HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Duchene + Mackinnon

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-06-2013, 03:59 PM
  #1
m0ngr31
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Earth.
Posts: 881
vCash: 50
Duchene + Mackinnon

Here's an article Dater just posted on twitter about Duchene mentoring Mackinnon. Pretty good read. This is what I found to be the most interesting...

Duchene on 3rd season:
Quote:
It was very tough and there were lot of things behind the scenes that no one knows about, only the people closest to me know what I went through.

I dont think it will ever get to that point with Nathan but I want to be able to help him because Ive been through everything a player can go through in four years, and I know how it feels.
http://metronews.ca/news/halifax/754...ado-avalanche/

m0ngr31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2013, 04:13 PM
  #2
The Kingslayer
Registered User
 
The Kingslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Siem Reap, Cambodia
Country: Cambodia
Posts: 33,784
vCash: 576
Hmm I wonder what Matt went through. Maybe getting sexy pics from Papa O'Reilly?

The Kingslayer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2013, 04:20 PM
  #3
ChibiPooky
Yay hockey!
 
ChibiPooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Fairfax, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 11,584
vCash: 500
Isn't this being discussed in another thread? Maybe we could pull the posts over here, or pull this over there, or something.

ChibiPooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2013, 05:40 PM
  #4
El_Loco_Avs
Registered User
 
El_Loco_Avs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: The Netherlands
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 8,229
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPooky View Post
Isn't this being discussed in another thread? Maybe we could pull the posts over here, or pull this over there, or something.
can't find the other thread?

El_Loco_Avs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2013, 05:45 PM
  #5
Lonewolfe2015
Registered User
 
Lonewolfe2015's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 14,595
vCash: 413
I asked this in the Elimination thread since I didn't know about it either.

Pretty cool that Duchy is taking the leading role here with Mack. It really shows a lot about how far his maturity and character has come since he came to Colorado. I know personally that over the same four year span (started college when Duchy got to the Avs) I can notice the same differences in my own personality, must be even harder for a star professional athlete.

Lonewolfe2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2013, 06:04 PM
  #6
tigervixxxen
Moderator
Optimism=Delusional
 
tigervixxxen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Denver
Country: United States
Posts: 43,010
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Loco_Avs View Post
can't find the other thread?
Some discussion in the MacKinnon thread.

It was a great article and a lot to ponder on. I love hearing about Duchene and MacK working together, especially as cornerstones of the franchise. I wonder if Duchene's "issues" we're management related. He discussed the same things in a radio interview alongside the topic of management.

tigervixxxen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2013, 06:08 PM
  #7
tigervixxxen
Moderator
Optimism=Delusional
 
tigervixxxen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Denver
Country: United States
Posts: 43,010
vCash: 50
i was going to post this in the Duchene thread but it is relevant here

Video of Duchene and Crosby practice/scrimmage in Halifax

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thE5z0FDDq0

I can't begin to describe how much I appreciate the Halifax media for all this content.

tigervixxxen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2013, 06:24 PM
  #8
bohlmeister
#Sadalanche
 
bohlmeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,990
vCash: 500
I believe the dark things Duchene was going through was the loss of a family member, as well as the injuries and never feeling comfortable on the ice that season. I think he has said that before.

Also, how lucky are we to have Duchene and Landy on this team. Our leadership should be strong for the next decade.

bohlmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2013, 08:48 PM
  #9
zxcvnm
Registered User
 
zxcvnm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Remember SammyJankis
Country: United States
Posts: 584
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigervixxen View Post
i was going to post this in the Duchene thread but it is relevant here

Video of Duchene and Crosby practice/scrimmage in Halifax

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thE5z0FDDq0

I can't begin to describe how much I appreciate the Halifax media for all this content.
I know a lot of other franchises hate on Crosby (e.g. Detroit and Philly), but if Duchene ever takes the step to true stardom, I can't help but think that Crosby will have played a huge role in that.

zxcvnm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2013, 10:40 PM
  #10
Mystic MacK
Foppa2118
 
Mystic MacK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 27,305
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigervixxen View Post
i was going to post this in the Duchene thread but it is relevant here

Video of Duchene and Crosby practice/scrimmage in Halifax

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thE5z0FDDq0

I can't begin to describe how much I appreciate the Halifax media for all this content.
Wow, awesome seeing Duchene and Crosby on line rushes, and seeing Dutchy burry his shots. Also, the speed at which he toed that pass behind him to his skates and then kicked it up to his blade was insane.

It would be huge for the team if Duchene can just keep his same level of play and consistency from last year, but if he can actually take it a step further he could vault himself into top 5 in the league category.

Mystic MacK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2013, 10:59 PM
  #11
chet1926
Registered User
 
chet1926's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Denver
Country: United States
Posts: 6,448
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zxcvnm View Post
I know a lot of other franchises hate on Crosby (e.g. Detroit and Philly), but if Duchene ever takes the step to true stardom, I can't help but think that Crosby will have played a huge role in that.
I agree with this statement. I'm not big on Crosby but if Duchene continues to get better some of the credit needs to go to Crosby.

chet1926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2013, 11:38 PM
  #12
Duchene2MacKinnon
RIP SvatosTheGreat
 
Duchene2MacKinnon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,477
vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by bohlmeister View Post

Also, how lucky are we to have Duchene and Landy on this team. Our leadership should be strong for the next decade.
I still say we should've took that DUchene for Kulikov offer.

These guys seem to be very close, you think Sidney might have a word with YZerman to get Duchene on his line for Sochi? They essentially brought Bergeron to play with him las time because of their chemistry in 05. Just something to think about.

Also just watching that clip of Crosby, it amazes me how he can easily protect the puck with his legs and drive the net. Not much the defender can do.

Duchene2MacKinnon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2013, 11:48 PM
  #13
Mouse21*
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,255
vCash: 500
thank god for crosby.

Mouse21* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2013, 08:37 AM
  #14
El_Loco_Avs
Registered User
 
El_Loco_Avs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: The Netherlands
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 8,229
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigervixxen View Post
Some discussion in the MacKinnon thread.

It was a great article and a lot to ponder on. I love hearing about Duchene and MacK working together, especially as cornerstones of the franchise. I wonder if Duchene's "issues" we're management related. He discussed the same things in a radio interview alongside the topic of management.
Ah ok thanks. Must've missed it.

El_Loco_Avs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2013, 09:00 AM
  #15
Colorado Avalanche
Registered User
 
Colorado Avalanche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Lieto
Country: Finland
Posts: 19,401
vCash: 500
It amazing how quick Duchene looks.

Colorado Avalanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2013, 09:35 AM
  #16
Razor29
Bandwagon Hopper
 
Razor29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,076
vCash: 50
I would be ecstatic if Duchene and Crosby were on a line together at the Olympics.

Razor29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2013, 01:43 PM
  #17
tigervixxxen
Moderator
Optimism=Delusional
 
tigervixxxen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Denver
Country: United States
Posts: 43,010
vCash: 50
One more video of Crosby and Duchene. More of the former but still worth a watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paHZWkUvxIo

tigervixxxen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2013, 01:49 PM
  #18
Mystic MacK
Foppa2118
 
Mystic MacK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 27,305
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigervixxen View Post
One more video of Crosby and Duchene. More of the former but still worth a watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paHZWkUvxIo
That between the legs pass to Dutchy was ridiculous. Perfectly right on the tape without looking. They have some great chemistry. Only time I've ever seen Duchene just give up the puck for someone else to carry, and play more of a sniper or setup role, and he's done that in every clip. They do very well on give and go's too, and Duthcy burries his chances off those great passes. They have to be a favorite to be paired together for Sochi at this point.

BTW, any updates on how Hish is doing? I'm assuming these skates might be for established NHLers only, so that's why we haven't seen him there, but he should be training with Nate, Matt, and Andy O'Brien.

Mystic MacK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2013, 02:09 PM
  #19
tigervixxxen
Moderator
Optimism=Delusional
 
tigervixxxen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Denver
Country: United States
Posts: 43,010
vCash: 50
I thought someone said that Hishon was only training with advice from O'Brien rather than "with" him. I never saw his name mentioned with the Halifax crew. Looks like there will be further rendezvous in LA and Vail before the season so we'll see, hopefully. Landy will be in Vail again with the O'Brien crew, btw.

tigervixxxen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2013, 01:04 PM
  #20
avsfan9
Registered User
 
avsfan9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 922
vCash: 500
Could be the best 1, 2 punch in the league next to malkin and crosby.

avsfan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2013, 01:07 PM
  #21
Granlund2Pulkkinen*
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Country: South Africa
Posts: 39,930
vCash: 500
I remember in early 2009-2010 I was ridiculed for speculating that Duchene was the butt of bullying.

I think it's pretty apparent that he was bullied by teammates like Stewart (who I remember laughing and calling him the most immature player on the team) and others.

Granlund2Pulkkinen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2013, 01:14 PM
  #22
R S
.
 
R S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 25,450
vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by avsfan9 View Post
Could be the best 1, 2 punch in the league next to malkin and crosby.
Let's not get too ahead of ourselves here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granlund2Pulkkinen View Post
I remember in early 2009-2010 I was ridiculed for speculating that Duchene was the butt of bullying.

I think it's pretty apparent that he was bullied by teammates like Stewart (who I remember laughing and calling him the most immature player on the team) and others.
In talking to a certain Avalanche prospect, he said it was really clear that Matt didn't get a long with many of the guys on the team. This was a couple years ago now, before a guy like Landeskog really took a role as a leader on the team so who knows where it sits now. "Bullying" might have been a strong word, but I know that he was kind of a loner when compared to lots of the guys on the club at that time.

I think him taking MacKinnon under his wing will be both a good thing for Matt and for Nate.

R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2013, 01:22 PM
  #23
henchman24
Mr. Meeseeks
 
henchman24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 24,027
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post
In talking to a certain Avalanche prospect, he said it was really clear that Matt didn't get a long with many of the guys on the team. This was a couple years ago now, before a guy like Landeskog really took a role as a leader on the team so who knows where it sits now. "Bullying" might have been a strong word, but I know that he was kind of a loner when compared to lots of the guys on the club at that time.

I think him taking MacKinnon under his wing will be both a good thing for Matt and for Nate.
Seems like Matt is well liked now by at least Stastny and Landy. As with any team there are 'cliques' that form.

henchman24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2013, 02:01 PM
  #24
Granlund2Pulkkinen*
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Country: South Africa
Posts: 39,930
vCash: 500
I think it was apparent when the Avs cleaned house and more outspoken/big-character guys like Stewart, Shattenkirk, and Galiardi were shipped out.

Granlund2Pulkkinen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2013, 02:05 PM
  #25
henchman24
Mr. Meeseeks
 
henchman24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 24,027
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granlund2Pulkkinen View Post
I think it was apparent when the Avs cleaned house and more outspoken/big-character guys like Stewart, Shattenkirk, and Galiardi were shipped out.
I don't think Shattenkirk belongs in that group. SOB, Gali, Stewart, etc. I can see. SOB was a huge mistake to bring into the Avs. His character problems were well known before, and they cropped up yet again. Vegas Baby!!!

henchman24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:40 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2017 All Rights Reserved.