HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Guillaume Latendresse Any interest

Old
08-29-2013, 12:25 PM
Byrddog

vCash: 500
Guillaume Latendresse Any interest

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nhl/...me-latendresse

Hes injury prone but Karyia was signed after a big injury and worked out ok. He fits the grit mold DP and Trotz are looking for he can score if hes healthy. His salary was 1.25 last year and is still unsigned. Heck its worth a shot to invite the guy to camp. If he plays 40 games he will have more points than Smith playing 82..

Thoughts???????

Byrddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2013, 12:40 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

I just don't see space for a guy who hasn't played more than 27 games since 2009. Injury prone is taking it lightly in my opinion.

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2013, 12:46 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

If we had room I'd go for it. I don't really want to get rid of anyone though

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2013, 12:54 PM
SeventyOneTN

I don't see enough upside to waste the time

SeventyOneTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2013, 01:21 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
If we had a forward spot that was going to be filled by an untried prospect I would say yes, but as I have said before we already have 14 forwards and thats with Beck in the minors... so, pass...

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2013, 01:24 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
If we had room I'd go for it. I don't really want to get rid of anyone though
This. Lattendresse, Mueller, Omark, Grabovski, etc. are all guys that would have been nice to have, but we simply don't have space.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2013, 03:54 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Right now, we only have room for 2 of Beck, Forsberg, Smith and Spaling. If the players don't offer a ton more potential than any of those guys, they're not worth it.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2013, 05:04 PM
Byrddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
This. Lattendresse, Mueller, Omark, Grabovski, etc. are all guys that would have been nice to have, but we simply don't have space.
While true if he could be had for a mil after a good camp invite hes worth the chance. We have a couple options to make room for a player that has played top 6. MAny will not like the options but if it makes a better team put FF in Milwaukee and use as a first call up. Beck could spend another period as well. Smith could be waived at the end of camp if he does not show dramatic improvement. Spaling could be scratched to make room. There are options, at this point this team can not afford not to take a chance on at least one forward. The group currently signed will not get the team where it needs to be. We once again face a training camp and the start of a season with a glut of 3d and 4th line talent. We have little proof that Wilson or Borque will excel on top lines. Potential yes but no proof, the same can be said for FF. Putting FF in a must perform situation may well ruin him. Perhaps it is just getting close to the start of the season but I abhor the thought of going into March with most of the people here "TANKING" for a pick. The time is now to make an adjustment, the few FA's left will be in Europe and we will be saddled with players that are unproven or not ready or playing on a line that is above there talent.

Old
08-29-2013, 05:24 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Hell no

And don't compare him to Kariya. Kariya is 10000000 notches above Latendresse

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2013, 05:28 PM
Byrddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
Hell no

And don't compare him to Kariya. Kariya is 10000000 notches above Latendresse
I did not compare the players only the status of both recovering from injury. Im thinking you may need a good dose of Prozac......

Old
08-29-2013, 09:04 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Sorry, but Beck has proven himself as a top 2 line talent imo. He was strong on the puck and look real tough. He's ready for the NHL I think.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2013, 02:52 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
Sorry, but Beck has proven himself as a top 2 line talent imo. He was strong on the puck and look real tough. He's ready for the NHL I think.
yeah but his contract and waiver status may put him in the AHL again. Total waste, IMHO, as he's a better hockey player than Smith or Spaling but he is able to play in the AHL so he will.

Old
08-30-2013, 06:42 AM
Preds33

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
yeah but his contract and waiver status may put him in the AHL again. Total waste, IMHO, as he's a better hockey player than Smith or Spaling but he is able to play in the AHL so he will.
Yes it is a total waste.

Preds33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2013, 08:49 AM
glenngineer

The funny thing about Beck is I agree that he belongs at this level but because of his waiver status, he probably gets sent down unless he lights it up at camp. To me, that sucks because here's a kid who's earned a spot yet is the odd man out because of the "business" side of hockey. I think at the end of the day you put the best players on the ice that give you the best chance to win on a nightly basis. If Beck is one of those guys, he needs to be here and not in Milwaukee. And honestly I hope Smith breaks out because once the old guard at center start retiring or moving on, we need him up the middle with Wilson and Watson as our top 3 centers. That is our future if things turn out right. If they don't, Poile will address it but I can see that as the plan as of now. Also, see Spaling in the number 4 hole or even possibly the 3rd line role if need be.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2013, 11:04 AM
thecloser

we need to move spaling already and then contemplate what to do with smith.

thecloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2013, 11:12 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecloser View Post
we need to move spaling already and then contemplate what to do with smith.
Agreed.

Old
08-30-2013, 11:13 AM
Byrddog

Im not convinced that Beck is second line material at this point but for sure he deserves to be on the big team. The big problem is that as fans accept that Beck could play 2nd line for us right now. The same should be said for Borque they are still young guys and would be better suited for a year on a NHL 3rd line. But out of necessity we must hope they play a line or two above there current level and be successful at it. his is the sole reason Latendresse would be a no brainer, he has the top 6 experience and there is potential he could have a good year. He cold be signed for mil, at this point the team is overpaying a number of players compared to what they are worth. Something has to happen soon especially in the back-up goalie area. Most of us are scratching our heads wondering what this team will look like in 4 weeks. The team is marginally better at best over last years squad. Hopefully there will not be as many injuries as last year but there will be injuries, there always are. DP needs to find a couple bargin deals.

Old
09-01-2013, 01:27 AM
MuKa Crisp

Another 3rd liner just what we need..

MuKa Crisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2013, 03:04 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Just saw on the Trades board that he may have gotten an invite from the Yotes.

Quote:
@Stormin1Norman
Hearing Guillaume Latendresse will be at #Coyotes camp next week #NHL I'm glad to hear Guillaume will be getting a chance to prove himself
https://twitter.com/Stormin1Norman/s...83690841837568

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote