HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: Sports Bar in Tampa?

Old
11-13-2006, 07:37 AM
DCL72

vCash: 500
OT: Sports Bar in Tampa?

Anyone know of a sports bar in Tampa that would show the game vs. Ottawa? Visiting and don't particularly want to miss this game. (the good new is, I'll be at the game on Wednesday)

DCL72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2006, 11:31 AM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCL72 View Post
Anyone know of a sports bar in Tampa that would show the game vs. Ottawa? Visiting and don't particularly want to miss this game. (the good new is, I'll be at the game on Wednesday)
Go to the Bolts board...I'm sure they can answer you

Old
11-13-2006, 11:59 AM
westcoast habsfan

Don't hold your breathe on that one. It's Monday Night Football tonight and I'm pretty sure there is an NBA game on somewhere. Many U.S. Sports Bars last year were refusing to show ANY play-off hockey games, preferring instead to show NBA play-off basketball or baseball, regardless of how many freakin' T.V.s. they had. I have a friend who travelled to the States and tried to pay a bartender to turn one of the 100 TV's they had to a hockey match, nothing doing. I did a Seattle-Toronto car trip last spring and experienced the same thing no matter where I was. I had hoped not to miss any play-off games but I ended up missing an entire week's worth.

The fact that you want to watch two Canadian teams... Well, Good Luck on that one.

The NHL simply does not exist right now in the U.S. except in a few markets (N.Y Rangers, Minnesota, for example.) It's really, really sad. The whole 'everything is okay' stance by Bettman is a joke. The NHL has shot itself in the head because of the lock-out and is currently on life support in the U.S.

westcoast habsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2006, 12:02 PM
skipp18

Tampa is more famous for its strip clubs than its sports bars.

skipp18 is offline   Reply With Quote