HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

MLB Discussion Thread, Part II: Yanks pay Ellsbury

Closed Thread

Old
08-27-2013, 07:00 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Jeffrey Paternostro ‏@jeffpaternostro
Just recorded with the good @ProfessorParks, who thinks Dilson Herrera is a Top 10 guy in the Mets system.

Jeffrey Paternostro ‏@jeffpaternostro
@gregsasso He said Herrera would be Top 10 in the Pirates system as well, which is much deeper.

Old
08-27-2013, 07:01 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Don't ever say that again when you are sharing a thread with Mets fans.
cano just got hit, looked exactly like Granderson's HBP in spring training! and the same ****ing pitcher too!

Old
08-27-2013, 07:36 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Well, he WASN'T wanted. By anyone. Sandy brought him in as a FAVOR. Why should he be pissed?

Hell of a trade.
Maximize the value of your assets.

I could see Buck possibly coming back.

08-27-2013, 08:16 PM
Lundsanity30

Cano day to day with contusion. YES

Old
08-27-2013, 08:18 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Maximize the value of your assets.

I could see Buck possibly coming back.
I would welcome Buck coming back with open arms. He's the perfect mentor for d'Arnaud.

Old
08-27-2013, 08:37 PM
darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR94 View Post
An article I read from July I think said the prospect Dilson Herrera who's coming to the Mets from Pittsburgh was ranked as the Pirates 20th best prospect.

I thin BA had him 20th and others had him even higher. Good pop for a 2nd baseman and plus speed. Solid pick up.

Old
08-27-2013, 08:43 PM
Lundsanity30

Nunez hurt replacing Cano.. soon the Yankees are going to need permission to field a roster of 53.. Then again, thats not even enough players for the Giants to stay healthy, for sure it wont be for the Yankees.

Old
08-27-2013, 08:46 PM
darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
Soriano with 2 HR and 4 RBI

You can only hope to contain him.

Old
08-27-2013, 08:48 PM
darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather View Post
Good job by the Mets, just giving players to another team.

What a ****ing joke. What a ****ing joke.

Yeah they should just let them walk out as free agents in 2 months time and get nothing in return. What a ****ing joke of a team.

Old
08-27-2013, 09:02 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by darko View Post
You can only hope to contain him.
His defense has also been much better than I thought it would be as well.

Old
08-27-2013, 09:03 PM
Zil

Quote:
Yeah they should just let them walk out as free agents in 2 months time and get nothing in return. What a ****ing joke of a team.
All Sandy has done is turn 1 year of Dickey, 2 months of Beltran, and 5 weeks of Byrd and Buck (plus Nickeas and Thole if you wanna get technical) into:

Zack Wheeler
Travis d'Arnaud
Noah Syndergaard
Dilson Herrera
Wuilmer Becerra (lottery ticket)
and possibly Vic Black

So yeah, I agree. It's a joke. It's a joke on any gm looking to make a deal with Sandy.

Old
08-27-2013, 09:10 PM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Ron W. Davis ‏@rwdavis22461
@ProfessorParks @tobyhyde @JonHeymanCBS thank you the Ptbnl i hope its a pitcher

Jason Parks ‏@ProfessorParks
@rwdavis22461 @tobyhyde @JonHeymanCBS Yes; possibly Vic Black
Thanks for the sources.

Old
08-27-2013, 09:14 PM
NYRangers723

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil View Post
All Sandy has done is turn 1 year of Dickey, 2 months of Beltran, and 5 weeks of Byrd and Buck (plus Nickeas and Thole if you wanna get technical) into:

Zack Wheeler
Travis d'Arnaud
Noah Syndergaard
Dilson Herrera
and possibly Vic Black

So yeah, I agree. It's a joke. It's a joke on any gm looking to make a deal with Sandy.

Even the Pirates GM admitted that they gave up a significant prospect, In his own words he said the player is an "ouch" not "who" for pirate fans

Old
08-27-2013, 09:17 PM
darko

Quote:

Zack Wheeler
Travis d'Arnaud
Noah Syndergaard
Dilson Herrera
and possibly Vic Black

Which would be such an underrated addition. The guy sits in high 90s and is major league ready. Can be wild at times. Could be the closer of the future.

Old
08-27-2013, 09:21 PM
NYRangers723

Quote:
Which would be such an underrated addition. The guy sits in high 90s and is major league ready. Can be wild at times. Could be the closer of the future.
Imagine if Parnell can stay healthy. Parnell/black/leathrstich/walters/edgin/germen. Thats a good young pen. On top of that besides harvey the mets have a ton of young power pitchers. If the mets can add some hitters in free agency then they can still compete next year even without harvey

Old
08-27-2013, 09:24 PM
Lundsanity30

is Harvey for sure having TJS?

Old
08-27-2013, 09:26 PM
NYRangers723

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
is Harvey for sure having TJS?
not sure although it seems likely. As a met fan i am praying there si a way that his soreness goes down and they find out its not as bad as they thought. scott achtinson has a similar injury and he is still pitching although he is a reliever

Old
08-27-2013, 09:44 PM
Zil

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers723 View Post
not sure although it seems likely. As a met fan i am praying there si a way that his soreness goes down and they find out its not as bad as they thought. scott achtinson has a similar injury and he is still pitching although he is a reliever
As long as the tear is there it's a ticking bomb so they mine as well go ahead with the surgery.

Old
08-27-2013, 09:47 PM
darko

Byrd/Buck trades are an example of how you build a good team. They are not in Mets longterm plans so might as well get whatever you can for them. You may not get a major league player but you do add depth to your minors. Look at Astros. Sure the major league product is horrible but over past couple years they've built one of the best farm systems in baseball. Smart trades. They trade Pence for 3 promising prospects (one of them is their 1B of the future and the other guy has #2 upside). Traded Bourn. Traded Carlos Lee for Matt Dominguez. They also drafted well.

Old
08-27-2013, 09:47 PM
darko

Quote:
As long as the tear is there it's a ticking bomb so they mine as well go ahead with the surgery.

I'm no doctor but I tend to agree.

Old
08-27-2013, 10:01 PM
NYRangers723

Quote:
Byrd/Buck trades are an example of how you build a good team. They are not in Mets longterm plans so might as well get whatever you can for them. You may not get a major league player but you do add depth to your minors. Look at Astros. Sure the major league product is horrible but over past couple years they've built one of the best farm systems in baseball. Smart trades. They trade Pence for 3 promising prospects (one of them is their 1B of the future and the other guy has #2 upside). Traded Bourn. Traded Carlos Lee for Matt Dominguez. They also drafted well.
Sandy said that they got a better deal now then they did at the trade deadline. Say what you wnat about alderson but the guy knows how to trade rentals for good prospects. We got wheeler and the giants got beltran for 2 months. Dickey signed but we got far more value than i though we could for him. Today we got this kid herreara who is 19 and has 11 homers in a league that he is young for. Also now the PTBNL might be the best part of the deal

Old
08-27-2013, 10:02 PM
1Knee1T
OHH MAMMA DONT U CRY

Quote:
@MattHarvey33: Thank you everyone for the kind words and support. I may be done this year, but I will be back next year for April 1.

Possibly not but I'd much rather him get the surgery over now and avoid any future problems.

Old
08-27-2013, 10:04 PM
NYRangers723

Quote:
Originally Posted by TullyNYR View Post
@MattHarvey33: Thank you everyone for the kind words and support. I may be done this year, but I will be back next year for April 1.

Possibly not but I'd much rather him get the surgery over now and avoid any future problems.
I dont disagree. He is still very young and we have a ton of young pitching depth to hold the fort until he gets back. Our strength is pitching even without matt. Now is teh time to sign some free agents hopefully

Old
08-27-2013, 10:18 PM
darko

Quote:
Sandy said that they got a better deal now then they did at the trade deadline. Say what you wnat about alderson but the guy knows how to trade rentals for good prospects. We got wheeler and the giants got beltran for 2 months. Dickey signed but we got far more value than i though we could for him. Today we got this kid herreara who is 19 and has 11 homers in a league that he is young for. Also now the PTBNL might be the best part of the deal

Herrera played in the Futures game at Citi Field back in July too.

Old
08-27-2013, 10:20 PM
NYRangers723

Quote:
Herrera played in the Futures game at Citi Field back in July too.
Yup. I understand met fans are not happy about yesterday but alderson has done a good job stockpiling young talent. All we need to do is add some free agents like boston did this past offseason and we can still compete next year even if harvey is out

Closed Thread