HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Other Arizona Sports Thread II: DBacks, Cardinals, Suns, Wildcats, Sun Devils, etc

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-25-2013, 01:17 PM
  #951
GiveAFlyingPuck
Good Fan/Bad Fan
 
GiveAFlyingPuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Gila River Arena
Country: United States
Posts: 3,801
vCash: 163
Dbacks - Looks doubtful that they will make the playoffs.
Cards - If last night's performance is an indicator, they will be sucking again.
Suns - No idea. Haven't heard anything good for a few years. I'd be hard pressed to name a player on the team.
Mercury - You'd rather find $5 than have the Mercury get into the WNBA playoffs
Rattlers - Champs, but in a sport that gets less press than the Mercury. MOD: OFFENSIVE

So the Coyotes should have a chance to own the sports page in this town if they can get back to the playoffs. Once their season starts, the Dbacks will be done and the the Cards will be mired in their usual suckitude. Should be interesting.


Last edited by RR: 08-25-2013 at 06:37 PM.
GiveAFlyingPuck is online now  
Old
08-25-2013, 03:39 PM
  #952
gra
Custom User Title
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 28,475
vCash: 466
Rosters have to be cut down to 75 by Tuesday.

K Dan Carpenter is the only roster cut for the Cards right now.

gra is offline  
Old
08-25-2013, 03:48 PM
  #953
CC96
Serious Offender
 
CC96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Mesa, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 17,195
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZflyingPuck View Post
Dbacks - Looks doubtful that they will make the playoffs.
Cards - If last night's performance is an indicator, they will be sucking again.
Suns - No idea. Haven't heard anything good for a few years. I'd be hard pressed to name a player on the team.
Mercury - You'd rather find $5 than have the Mercury get into the WNBA playoffs
Rattlers - Champs, but in a sport that gets less press than the Mercury. MOD: OFFENSIVE

So the Coyotes should have a chance to own the sports page in this town if they can get back to the playoffs. Once their season starts, the Dbacks will be done and the the Cards will be mired in their usual suckitude. Should be interesting.
Pretty much the truth.


Last edited by RR: 08-25-2013 at 06:38 PM.
CC96 is offline  
Old
08-25-2013, 07:09 PM
  #954
gra
Custom User Title
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 28,475
vCash: 466
http://www.azcentral.com/sports/card...nclick_check=1

Quote:
They released nine players, including Carpenter, tackle Joe Caprioglio, receivers Jarett Dillard and Nick Edwards, center Deveric Gallington, defensive end Cordian Hagans, linebacker Korey Jones, defensive tackle Jonathan Mathis, quarterback Caleb TerBush and cornerback Ronnie Yell.

Linebacker Dan Giordano (toe) was moved to the reserve/PUP list.

gra is offline  
Old
08-25-2013, 07:36 PM
  #955
Devils Advocate
mmmmmm....Crow.
 
Devils Advocate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 3,784
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZflyingPuck View Post
Dbacks - Looks doubtful that they will make the playoffs.
Cards - If last night's performance is an indicator, they will be sucking again.
Suns - No idea. Haven't heard anything good for a few years. I'd be hard pressed to name a player on the team.
Mercury - You'd rather find $5 than have the Mercury get into the WNBA playoffs
Rattlers - Champs, but in a sport that gets less press than the Mercury. MOD: OFFENSIVE

So the Coyotes should have a chance to own the sports page in this town if they can get back to the playoffs. Once their season starts, the Dbacks will be done and the the Cards will be mired in their usual suckitude. Should be interesting.
you failed to mention high school football and nascar, both of which get more coverage in the paper and tv... as far as the cards and suns, the local sports media will have more coverage about how bad the teams or their owners are before they mention the Coyotes being good.

the Coyotes will never get any regular sports coverage except playoff time.

Devils Advocate is offline  
Old
08-27-2013, 07:52 PM
  #956
ck26
Alcoholab User
 
ck26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Coyotes Bandwagon
Country: United States
Posts: 10,017
vCash: 141
Any roller derby fans here?

ck26 is offline  
Old
08-27-2013, 10:18 PM
  #957
GiveAFlyingPuck
Good Fan/Bad Fan
 
GiveAFlyingPuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Gila River Arena
Country: United States
Posts: 3,801
vCash: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by ck26 View Post
Any roller derby fans here?
I used to watch it on TV back in the mid 70's. Not sure if I'd be into it now.

GiveAFlyingPuck is online now  
Old
08-27-2013, 10:29 PM
  #958
yotesreign
Registered User
 
yotesreign's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Goldwater Blvd
Country: United States
Posts: 1,565
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ck26 View Post
Any roller derby fans here?
Would like to watch more ladies roller derby on tv.

yotesreign is offline  
Old
08-28-2013, 02:54 PM
  #959
MP
Registered User
 
MP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,215
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ck26 View Post
Any roller derby fans here?
A local women's derby team was handing out flyers at a Coyote game a couple years ago. Anybody else remember that? They were wearing their uniforms and everything. I thought it was cool. My ex, for reasons that never were clear to me, felt disgusted and tried to make fun of it, which was every bit as embarrassing as it sounds.

The players' nicknames are a kick. I've never watched, but it seems like a nifty little subculture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yotesreign
Would like to watch more ladies roller derby on tv.
Isn't it a predominantly women's sport to begin with? It seems like every time I stumble on anything to do with roller derby, the players are women.

MP is offline  
Old
08-28-2013, 06:38 PM
  #960
ck26
Alcoholab User
 
ck26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Coyotes Bandwagon
Country: United States
Posts: 10,017
vCash: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZflyingPuck View Post
I used to watch it on TV back in the mid 70's. Not sure if I'd be into it now.
What did you like about it back in the mid 70's? It's not the WWF nonsense you saw back then, it's a straight-up, competitive sport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP View Post
The players' nicknames are a kick.
Kimber Slice? HurriCaylen? Hell No Kitty? Sarahcudda?

The name thing is more than a joke ... my friends who skate will literally refer to their "derby identities" in the third person like it's someone else throwing elbows on the track. It's a weird culture, but it's awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP View Post
Isn't it a predominantly women's sport to begin with? It seems like every time I stumble on anything to do with roller derby, the players are women.
It's like volleyball or tennis; yes, men play it, but who gives a ****?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MP View Post
A local women's derby team was handing out flyers at a Coyote game a couple years ago. Anybody else remember that? They were wearing their uniforms and everything. I thought it was cool. My ex, for reasons that never were clear to me, felt disgusted and tried to make fun of it, which was every bit as embarrassing as it sounds.
I've been to 5 Coyotes games and seen 9 or 10 shirts / hoodies from the Arizona Derby Dames league.

http://www.azderbydames.com

If anyone's interested in checking this out sometime, hit me up ... try it, you'll like it ...

ck26 is offline  
Old
08-28-2013, 08:50 PM
  #961
GiveAFlyingPuck
Good Fan/Bad Fan
 
GiveAFlyingPuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Gila River Arena
Country: United States
Posts: 3,801
vCash: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by ck26 View Post
What did you like about it back in the mid 70's? It's not the WWF nonsense you saw back then, it's a straight-up, competitive sport.
It was the WWF type scripted matches. I probably watched it if there was nothing else on, which happened a lot considering there was only ABC, CBS and NBC as the competition. The local UHF station carried it. I still remember the "star skater", think he was the jammer, Little Richard Brown.

GiveAFlyingPuck is online now  
Old
08-28-2013, 09:02 PM
  #962
Devils Advocate
mmmmmm....Crow.
 
Devils Advocate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 3,784
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZflyingPuck View Post
It was the WWF type scripted matches. I probably watched it if there was nothing else on, which happened a lot considering there was only ABC, CBS and NBC as the competition. The local UHF station carried it. I still remember the "star skater", think he was the jammer, Little Richard Brown.
Ralphie was and always will be the star ;)

Devils Advocate is offline  
Old
08-30-2013, 02:39 PM
  #963
mouser
Global Moderator
Business of Hockey
 
mouser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: South Mountain
Posts: 15,759
vCash: 500
It's official. Cards placed Jonathan Cooper on the season-ending IR list.

mouser is online now  
Old
09-08-2013, 02:42 PM
  #964
gra
Custom User Title
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 28,475
vCash: 466
The Cardinals start Week 1 today vs St. Louis. Looking forward again to see them lose as always.

gra is offline  
Old
09-08-2013, 03:44 PM
  #965
gra
Custom User Title
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 28,475
vCash: 466
Well, at least Palmer can throw the ball.

gra is offline  
Old
09-08-2013, 03:46 PM
  #966
CC96
Serious Offender
 
CC96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Mesa, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 17,195
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
Well, at least Palmer can throw the ball.
Quoted for truth.

CC96 is offline  
Old
09-08-2013, 03:48 PM
  #967
CC96
Serious Offender
 
CC96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Mesa, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 17,195
vCash: 500
I can't believe the Rams just fumbled that. Good hustle by honey badger.

CC96 is offline  
Old
09-08-2013, 03:54 PM
  #968
gra
Custom User Title
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 28,475
vCash: 466
0-0 after the 1st Quarter

gra is offline  
Old
09-08-2013, 04:02 PM
  #969
gra
Custom User Title
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 28,475
vCash: 466
Cards get a touchtown1 It's a miricle!

gra is offline  
Old
09-08-2013, 04:11 PM
  #970
CC96
Serious Offender
 
CC96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Mesa, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 17,195
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
Cards get a touchtown1 It's a miricle!
If the offensive line isn't garbage this year again, the team should at least be semi-competitive.

CC96 is offline  
Old
09-08-2013, 04:14 PM
  #971
gra
Custom User Title
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 28,475
vCash: 466
The key word is "if". I was so looking forward to seeing Cooperas well. Hopefully his injury doesn't take a toll on his career.

gra is offline  
Old
09-08-2013, 05:30 PM
  #972
gra
Custom User Title
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 28,475
vCash: 466
17-13 Cards.

gra is offline  
Old
09-08-2013, 05:42 PM
  #973
gra
Custom User Title
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 28,475
vCash: 466
24-13 Cards with the Fits getting 2 TD's.

gra is offline  
Old
09-08-2013, 06:04 PM
  #974
gra
Custom User Title
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 28,475
vCash: 466
Cardinals can't hold on to the lead for ****. The Oline is still the same and so is Palmer.

gra is offline  
Old
09-08-2013, 07:11 PM
  #975
gra
Custom User Title
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 28,475
vCash: 466
Cards lose 27-24.

gra is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:20 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.