HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

***OFFICIAL*** NHL '13 - all EASHL Talk here; Official EASHL edition. EASHL.

Closed Thread

Old
08-23-2013, 08:30 PM
overlords
Hfboards

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
Do you think I would ever forget your double back hand?

DO YOU ????

Hmmm...I'm almost tempted to set up my route, buy Xbox gold and download the demo...

Then again...I'm not going to, because I am a lazy SOB.
Get unlazy, you ****er. We obviously need someone who can bouillon the puck into his own net twice in his first two games with us.

and the joke was the ' what does it mean' part. Frank would get it because he didn't abandon us.

dooms

Old
08-23-2013, 08:36 PM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Get unlazy, you ****er. We obviously need someone who can bouillon the puck into his own net twice in his first two games with us.

and the joke was the ' what does it mean' part. Frank would get it because he didn't abandon us.

dooms
Double rainbow?

Don't do drugs, kids.

And get unlazy? HAH! good one. I'm eating a bacon sammy, sans bread, as we speak.

(Pre-cooked my bacon this morning...like a boss)

Old
08-23-2013, 08:37 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
Double rainbow?

Don't do drugs, kids.

And get unlazy? HAH! good one. I'm eating a bacon sammy, sans bread, as we speak.

(Pre-cooked my bacon this morning...like a boss)
Maybe you're not so bad after all.

Old
08-23-2013, 08:38 PM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

I've had been playing a **** load of minecraft though. Gotta admit, you got me hooked on that for a while.

Old
08-23-2013, 09:10 PM
LyricalLyricist

FWIW, change game style if you don't want to crush people and get into 5 fights lol

Old
08-23-2013, 09:35 PM
pachorella

Quote:
Originally Posted by x6 Pacioretty 7x View Post
The speed is stupid, Im sorry, but if I have Marty St-Louis, guys like Milan Lucic and Andrew Ference should not be able to keep up with me
well i think the speed in nhl 13 was more stupid, where speedsters forward could pass defense easily, almost like the d is invisible.and vice versa speedy defensman could catch up with slow f easily.I think that killed the creativity in building a squad and type of play, where u looked up only for quick players because they had a huge advantage including (they could also hit well (since hitting in nhl 13 was drastically impacted by speed))
Both versions does not reflect reality, but i prefer this one, over the one built on speed.

+ an example in gmco 13, no one wanted muller he had 85 ovr becoz of his speed his trade value was a bag of pucks
i think this will be different in nhl 14

Old
08-23-2013, 09:43 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
FWIW, change game style if you don't want to crush people and get into 5 fights lol
If they don't reduce fight frequency I think I better learn how to turtle. I'm testing out holding pass block after hits.

Old
08-23-2013, 10:01 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by pachorella View Post
well i think the speed in nhl 13 was more stupid, where speedsters forward could pass defense easily, almost like the d is invisible.and vice versa speedy defensman could catch up with slow f easily.I think that killed the creativity in building a squad and type of play, where u looked up only for quick players because they had a huge advantage including (they could also hit well (since hitting in nhl 13 was drastically impacted by speed))
Both versions does not reflect reality, but i prefer this one, over the one built on speed.

+ an example in gmco 13, no one wanted muller he had 85 ovr becoz of his speed his trade value was a bag of pucks
so fast guys getting away from slower guys and then fast D catching slowe F is not realistic?

I dont understand, im actually very confused

Your mad because a FASTER DMAN catches a SLOWER FORWARD in 13..makes no sense to me what so ever

the way you are talking its like for you its realistic for a Prius to race a Ferrari

Old
08-23-2013, 10:09 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
If they don't reduce fight frequency I think I better learn how to turtle. I'm testing out holding pass block after hits.
I don't mean how you play. lol I mean there's different game style option. hardcore simulation is more realistic and people don't get crushed and less fights happen.

Old
08-23-2013, 10:41 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
I don't mean how you play. lol I mean there's different game style option. hardcore simulation is more realistic and people don't get crushed and less fights happen.
Yep. And they've already said that online play will be using hardcore simulation settings.

Old
08-23-2013, 10:56 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

They will probably reel back the fighting or tack on the occasional instigator penalty. Don't like the throttling of speed. St Louis and Hall for example were unbelievably slow in acc and speed. Otherwise it's still NHL13. I think I'll like the additions to Be A Pro (and hopefully GM too).

Old
08-23-2013, 11:14 PM
Crimson Skorpion

Awards:
I like the fighting engine, I just don't like fighting after taking a shot after the whistle. Give me a few shoves. I love the fights after a late hit though. Pretty realistic.

As for the game itself... GG EA. Can someone take the franchise off their hands?

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Old
08-24-2013, 12:23 AM
pachorella

Quote:
so fast guys getting away from slower guys and then fast D catching slowe F is not realistic?

I dont understand, im actually very confused

Your mad because a FASTER DMAN catches a SLOWER FORWARD in 13..makes no sense to me what so ever

the way you are talking its like for you its realistic for a Prius to race a Ferrari
you did not get my point but anyways i hated the speed difference in nhl 13 btw players and am glad they corrected it in nhl 14, though it could been better, but i still prefer it like this over 13.

Old
08-24-2013, 03:27 AM
Galchenyuk x 27

Quote:
you did not get my point but anyways i hated the speed difference in nhl 13 btw players and am glad they corrected it in nhl 14, though it could been better, but i still prefer it like this over 13.
I did
you dont like Faster players being able to out skate slower players (which is how its supposed to be) which is not the case in 14

Prius > Ferrari

Old
08-24-2013, 05:39 AM
Avim86

Quote:
I did
you dont like Faster players being able to out skate slower players (which is how its supposed to be) which is not the case in 14

Prius > Ferrari
Agreed from the demo it's really weird , Patrick Kane should make Chara look like Hall Gill/Bertuzzi.

Old
08-24-2013, 10:45 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Well I preordered. Apparently I got an EA SPORTS Ultimate Pass and 2012 NHL® Winter Classic Hockey Ultimate Team Pack.

Is this good? Should I be excited? Ultimate Pass sounds legit.

Old
08-24-2013, 11:27 PM
Bud2790

Quote:

I played something like 1000 club games as a D and never had any problem with forwards blowing by me.

Old
08-25-2013, 04:59 PM
pachorella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud2790 View Post
I played something like 1000 club games as a D and never had any problem with forwards blowing by me.
am not talking about club games
NHL 14 Producer david littman: .increasing the mobility and focus of defenders when dealing with the speedy forwards who benefited from last year's skating engine overhaul.

Old
08-25-2013, 05:44 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
am not talking about club games
NHL 14 Producer david littman: .increasing the mobility and focus of defenders when dealing with the speedy forwards who benefited from last year's skating engine overhaul.
The problem was that you couldn't pivot for **** in nhl 13. There really wasn't any problem with the speed. They said it multiple times in their promos for nhl 13 that the entire point was to make it so that defensemen could be caught flat footed if they weren't paying attention.

It's always one step forward and two steps back with these idiots.

Old
08-27-2013, 08:51 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

There's at least 50 88+ overalls in NHL 14. Pacioretty is 88: http://www.flickr.com/photos/98347851@N05/9572173796/

Old
08-27-2013, 09:23 AM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
There's at least 50 88+ overalls in NHL 14. Pacioretty is 88: http://www.flickr.com/photos/98347851@N05/9572173796/
The magic number. I don't think it's final though.

Old
08-27-2013, 10:03 AM
Bud2790

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
The problem was that you couldn't pivot for **** in nhl 13. There really wasn't any problem with the speed. They said it multiple times in their promos for nhl 13 that the entire point was to make it so that defensemen could be caught flat footed if they weren't paying attention.

It's always one step forward and two steps back with these idiots.
You have to turn auto backskate off. That way you decide when you pivot by holding the RT. Or let go of the RT id someone is about to blow by you.

Old
08-28-2013, 10:20 AM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Not sure i'm gonna buy the game this year. There are too many good games coming out like Batman Origins, COD Ghost, GTA V, WatchDogs, Assassins Creed, Battlefield 4, etc. So, i don't want to be dissapointed again by EA.

Old
08-28-2013, 12:03 PM
The Nightman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
Not sure i'm gonna buy the game this year. There are too many good games coming out like Batman Origins, COD Ghost, GTA V, WatchDogs, Assassins Creed, Battlefield 4, etc. So, i don't want to be dissapointed again by EA.
Cod is more of a joke than NHL.

Old
08-28-2013, 02:28 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABbiest View Post
Cod is more of a joke than NHL.
But fish physics.

Closed Thread