HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Peter Mueller

Old
08-24-2013, 09:14 PM
Pantherfan12

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucanthanzalthetruth View Post
A lot of Panthers fans liked him but I didn't. He was actually pretty healthy for Florida, but outside of a few games, he was bad. He scored 2 goals in his last 28 games, and was a huge liability defensively. I'd take a flyer on Brad Boyes or even Wolski before him.
He was 10 times better than Wolski for the Panthers. He may have only had 2 goals in the final 28 games but he was anything but bad. The entire team was injuried and not just a few games injuried, but season ending injured. The entire team struggled, so in my opinion it isnt fair to hold Mueller only under a microscope. Heck, look at Shore and Howden. these kids literally did everything right BUT score. Mueller was great with Shore and Huberdeau, and I'm sure he would be great with a healthy Huberdeau and Barkov. He was outstanding at shootouts as well and for a team at the bottom of that category, he was def welcome here.

Last edited by PG Canuck: 08-24-2013 at 09:17 PM. Reason: Removed borderline comment
Pantherfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2013, 09:40 PM

When Peter played in Phoenix there was legitimate talk that he might retire from hockey and take up ministry or some religious interest. Apparently he comes from a very religious family or has a deep faith that he might be more committed to than hockey.

Ever since that early talk I was always very skeptical about him as a player. He proceeded to dog it on the Coyotes before being traded to the Avalanche and playing up to his potential. I know we've seen injuries play a heavy role in his career since then but I'm not sure how committed he is to life as a professional hockey player and everything required to compete at that level.

Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2013, 10:02 PM
boltsfan9186

vCash: 50
I really like him. Sick hands he has. I have been wanting the Lightning to sign him since the beginning of free agency.

boltsfan9186 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2013, 10:09 PM
Jester9881

Any rebuilding team should be all over this guy. Give him a one year deal on the cheap, and toss him on your top line. If he fails, he fails.... if he succeeds, you've got a decent trade chip at the deadline.

Jester9881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2013, 12:07 AM
seancolorado

I really liked Mueller with the Avs both as a person and a player. I just wish he played to fuller potential, with less injuries, and was a little tougher

I hope he manages to find his role with a team, wherever that is

seancolorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2013, 01:26 AM
Horvath Broncos

i really think mueller should get job from some team in NHL seeing how many teams could use him as 3rd line or 2nd line winger. for 1m/year i think he could be good addition to some teams. and if he can't remain healthy it's not like it would cripple teams cap situation.

but then again seeing how many better UFA wingers there are still available although many more expensive than him i can see him done in the NHL.

i could see him going to europe. switzerland or sweden perhaps. he can still make decent career in europe.

Horvath Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2013, 07:02 AM
tony d
Pug

The guy's a good player for sure but he also has a very scary injury history that's going to scare away a lot of teams.

08-25-2013, 10:29 AM
BHD

The Pens have Bennett, who looks ready to take on a more prominent role. Mueller could contribute if given a chance with the team. But personally, I would like to see Bennett be given the opportunity.

That said, I don't think his (Muller's) NHL career is over. Teams might be really hesitant to hand a contract a player with so many red flags. I would be shocked if he doesn't receive a PTO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester9881 View Post
Any rebuilding team should be all over this guy. Give him a one year deal on the cheap, and toss him on your top line. If he fails, he fails.... if he succeeds, you've got a decent trade chip at the deadline.
Calgary or Buffalo if some of their prospects aren't quite ready.

"I think a big thing with hockey fans is that we all have a hard time admitting that winning a Stanley Cup does involve a significant amount of luck." - thepuckmonster
BHD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2013, 10:52 AM
Devils Advocate
mmmmmm....Crow.

he plays like Robert Reichel in Rick Tocchet's body....a bad combo.

Devils Advocate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2013, 11:05 AM
deckercky

vCash: 1125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
When Peter played in Phoenix there was legitimate talk that he might retire from hockey and take up ministry or some religious interest. Apparently he comes from a very religious family or has a deep faith that he might be more committed to than hockey.
Concussion issues AND deeply religious AND untapped top 6 potential? I need him on a line with Booth!

I actually would love him on the Canucks, particularly if he was willing to sign a contract like his last one. He's got some solid playmaking skills which could compliment Kesler and Booth or Kesler and Burrows depending on where Kassian fits in the lineup. He also has the ability to fit in as a top 6 center, something the Canucks don't really have the personelle for at this point.

Not someone to expect to carry the load (this is where he faltered once injuries struck in Florida IMO), but someone who can be complimentary. He's a player who I think would fit better on a team like the Canucks or Pens than as the guy on a team.

deckercky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2013, 12:35 PM
PAZ

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by deckercky View Post
Concussion issues AND deeply religious AND untapped top 6 potential? I need him on a line with Booth!

I actually would love him on the Canucks, particularly if he was willing to sign a contract like his last one. He's got some solid playmaking skills which could compliment Kesler and Booth or Kesler and Burrows depending on where Kassian fits in the lineup. He also has the ability to fit in as a top 6 center, something the Canucks don't really have the personelle for at this point.

Not someone to expect to carry the load (this is where he faltered once injuries struck in Florida IMO), but someone who can be complimentary. He's a player who I think would fit better on a team like the Canucks or Pens than as the guy on a team.
I wouldn't exactly call him a complimentary player because with the right linemates he can help carry a line, he has the skills to do so. With the Avs him and Duchene were gold when Mueller was actually playing and fed off of each other, but I do agree Mueller can't carry a line by himself (especially after all the concussions).

He'd be a great fit for either of those clubs, and I'd love if he ended up on either of those teams and gets his career back on track.

PAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2013, 02:36 PM
tucker3434

If he doesn't go to Europe, I could see him signing as an injury fill in somewhere. He'd be a good low risk option.

tucker3434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2013, 08:15 PM
zerekstar

Quote:

Ever since that early talk I was always very skeptical about him as a player. He proceeded to dog it on the Coyotes before being traded to the Avalanche and playing up to his potential. I know we've seen injuries play a heavy role in his career since then but I'm not sure how committed he is to life as a professional hockey player and everything required to compete at that level.
I remember hearing that too but if it is true, he should stop signing NHL contracts and do what he feels he is called to do. It isn't fair to sign these contracts and then only give a half effort cause your heart isn't there. He needs to stop fooling himself and get on with it.

zerekstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2013, 08:51 AM
mrinsane

He's limit to be a bust.

mrinsane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2013, 09:08 AM
BonMorrison
Your resident SJW

Quote:

Well that explains the look then...

BonMorrison is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2013, 04:49 PM
GotScomez
Team Europe

vCash: 5674
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonMorrison View Post

GotScomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2013, 01:43 AM
JP Mick
Real Good.

vCash: 403
Quote:

I call BS on the religious excuse. Rocco Grimaldi has been tearing it up every step of the way regardless of his injuries, size and immense Christian beliefs. I am one of the least religious people you will meet and I can't wait for the day he makes the Panthers.

JP Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2013, 02:15 AM
ucanthanzalthetruth
Not a bandwaggoner

vCash: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Mick View Post
I call BS on the religious excuse. Rocco Grimaldi has been tearing it up every step of the way regardless of his injuries, size and immense Christian beliefs. I am one of the least religious people you will meet and I can't wait for the day he makes the Panthers.
I agree. I just think he's not very good, but not due to religion. If anything, his beliefs would likely make him better, as he won't have any Belfour Peltonen nights at the bar during the season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonMorrison View Post

I see your Mueller and raise you

ucanthanzalthetruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2013, 03:24 AM
Flamesarmstrong22

Wouldn't mind Calgary taking a flyer on him, he could play C for us and would likely score more points than either backlund or stajan

Flamesarmstrong22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2013, 05:18 AM
HighLifeMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesarmstrong22 View Post
Wouldn't mind Calgary taking a flyer on him, he could play C for us and would likely score more points than either backlund or stajan
Extremely doubtful.
1. He is primarily a winger
2. When he does play center he is a huge liability in the faceoff circle (under 45% in his career)
3. Both Backlund and Stajan were more productive than he was last season.

However, if we were to sign him it would likely be with the intention of playing him on the right wing, and I wouldn't be totally opposed to that idea.

HighLifeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2013, 02:41 AM
JP Mick
Real Good.

vCash: 403
Quote:
ucanthanzalthetruth;70550351]I agree. I just think he's not very good, but not due to religion. If anything, his beliefs would likely make him better, as he won't have any Belfour Peltonen nights at the bar during the season.

Well that's no fun!! The Miami Beach firetrucks can rest easy at least.

JP Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2013, 03:30 AM
KuemperTantrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerekstar View Post
I remember hearing that too but if it is true, he should stop signing NHL contracts and do what he feels he is called to do. It isn't fair to sign these contracts and then only give a half effort cause your heart isn't there. He needs to stop fooling himself and get on with it.
Lol, you say that now, but if you were in his shoes, wouldn't that huge amount of money you could still make be enticing? I know it certainly would be for me, and would be enough to keep me signing contracts even if my heart wasn't in it.

KuemperTantrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2013, 06:50 AM
Chileiceman

I hope he lands somewhere. I'm a big fan of his game. He has a tremendous shot, great vision and superb passing ability. He lacks speed, but he gets around fine. He had a decent year last year. Everytime I watched Florida (and yes I watched them a fair amount) he stood out to me. He was also fantastic for the Avs before Rob Blake laid a dirty hit on him at the end of the 2010 regular season.

Chileiceman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2013, 01:38 PM
PHX FireBirds18

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Mick View Post
The religious thing is 100% true not an excuse. He's covered in tattoos that shows off just how religious he is if you ever get the chance to meet him in person. Nobody questions Grimaldi's work ethic or his commitment towards hockey. Mueller never had that and then he got concussions up the whaazoo! He's always had more talent than drive and ever since that first concussion a dirty elbow from Rob Niedermeyer. He's been playing scared and thus less effective cause of it.

PHX FireBirds18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2013, 07:02 PM
Pizza Rules
Ilya Kovalsucks

I remember seeing him in Kelowna and had the full sleeve tats (right before he signed with Florida) and it looked religious-themed with psalms and whatnot. I remember looking him up when I got home because I remember his good year in Florida, and he was thinking about retiring even then. I think this may be it for him.

Pizza Rules is offline   Reply With Quote