feels the need to ask the same question, get the same answer, and continue to ask the same question. It's about how one demands access to confidential information, despite being told that it is not going to be released. It's about how one stomps around throwing accusations based on nothing more than something conjured up in one's head, or manipulating facts to make them appear to support one's own agenda.

I'm very happy that Mr. Cosman was required to cover the Rangers' court costs. That's $15K that didn't need to come out of income.

For someone who (supposedly) had the best interests of the team in mind, he spent a great deal of time trying to tear it apart, put it into a challenging financial position, and cost the team resources and money dealing with some of his nonsense.

Old
08-20-2013, 01:22 PM
HamDangled

I'm telling you. Cosman's seasons tickets have been reinstated. As for the $15K in court costs that was for a specific motion he brought forward. Attention to detail, read the correction on Brown's article. The outcome of the whole case has not been released.

Old
08-21-2013, 05:16 PM
NHL Fanatic

I'd love to check out Rangers camp next week. Going to be a really competitive camp, especially with so many new additions this offseason

Old
08-21-2013, 11:30 PM
BenchedGuy

Add Sergeev, according to Josh Brown twitter his visa issue has been resolved and he will be at camp next week.

Old
08-22-2013, 12:03 AM
EvenSteven

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL Fanatic View Post
I'd love to check out Rangers camp next week. Going to be a really competitive camp, especially with so many new additions this offseason
I agree!

Personally, since we are in a rebuilding season, I'm hoping we see a lot of new faces in prominant positions. With the guys we have signed, free agent invites notwithstanding, here's how I'd like to see our lineup look on opening night(I'd expect valuble vets to be dealt at the deadline):

Thomson / Faksa / Marcantuoni
Throw these vets together. Ming is gone when Thomson returns as an OA. Randell, who was much better, played as an OA, so should Thomson. MM (yet again) and Faksa have a lot to prove after last year.

Pederson / Sterk / Bailey
The best these guys played as Rangers was when they were together as a line. Let's see if they can gel again.

Magyer / MacInnis / Llewellyn
Hoping these kids can find the chemistry to play together as a line for the next 2-3 years. A lot of offensive potential there.

Davies / Meighan / Mense-Dietrich
Davies and Mense-Dietrich will be brought along slow. No way Meighan goes anywhere. Unless a newcomer steps up, this guy will be our best PKer and faceoff man. A perfect OA for 2014-15. No idea why Teskey was brought in except that he was an OHL 1st rounder. With 3 pts last year, 14pts and 48pims over 98 games, unless hes a type of player Meighan is, he is of no use to us. That's why he isn't in my lineup.

Spares: Learn / Kohn / Cascagnette

Fanelli / McEneny
Iafrate / Sergeev
Blaisdell / Gilbert
Hora

Spares: Stewart / Young. These guys played so little last year I'd be surprised if they're around town very long.

Teichmann
Moylan
Greenfield

I can't for the life of me understand why TT was brought in. Aren't we rebuilding? I don't buy the VanBuskirk theory either. We had the future #1 (Maxwell) slated to come in the following year.(I know he was acquired at that deadline, but it was a pretty much done deal that he would be dealt here early on that year).

Give the ball to Moylan and Greenfield and let them sort out who'll be #1.

The other signed 16 year olds I expect to be playing at the lower levels this year.

Old
08-22-2013, 07:30 AM
Crottenham

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvenSteven View Post
I agree!

Personally, since we are in a rebuilding season, I'm hoping we see a lot of new faces in prominant positions. With the guys we have signed, free agent invites notwithstanding, here's how I'd like to see our lineup look on opening night(I'd expect valuble vets to be dealt at the deadline):

Throw these vets together. Ming is gone when Thomson returns as an OA. Randell, who was much better, played as an OA, so should Thomson. MM (yet again) and Faksa have a lot to prove after last year.

The best these guys played as Rangers was when they were together as a line. Let's see if they can gel again.

Hoping these kids can find the chemistry to play together as a line for the next 2-3 years. A lot of offensive potential there.

Davies and Mense-Dietrich will be brought along slow. No way Meighan goes anywhere. Unless a newcomer steps up, this guy will be our best PKer and faceoff man. A perfect OA for 2014-15. No idea why Teskey was brought in except that he was an OHL 1st rounder. With 3 pts last year, 14pts and 48pims over 98 games, unless hes a type of player Meighan is, he is of no use to us. That's why he isn't in my lineup.

Fanelli / McEneny
Iafrate / Sergeev
Blaisdell / Gilbert
Hora

Spares: Stewart / Young. These guys played so little last year I'd be surprised if they're around town very long.

Teichmann
Moylan
Greenfield

I can't for the life of me understand why TT was brought in. Aren't we rebuilding? I don't buy the VanBuskirk theory either. We had the future #1 (Maxwell) slated to come in the following year.(I know he was acquired at that deadline, but it was a pretty much done deal that he would be dealt here early on that year).

The other signed 16 year olds I expect to be playing at the lower levels this year.
Blasby doesn't make your team?

Old
08-22-2013, 08:26 AM
Ward Cornell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crottenham View Post
Blasby doesn't make your team?
I would have to think that Blasby will be making a case for himself to be on the team.
I also suspect there's about 3 or 4 veteran forwards who will be under the gun to survive the season without being traded.

One can make a case for any young forward to make the team but one thing I'm thrilled about is the depth of the forwards for this year and a few years down the road.
The same can be said for the defensive corps!

One thing I think most Ranger fans can agree with is that Murray Hiebert the Rangers new GM has done a great job with adding this depth via the draft!

Old
08-22-2013, 06:37 PM
NHL Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvenSteven View Post
I agree!

Fanelli / McEneny
Iafrate / Sergeev
Blaisdell / Gilbert
Hora

Teichmann
Moylan
Greenfield

I like your lines. In regards to the goalie aspect, most teams like having an experience OHL tender on their roster. If TT doesn't play up to expectations he's good as gone. But he would definitely be a good mentor for the tenders. He had a good year with Mississauga last year, kept them in a lot of games and pretty much got them into the playoffs with his stellar play down the stretch.

I'd like to see the Rangers give Gilbert a bigger role this year.

Old
08-23-2013, 02:13 PM
Phatpat88

Players that are going to camp

http://www.kitchenerrangers.com/uplo...Report_Web.pdf

Old
08-26-2013, 02:01 PM
CharlieGirl

Anyone going to the Rangers' Annual General Meeting tonight? It's at 7:00 at Rockway Collegiate if anyone is interested.

Old
08-26-2013, 02:19 PM
Ward Cornell

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
Anyone going to the Rangers' Annual General Meeting tonight? It's at 7:00 at Rockway Collegiate if anyone is interested.
Count me in for going!
I love the efficiency of last years meeting....wonder why that is??

I was looking forward to see how Spott was going to squirm to put a positive spin on last year!!

Last edited by Ward Cornell: 08-26-2013 at 02:29 PM.
Old
08-26-2013, 02:32 PM
BenchedGuy

I cant make it this year. Any chance someone can give the coles notes version tomorrow?

Closed Thread