HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What are you most excited about seeing this coming season?

Old
08-25-2013, 08:21 PM
Kevin Danko
Web Design

vCash: 897
Zac Rinaldo is another thing that im looking forward to, if he can continue to play smarter by drawing penalties rather than taking them...continue to throw like 100 hits a shift, and maybe chip in for a goal or two, i think that would be huge.

Kevin Danko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2013, 08:38 PM
flyersfan28

vCash: 500
You dont think the flyers need to trade talbot he bring nothing to this team 2 millions for 4liner is too manny.HE have good trade value.

flyersfan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2013, 08:48 PM
flyersfan28

Rinaldo is better that Talbot on 4line

Old
08-25-2013, 08:50 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan28 View Post
No, Talbot is clearly better than Rinaldo. He's much better defensively and is far more likely to score.

08-25-2013, 10:15 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
100% false. Talbot provides ALOT more than Rinaldo.

sa cyred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2013, 12:35 AM
flyersfan28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
No, Talbot is clearly better than Rinaldo. He's much better defensively and is far more likely to score.
yes i agree talbot is better all around player, but on 4line i think rinaldo is better

Last edited by flyersfan28: 08-26-2013 at 12:45 AM.
Old
08-26-2013, 01:43 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
Quote:
yes i agree talbot is better all around player, but on 4line i think rinaldo is better
Eh. i disagree. Talbot doesn't truly fit on a 3rd line most of the time; I think his first year here is an fluke. I consider him a 4th liner who can fill in on the 3rd if need be. Rinaldo isn't that guy. He's not as good offensively, or defensively. They're just about equal grinding along the boards...hitting is the only place I give Rinaldo the edge.

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2013, 06:01 AM
Flyerss

vCash: 147
let's just say if Talbot want to play like Rinaldo he can
and if Rinaldo want to play like Talbot he can't

Flyerss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2013, 07:09 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Another thing I missing is Jim Jackson and company. I had to watch the Flyers on Center Ice last season so I rarely got to see the home crew, but now that I am back with ****cast I'm stoked to see the old gang back together.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2013, 07:23 AM
Prongo
Beer

Of course an 82 game season will be nice.

Also excited to see b. schenn pot around 55-60 points this season playing on the first two lines.

I think streit will be better than most are thinking, and will give us 40-47 points on defense.

What I am really excited about though is the draft this year. The teams that have been holding it have been making trades the norm for the last few years. I want to see what homer has up his sleeve when the time roles around. I'm thinking he will have a big deal break when our pick is on the clock.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2013, 07:51 AM
SeanCWombBroom
DownieFaceSoftener

Still excited about B.Schenn and Couts. Strong years from them would really amp up the team.

Couts is only in his 3rd year and 20. B.Schenn is now 22 and in his third "real" year-- but he's quickly approaching that 25 year old mark that is the standard peak for forwards (maybe he is developing slowly?-- affected by linemates?).

As excited as I am, for the moment, I'm going to temper my expectations. B. Schenn could really use a big year.

SeanCWombBroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2013, 03:35 PM
blinds

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DownieFaceSoftener View Post
Still excited about B.Schenn and Couts. Strong years from them would really amp up the team.

Couts is only in his 3rd year and 20. B.Schenn is now 22 and in his third "real" year-- but he's quickly approaching that 25 year old mark that is the standard peak for forwards (maybe he is developing slowly?-- affected by linemates?).

As excited as I am, for the moment, I'm going to temper my expectations. B. Schenn could really use a big year.
I like your avatar.

I agree Schenn could really use a big year, his stock has fallen since we acquired him. Couts, I think, still needs some time to develop; like you said, he's 20 and he's not given as much opportunity as Schenn/Voracek/Simmonds are. I'd like to see a big year from Couts the year after though.

blinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2013, 02:34 PM
King Forsberg
21 68 88 16 44 28

vCash: 300
I'm honestly excited for every single part of this team. From guys like Lecavalier and Streit to guys like Morin and Hagg.

King Forsberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2013, 07:02 PM
Cyborg LeClair
14 28 10 16

vCash: 400
1. I'm most excited to see how Lecavlier fits in with our team. I think he's going to have his best season in a long time playing with this team. I'm curious to see if he stays at 2C or if he moves to Roo's wing. I really just want to see him play the trigger man for Giroux and Voracek on the powerplay. No offense to Hartnell, but I think Vinny has a better shot.

2. Like many people, I want to see Schenn breakout. He had a good season last year and I think that this will be the year he makes his presence known on our team as a dominant player deserving of opposing team's attention

3. I want to see Couts have a better season offensively. He had a 5 game goal scoring streak where he showed off his slick wrist shot in his rookie year, I'd love to see him string together more games like that this season.

4. I'll admit, I was a fan of Bryzgalov but he was just too inconsistent and had trouble making routine saves. I'm hopeful that Emery/Mason will be a good tandem and that Mason emerges as the first good starting goaltender since Chechmanek.

5. I'd like to see Gustafsson play big minutes for the club and have a breakout year as well, he really impressed me toward the end of the year and at the World Championships.

6. Claude Giroux is my favorite player and I'm just excited for another year of Roo Magic. He barely got ANY breakaways last season and I'm hoping that good breakout passes from Streit, Voracek, or Gus will produce some new highlights for me to oggle over all next summer.

as a side note, some people on the first page are confused, we beat the Sabres and then lost to Boston in 2011. We whooped the Penguins before losing to the Devils in 2012.

Cyborg LeClair is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2013, 07:11 PM
Flyerss

vCash: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg LeClair View Post
I really just want to see him play the trigger man for Giroux and Voracek on the powerplay. No offense to Hartnell, but I think Vinny has a better shot.
when i hear Lecavalier and Powerplay i always remember this video

Flyerss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2013, 07:23 PM
Cyborg LeClair
14 28 10 16

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerss View Post
when i hear Lecavalier and Powerplay i always remember this video

Dude, same. I thought of that as soon as we acquired him

Cyborg LeClair is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2013, 07:37 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerss View Post
when i hear Lecavalier and Powerplay i always remember this video.
Thanks for reminding me of two things:
1. How bad MFL is.
2. How weird Tampa's goal song is.

LegionOfDoom91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2013, 09:29 PM
Flyerfan4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
Thanks for reminding me of two things:
1. How bad MFL is.
2. How weird Tampa's goal song is.
ummm wasnt that exact type of goal "unsaveable" last year when Bryz let in a shot like that ???

Flyerfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2013, 10:56 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan4life View Post
ummm wasnt that exact type of goal "unsaveable" last year when Bryz let in a shot like that ???
Very likely, I couldn't keep up with all the excuses from the Bryz defenders last year.

It was a well placed shot but MFL was slow as hell getting over there & left a gaping hole in the top left corner of the post.

LegionOfDoom91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2013, 10:59 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

This ^

and This >

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2013, 11:34 AM
Kevin Danko
Web Design

Bill Meltzer's emery article on hockeybuzz.com yesterday has me pumped for Emery:
"Emery became the first NHL goaltender to ever start a season with 12 straight wins, punctuating the streak with a shutout against Calgary in his 200th career NHL star. Later, he accomplished the feat of recording three shutouts over a five-start span. Emery finished the season with a 17-1-0 won-loss record, and it wasn't just due to outstanding goal support and solid team defense."
If he continues to play like the numbers show above in a larger role

Old
08-30-2013, 12:30 PM
King Forsberg
21 68 88 16 44 28

vCash: 300
Emery really was a great signing for so many reasons. I can't wait for this season to just start.

King Forsberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2013, 11:15 AM
Kevin Danko
Web Design

Im interested to see how things shake out with Rosehill/Hall and our up and coming rookies.

I like the idea of having a heavyweight around, but if we have Rinaldo on the team than I'd like to give Rosehill's spot to a more offensive minded player, maybe Laughton or Straka.

Old
09-05-2013, 08:08 PM
flyersfan28

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindank View Post
Im interested to see how things shake out with Rosehill/Hall and our up and coming rookies.

I like the idea of having a heavyweight around, but if we have Rinaldo on the team than I'd like to give Rosehill's spot to a more offensive minded player, maybe Laughton or Straka.
rinaldo is good for his size but no way he equal rosehill. rosehill can go with any heavyweight
watch last years erskine elbowing simmonds and rinaldo chose hendricks
is for this reason why i like a 4line with rinaldo-hall-rosehill

Old
09-06-2013, 01:46 PM
F L Y E R S
Orange & Black

I hope they start similar to the 07-08 season.

-Have team bonding activities before the start of the regular season.(Even though that year had a lot more new faces, but still with Vinny, Streit, Emery, would be cool)

-After struggling the prior year, just storm out the 1st game and just completely dominant.(ala 8-2 vs Canucks)

-Get physical early and often. Get right in their face.(No suspensions this time though like that year please. I remember the Downie and Boulerice incidents)

-A number of guys breakout(Couts/Schenn possibly)

That team 6 years ago was just so fun to watch. With the game 7 OT win in Washington to top it off. Who knows, maybe they surprise.

F L Y E R S is offline   Reply With Quote