HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

same old laughingstock!!

Old
11-12-2006, 08:56 AM
Lauser3*

vCash: 500
same old laughingstock!!

Nothing has changed over the years. We have no scoring and no heart. When the management keeps preaching "team toughness" they are just saying that they are too cheap to get a real enforcer. Weiss gets clobbered and Campbell has to stick up for him. DISGRACEFUL!! At least Gratton or Allen should have done something, and they aren't even legitimate heavyweights, but they did nothing. No guts on this team, and this has been the theme since Hordy was given away for nothing. I expected soething in the third period but all I got was listening to a real former hockey player, Potvin, share his frustration. You know his old Isles would have buried Elias, Brodeur and Gionta for what they did to Weiss. That is how you get respect, not by yapping to the refs like little girls, or waiting for a makeup call. We always have a lot of talent that doesn't produce, but then they flourish when they go somewhere else. Horton is coasting, Olesz is invisible. Aren't they still on two way contracts? At least Olesz is. Send him down for a while, DO SOMETHING Jacques. Bertuzzi was huge mistake from the get go, so it is fitting that he will miss most of the year, and come back just in time to play well to get a big contract from someone else. But we did pay for his surgery and his salary during recovery. Veteran leadership means nothing when it doesn't translate to the ice.

Last edited by Lauser3*: 11-12-2006 at 09:08 AM.
Lauser3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2006, 11:01 AM
george63

J.M. playes only 8-9 players . Jokinen playes good only home, Gelinas (37) only stupid penalties, Allen ? Olesz potencial is as Michalek, but Michalek playes PP and he is
ofensive now. Horton played horible, but J.M. get oppurtuniti for Horton and he played in first line and PP, he playes SH . Olesz didnt get chance and he have to playe only defensive.

Last edited by Happy Girl: 11-12-2006 at 01:00 PM. Reason: Quoted deleted post
george63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2006, 11:24 AM
HockeySS19

Horton doesn't ever bust his butt to get the puck. If he misses the puck (and it happens often), he just doesn't care and he watches it go by. I swear, last night he looked like a kid on my hockey team who can barely skate. The puck goes on his stick and it's like he doesn't even know it's there, it's off his stick instantly.

What this team doesn't have is speed and skill, from what I can tell. They may have skill on paper but they sure as heck don't have it on the ice. They're a bunch of slow "things" just moving around out there.

HockeySS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2006, 11:49 AM
Ghoste
Vigo the Carpathian

I'm going to throw my pennies. As far as Gelinas, his two recently, costly penalties were BS calls. He was just finishing his check on the first and he 'checked' Colton Orr (and Orr equally checked him) on the second. They just gave him the penalty because he got the best of it and Orr went hard into the boards.

As for Olesz, to me he doesn't look like a true scoring threat. By that I mean I don't see him scoring 30 goals a season.

Part of Horton's problem is he just isn't quicker with his plays. His collecting of the puck, toe drags, etc. is a second slower than it should. In no way am I down on Horton like a few on here are. Maybe he doesn't hustle like he should but a lot of the clubhouse can be called out on that. Even still, he's tied for 3rd on the team in points and tied for 2nd in goals.

-ghoste

Ghoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2006, 11:58 AM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Is everyone complaining about the Weiss play where he got tangled up? Maybe I was watching another game, but that didn't seem like a dirty play to me. I didn't see the whole game, so maybe I missed something?

Rattrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2006, 12:08 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
No Rat, Weiss took a slapper near the right faceoff circle, and was leveled with the NJ players, Rupp I believe, hands thrown into Weiss' head. Cambell defended Weiss on that after. Earlier, Jansen, who is a piece of *****, clearly left his feet early to hit Kolnik with a questionable elbow to the face, and nothing was done. Montador defended Koko then.

I saw our "big boys" throw there body later on in the game, but it bothers me as well that they never stood up for what went on. The only thing I saw was Gratton and Gionta go at it, and Grats is like 10 feet taller than him. Pathetic.

This team is a Keenan team, and it needs to be changed. To much grit, not enough finese and skill. The NNHL is more suited for the finese players of the game, and even though we have skilled power forward-type players, we need the Havlats, Kovalchuks of the world on this team.

And speaking on Horton, I dont know what his deal is but he need start creating for his team, meaning throwing that big body around. He is built like a Bertuzzi, but plays like a Bure. Unreal.

pb1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2006, 02:04 AM
Clash*

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
This team is a Keenan team, and it needs to be changed.
Actually, it is Martin's team. Keenan lost most of the player personnel decision power after signing Nieuwy and Roberts. But that excuse was built into this season when they fired Keenan. Hell, even the papers have reported what I've said, after I said it.

Clash* is offline   Reply With Quote