HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Is Marc Bergevin Done Tinkering?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-27-2013, 02:03 PM
  #26
Smoky Thompson
Registered User
 
Smoky Thompson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: 514
Posts: 3,572
vCash: 500
Diaz showed us at the start of the season how dangerous he can be on the PP. He can QB the pp and also, despite not having the hardest shot, can put the puck on net.
Defensively he plays more of a cerebral game. He's great with his stick and can be effective in his own zone.
The Gorges Diaz pairing at the end of the season however was horrendous. MT should know better than to put two physically weak dmen together.
I think Diaz and Murray may form a solid 3rd pairing this season. Diaz will have more space to play and will not need to worry about forwards trying to take his head off since Murray will likely be bigger and stronger than most opposing forwards. And let's face it, Diaz was playing scared during the playoffs.
We CAN'T have any defencemen playing scared during the playoffs.

Smoky Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2013, 02:04 PM
  #27
MXD
Registered User
 
MXD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 20,419
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
If he trucked people, HF would love him. He was our 3rd best D until he went down to injury. Came back looking all ****ed up.
You have it right - seems to have played out of sync. But I still think he's sort of expendable. That depends mostly on an X-factor named Beaulieu.

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2013, 02:08 PM
  #28
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse
 
overlords's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,132
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
You have it right - seems to have played out of sync. But I still think he's sort of expendable. That depends mostly on an X-factor named Beaulieu.
depends on what happens with markov, too, I think.

__________________



"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2013, 03:15 PM
  #29
Habsterix*
@Habsterix
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,475
vCash: 500
For what it's worth, I think that Bergevin is done tinkering and that unless there's an injury, Drewiske will be placed on waivers when Emelin is ready to come back in November/December.

Having said that, I also thought that he was done tinkering and he signed Murray. So who knows?

Personally, I'd still like to see a bigger top 9 forward being added to this crew.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2013, 03:19 PM
  #30
habamillions
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: arnprior,ontario
Posts: 1,241
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
You mean, when he had a concussion or when he was getting back into play after losing the season's high beat for a month and a half?
everyone seems to forget too he was leading the league with markov in defensive points for awhile

habamillions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2013, 03:48 PM
  #31
HCH
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: The Wild West
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,605
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
For what it's worth, I think that Bergevin is done tinkering and that unless there's an injury, Drewiske will be placed on waivers when Emelin is ready to come back in November/December.

Having said that, I also thought that he was done tinkering and he signed Murray. So who knows?

Personally, I'd still like to see a bigger top 9 forward being added to this crew.
There are so many variables it is hard to say how things will go.

I agree with most of what you say but I have the feeling that when Emelin is ready, Diaz could be the odd man out, not because Drewiske is better but because Diaz is better. There actually might be a market for him, he will be a free agent at the end of the season and he is already in a higher salary bracket than Drewiske. Of course a lot will depend on how the defensive prospects in Hamilton are developing and by Christmas time Bergevin should have a good read on that situation. He could be dealing from a position of strength.

A bigger top 9 forward is also on my wish list... particularly if he is aright winger who can put a few points ont the board.

HCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2013, 03:57 PM
  #32
PricePkPatch
Registered User
 
PricePkPatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,538
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habamillions View Post
everyone seems to forget too he was leading the league with markov in defensive points for awhile
People say it's 100% Markov, but I disagree with that. I mean, Markov might help, but Diaz sure can hold his own and control the play while QBing the PP.

Diaz is more than serviceable in that area. I suggest we stop criticizing his performance until next season. Then we'll see how he recovered.

PricePkPatch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2013, 04:01 PM
  #33
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred
 
habs03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 4,650
vCash: 500
We have a set lineup, any player signed, must have another one traded.

There is only one spot open on the team really, and that's for the a dmen, we have 8 but with Emelin hurt it opens a spot, IMO it's Tinordi's, but if he doesn't make it we'll probably see another depth dmen signed, but I think Tinordi is a lock.

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2013, 04:09 PM
  #34
charlie
Registered User
 
charlie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,259
vCash: 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by HCH View Post
There are so many variables it is hard to say how things will go.

I agree with most of what you say but I have the feeling that when Emelin is ready, Diaz could be the odd man out, not because Drewiske is better but because Diaz is better. There actually might be a market for him, he will be a free agent at the end of the season and he is already in a higher salary bracket than Drewiske. Of course a lot will depend on how the defensive prospects in Hamilton are developing and by Christmas time Bergevin should have a good read on that situation. He could be dealing from a position of strength.

A bigger top 9 forward is also on my wish list... particularly if he is aright winger who can put a few points ont the board.
Geeze I wonder who that might be.

charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2013, 04:22 PM
  #35
Pricenyuk
Montreal961
 
Pricenyuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,433
vCash: 500
I had a dream last night that we traded DD for a decent 3rd line player. I can't remember who the player was, but I remember being pretty pleased.

Then I woke up, and wasn't so pleased.

Pricenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2013, 06:51 PM
  #36
SouthernHab
Registered User
 
SouthernHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,645
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habs03 View Post
We have a set lineup, any player signed, must have another one traded.

There is only one spot open on the team really, and that's for the a dmen, we have 8 but with Emelin hurt it opens a spot, IMO it's Tinordi's, but if he doesn't make it we'll probably see another depth dmen signed, but I think Tinordi is a lock.
I agree with this. I dont think Tinordi will be spending much time in Hamilton.

We are in a good position to deal Diaz for a bigger Top 9 player while easing Beaulieu into the lineup to get more playing time.

SouthernHab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2013, 07:07 PM
  #37
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred
 
habs03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 4,650
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
I agree with this. I dont think Tinordi will be spending much time in Hamilton.

We are in a good position to deal Diaz for a bigger Top 9 player while easing Beaulieu into the lineup to get more playing time.
Agree, but don't think it will happen until maybe the start of the year, if you ship Diaz out for a top 9 forward, we also have to ship out a top 9 forward that we already have.

IMO the D is set for the start of the year,

Gorges Subban
Markov Tinordi
Murray/Bouillon-Daiz
DD44

Where it gets trick is mid season, when Emelin is back, one of those guys get moved, and also like you said I bet the team will be looking to get Beaulieu in there.

And at that point anything can happen, Daiz, Markov, Murray, Bouillon and Emelin are all pending UFA so anything can happen after the season starts.

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2013, 10:57 PM
  #38
Forsead
Registered User
 
Forsead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Québec City
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,189
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
I agree with this. I dont think Tinordi will be spending much time in Hamilton.

We are in a good position to deal Diaz for a bigger Top 9 player while easing Beaulieu into the lineup to get more playing time.
I think a team in the NHL need 3 competents puck movers on the back end and unless Beulieu has an incredible camp and seems completly ready Diaz is needed with Markov and Subban.

Forsead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2013, 12:08 AM
  #39
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger
 
MasterDecoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beijing
Posts: 9,730
vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Bergevin doesn't seem like the chess playing type.
with his shirt off and a bow tie on, yes he does

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2013, 12:39 AM
  #40
dackelljuneaubulis02
Registered User
 
dackelljuneaubulis02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,169
vCash: 500
this thread title is disgusting.

dackelljuneaubulis02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2013, 12:53 AM
  #41
Tusk
Registered User
 
Tusk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 3,532
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dackelljuneaubulis02 View Post
this thread title is disgusting.
Look who started it.

Tusk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2013, 03:43 AM
  #42
Jake5
Registered User
 
Jake5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 619
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsead View Post
I think a team in the NHL need 3 competents puck movers on the back end and unless Beulieu has an incredible camp and seems completly ready Diaz is needed with Markov and Subban.


This. not to mention, by the time Beaulieu has truly matured as a player Markov will be gone/on his way out. I see Diaz as a part of our future as the 3rd puck mover (SubbyDoo-Beaulieu-Diaz) unless someone better comes along. I really liked what I saw from Diaz early last season and hope he can build on it this year

Jake5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2013, 04:06 AM
  #43
Fifthgear
Registered User
 
Fifthgear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 300
vCash: 500
I don´t understand why people have lost faith so fast with Raphael Diaz

I don´t understand why people have lost faith so fast with Raphael Diaz
He was our best defensemen (apart Subban) before he got injured, he was reliable, better than Georges (bad season) for sure. I really don´t understand why people have lost faith so fast in this player.

Fifthgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2013, 09:08 AM
  #44
Habsterix*
@Habsterix
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tusk View Post
Look who started it.
You're not contributing much with this post.

Don't play stupid with me - I'm better at it.


Last edited by Habsterix*: 08-28-2013 at 11:40 AM.
Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2013, 12:36 PM
  #45
goman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 786
vCash: 500
While I think some of our team is tradeable, I think if Bergevin makes another move, it's to add depth up front in the bottom six. Perhaps he'll wait until training camp and see how everyone does. There's usually some decent vet depth left even then via FA or trade. Low to mid round pick and/or a contract back.

If there's going to be a bigger trade, I think it happens after the 1/4 point of the season, barring injuries.

goman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2013, 02:27 PM
  #46
Habsterix*
@Habsterix
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by goman View Post
While I think some of our team is tradeable, I think if Bergevin makes another move, it's to add depth up front in the bottom six. Perhaps he'll wait until training camp and see how everyone does. There's usually some decent vet depth left even then via FA or trade. Low to mid round pick and/or a contract back.

If there's going to be a bigger trade, I think it happens after the 1/4 point of the season, barring injuries.
I tend to agree. There's also waivers that will come into play when it's time to pair down the rosters.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2013, 04:18 PM
  #47
SouthernHab
Registered User
 
SouthernHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,645
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsead View Post
I think a team in the NHL need 3 competents puck movers on the back end and unless Beulieu has an incredible camp and seems completly ready Diaz is needed with Markov and Subban.
Boullion's puck handling skills are greatly underrated over here

SouthernHab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2013, 04:43 PM
  #48
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse
 
overlords's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,132
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Boullion's puck handling skills are greatly underrated over here
I agree, but I still don't think they're up there enough to be classified as a 'puck mover'.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2013, 05:08 PM
  #49
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 32,368
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Anyone who thinks Bouillon can actually move the puck is severely overrating his abilities.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2013, 05:14 PM
  #50
MXD
Registered User
 
MXD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 20,419
vCash: 500
Anyone who thinks Bouillon can't actually move the puck is severely underrating his abilities.

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:46 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.