HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Which Habs Prospect are ready for the big league!?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-28-2013, 07:21 PM
  #1
Felix Perreault
Registered User
 
Felix Perreault's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Mt-Tremblant, Canada
Posts: 622
vCash: 500
Which Habs Prospect are ready for the big league!?

I think it would be nice to have some opinion on the prospect we have in term of when will they be nhl ready (Poor english, sorry)

My opinion,

Forward:

Collberg: 2014-2015
De La Rose: 2015-2016
McCarron: 2015-2016
Hudon: 2015-2016
Bozon: 2015-2016
Lehkonen: 2016-2017
Andrighetto: 2016-2017
Bournival: 2013-2014
Holland: 2015-2016
Reway: 2017-2018

Defense:

Jared Tinordi: 2013-2014
Nathan Beaulieu: 2014-2015
Morgan Ellis: 2016-2017
Magnus Nygren: 2014-2015
Darren Dietz: 2015-2016
Mac Bennett: 2015-2016
Dalton Thrower: 2016-2017

Goalie:

Zach Fucale 2017-2018


What's your opinion ??

I did this very fast and it's hard so i'm open to listening your tought !

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@depisteur_lnh


Last edited by Felix Perreault: 08-28-2013 at 07:27 PM.
Felix Perreault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2013, 12:23 AM
  #2
NewHabsEra*
 
NewHabsEra*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 10,695
vCash: 500
No one own a crystal ball.. Galchenyuk made the NHL at 18 years old after suffering a terrible injury.. Very wise were the ones who predicted Gallagher would develop so quickly and would do so well with the Habs so soon.. I think its too soon for our recently drafted prospects to make a projection, they will have to prove themself in the upcoming season just like guys like Bozon Hudon Dietz Nygren did after their draft year.. Outside of Galchenyuk, every prospects will eventually have to prove themself at the AHL level, what is the ultimate test before joining the Habs... Considering we have 8 defensemen under contract, the deduction is easy to do, both Tinordi and Beaulieu will spend another year with Hamilton, they will be lucky if they play a couple of games with the habs this year... Up front well, There was a report on TVA sport no long ago on Bournival saying the Habs asked him to get stronger, change his skating strides and get more explosive, well the guy apparently worked extremmely hard in the off season to the point where he believes in his chances to make the club this year.. He looked pretty good in the videos they showed.. So if White cant handle the fourth line center spot, I think Bournival could be a real possibility.. Hopefully Leblanc is in the same mood and plan to come at camp with hunger attitude.. But again, the roster is basically set and both Bournival and Leblanc still need to prove alot at the AHL level...


Last edited by NewHabsEra*: 08-29-2013 at 04:32 PM.
NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2013, 01:11 AM
  #3
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred
 
habs03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 4,682
vCash: 500
Like NewHabsEra said, you really never know, I thought Gallagher would need all of last year and all of this year in the AHL to be ready, but look at what he did last year.

IMO the easy ones is Tinordi being ready to start the year in Mtl, and Beaulieu being ready by mid to late season, I think Beaulieu like Tinordi did this year ends the year in Mtl somehow.

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2013, 02:12 AM
  #4
dackelljuneaubulis02
Registered User
 
dackelljuneaubulis02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,193
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix Perreault View Post
I think it would be nice to have some opinion on the prospect we have in term of when will they be nhl ready (Poor english, sorry)

My opinion,

Forward:

Collberg: 2014-2015
De La Rose: 2015-2016
McCarron: 2015-2016
Hudon: 2015-2016
Bozon: 2015-2016
Lehkonen: 2016-2017
Andrighetto: 2016-2017
Bournival: 2013-2014
Holland: 2015-2016
Reway: 2017-2018

Defense:

Jared Tinordi: 2013-2014
Nathan Beaulieu: 2014-2015
Morgan Ellis: 2016-2017
Magnus Nygren: 2014-2015
Darren Dietz: 2015-2016
Mac Bennett: 2015-2016
Dalton Thrower: 2016-2017

Goalie:

Zach Fucale 2017-2018


What's your opinion ??

I did this very fast and it's hard so i'm open to listening your tought !

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@depisteur_lnh
I think you pretty much answered your own question. Your timelines seem right. If we already didn't have the smallest top 9 in history then Thomas would have a real shot this year.

The Dogs may or may not be good this year but damn it's going to be fun keeping track of all the players' progress'. Even more fun in '14-15. and the year after and the year after...

dackelljuneaubulis02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2013, 03:15 AM
  #5
25get
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,784
vCash: 50
2013-14 has Collberg, Leblanc, Thomas and Tinordi in line.
2014-15 has Lekhonen, Nygren, Beaulieu and Hudon would could make our line-up.
(Bournival, Dietz, Holland and Thomas could all surprise).
2015-16: McCarron, DeLarose, Bennet, Andrighetto, Ellis, Didier, Crisp and Reway.

Short term: Tinordi, Beaulieu and Collberg are the players who can play NHL right now.
Thomas is a wild card: he could follow a Conacher path.

25get is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2013, 03:20 AM
  #6
JonathanToews19clutc*
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 532
vCash: 500
Sebastian Collberg is the most talented and ready (Tinordi too) prospect for the Habs

Lehkonen and Andrighetto too are talented but not ready like Collberg.


Tinordi = AHL this season, (maybe play game in the NHL too).
Beaulieu = AHL.

Both are ready for 2014-2015.


Last edited by JonathanToews19clutc*: 08-29-2013 at 03:28 AM.
JonathanToews19clutc* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2013, 07:58 AM
  #7
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey
 
Pierre Dagenais's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,478
vCash: 500
Collberg is not NHL ready.

Pierre Dagenais is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2013, 08:21 AM
  #8
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Montréal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 6,657
vCash: 500
Too optimistic to my taste. Most of the forwards you list I don't even see in the NHL without some serious fighting for a spot. Bournival in 2013-2014 for example is very optimistic given the amount of centres that are currently in front of him in the depth chart.

I don't even see Holland, Reway & Andrighetto making it within the habs organization. The forward that has the most chances of getting a spot early is McCarron because of a very pressing need on the right wing. Bozon & Hudon are going to suffer from the fact that we have an abundance of left shooting forwards. And please, Lehkonen is very very far from the NHL at this moment if he's ever going to make it. He needs some serious bulking up. Finally, Collberg isn't NHL ready. Not after 2 games played on north American ice on a try out. 2014-2015 is a year or 2 too early.

The picture is much brighter for our defensive prospects with Tinordi & Beaulieu knocking on the door this year and Ellis hopefully in the next 2 seasons. Being right handed should help him.

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2013, 10:16 AM
  #9
FrontierPsyCHiatrist*
Master Pleks
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,735
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Dagenais View Post
Collberg is not NHL ready.
Bergevin said Collberg was most NHL ready than we might thought.

FrontierPsyCHiatrist* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2013, 10:24 AM
  #10
Habsoil
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Fort mac
Country: Canada
Posts: 391
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix Perreault View Post
I think it would be nice to have some opinion on the prospect we have in term of when will they be nhl ready (Poor english, sorry)

My opinion,

Forward:

Collberg: 2014-2015
De La Rose: 2015-2016
McCarron: 2015-2016
Hudon: 2015-2016
Bozon: 2015-2016
Lehkonen: 2016-2017
Andrighetto: 2016-2017
Bournival: 2013-2014
Holland: 2015-2016
Reway: 2017-2018

Defense:

Jared Tinordi: 2013-2014
Nathan Beaulieu: 2014-2015
Morgan Ellis: 2016-2017
Magnus Nygren: 2014-2015
Darren Dietz: 2015-2016
Mac Bennett: 2015-2016
Dalton Thrower: 2016-2017

Goalie:

Zach Fucale 2017-2018


What's your opinion ??

I did this very fast and it's hard so i'm open to listening your tought !

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@depisteur_lnh
Tinordi, beaulieu, colberg, mccarron, De La Rose.
First 5 that become permanent fixtures in Mtl.
Your gonna love DLR

Habsoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2013, 10:25 AM
  #11
LePoche69
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 2,610
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxHabs24 View Post
Bergevin said Collberg was most NHL ready than we might thought.
Lapointe, Bergevin and Timmins all said, at some point, that Collberg is close of being NHL ready. That doesn't mean he's ready. And who says he'll be able to make the adjustments to be "full ready"? We never know (that said, I do think he'll make the adjustments).

LePoche69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2013, 10:26 AM
  #12
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxHabs24 View Post
Bergevin said Collberg was most NHL ready than we might thought.
I actually heard this a few times in the last several days. Where did he say it? Was it in an article? I must have missed it. Big Collberg fan.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2013, 10:28 AM
  #13
LePoche69
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 2,610
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
Too optimistic to my taste. Most of the forwards you list I don't even see in the NHL without some serious fighting for a spot. Bournival in 2013-2014 for example is very optimistic given the amount of centres that are currently in front of him in the depth chart.

I don't even see Holland, Reway & Andrighetto making it within the habs organization. The forward that has the most chances of getting a spot early is McCarron because of a very pressing need on the right wing. Bozon & Hudon are going to suffer from the fact that we have an abundance of left shooting forwards. And please, Lehkonen is very very far from the NHL at this moment if he's ever going to make it. He needs some serious bulking up. Finally, Collberg isn't NHL ready. Not after 2 games played on north American ice on a try out. 2014-2015 is a year or 2 too early.

The picture is much brighter for our defensive prospects with Tinordi & Beaulieu knocking on the door this year and Ellis hopefully in the next 2 seasons. Being right handed should help him.
That seems pretty reasonnable to me. And Dumont is way more ready than every name listed in this thread until now.

LePoche69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2013, 10:43 AM
  #14
Habsterix*
@Habsterix
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,475
vCash: 500
I would say that Jarred Tinordi is definitely NHL ready, in a somewhat restricted role, kind of like what they did with Galchenyuk last year.

Close second/third would be Nathan Beaulieu and Gabriel Dumont.

Of course, you can have surprises at camp but they're usually few and far between. Based on his age and production, Christian Thomas might be one of them but I have never heard much about him, let alone watched him play. And while I know many have started to write-off Louis Leblanc, he's also a candidate in spite of his tough season last year.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2013, 10:46 AM
  #15
zzoo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Country: Vietnam
Posts: 2,161
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxHabs24 View Post
Bergevin said Collberg was most NHL ready than we might thought.
Agreed.
Last year, after following Dogs in the first few months, I thought Gallagher and Tinordi weren't ready for NHL.

Collberg may not excel in NHL right now, but maybe he could play just fine.

zzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2013, 11:10 AM
  #16
kingdok
Registered User
 
kingdok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 3,494
vCash: 500
Dumont, Tinordi and Bournival are the closest. Then Leblanc and Beaulieu. Leblanc could surprise if he has a good start in Hamilton.

kingdok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2013, 12:46 PM
  #17
FrontierPsyCHiatrist*
Master Pleks
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,735
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
I actually heard this a few times in the last several days. Where did he say it? Was it in an article? I must have missed it. Big Collberg fan.
I think he said that during an event that I can't remember what it was for, during the summer.
But I read it in a thread on this website, so don't mark my words about what he said is 100% true.

FrontierPsyCHiatrist* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2013, 12:54 PM
  #18
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles
 
Beaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: In The Lab.
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,404
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
I actually heard this a few times in the last several days. Where did he say it? Was it in an article? I must have missed it. Big Collberg fan.
A poster heard it through a friend, who was at a supper, who spoke with Bergevin and asked who his favourite prospect was. Bergevin said Collberg was closer to NHL-ready than we thought, and to keep an eye on him. That's what I remember reading. So yeah... obviously it must be legit.

Beaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2013, 07:53 PM
  #19
Tyson
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 3,489
vCash: 500
Beaulieu and Tinordi are the most ready. Collberg may surprise next season.
De La Rose is going to be a great player in 2 years. He will be bigger and ready.

I read a lot of people on these boards who are critical of Nathan B. The kid is IMO the most talented prospect in the organization.

Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2013, 08:58 PM
  #20
S Bah
Registered User
 
S Bah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: victoria bc
Country: Wales
Posts: 4,906
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
I would say that Jarred Tinordi is definitely NHL ready, in a somewhat restricted role, kind of like what they did with Galchenyuk last year.

Close second/third would be Nathan Beaulieu and Gabriel Dumont.

Of course, you can have surprises at camp but they're usually few and far between. Based on his age and production, Christian Thomas might be one of them but I have never heard much about him, let alone watched him play. And while I know many have started to write-off Louis Leblanc, he's also a candidate in spite of his tough season last year.
These are the "Elite Prospects" that are expected to succeed, add Bournival to them he's the one we got back from Que... er Colorado.

S Bah is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2013, 09:31 PM
  #21
jwolf
Registered User
 
jwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 577
vCash: 500
So much can happen at training camp. Hell, McCarron might show up possessed and win himself a spot. I'm not saying it's likely, but with his body type and the role he plays, it's not outside the realm of possibility.

Barring that, I'm looking at Tinordi and Beaulieu to be regulars by the end of the season and Dumont, Andrighetto and Thomas making a push.

jwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2013, 09:33 PM
  #22
Player 61
#Winning
 
Player 61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: West Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,162
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Player 61
None!!!! Tinordi is the closest. Rest need to grow through the system. Beaulieu maybe later in year.....

Edit: Forgot Dumont, IMO he is actually there now, but as a spare is a waste, 1st call-up for bottom forward injury!

Player 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2013, 09:42 PM
  #23
25get
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,784
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
A poster heard it through a friend, who was at a supper, who spoke with Bergevin and asked who his favourite prospect was. Bergevin said Collberg was closer to NHL-ready than we thought, and to keep an eye on him. That's what I remember reading. So yeah... obviously it must be legit.
Nope. I heard it on either RDS or 98.5.
I think it was on draft day.

25get is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2013, 09:45 PM
  #24
25get
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,784
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Player 61 View Post
None!!!! Tinordi is the closest. Rest need to grow through the system. Beaulieu maybe later in year.....

Edit: Forgot Dumont, IMO he is actually there now, but as a spare is a waste, 1st call-up for bottom forward injury!
As both already played in NHL I think they were not part of the picture.

Lapointe also said that Collberg was very near NHL in an article on La Presse (Brunet I think).

25get is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2013, 10:00 PM
  #25
Kobe Armstrong
Registered User
 
Kobe Armstrong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 3,524
vCash: 713
my bold prediction is nygren plays in the NHL this year

Kobe Armstrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:41 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.