HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Gagner New Captain?

Closed Thread

Old
08-29-2013, 03:19 PM
jp7

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilman9482 View Post
He is an NHL player on a losing/non competitive team. He fits nowhere on a playoff team. Maybe, and I mean maybe, he fits somewhere as a third line winger. His ability to play the center position is SUPREMELY overrated.
Third line winger

Old
08-29-2013, 03:25 PM
oilman9482

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellacious View Post
This is how we know Gagner is good. Nobody says crap like this unless your good.LOL.

Jealous much?

I read a good article about haters that Joe Rogan twitted the other day. The saying haters are gonna hate is true. There is two types of people, there is the people who have a "positive disposition" that are logical and largely productive in the way they live there life and enjoy it. Then you have the negative disposition people who are complacent and very rude and do not like much if anything in this world and overly voice there not very well thought out opinions as fact. I suggest going and reading on anybody that is curious on the psychology of a hater and why they exist. Even haters should go maybe decide to make a life change after reading for the better.
Joe Rogan has some very interesting views and I agree with some of them. I don't think he takes a firm stance on anything. He certainly questions everything but he is very wishy washy. If you like Joe Rogan and you are a passionate and informed person you should give Alex Jones a listen. He is very on point on many current issues and knows a lot about false flag attacks and how our government is poisoning us through the food, air, water(GMO,Chemtrails,Flouride).

Old
08-29-2013, 03:28 PM
Bushwick Bill

Quote:
This is how we know Gagner is good. Nobody says crap like this unless your good.LOL.

Jealous much?

I read a good article about haters that Joe Rogan twitted the other day. The saying haters are gonna hate is true. There is two types of people, there is the people who have a "positive disposition" that are logical and largely productive in the way they live there life and enjoy it. Then you have the negative disposition people who are complacent and very rude and do not like much if anything in this world and overly voice there not very well thought out opinions as fact. I suggest going and reading on anybody that is curious on the psychology of a hater and why they exist. Even haters should go maybe decide to make a life change after reading for the better.
Powerful Joe Rogan!

Old
08-29-2013, 03:29 PM
Live from Rexall

Speaking of Gagner on the PK He was on the Ice for 3/4 of our Shorties and had the play that directly lead to 2/4 of them.

Old
08-29-2013, 03:29 PM
oilman9482

Quote:

Jealous much?
I could talk all day about how great Hall, Eberle, RNH are but we have a pathetic thread up about Gagner being captain before these 3 guys. It's just silly and ridiculous. Gagner loses the majority of his faceoffs and is weak on the puck. I'm sorry but take your blinders off. I wanted them to trade him at last years trade deadline. His value is as high as it will ever be.

All that being said I hope he proves me wrong. I've seen 1 long playoff run in the 20 years I've been an Oilers fan. That is just awful.

Old
08-29-2013, 03:37 PM
hellacious

Quote:
Joe Rogan has some very interesting views and I agree with some of them. I don't think he takes a firm stance on anything. He certainly questions everything but he is very wishy washy. If you like Joe Rogan and you are a passionate and informed person you should give Alex Jones a listen. He is very on point on many current issues and knows a lot about false flag attacks and how our government is poisoning us through the food, air, water(GMO,Chemtrails,Flouride).
I know who he is, i'll stick with Joe Rogan thank you very much. Only because Joe would destroy him in a fight and make fun of him at the same damn time.

Old
08-29-2013, 03:38 PM
oilman9482

Quote:
I know who he is, i'll stick with Joe Rogan thank you very much. Only because Joe would destroy him in a fight and make fun of him at the same damn time.
They are friends. Alex Jones disagrees with Joe's worldliness but they like eachother.

Old
08-29-2013, 03:39 PM
hellacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushwick Bill View Post
Powerful Joe Rogan!
It was not his article it was a study and about its findings.

Old
08-29-2013, 03:39 PM
Jimmi Jenkins
Yup we've reached it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live from Rexall View Post
Speaking of Gagner on the PK He was on the Ice for 3/4 of our Shorties and had the play that directly lead to 2/4 of them.
That can't be right, that would be Not Failing, and that apparent isn't possible for Mr. Gagner.

Old
08-29-2013, 03:40 PM
hellacious

Quote:
They are friends. Alex Jones disagrees with Joe's worldliness but they like eachother.
Thanks good to know.

Old
08-29-2013, 03:45 PM
hellacious

Quote:
I could talk all day about how great Hall, Eberle, RNH are but we have a pathetic thread up about Gagner being captain before these 3 guys. It's just silly and ridiculous. Gagner loses the majority of his faceoffs and is weak on the puck. I'm sorry but take your blinders off. I wanted them to trade him at last years trade deadline. His value is as high as it will ever be.

All that being said I hope he proves me wrong. I've seen 1 long playoff run in the 20 years I've been an Oilers fan. That is just awful.
Haters can like some things but only a hater would attack another person like they stole your lunch money for no logical reason.

Old
08-29-2013, 03:51 PM
Live from Rexall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
That can't be right, that would be Not Failing, and that apparent isn't possible for Mr. Gagner.
Was on the ice for Petry's SH goal
Broke up and assisted on both Paajarvi and Petrells goals.
Only one he missed out on was Smyths.

Old
08-29-2013, 03:55 PM
Bushwick Bill

Quote:
The youtube clip of Joey Diaz going off on the Alex Jones show with Joe Rogan is legendary

Quote:
It was not his article it was a study and about its findings.
I know but he talks about the subject a lot on his podcast

Old
08-29-2013, 04:08 PM
hellacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushwick Bill View Post
The youtube clip of Joey Diaz going off on the Alex Jones show with Joe Rogan is legendary

I know but he talks about the subject a lot on his podcast
Its a great subject. I love human psychology and want to understand how people tick. Its good for my poker game.

Old
08-29-2013, 04:12 PM
magnum17

What I would do to choose the captain and alternates, if I was Dallas Eakins:

1. Watch the players on the ice and off to get an idea of how they handle themselves and interact with all of the players at camp and the coaching staff.
2. Get input from Kelly Buchberger and Steve Smith on the leadership qualities they have seen from the players the last couple seasons. Get Keith Acton's opinion of what he sees during the camp and preseason.
3. Talk to the players to get an idea of their attitude and character. Find out who they view as the leaders of the team.

I would love to see Gagner named the captain and there are other players I'd be happy with as the captain. Regardless of who the captain is, I'll support them 100%.

Old
08-29-2013, 04:13 PM
oilman9482

Quote:
Haters can like some things but only a hater would attack another person like they stole your lunch money for no logical reason.
I'm stating that I think he is a supremely overrated hockey player. From what I hear he seems like a better human being than Hall but I don't know them personally so who knows. I like how hard he works and I think Gagner will be successful in life after his hockey career is over. That's not hating, that's being real and objective.

Old
08-29-2013, 04:30 PM
Rawg
CEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apocalyptic Mist View Post
Yeah if you're a well informed and passionate person you should listen to a crazed and delusional one? I would say if you're more open minded give him a listen... not passionate or well informed. Much of what he says are just his dumb, twisted opinion of current events. This dude is on par with Rush Limbaugh imo.

Interesting fact... the person who put trace amounts of Flouride in tap water won the nobel peace prize... The very small amounts of Flouride helps with dental health... not mind control like Alex Jones would like you to believe.
And that is why sam gagner should be captain of the Edmonton oilers

Old
08-29-2013, 05:00 PM
Puritania

vCash: 1206
Look at what the mere mention of Sam Gagner does to this board. Amazing.

Old
08-29-2013, 05:11 PM
Dorian2
The bag don't lie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by worraps View Post
Luck on the power play.
Oh. OK. Thanks for the hockey insight worraps.

Old
08-29-2013, 05:25 PM
Dorian2
The bag don't lie.

Quote:
Whoa, Panda... Take your own advice, this was a completely biased article from start to finish. I think people know at a gut level that there is something wrong with the world and trusting your government/mega banks/mega corporations implictly may be part of our problem. It is good to have an open mind and question why some cities are ADDING FLOURIDE to the water. Also GMO in the food?? Really, splicing insect genes with vegetable genes and watching as billons of the bees(pollinators) die? Also how about all those funky lines in the sky? Are they normal and loving? Come on, just ask questions and do some research that doesn't include people who are sold out to the mega corporations/banks that run this world.
What in hell's does this have to do with Sam Gagner as a possible captain?
What does this have to do with hockey smack talk?

Take your convoluted theories elsewhere please.

Thanks.

Old
08-29-2013, 05:28 PM
hellacious

Quote:
I'm stating that I think he is a supremely overrated hockey player. From what I hear he seems like a better human being than Hall but I don't know them personally so who knows. I like how hard he works and I think Gagner will be successful in life after his hockey career is over. That's not hating, that's being real and objective.
No thats back peddling. You say he is "supremely overrated". By whom i dare ask?

Old
08-29-2013, 05:48 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Why ask a question you already know and has nothing to do with what i said? Not going to play that game with you. He has problems winning faceoffs against cheaters

Oh I see, so Gagner is the only center that gets cheated against and Sam can never cheat himself, gotcha.

Quote:
The league is cracking down on winning faceoffs with your feet. He has spent the last 4 seasons taking faceoffs against guys he had no business taking faceoff against,
It's the freakin' NHL not Peewee, 6 years to get respectable and he's still not there so the excuses are flying like this is a damn airport.

Quote:
thanks to Horcoff and Belanger. Just because he took them does not make him bad at faceoffs it means he was thrown into the fire.
Poor Gagner, at 23 or 24 he has to be babysat on the dot until he gets his training wheels off.

Quote:
Yes I said back checking and it was evident that it improved with numerous takeaways on the back check he even took a few penalty's for someone that is so weak and small. I can recall more then one. But yet you only recall one defensive lapse that happens to every center in the league. Its game of mistakes and his mistakes are not that evident. Him abandoning his position is total BS, He made the NHL because of his positioning and its rather good.
How many of our other players stopped playing while the puck was headed our way? He had more than 1 bad defensive play and apparently people are going to need to start documenting them with video evidence to MAYBE get some of Sam's biggest boosters to admit that he still needs work. Hell I recall RNH getting burned more than once and he is a much better defensive player than Sam. He made the NHL because of good OFFENSIVE positioning and thinking the offensive game at a higher level than most 18 year olds. Couple that with us being starved for offense and you have Gagner's rookie year.

Quote:
He made mistakes its not any where near a problem area for him. Say what you want the proof is in the pudding.
And what flavor of pudding are you selling? The -6 flavor?

Quote:
If any of what you say is true he would not be getting paid like he is

You're right, athletes NEVER get overpaid!

Quote:
he would not be a serious contender for captain,
When has anyone with any kind of credibility said that he is a serious contender for the C?

Quote:
he would not have lead the team in ice time,
Yes because coaches never have personal favorites that they play more often than other coaches would.....

Quote:
he would not be getting it on with that hot ass docter,
Docter? I assume you mean his fiancee? From what I did see she is a good looker, good for him. That said have you seen many below average looking women with 20 something millionaires? The kid is already loaded beyond most of our dreams at the ripe old age of 24 or 25, not hard for a kid like that to get attractive looking women. Hopefully she is as beautiful on the inside as she is on the outside and they have a long and happy life together.

Quote:
He would not have so many haters like you.
You're right, the kid is great offensively, defensively, at faceoffs, the best fighter on the team, the smartest guy on the team, the best looking guy on the team, rescues kittens from tall trees and he craps strawberry sherbert. He is a perfect player and human being, how dare I or anyone else criticize any part of his game?

Quote:
The last one is how know he is good even Gretzky had a **** load of haters as well. People who suck have zero haters and they just suck.
wtf does the bolded even mean? And now we are comparing Gagner to Gretzky? Oh well apparently as good as you think that he is this shouldn't surprise me in the slightest and I suppose I should've seen it coming. As for people who suck having zero "haters" apparently you don't pay much attention to my posting history or this board. Do the names Petersen, Strudwick, Stortini, Foster, O'Sullivan, Cross, etc. ring any bells?

Quote:
And no I am not saying he is as good as Gretzky just saying he is good. Why is that so hard for you to admit???????????
He is an above average offensive 2nd line center and a below average defensive and faceoff performer for a 2nd line center, why can't you admit this or that he has any weaknesses in his game?

08-29-2013, 06:27 PM
Perfect_Drug

I personally think the only issue with giving Gagner the 'C' is optics.

It's like giving the 'C' to Adam Deadmarsh, when you had Sakic and Forsberg in tow.

Imagine if the 80's Oilers were captained by Mike Krushelniski?

Despite what anyone on either side of the ledger thinks of Gagner, it's pretty unanimous that he is NOT the straw that stirs the drink.

Old
08-29-2013, 06:51 PM
GreatKeith

What exactly makes a good captain? Clutch plays? Willingness to stand up for teammates?

If we make Hall the captain and we end up worse than last year, who gets the blame now that Horcoff is gone?

Contrast, what if Gagner becomes the captain and we make the playoffs? Will he get any credit?

Old
08-29-2013, 07:06 PM
hellacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post

Oh I see, so Gagner is the only center that gets cheated against and Sam can never cheat himself, gotcha.

It's the freakin' NHL not Peewee, 6 years to get respectable and he's still not there so the excuses are flying like this is a damn airport.

Poor Gagner, at 23 or 24 he has to be babysat on the dot until he gets his training wheels off.

How many of our other players stopped playing while the puck was headed our way? He had more than 1 bad defensive play and apparently people are going to need to start documenting them with video evidence to MAYBE get some of Sam's biggest boosters to admit that he still needs work. Hell I recall RNH getting burned more than once and he is a much better defensive player than Sam. He made the NHL because of good OFFENSIVE positioning and thinking the offensive game at a higher level than most 18 year olds. Couple that with us being starved for offense and you have Gagner's rookie year.

And what flavor of pudding are you selling? The -6 flavor?

You're right, athletes NEVER get overpaid!

When has anyone with any kind of credibility said that he is a serious contender for the C?

Yes because coaches never have personal favorites that they play more often than other coaches would.....

Docter? I assume you mean his fiancee? From what I did see she is a good looker, good for him. That said have you seen many below average looking women with 20 something millionaires? The kid is already loaded beyond most of our dreams at the ripe old age of 24 or 25, not hard for a kid like that to get attractive looking women. Hopefully she is as beautiful on the inside as she is on the outside and they have a long and happy life together.

You're right, the kid is great offensively, defensively, at faceoffs, the best fighter on the team, the smartest guy on the team, the best looking guy on the team, rescues kittens from tall trees and he craps strawberry sherbert. He is a perfect player and human being, how dare I or anyone else criticize any part of his game?

wtf does the bolded even mean? And now we are comparing Gagner to Gretzky? Oh well apparently as good as you think that he is this shouldn't surprise me in the slightest and I suppose I should've seen it coming. As for people who suck having zero "haters" apparently you don't pay much attention to my posting history or this board. Do the names Petersen, Strudwick, Stortini, Foster, O'Sullivan, Cross, etc. ring any bells?

He is an above average offensive 2nd line center and a below average defensive and faceoff performer for a 2nd line center, why can't you admit this or that he has any weaknesses in his game?
Why reply like that? Think of your reader's why don't you.

I have admitted his weaknesses on numerous occasions. He is above average offensively and average defensively. What is all the fuss about?

Still can not admit it yourself can you? Because you seemed to ignore the questions altogether and made my eye's go cross eyed trying to make sense of it all.

Closed Thread