HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Off-Season Thread Part VI - Are we there yet? (Grabovski to Caps, 1 yr)

Closed Thread

Old
08-28-2013, 03:16 PM
OverTheCap

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
I hope Vigneault's priorities are:

1. Developing Chris Kreider
2. Winning hockey games
Totally agree.

Also, AV should strip Richards of the "A" and give it to Kreider. That is exactly the type of coddling he needs to become an elite player.

Old
08-28-2013, 03:20 PM
Aufheben
Global Moderator
🍣🍣🍣🍣🍣

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
3. Winning hockey games in an exciting fashion
4. Fielding a team thats last in the league in blocked shots
5. Dazzling creativity.
6. Top 3 PP.

Old
08-28-2013, 03:24 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
http://ctvmedia.ca/Network/TSN/Press...for-Sochi-2014

Marc Staal and Rick Nash are on TSN's projected Team Canada Olympic Roster.
If he makes the team, Staal is going to be the defenseman starting out with sheltered minutes and playing on the top pair by the end.

Nobody on that team can defend like he does when healthy.

Old
08-28-2013, 03:24 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Why are younger players that progressed nicely and/or took the next steps under Tortorella virtually ignored when discussing how that demon coach tried to ruin Chris Kreider? Stepan and McDonagh can be placed at the top of that list.

Im wondering how Tortorella let those 2 guys slip through his evil grasp and allowed them to become 2 of the Rangers' best players -- maybe hes been spending too much time shattering Chris Kreider's hopes and dreams to notice.

Or maybe, just maybe, the problems last year had to do with Chris Kreider himself.

Old
08-28-2013, 03:36 PM
Aufheben
Global Moderator
🍣🍣🍣🍣🍣

vCash: 69
Quote:
Why are younger players that progressed nicely and/or took the next steps under Tortorella virtually ignored when discussing how that demon coach tried to ruin Chris Kreider? Stepan and McDonagh can be placed at the top of that list.

Im wondering how Tortorella let those 2 guys slip through his evil grasp and allowed them to become 2 of the Rangers' best players -- maybe hes been spending too much time shattering Chris Kreider's hopes and dreams to notice.

Or maybe, just maybe, the problems last year had to do with Chris Kreider himself.
Because we have a gap in the Top 6 LW, and it was assumed after his first playoff performance that Kreider would fill that spot this season. There's a lot of hopes placed in the kid, and blaming Torts for his shortcomings is more comforting.

Also think we're spoiled in recent history with how well our prospects have transitioned to the NHL.

But for the people completely blaming Torts, wouldn't it make sense to wait and see how he does under AV first?

Old
08-28-2013, 03:38 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
Totally agree.

Also, AV should strip Richards of the "A" and give it to Kreider. That is exactly the type of coddling he needs to become an elite player.
Kreaider?

Old
08-28-2013, 03:40 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Kreaider?
Richrds?

Old
08-28-2013, 03:43 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
Totally agree.

On a side note, Richards should be stripped of his "A" regardless.

Staal and Girardi should be wearing them full time.

Old
08-28-2013, 03:47 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:

I asked the same exact question when using Hagelin as an example. The response I got was, Hagelin wasn't a threat to Torts, but CK was. And Torts wouldn't allow CK the opportunity because he wouldn't buy into his system. Yea. Seriously. That was the rebuttal.

Torts purposely cockblocked Kreider because he was afraid.

Old
08-28-2013, 03:56 PM
3rdlineglory
Korsi Kevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
On a side note, Richards should be stripped of his "A" regardless.

Staal and Girardi should be wearing them full time.
Whenever Girardi had the A on his jersey, it just looked so...right.

Old
08-28-2013, 03:58 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by haveandare View Post
Horrible offense and constant defensive breakdowns under Torts. How did they win all those games?
Hank saved a lot of break always IIRC...

Old
08-28-2013, 04:01 PM
Lerb

Someone should post the 4-3 Toronto game and freak out.

Old
08-28-2013, 04:02 PM
Ola

Quote:
Kreaider?
On a serious note, hypothetically, what would it do to Kreider's career if he changed his name to Chris de la Kreider?

Would definitely create some buzz.

Old
08-28-2013, 04:18 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
On a serious note, hypothetically, what would it do to Kreider's career if he changed his name to Chris de la Kreider?

Would definitely create some buzz.
I'm not going to address this question on a serious note.

Old
08-28-2013, 04:33 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by darko View Post
I cant wait to see Sedins blocking shots.
I suspect he'll be a bit of a different coach in Vancouver...

Old
08-28-2013, 04:48 PM
Raspewtin
Adderall Admiral

vCash: 137
Quote:

I think the complaints are that Torts doesn't like elite offensive prospects. I don't like how Torts handled him, but Torts didn't mind-control him into playing like ****. Stepan and McD are definitely Torts' kind of players, as are most of the prospects developed on his watch. I'd also think that Kreider is supposed to be the second coming of jesus christ to some fans.

Old
08-28-2013, 05:15 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdlineglory View Post
Whenever Girardi had the A on his jersey, it just looked so...right.
Patrick Kaleta would look better with the A then that P.O.S Richards.

Old
08-28-2013, 05:35 PM
Bardof425*

Quote:
Im interested in Kreider consistently showing aggression with the minutes he does get. A thoroughbred runs in any situation -- Kreider looked more like one of those carriage horses you see in Central Park all season. Theres zero excuse for not bringing it every night, no matter where you are in the lineup.
I'm not suggesting that Kreider doesn't deserve blame for his at times poor play. What i am saying is that the coach made a mess of the situation and didn't help the player or the team.

Old
08-28-2013, 05:41 PM
Bardof425*

Quote:
I hope Vigneault's priorities are:

1. Developing Chris Kreider
2. Winning hockey games
If you develop your first round picks, you have a better chance of winning hockey games, no?

Old
08-28-2013, 05:44 PM
JohnC
Dubnyk=Lundqvist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
If you develop your first round picks, you have a better chance of winning hockey games, no?
Brian Boyle says yes

Old
08-28-2013, 05:49 PM
Bardof425*

Quote:

Or maybe the two Badgers are different kinds of players?? And maybe coach stubborn clown should have adjusted his coaching of CK to harness his talents instead of forcing a square peg into a round hole? I have a feeling Step and McD were/are a coaches dream and would have flourished under any coach. Let's find a borderline prospect who really benefitted from Torts' coaching genius. Boyle? Parenteau? Zucc? Weise? Actually i'm not sure when Parenteau left. I guess Hagelin would be the positive example.

Old
08-28-2013, 06:07 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
Or maybe the two Badgers are different kinds of players?? And maybe coach stubborn clown should have adjusted his coaching of CK to harness his talents instead of forcing a square peg into a round hole? I have a feeling Step and McD were/are a coaches dream and would have flourished under any coach. Let's find a borderline prospect who really benefitted from Torts' coaching genius. Boyle? Parenteau? Zucc? Weise? Actually i'm not sure when Parenteau left. I guess Hagelin would be the positive example.
This is a perfect example of Tortorella hate run wild. Take a step back for a second and look at this warped suggestion you are presenting. Essentially, you think Kreider should have been rewarded for looking totally unprepared for NHL hockey.

Give me a hard ass coach that preaches accountability over the pushover that would let that sort of crap happen any day.

Old
08-28-2013, 06:15 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
You must have missed the memo.

Chris Kreider has blazing speed, an electrifying shot, and if Torts let him learn how to play hockey at the expense of <insert numerous variables here> then CK would be a bona fide 1st liner LW with 40G potential who's more valuable than the entire team combined.
If you believe all that mumbo jumbo you wrote about Kreider, than you're just kidding yourself. I would be ecstatic if Kreider works his way into a top 6 player and somehow produces 15-18 goals.
If that happens, I'll be clicking my heels together and doing cartwheels across the aisles upstairs behind the "blue seats!"

Old
08-28-2013, 06:19 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
This is a perfect example of Tortorella hate run wild. Take a step back for a second and look at this warped suggestion you are presenting. Essentially, you think Kreider should have been rewarded for looking totally unprepared for NHL hockey.

Give me a hard ass coach that preaches accountability over the pushover that would let that sort of crap happen any day.
Amen! I can always count on you as "the voice of reason" around here.

Old
08-28-2013, 06:40 PM
Grumpy Humphrey

Oh...well that's not surprising.

Closed Thread